It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does the talking when you think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Someone employed by Mcdonalds who lives in China and hasn't slept since new years.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

YEAH, THATS IT. Just like that. Good example.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We have crossed paths in the past and don't agree on much, but that was a good one. Thanks

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by TheQuantumAnomaly

Absolutely! When you think within language you are already limited by what others have defined. A child is free to go where no adult can ... But one of the problems is to communicate your experience to others. By definition it is impossible without using language.

Actually, I was wrong about the last sentence. I believe that the "arts" are able to say much more than language. I.e. MUSIC !

Good luck on your journey.
edit on 24-5-2012 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

We don't know that, absolutely. Telepathy is a possibility.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Is this normal? Just wondering cuz this been that way ever since i turned 9 years old.

Apparently it is. But when you think about it, it is also very limiting. I think that's one of the benefits of meditation. You shut up the talker ...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
"For what person knows a man's thoughts except the spirit of the man which is in him?" (1 Corinthians 2:11)

Man is body, psyche and spirit.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

True. We don't know. But we also don't know if a pink pig is circling the moon every 2 minutes. We haven't detected it, because it's invisible. But I know it's pink ...

As far as I know there is no scientific proof for telepathy. Randi's $1'000'000.00 is still on the table ...

science.howstuffworks.com...

link   
What if the one that does the talking, says things that are not of your vocabulary or mind thought? What if you thought about ice cream, like that might taste good, then the other states. so does dead rats.

link   

I have the written words or pictures of things when I think...if it's a concience thing I hear my mother's voice you know if it is thinking about saying something mean or beating the P^^^ out of someone I hear that my mom's voice saying "You know you will go to jail...hurt their feelings whateve".

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
"For what person knows a man's thoughts except the spirit of the man which is in him?" (1 Corinthians 2:11)

I have read the Bible. Would you extend the same courtesy and read a current book on neuroscience? A good start would be Dr. Flanagan's "The Problem Of The Soul".

Link: www.amazon.com...

If you have some foundation in neuroscience (and you may have a Ph.D, I don't know) I'd like to know what makes you so sure that we posses a "spirit"? A story written in a book doesn't qualify in my opinion.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
So when you think about something it is like two sides to a quarter. heads or tails. The other is not bad, just strange. other thinker says, you haven't seen strange yet. So am i nuts, or is this rational way of thinking? The thought process or what.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What if the one that does the talking, says things that are not of your vocabulary or mind thought? What if you thought about ice cream, like that might taste good, then the other states. so does dead rats.

Very tasty example, but I don't think that there is anything happening inside your skull that isn't "you". So your presumption that "things that are not of your vocabulary or mind though" are actually yours, but they haven't made it to your conscious level. Therefore you "hear" it for the first time.

There are thoughts that are deemed "inappropriate" by society that are totally normal, but we tend to surpress them.

If it's not "yours" whose thoughts are they?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Definitely my mother... That's the voice I hear in my head. At this age though, I am not sure if it is my mother or if I have just turned into her.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have a question. Some people are born with a twin. Some with two heads, 3 feet, 3 arms and all kinds of other things. Some even are born normal, but yet want a limb to be sergically removed because they think that the limb is not thiers or does not respond to them. Tell me, is this the same with the brain? A second twin lurking in your mind or something like that.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So when you think about something it is like two sides to a quarter. heads or tails. The other is not bad, just strange. other thinker says, you haven't seen strange yet. So am i nuts, or is this rational way of thinking? The thought process or what.

I'm not a shrink, but as long as your "thinking" doesn't include hurting another being, or yourself, you should be ok. "Crazy" is only what crazy mankind has deemed to be so. Many artists are certifiably crazy, (cutting off one's ear would qualify me thinks), but life would be so much duller without them

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I have a question. Some people are born with a twin. Some with two heads, 3 feet, 3 arms and all kinds of other things. Some even are born normal, but yet want a limb to be sergically removed because they think that the limb is not thiers or does not respond to them. Tell me, is this the same with the brain? A second twin lurking in your mind or something like that.

My knowledge of neuroscience is not very deep, but I know that the foundation of the human brain stem is reptillian. And then there are many layers on top of that. You could say that there are many different "agents" living in our skull and they constantly fight for dominance. Sometimes the "animal" wins - ice cream - and sometimes the "logical" frontal cortex wins - healthy broccoli.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

What is a thought? Where does it come from? Where does it go to?

What then is inspiration?

An interesting study showing the affect Prayer has on water (that has no conscious thought but is still affected)

witnessthis.wordpress.com...

Since the human body is mostly water it stands to reason that Prayer can change the human body as well.

This is too way out there to believe... or is it?

If I say something scathing with a single word that registers in your brain I imbue an emotion upon you likewise if I said something loving in a single word that made you feel love I am also transmitting emotion via a single word so emotion also plays into thought.

But thought isn't necessary and Dr Masaru Emoto first embarked on his study by playing music to plants and Mozart aided its growth and the emotion of the music in this case has an effect.

The Bible is full of words and is the living word. Interesting use of bringing words to action and as water can be changed so too does one of Faith.

So if Faith and emotion and belief play a part in it then where does this power originate from? I Prayed for a dogs health and was told that its bloodwork was the best the vet had ever seen for its age. The dog didn't know I was Praying for it but was still affected. What then is the power behind Prayer and as sorry as I am to keep bringing God into the picture since so many don't want to believe the simple fact remains that we are all connected through the most powerful word of all... that living word. Love.

If you then instead of thinking love reach out from your heart - that longing we feel when separated from loved ones - we also connect with them even if they do not know you are thinking of them. A mother senses a child's distress without knowing the child is in distress. Dreams communicate across distances and dimensions... if you only believe.

This then brings to mind that since we can affect beyond our physical limitations then can cures for autism be found not in the afflicted but from beyond their physical body?

Telepathy then seems to unite two separate and different bodies.

When I type I never know where the words come from, they just flow. Divine inspiration or active imagination? But then if I imagine it and transmit an emotion from a reader then it manifests in reality so we do seem to have the capability to create.

The carpenters rule: Think twice, speak once. On second thought I should change that... see how that one works? Perhaps too deep in our present understanding of higher vibrational frequencies.

The issue is that as a Christian tries to sway non-believers to become believers a wall of disbelief first needs to be torn down and when a mind is blocked to possibility it will not see the possible change and it won't happen.

A believer feels a need to bring others unto the Blessing yet it is viewed as a curse by those who do not believe in the power to begin with.

We then touch upon the soul. A word has its own manifestation and whether positive or negative isn't the issue to the speaker as it is all positive but to a non-believer it is all negative. Is it then the soul that is that universal connect? I would say yes but a water molecule has no soul and neither does the dog... it just is.

The miracle of life...

We can influence more than a single person with a single word so the power behind the word is infinite

Did it originate within us or beyond us is that $64k question. In other words (no pun intended) we are all energy, from our words, to our actions, to our emotions, to our outlook, to our destiny. Manifest Love and as the most powerful emotion it unites all things.

Food for thought (sorry, couldn't resist and we are all hungry)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

I have read the Bible. Would you extend the same courtesy and read a current book on neuroscience? A good start would be Dr. Flanagan's "The Problem Of The Soul".

Link: www.amazon.com...

If you have some foundation in neuroscience (and you may have a Ph.D, I don't know) I'd like to know what makes you so sure that we posses a "spirit"? A story written in a book doesn't qualify in my opinion.

Thank you for the reference. I may not read it all but I will certainly review it.

Did you know that the Greek word for 'soul' is psuche is the root of the word psucheology...
...that is Anglicised to Psychology...
...originally Psychology was devised as a discourse/study of the 'soul'...
...but later became primarily the study of behaviour?

I think that the range of ideas that Psychology addresses is a good definition of 'soul'.

Spirit even in theological thinking has beccome confused with 'soul'...
...and this confusion may well best describe the dilemma of western man...
...he is an animal but with the addition of a 'spirit' that he no longer knows he has.

The outcome of this 'spiritless' state is an attempt to fill the void with obsessions and substances.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

When I think I use language to form my thoughts. In a sense I'm having a conversation with myself. Does anybody else function that way? During that inner monologue do you hear a voice, or is that process voiceless, more abstract?

Some people tell me that they form mental pictures instead of "talking".

How does your brain work?

Greetings, AllIsOne. what an interesting question! You want to know how my brain works? I call it multi-dimensional thinking. I have, through the years, became aware of at least four other dimensions that I seem to be able to access. Each is a little different from the others, people are in different stations of life. Yes, it gets confusing sometimes.

The voice in my head is my own voice, I think of it as my higher Self, commonly called my Guardian Angel, which is two beings, one male, one female, that are near exact twins. I actually met them in 2001, after researching the Golden Dawn. Israel Regardie, in writing that book, brought forth a great deal of formerly hidden, or Occult knowledge to the Modern World.

There are other voices too. Channeled voices. I know the common thought around here on channeled information, but I can assure you for me it is real. One female, whom I have met, and had first hand experience with, and two males, both blood relatives of mine. Each has their own distinctive voice, and it is east to tell one from the others. They never all talk at once, not yet, anyway.

Before you ask, no, I will not tell you what they say. Think of it as being classified.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Many things happen without thought our digestive systems breathing our hair an nails grow we shed skin cells all without thought or apparent action on our behalf.I like to let the same thing happen with my thought process just go with the flow.I dont have an inner monolouge tend to think in images my own personel dvd player in my head.If I have to work something out I can project scenarios almost like a screen a foot from my eyes .Its hard to explain although Ive met people simmilar before.I suppose I have no use for inner voices as Im not very articulate.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join