It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFO's need lights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Maybe because we don't fully understand light nor do we fully understand if UFO's are biological, animal or mineral. Are they areas of light, are they areas of pure energy? "Lights" don't give people headaches but high concentrations of energy might. High concentrations of energy blow things up.

The nature of Light has been a dilemma in the world of Science. It is a micro mass particle which is basic to all mass structures of Celestial bodies. Its motion is similar to bound electrons which are expressed as oscillatory.
The cause of motion of light has never been exactly Understood by the Status Quo of Physics. If its an entity it must have volume, and if it bounces it must be a mass structure.

We really don't know what light is. We know it behaves like (meaning we can measure it as) both a quantum and a wave. We also know it is massless in the traditional sense of inertial (baryonic) mass that is affected by its speed.

But, and this is a big BUT, light also has momentum p = mc; where m is a virtual mass that is not affected by its speed (in this case c the speed of light). That is to say, with experimentally observed momentum (photoelectric cell effects), we have to conclude there is some sort of mass even though it is not affected by the Lorentz transformation that changes inertial mass at high speeds.

We can calculate the virtual mass from E = mc^2 = hf; so that m = E/c^2 = hf/c^2 = hc/L//c^2 = h/Lc; where h is Planck's constant, L is wavelength, and c is light speed. From this we see that the virtual mass of light varies with the inverse of light's wavelength. This means higher energy light (shorter wavelength) has greater virtual mass. And from p = mc = h/L it also has higher momentum.

UFO's move pretty fast sometimes. Sometimes they move pretty slow. Perhaps something still needs to move fast even when the "hull" is moving slowly. Perhaps the lights are doing something magical that not even I can comprehend.

Here another thing to consider…

Scientists used pure light to create matter. Usually, it takes extreme amounts of energy to produce solid matter. They did it with ordinary light.

Are the lights pure energy?

That's the question I asked Google to obtain the above quotes.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by markymint
Maybe because we don't fully understand light nor do we fully understand if UFO's are biological, animal or mineral. Are they areas of light, are they areas of pure energy? "Lights" don't give people headaches but high concentrations of energy might. High concentrations of energy blow things up.

Totally off topic... If someone has Lupus, the lights really do give them headaches

edit on 25-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Good point!
Also epilepsy... Could be worth looking into the lupus/epilepsy factor within witnesses who have felt physical affects. But yes, it could also be off-topic

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11 Why do UFO's need lights on their crafts?

Same reason why our aircraft need lights...for navigation purposes. Maybe UFO's were built by humans and so the military installed them in doing so?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Why would they have to be lights?

Who knows what kind of crazy stuff they could have that might just happen to emit light.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
if the ufo has headlights it's probably human. some ufos are light because the voltage coming off the body lights up the air around it

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Why would the need for navigation lights be different for any other entity, assuming they are other than terrestrial?

We use them for collision avoidance, why would that not be a good reason for any airborne object, with definitive traffic in the vicinity, to use that method as well?

The odd piper cub may not pose much of a threat, but to be T-Boned by a commercial airliner might be considered a threat worth trying to avoid.
edit on 25-5-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have asked myself the same question many a time, they dont need lights, unless they are following FAA regulations

Maybe all there doing is looking for takeout?

I' ve seen two anonamly"s in my life and neither had lights, but rather glowed.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I asked myself this question for a long time and the only logical solution I can come up with is...

At a certain point technology will be so advanced where it'll be impossible to send radio frequency signals without it being caught by unwanted listeners... I believe they could use light as "communication" since you require "line of sight" no matter how powerful your receiver is if you don't directly see the light you can't pick it up unlike radio frequency that can go through solid objects.

I believe it would be a good way to "fly under the radar" in enemy territories and still communicate together while in formation and all. You could broadcast a light signal just by modulation just like with frequencies... And a tight formation could fly in enemy lines without the possibility of the enemy eavesdropping on you...

By the time you see them at those speeds its already too late...

Also if they have "automated" docking where they seem to stick together and become one or auto pilot time where one pilot can take control of the other planes by remote control. Using radio frequencies requires major recalibration due to the different atmosphere of different planets slowing down the radio frequency travel...

Imagine 3 of these flying in a very tight formation if those things can go faster or close to the speed of light thats way faster then the speed of radio frequencies... It wouldn't be possible to operate those ufos in close formation... Imagine if one of them decide to take a sharp turn and when he "signal" the other the "signal" doesn't have time to reach the other to tell him to get out the way...

It'd be like being shot by a sniper... you'd get hit before ever even hearing the gun shot...
edit on 25-5-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
The foofighter starship is sometimes encased in a approx. 700 to 1,000 foot diameter ball of reddish-orange ball of fusion plasma; based on my own UFO sighting. This is probably the low power phase that still packs plenty of punch. I saw the bluish-white high power phase [approx. 5,000 mph] of the ---same??? --- foofighter approx. 1 minute before I saw the sunlike foofighter; that was descending approx.30 to 40 mph about 1 mile away.

The foofighter needs the fiery plasma to burn away any trees and brush in the landing zone. The plasma is also used as ammo for the PMEW [plasma mass ejection weapon,] ---based on speculation on my part --- for offensive and defensive OPS.

The plasma encased flying saucer rotates on its axis --- thus creating electrically charged plasma currents between the two magnetic shields. The weapon should work like our Sun does when it spews out a 1 million mph CME [coronal mass ejection] wave.

The plasma currents surrounding the foofighter, will have generated local magnetic field lines, "entangled with plasma in the convection zone, twist and kink and poke thru the surface made visible by the hot, glowing plasma.
When loops cross, they can essentially short-circuit," [when unlike magnetic poles come together,] causing a tremendous plasma belched plasma mass ejection [PME] blob; that can wreck total devastation on any target.

edit on 26-5-2012 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 26-5-2012 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
Why would they have to be lights?

Who knows what kind of crazy stuff they could have that might just happen to emit light.

That's why they keep showing up here, they have to get replacement bulbs and heard that Autozone was the best place to get them

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I would think that if they are , extraterrestrial and are born in the light, light would be the most reliable source to build your empire around, I mean we have eyes and use lights to see in the dark we do that for ages. we use it on our planes , cars bicycles name it... then they probably also have eyes like we do and light will always be a part of them, like it is in our culture here on earth.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

We're no more a beacon in space than mars or mercury, just because we generate energy in the from of light, I doubt it can compare with the reflecting of our sun against our atmosphere. Just look at the picture of earth from the voyager 1 satellite, you'd be lucky to spot it.

Regarding the question you rise... who knows. It's a UFO, who knows what it's up to.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I am answering your thread titles question,I have not
read your opening post.
The UFO's have lights so that the earth creatures can look
up and be entranced by the bright,shining lights.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hello
Purely speculation, but I think there are two plausible explanations.

1) The light they emit is a byproduct of their propulsion systems. Electromagnetic fields, that are sufficiently powerful, can create a visible plasma when interacting with particular molecules.

2) The lights are used as part of a signaling, or communication system. Consider that we have only recently begun to harness the power of light to facilitate communications (eg. lasers, fiber optics). Perhaps the intelligences "at the wheel" make use of light to communicate with one another, or as seen in some videos, coordinate formation.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Still getting some very creative, interesting and plausible answers on this. Thanks to all!

I especially appreciate the answers having to do with communication. This to me is getting close to the answer IMO. The propulsion theory is sound if one ignores the blinking and rotating lights. But hey, what do I know, I'm only human...

Thanks and stars to all.

Peace

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Presuming that there are UFOs not from terrestrial origin, the lights can be a symbol of something, or the lights can be coming from something that protects the UFO from harmful objects, such as debris in space.
edit on 28-5-2012 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I dont think they are lights that are purposely placed there, i think they are probably the by product of a propulsion system or other systems on the craft.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It makes no sense to have lights

It's possible they aren't lights at all, but portholes displaying an illuminated area within.
edit on 28-5-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In the future it could be that light is determined by vibrations and frequencies. Some of the "lights" are likely patterns formed by the vibration or propulsion system emitting some kind of visible field. Also, it seems that beams are another means of manipulation or data gathering of the surrounding terrain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join