It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFO's need lights?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Our aircraft have lights - v.important when flying so other craft can see you in the sky. Also important for landings, so that air traffic control can see you. I imagine whatever planet they were built on has similar reasons for incorporating lights into their crafts ?

Flying in our skies, they would not want to endanger human aircraft so would keep the lights on ?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I think the lights are something to hide behind. And also a kind frequency technology, that affects us.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF LIGHT = THANKS

They do not say 'Hey let's put some lamps on this ship' got danm. so primitive thinking comparing the way we think with the way they think, all things can produce light, vibration at higher frequency (if one has to believe the stories) produce light -

it's like asking, why am I white? Why do I step on the ground and not hover with nothing? ,,

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Assuming the craft is otherwordly, as I think the OP intends, perhaps they're not lights at all.
Perhaps the light that we see is the glow given off from the power of the craft.
Like how heat and light are a result of resistance. The craft glows because it is either making the gas around it super heated into a plasma, or it is just another type of reaction.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Why have lights on UFO's?

For the same reason our terrestrial aircraft have them: visibility and collision-avoidance. My guess is they don't want to be hitting each other, either.

Of course these are primarily for subsonic, or at least suborbital, operations.

Just my opinion as a pilot. Probably worthless, but I'm throwing it out there anyway....

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It could be that they are signalling other UFO's. It could be their means of communication.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The question is rather why do so many people assume every bright light is an extra terrestrial visitation? (I won't use the term 'UFO' because it just means something that has not been identified).
It's beyond boring. Can we please have an alien visit that is NOT a bright light in the sky?
Thank you any aliens reading this.

edit on 16-6-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Surely the answers will be as varied as the explanation for the UFOs. We cant assume all UFOs are explainable by just one explanation.

UFOs could be interdimensional craft, ET craft, man made craft, Plasma critters, and/ or a mixture of all these, so there would be differing reasons for lights depending on which of these turned out to be the explanation for that particular UFO. As no-one has 100% got conclusive proof of what the UFO they saw is, we can't really start analysing the purposes of lights. I suppose it's interesting to theorise though.....

The British MOD did a report called The Condign report years ago that investigated the plasma angle of UFOs and came up with some interesting theories, they concluded that they didn't know if some of the plasma type objects were under intelligent control or not. I think the report also touched on instances where the plasma caused interference with people's brain waves and they had strange experiences. If some or all UFOs were plasma energy or lifeforms, the light is just their 'body' as it were.

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lioninthenorth

sounds like something I would say

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I believe they are either a means of communication (morse) or in the way that we have infra red a drone could be flown using lights

depends how they think really, I mean imagine if you could transfer data, power and sound through light?

that opens up a wealth of options

propulsion mainly i guess, imagine harnessing the light from all of the stars within the galaxy as power to power your ship, i guess that would mean that they have tremendous energy and renewable too

what i dont get is why are they all different shapes, this may suggest different races and some sort of common goal and what is most unfair, is why they dont give us the technology also !! (dammit)

however as much as i believe in ufo and would love to see one, some part of me wonders if its the government, i mean its the perfect plane for spying right?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Actually, if you watch enough UFOs like I do, you'll notice that they often turn off their lights and can switch them on again at will. Most UFOs go unseen and can only be detected in the infrared. One way I know the difference between a UFO and a satellite is that a satellite stays lit across the sky, while a UFO appears in one part of the sky, turns its lights off, continues on, and then switches them back on for some reason. I don't know if there is a pattern, or what they are searching for in the canyons near Provo UT, right now, but they are out almost every night. Saw 2 last night. One, very large, blue, not a meteor zoomed by so fast, I don't know if anyone else caught it, and simultaneously an orange light, too bright to be a satellite passed from west to east. Notably, these sightings did not occur until a supposed psychic "contact" told me they would start appearing there, and I had been going up in that area at night to think for several months without event, and no, I am not hallucinating. Brought my mom with me to one outing and she saw them with me... I also saw one go down over Utah Lake, but it didn't crash, was too large to be a meteor, and if it was a meteor, it was too large to just break up without event, but rather it just passed harmlessly into the earth... makes ya wonder over how smart someone can be if they can create technology that can phase through solid matter, huh?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I think it's used for communication, sort of like Morse code..That's just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In continuation, from my previous post on page 4...the foofighter, on planetary excursion's, needs light [photons] to power the starship for speeds approaching approx. 15,000 mph, for nighttime OP's; or for geographic zones that lack starlight. So fusion plasma generated photons, used as fuel, is the fuel that powers the photon engine. Therefore...that's why they cannot cloak themselves during nightime, unless the other-worlder's want to shut down the fusion photon generator, and travel on inertia, from the previous fusion burn; along with the option of anti-grav capabilities.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 20-8-2012 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsherahoftheSea
reply to post by jude11

Actually, if you watch enough UFOs like I do, you'll notice that they often turn off their lights and can switch them on again at will. Most UFOs go unseen and can only be detected in the infrared. One way I know the difference between a UFO and a satellite is that a satellite stays lit across the sky, while a UFO appears in one part of the sky, turns its lights off, continues on, and then switches them back on for some reason. I don't know if there is a pattern, or what they are searching for in the canyons near Provo UT, right now, but they are out almost every night. Saw 2 last night. One, very large, blue, not a meteor zoomed by so fast, I don't know if anyone else caught it, and simultaneously an orange light, too bright to be a satellite passed from west to east. Notably, these sightings did not occur until a supposed psychic "contact" told me they would start appearing there, and I had been going up in that area at night to think for several months without event, and no, I am not hallucinating. Brought my mom with me to one outing and she saw them with me... I also saw one go down over Utah Lake, but it didn't crash, was too large to be a meteor, and if it was a meteor, it was too large to just break up without event, but rather it just passed harmlessly into the earth... makes ya wonder over how smart someone can be if they can create technology that can phase through solid matter, huh?

Maybe not, "phasing through solid matter," but a UFO landing or submerging, could be a better possibility; methinks. You mentioned a "very large, so fast, blue" object --- which could be a foofighter in its high-power speed phase. The fiery red-orange ball?[with no fiery tail?]... are for much slower speeds and take-off's and landings. Your sightings are similar to my own foofighter sighting, one night, in November 1976; approx. 40 miles west of Washington D.C.

Foofighter's

Cheers,

Erno86

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well if Ufos didn't have lights , they couldnt register their craft at their Dmv.......Im pretty sure your guess is as good as any 'expert' on ATS

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Think of it this way, in the seemingly deadly depths of the ocean,
creatures harness their natural abilities of bioluminescence.
Would it really be hard to believe that a space-dwelling organism, billions of years worth of evolution in the making, randomly finds earth at some point for the evolved monkeys to film with their lens boxes?

Those types of UFOs could be creatures or orbs. I'm not really a believer of UFOs much but that's my theory.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The rythmic changing colours may indicate a field that is rotating, as the field rotates the strength at a given spot changes thus compressing or elongating the wavelength, which appears as different colours to us. The blinking or rotating different colour lights are good clues to what is going on with the field.

The strength of the lights and colour intensity has also been observed to vary with speed of the objects.

Sometimes UFOs have been observed to have a glow around them, again indicating presence of an electrical field.

The lights for communication is interesting, of course they do not neccessarily need to use visible light to do this. They could also modulate a signal into a background light i.e. what looked like random light (noise) to us actually has a signal included.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Maybe they don't care? I wonder if those tribes in the Pacific who saw our aircraft and made effigies to them...wondered why we have lights on our aircraft.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkstar12
[mor

If they didn't care then we could take clear pictures of them, if they do exist as ET type entities. So that is not really a good explanation. Plus it doesn't explain what is the function of the lights?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join