It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do UFO's need lights?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by jude11

Just because we can't identify them doesn't mean they can go around breaking the laws we have set up for aviation.

Driving with no lights is one of the sure signs of a drunk driver ?

Well, we all know law enforcement picks and chooses to whom it will enforce said laws.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I remember reading a similar question a couple of years ago. My theory is that parts or all of the craft are biological and utilizing some form of bioluminescence. I highly doubt that they are headlights, I dont think they would be effective in 7th gear.....

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think they are either part of the propulsion or stabilization systems, as sometimes the lights are all enveloping

This is a pick I took of a craft (1 of 4) just before it landed near my home very close to my house

Just before it came down on an island just half mile from my home, lights above are street lights on the opposite shore

now it has landed again, the lights above are street lights on the opposite shore

here is an enhanced pic of the craft when it landed

I watched this particular craft for over 1 hour, looking down at it from various positions around my home, wish I was a bit better at photography and at the time did not own a video or tripod, the whole time i watched there were huge blinding pulses of light every 5 seconds (changing colour with each flash) been wanting to see this again ever since, it took place Oct 2010 landimore, Gower, Wales. SA3 1HD checkout the location on google earth,

There is lots more to this story but don't have the will power to keep telling what happened, only for people who know nothing to try and cry fake - I no it's true that's now enough for me, and I see there is another thread on disclosure on the site today, well I don't need governments to tell me this is happening I saw it with my own eyes and I had over an hour to evaluate and observe it, and guess what, this is happening people and the pics above are my contribution to the truth.

You can believe what you want I know most people won't believe until they see it for themselves and I respect that, just don't shoot the messenger when some of us have something real to tell.
edit on 25-5-2012 by bsalert because: added extra text

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm going to side with ThePeopleParty on this one - the lights may be purely incidental as a result of propulsion or other processes taking place in these craft or entities (whatever they might in fact be) that any possible occupants might not even be aware or, or may not be aware is visible to us - naive, I know, but possible.

When you think about it, humans can only see...what, about 1% of the EM spectrum? Think about what all we and our various craft might look like or may be putting out when viewed through various sorts of filters to show different wavelengths, different type of energy output, and so on.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Great question.
Perhaps it is a restriction included as part of their agreement with our government; i.e. "ALL extraterrestrial vehicles must have lights prominently dislayed at all times."

It might also constitute a pre-arranged 'friend or foe' designation when operating in international or national airspace. Maybe the 'unilluminated' craft are the ones we really need to be concerned about.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
...imagine that at some point in the past we shot down a craft or two, which resulted in some altercation.
The lights could be the result of a meeting between aliens and goverment to avoid it happening again.
Essentially, they MUST make their presence and or intentions known to the government, or risked being shot down.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Here´s a good reason why there are lights on a UFO:

from SoulHonky

-Early on in Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Jeremy Renner's character questions what Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt was thinking when he lit a flare under water, put it under a dead body, and floated the body off to distract the shooters. In what should have been a throwaway line but became a two minute conversation, Renner wonders why Cruise would ever think something like that would work. Why would anyone ever light a flare underwater when they were trying to get away from multiple gunmen spraying the river with bullets? What did ol' Ethan Hunt think that the shooters were thinking? Hunt's response was something to the effect of "I didn't assume they were thinking."-

Perhaps the lights are not the thing we should look at.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I Agree beleive there is life out there somewhere but ufo are black government craft the best deception of all time jesus and aliens. CONTOL the masses like sheep.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
hey guys,its just the aliens pimpin their rides!!!
why do humans go nutty with all the add ons for their vehicles? why do we need monster trucks?
showin off the bling baby!!!

they probably have dingle balls hangin from their windshield!!! imagine their sound system!!!

scotty from star trek (R.I.P.) was always soupin up the enterprise!!!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well, in response to the OP, all the UFOs I've ever seen seemed to actually emit light - like a star, and didn't have lights attached to them like terrestrial aircraft does.
The only objects I've ever seen that have lights attached to them are planes and helicopters.

Maybe light is just one of the essential ingredients to make a "UFO".
edit on 25-5-2012 by dJbdJb because: typo

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Maybe they are not lights but we pick up the energy it is giving off as those colours? Or is that against physics or something?

I agree with this.

And would like to add: The above is most likely correct in some cases, ya know, when they aren't just completely invisible to the naked eye.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I found this a while ago and found it to be an interesting piece of work , its a summery of what we think we know about UFOs and it has a section that addresses the question raised by the OP .

As suggested in the previous sections on UFO Radiation and Propulsion and the featured photographic cases on the right column, many of the UFO "lights" are thought to be luminous ionization of air, resulting from energetic EM radiation emitted by the UFOs in relation with the UFO gravity-like force fields (used for airflow-control, propulsion etc). The overall shape of UFO luminosity depends on the shape of the UFO and its current operating condition and maneuver, so a UFO's outline as seen by external observer can change (e.g. a disk at night may appear as a luminous icecream-cone, teardrop, oval or sphere). UFO glow can vary from faint ("like phosphorescence"), to soft ("like a neon light"), to intense ("like huge car headlights"), to extremely bright ("like welder's arc").
www.hyper.net...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Obviously an OSHA requirement....
Duh.

Or, maybe they are there so that less advanced craft don't smash into them when they stop for the occasional abduction...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Based on my own night time sighting of an other-worlder starship, and other peoples UFO sighting's as well, has given me time to speculate as to why the alien starship's are lit-up at night.

There is no fuel capable of super luminal lightspeeds other than photon's. A starship is incapable of storing all the fuel needed for an interstellar journey. Photons do have mass --- so when they are ejected from a starship, they create thrust to propel the starship; all the way up to light speed and beyond into the super-luminal realm.

At this moment... I will not talk about the complexities of the photon engine, other than it has a strong gravitational pull, that sucks in photons and expells them out of the thruster with tremendous force.

In outer-space.... the starship merely points the photon receptor on a distant star that sucks in the photons. On daylight ops on world's that are bathed in starlight, there is plenty of photon fuel for the starship to go around.

Night time... on planets that have little or no starlight: The starship needs to create its own photons to fuel the photon engine. The fuel will be common seawater. The seawater will have to be stored on the starship in tanks. A little seawater goes a long way in powering the starship.

The flying saucer will have two magnetic shield fields created by the gravitation of the photon engine.The outer shield for protection of any incoming attack on the starship itself, and to contain the lighted electrically charged fusion plasma that also creates its own magnetic field. The inner shield is used to protect the starship from the plasma; and to be the barrier that the outer magnetic shield presses the injected seawater against the inner shield with extreme pressure till the fusion reaction occurs. The photons are funneled into the photon receptor of the starship.

Basically... there will be two lighted power phases of the starship during nightime --- The bluish-white high power plasma color--- for incredible speeds, and the reddish-orange plasma phase for low-speed velocity's, take-off and landing's and the use of the reddish-orange plasma for offensive or defensive operations.

Cheers,

Erno86
edit on 25-5-2012 by Erno86 because: added a couple of words

edit on 25-5-2012 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by big_BHOY
Doubt there is anything here that hasn't been said numerous times before (all found in less than a couple of mins):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

yeah, but some of us are fairly recent and weren't around back then...and ATS is a big place for a beginner and it takes a week or two to learn about the search feature, then we don't always check it if there's nothing listed on the first couple pages in the forum.... It never hurts to revisit a topic after a year has passed...or even a few monts in some cases to get new perspectives that may not have been here to participate the first time around

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Cars have headlights so we can see at night. Planes and helicopters have lights so they can see at night ...all these modes of transportation also have lights so they can be seen by others and not rammed into.
What are the chances the aliens aren't here just to view what we, a primative species compared to them may be doing, what if they actually are living up to what we say we want to do and ....oh....exploring the galaxy, looking for intelligent life... wouldn't they want to be able to SEE that life when they were out and about? They're aliens (if they exist) , not cavemen and if they're out flying spaceships around, they probably want to see what's going on around them instead of flying blind in the dark.
We sometimes theorize they see different bands of the electromagnetic spectrum, but maybe they don't. Heck, maybe they're identical to us only more technologically advanced. We'd want lights, we use lights, why can't they?

sometimes the most obvious solution really is the right one
edit on 25-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Who said they did?

Who's to say they are lights?

Simple questions my friend, simple questions.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Who said they did?

Who's to say they are lights?

Simple questions my friend, simple questions.

Sometimes simple questions are best answered with simple answers

Again... the better to see you with my dear

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
I found this a while ago and found it to be an interesting piece of work , its a summery of what we think we know about UFOs and it has a section that addresses the question raised by the OP .

As suggested in the previous sections on UFO Radiation and Propulsion and the featured photographic cases on the right column, many of the UFO "lights" are thought to be luminous ionization of air, resulting from energetic EM radiation emitted by the UFOs in relation with the UFO gravity-like force fields (used for airflow-control, propulsion etc). The overall shape of UFO luminosity depends on the shape of the UFO and its current operating condition and maneuver, so a UFO's outline as seen by external observer can change (e.g. a disk at night may appear as a luminous icecream-cone, teardrop, oval or sphere). UFO glow can vary from faint ("like phosphorescence"), to soft ("like a neon light"), to intense ("like huge car headlights"), to extremely bright ("like welder's arc").
www.hyper.net...

Great post mate and there are some other links here about the subject of UFOs changing colour during acceleration with a case example from the Palmar dam, Uruguay, 1986.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join