It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thread Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
To the people who always say (and I've noticed there are some who frequent this behaviour) "double post" or "thread already started earlier" or "search is your friend" or "you %$?£ I already saw this article earlier... etc.. etc.. etc..

Please.. just stop it, OK? Does it offend you so much to see two of the same thing, that you actually have to go out of your way to offend the author about it? Are your lives really that empty???

Really???????

Understand that just because you've seen something on here twice, that in no way means that every single member has seen it twice. Stop trying to police a supposed conspiracy forum.

That will be all.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This has been posted before, use the search tool.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

Didn't see that one coming, nice name.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yeah I agree, it is kind of rude.
Sometimes people put a lot of work into threads and then the first commenter just says "already posted" or something to that effect.
when I see a duplicate thread I have a quiet grumble to myself but I don't ever feel the need to reply with rudeness.
It puts me off making threads to be honest.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Tell you whats been bugging me..... The Masonic police!

There everywhere! lol

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
But why split a topic, when a more vibrant discussion can be had if all were focussed in one place. I do find it annoying to have two threads on the same thing within a day or so of each other. If its been a few weeks, I won't bother, but the search tool does work. And works well, so its a lame excuse.
Sorry if it offends you so much, but more often than not its for the best of the forum.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy
To the people who always say (and I've noticed there are some who frequent this behaviour) "double post" or "thread already started earlier" or "search is your friend" or "you %$?£ I already saw this article earlier... etc.. etc.. etc..

Please.. just stop it, OK? Does it offend you so much to see two of the same thing, that you actually have to go out of your way to offend the author about it? Are your lives really that empty???

Really???????

Understand that just because you've seen something on here twice, that in no way means that every single member has seen it twice. Stop trying to police a supposed conspiracy forum.

That will be all.

I've considered saying precisely what you just said, but didnt because those who do this wont listen.

IF WE CAN ONLY POST ONCE ABOUT EACH SUBJECT THEN ATS WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS BY TOMORROW.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Because we aren't all in that one place at the same time, therefore a double post actually helps to get more people to research the subject.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeWayz
It puts me off making threads to be honest.

Ditto! That and I'm not very good at writing them

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Double posts are good because not everyone knows the original post exists, and fresh views on something are always good imo.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I personally think that the people who say "Double post, this should result in a 7 day ban" or words of that effect, should actually face a temporary ban themselves for sometimes (not all the time) de-railing threads.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

Totally agree.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Oh yeah.... those guys

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Actually just telling someone there is already a thread on this subject isn't very rude, it all depends on how it's phrased, but sometimes it gets tiresome when there's a lot of threads on the same subject. Sometimes there's other threads i want to check out but too many people are posting several threads on another subject that I want to see and it's getting pushed onto another page. This gets kind of annoying too. Then again it also gets annoying to have one huge long thread to see your post lost in it too.

The thread police I can't stand are the ones who go on telling you to be respectful (because they can't stand that you used the word crap or junk or some such word etc...) or to stay on topic when you are on topic or is legitimate thread drift, and are actually just trolling you to control the discussion just so they can score points and "win" the debate, whatever winning means. People need to learn to let the moderators do their job.

One shouldn't have to worry about the arses who are trying to control the discussion to their favor. A discussion is about the exchange of ideas, and sometimes trying to persuade another person to open up their mind to all possibilities There are a lot of closed minds on both sides of each issue after all.

edit on 24-5-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: fixed spelling

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So then my retort would be, if there are too many threads making it hard for the one you want to find, search is your friend.

edit on 24-5-2012 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Agreed, it's the Mods job to police and control the boards not us simple members. No matter how long they've been here......

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ScorpioRising

Exact-diddly-actly. I'm sure they're paid well enough, and even if not, it was still their choice to become a "mod" in the first place.

Always been more of a rocker myself though.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Searching doesn't always work.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

I see what you're saying about the people who say about being off topic. I've had a lot of very on topic posts removed myself, because, well I suspect the "mods" had a very different point of view on what I was saying. Nothing more than that, a slight disagreement and the illusion of power to remove it was just too overwhelming methinks.
edit on 24-5-2012 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by fairguy

Searching doesn't always work.

And this was my point....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join