It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney to reach 1,144 Delegates in Texas:

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

So, five more posts and nothing constructive out of any of them! Your post was the best of the dribble. But do you speak for Texas?? NO. You don't so shut up if you can't face reality, then I am sorry. But that's what your fellow Americans are doing. Voting for Romney, after all this is a free country right? People can vote for whomever they want right?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Actualy go to the real gelagate count.com.If you want the real delagate count.Not the straw polls.
V

So after I debunk that map which I have in my previous posts, what's next? Because all I am hearing is that I am wrong. And stupid. Shame on me for voting for the lesser of three evils! See what I did there? I place Ron Paul in the same category as Obama

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Romney 565 bound delagates,Dr.Paul 188 bound delagates if Romney doesn' win the Delagate Nomation on the First vote all delagates become unbound.Most of Romney's bound delagates are Dr.Paul supports.There votes will change to Dr. Paul.Do you remember the last GOP canidate to do this Ronald Reagan.He won so study up before you create a post based on MSM lies.Political neophyte.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You've never debunked it. You can't because.. its the actual delegat count. Based on info from each state convention. If you actually researched the states one at a time you would see its correct. I bet you a hundred you can't debunk it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Wrong. The green papers have many errors and are poorly updated. The one you are referring to isn't by rp supporters. If it was then there would be several other states as paul wins but it shows the real facts. Like the double slates in oklahoma (look itt up) and the dispute in mass. Seriously you can take that map and check the info on every state against news sources and prove it correct. That's why you can't debunk it. Anyone can compare it and know the real count is correct.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

No you don't understand and it doesn't matter if they aree bound because even if they are they have the option to abstain from the first round of voting.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You've never debunked it. You can't because.. its the actual delegat count. Based on info from each state convention. If you actually researched the states one at a time you would see its correct. I bet you a hundred you can't debunk it.

They don't provide links to their info and the only link they do provide is the link to Michigan which was written by a ron paul support the dude admits it in the comments section. Some journalism skills there! Most journalists are not posting on their own companies' websites its against company policy to do that, I believe.

Again, you never disproved the greenpapers. Outkast asked you a question and you never answered him. It wasn't a bogus question either it was a very specific question about Colorado and who voted for who!

I cannot verify any of the info on the map because they don't link their sources. And when I research their counts I only get redirected to RonPaul forums which links the map. Try it yourself and you'll see. Every other independent source on the internet uses the info which is backed up in the greenpapers! You wanna know how they got those numbers, greenpaper is the go to source!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

No you don't understand and it doesn't matter if they aree bound because even if they are they have the option to abstain from the first round of voting.

as per RNC rules: No bound delegate has the right to abstain from voting for the candidate they are legally bound to unless the candidate drops out or dies! Now, once Romney gets all of the bound 1,144 delegates, it doesn't matter because he would have already gotten the number! So then, it doesn't matter if all of newt's or santorum's delegates go to Paul. He will still be a few delegates shy away from, clinching the nomination. But that's saying that ALL of the remaining delegates will go to Paul before Romney wins it.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT A PURE DEMOCRACY.

All you anti-paul people had better get a grasp of this very simple concept. Let me repeat -

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IS NOT A PURE DEMOCRACY.

This means that despite the State election popular vote (especially in caucus states) IT IS DELEGATE REPRESENTATION that decides who actually wins! There is no binding law that forces a delegate of a certain state to vote in accordance with the popular vote / beauty contests. The democrat and republican parties are private parties and they can set their own rules regarding the delegate allocation. And they have. No state can force a delegate to vote in accordance with the popular vote of that state. Only the party (in this case the republican party) can make those rules. Their rules are quite clear - that no state can bind a delegate to vote a particular way.

The US of A is a REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY. We elect representatives to represent the countries best interest. This may or may not coincide with the "popular vote". Our founding fathers knew this which is why they instituted a REPRESENTATIVE SYSTEM. A pure democracy tramples on the rights of the minority - however you define that minority - and as such representatives have the ultimate decision. Not the popular vote.

As such, it is the delegates who decide who gets elected. As it stands, Ron Paul is winning the delegate strategy. In states where the MSM tells you they are "Bound for Romney" they are actually NOT bound for Romney and are very likely Ron Paul supporters who will either abstain and/or vote Ron Paul against their states wishes during the first ballot.

A proper understanding of the political system of the country you live in would serve a lot of these people well.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

reply to post by vkey08

as per RNC rules: No bound delegate has the right to abstain from voting for the candidate they are legally bound to unless the candidate drops out or dies! Now, once Romney gets all of the bound 1,144 delegates, it doesn't matter because he would have already gotten the number! So then, it doesn't matter if all of newt's or santorum's delegates go to Paul. He will still be a few delegates shy away from, clinching the nomination. But that's saying that ALL of the remaining delegates will go to Paul before Romney wins it.

Care to provide a source? Because I've read the RNC adopted rules from 2008 and I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by vkey08

Check it out, already done for you. You're welcome.

MSM Source

Key sentence here FROM THE RNC Lawyers own mouth:

"The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose." - Jennifer Sheehan Legal Counsel for the RNC in 2008.

There's your Reality Check.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Rule 38 states: "No delegate or alternate delegate shall be bound by any attempt of any state or Congressional district to impose the unit rule."

What is the Unit Rule? A rule under which a delegation to a national political convention casts its entire vote as a unit as determined by a majority vote.

This is why we have unbound delegates so they are free to choose what they want to do. This is what rule 38 is all about. So because no delegate block ever uses the unit rule, rule 38 still applies to every delegate. Is it tricky yes? Is it unfair? Perhaps. But its one little rule in a handbook of legislation. If you look hard enough you can find contradictions in any book/law book in the system!

I Think I used an outdated manual for the RNC rules in the other post. Sorry about the mess up.

edit on 26-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Rule 38 won't matter anyway, because all of the required delegates will be Romney's and...He will likely win more after that

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Romney has no serious competition left in the race. He has been solely focusing his attention on Obama. And in a recent speech Obama actually called Romney the candidate to beat. Those two are butting heads and Soon it will be official, with no chance of a brokered convention, like some were hoping for.

On May 29 Mitt Romney will become the official Republican Nominee for the President of the United States!

www.star-telegram.com...

So what, both of them are like twin brothers from different mothers, policy wise. They both are owned by the same company.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Paul and more importantly Rand want to stay in the GOP. That means they can't hold out for a floor fight in Tampa, that means they and their supporters have to eventually back Romney. However, it appears that Paul supporters are sending delegates to the convention who may not heed the Paul campaign's calls for "decorum" so it will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If I were Mitt Romney I'd be saying.....

"Damn all these rules, the major news networks are saying I've won...The major newspapers say I've
got it in the bag...I've spent millions of dollars, bussed people to conventions, paid insiders to cheat, ran
EXPENSIVE ads on TV, worked, and connived, and defrauded thousands of people...AND YOU IDIOTS
CAN"T FIND ANYWAY TO GET AROUND A FEW SIMPLE DAMN RULES!!??....Seriously, somebody FIX
THIS, or all you ineffectual schmucks are gonna be staying at the Motel Six at the next primary!!"

RNC rules amended 2010

I especially like rule 38.

It's like a beautiful rainbow after a spring shower.....

ahhhhhhhh
edit on 27-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

I think you are acting dumb. Do you have comprehension problems? Did you just now begin to try and understand the election process?
I don't even get what you are saying.
ARe you implying the delegate process is run by fox news? By a beauty contest vote? huh? Did you just fall off the lettuce truck?
Or are you trolling?
Or just dumb unable to comprehend the process?

Do you have any source to link that the nomination is won at the convention? Once Romney hits the magic number mark in texas that's it! It's over! Sorry to burst your bubble. But are YOU living in reality?

Ummmmm no, the delegates all vote at the convention in August buddy. Every thing up to that point is a beauty contest ran by fox news and CNN. Do you home work before making silly comments, kinda makes you look dumb and under educated.

Have a great day!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
How can people on this website still support Romney after all the BS we have uncovered on him? Especially concerning him being a bully, bought out by corporations, his questionable business ethics, and the tendency of his supporters to try to derail county caucuses. He is as corrupt as they come, there is nothing new with this guy.

Mitt Romney may win the election, but Ron Paul has won the hearts of more people than Romney ever will.
edit on 27-5-2012 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro

Originally posted by Mindcrime30

All the Paul supporters should be getting behind him to help spread a message of liberty, which is what Paul himself wants.

This claiming we are winning just feeds into the generalization of Paul supporters a crazies and doesnt help the movement at all.

How do you propose we "should be getting behind him" and "help the movement"? Vote for Romney or Obama?? No, thanks. I doubt that would help on either count. To "help spread the message of liberty" should I tell all my friends and together we ask Romney pretty-please, or Obama?

I know, since Paul is still in the race and any alternative candidate, with the possible exception of Gary Johnson, would be counter-productive to your recommendations and personally distasteful, why not let's just stay with our candidate of choice for the distance? For me that means through the convention, to a third-party, or a write-in selection. I don't see many other options.

The OP still gives Paul 100 to 1 (1%). I'll take those odds. I am neither a corporatist, evangelical, nor authoritarian so even as a registered Republican I see no sense in backing the GOP's manufactured favorite, nor the incumbant.

Your trying to put words in my mouth that I never said, which isn't appreciated.
I never told you not to vote for Ron Paul, because I think you should. I never said I wont be writing in Ron Paul, because I will be.

What Im saying is that having support for Ron Paul is great but it gets to the point where folks are just no longer in touch with reality.

Ron Paul will not be our next president, its just a fact of the matter. The race is down to Obama vs. Romney, sorry. Paul ran a great race and hopefully will be able to speak at the convention to help further spread our message.

The true Ron Paul supporters are still out supporting Ron and his ideas. We are talking to our neighbors, friends, and families. We are spreading his message and will continue to do so for many years to come.

So many people who claim to be diehard RP fans won't even listen to the man. Ron Paul himself has said he doesn't plan on winning the election, he is more interested in spreading his beliefs in the hope of a better future.

1. How do you propose we "should be getting behind him" and "help the movement"? Vote for Romney or Obama?? No, thanks. I doubt that would help on either count. To "help spread the message of liberty" should I tell all my friends and together we ask Romney pretty-please, or Obama?

By supporting him and his ideas, and spreading the message he speaks throughout our communities. By making sure his ideas are heard by the greatest number of people possible. NOT by running around talking about how were winning the election right now, which does more harm than good. We wonder why were called crazies, but we dont do anything to fix the problem.

2. I know, since Paul is still in the race and any alternative candidate, with the possible exception of Gary Johnson, would be counter-productive to your recommendations and personally distasteful, why not let's just stay with our candidate of choice for the distance? For me that means through the convention, to a third-party, or a write-in selection. I don't see many other options.

Never told you not to stay with Ron Paul.

3. The OP still gives Paul 100 to 1 (1%). I'll take those odds. I am neither a corporatist, evangelical, nor authoritarian so even as a registered Republican I see no sense in backing the GOP's manufactured favorite, nor the incumbant.

More like .000001% but I agree that you should back your candidate to the bitter end, I will be writing in RP...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It really is sad that there are people on this site who support MITT ROMNEY, for the love of God it's just ridiculous. A man who made money off of destroying profitable companies and erasing the jobs that went along with them.

We cannot possibly have much longer...............

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join