It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Force A Rapist To Become Female?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

A heated debate is going on regarding rapists and what to do with them. Some are even advocating forced sex-changes. Do you think such a punishment makes sense? Let's see what's your stance on this controversial issue.

Cheers!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by survivaloftheslickest

Not necessarily a sex change.
Castration (not chemical as that's to nice) would be my preferred method.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thats a pretty interesting idea but what happens when you have all these psycho chicks running around? After all...the introduction of estrogen does not necessarily mean the introduction of sanity or sound decision making. And they still have the same brain. If they truly suffer from a personality disorder they are going to carry it into the other gender. And then we'll have a bunch of lesbians who dont like to be told no.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
...But women can rape too. So you are just changing one set of 'rape tools' for another.

I know most people don't like to think/believe of women to be the aggressor, but it can, and does happen.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I believe the punishment should fit the crime. The rapists should be raped by no less then 10 sexually frustrated, mange infested mountain back gorillas. To death. I think that might help deter a few potential rapists in the future. But again, this is my opinion.
edit on 25-5-2012 by WalterKovacs because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by WalterKovacs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What?!?! no rapist are people who have a misguided sense of society and how to treat people especially people they are sexual attracted to.

How about give them therapy to heal them and make them better. And teach them how to control their urges.

The very small amount of rapist that cannot be healed then yes I would give them medication to get rid of sexual urges along therapy even if it is for the rest of their life.

That method you stated people are explaining is dangerous and stupid. forced sex change is a discussing thing to do to someone. yet i do believe that if they do it to people they should have it done to them. see how they like it.

A majority of these people are sick and need help. even though rape is normal all over the animal kingdom since it serves its place in evolution (to enable the survival of species) we as humans have reached an age where we don't need to use it any more.

Yet somewhere in are subconscious underlies the concept of rape left over as primal evolutionary baggage.

I just think it is present in some people who are obviously desperate for sex and for others it isnt.
edit on 25-5-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2012 by definity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivaloftheslickest
Hello ATS,

A heated debate is going on regarding rapists and what to do with them. Some are even advocating forced sex-changes. Do you think such a punishment makes sense? Let's see what's your stance on this controversial issue.

Cheers!

I can't say I understand the intent of forced sex changes in this matter. Chemical (or mechanical) castration would seem to make better sense, but I could also see that - being a life-long disfigurement - as possibly resulting in more fury, acting out, or revenge.

I've got qualms with myself for thinking along these lines, but lately I've been considering a very eye-for-an-eye approach to justice and crime - if someone rapes (or commits other crime beyond the shadow of a doubt), put them in the same situation. No lengthy and costly prison sentence required, just give them a day or two in lockup with the horniest cons available and let them reap as they have sown.

Once someone is castrated, that's pretty much a done deal - and then what, with repeat offenders? But, someone who's had a taste of prison rape, I'd imagine, would be very cognizant of the justice involved and VERY intent on not repeating the event.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I have been for lack of a better term advocating this since high school, to force a gender change on a rapist be it male or female then to place them in a prison population of there previous gender, call it an eye for an eye scenario if you will. Though a previous poster is correct it would not change there mental condition it would give them a taste of there own meds if you will. Is it a morally correct thing to do, maybe not but then again neither is forcing some one into a sexual act. The only real problem i see with this is who would be footing the bill as i personally dont enjoy paying for the housing food and care of criminals let alone the price of a sex change with full on hormone treatments. so i guess you could say that i am still somewhat up in the air on this debate.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe add a big "Rapist" tattoo on their forehead
after the castration and jail time.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Castration without Anesthesia comes to my mind.

I have no sympathy when it comes to punishing rapists.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
These are all good ideas. But to be fair, like some of our fellow ATSers mentioned, whatever can keep them from doing it again and whatever is the cheapest for the punishment. While I would like my idea come to fruition, it would sadly not be possible. One 39 cent bullet would solve the dilemma of cheap, cost effective punishment. BUT how to implement something devious that would deter possible rapists in the future. Maybe the punishment should be pubic. (C-Span, is a likely channel to post it on since it is quite boring. It might spruce up the channel!)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
@ Title...

I certainly wouldn't want to give a female-rapist a penis. That'd just make her life easier.

---

But apart from an expensive sex-op, why not just kill them?

Some of you have said "Castrate them" --- Of course, that's easy enough. But guess what, rapists are sick, and can use anything they need to fulfill their thoughts.

Isolation, mind control, or a bullet. Castration would most likely not work.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Keep in mind, many "rapist" are there because of false allegations. Would you be comfortable with this under those circumstances?

I'm fine with keeping them in prison for the rest of their lives.

And castration doesn't truly stop them from raping anyway.

For example:

abcnews.go.com...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
IF it can be proven without a doubt that the person is 99% + likely the person who indeed committed the crime then just put a bullet n their brain and be done with the scum. Of course this has to be real rape and not someone forcing sex with a lover, I have heard of guys going to prison for raping their wives - even if it is rape, if she didn't want to be having sex with him than she probably shouldn't have married him, although when forced like this I do feel like they should get fair domestic charges. Bottom line is that rape is messy business, many people will use the idea or actual thing as a bargaining chip an others will just straight up lie and say someone raped the simply to get hem into big trouble, sad but very true.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
...But women can rape too. So you are just changing one set of 'rape tools' for another.

I know most people don't like to think/believe of women to be the aggressor, but it can, and does happen.

You are absolutely right, people assume women don't involve in such sex acts, intact women and men have equal sex drive, possibly more than men.

How often you hear about women pedophiles? women rape? you think they don't exist?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I survived a brutal rape. I now have a phobia of strangers (especially men). I have flashbacks and nightmares with no warning. I'm moving past this, but it's still an integral part of who I am.

Would I castrate my attacker? Gladly. I'd use rusty pliers and a dull steak knife. It would take hours, exactly how long he spent with me.

Now for the truth. I could never do such a thing myself. It's not in me to inflict pain for vengeance sake. But I most certainly think castration is a great idea. Keep the bastard from preying on others.

Just my two cents.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
People are fickle creatures and they tend to exhibit knee-jerk reactions, especially in such profoundly disturbing cases. One could of course proffer that forced sex-change, or even surgical castration, is a bridge too far. If one commits such an act, however, then surely an equally unpleasant punishment is a corollary.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
hollow points and a back alley

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
pretty damn sick idea if you ask me. How many innocent people would be castrated? I mean the way I see it is this turned into a salem witch trial there is no need for evidence a woman says rape and the man is charged. I have known two women who confessed lying about it and feeling bad that the person was in prison but would not come forward and tell the truth after the fact. Its the same with domestic abuse if a woman says he hit me then the man is screwed even if he didnt hit her. I know this is just a small fraction of people on the list but even with the ones who are rapists they probably were raped themselves and are sick people need therapy and strict observation to decide whether they are indeed better.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ok. Men can be raped as well...(look at all the female teachers busted for sex with their male students)...unusual yes...but not unheard of.

Given that.....would we turn female rapists (as in teacher-student rape)..into males?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join