It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Spending Binge Never Happened - Wall Street Journal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Beanskinner

Ann Coulter has written about this distraction at the Daily Caller.

- Number Don't Lie But Democrats Do -

This bogus story came from Media Matters.

They spoon fed it to MSNBC.

This is a great example of - drive by media -.

They throw out all this garbage and then leave it to us to clean up the mess with

honest charts.

Distract - Deflect - Divide

It's the Obama Triple D Plan of 2012.

- Truth Revealed - It's very funny

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beanskinner
This economy is great shape when you consider what happened...

I was with you right up until that statement. There are lots of words I would use to describe the economy, but "great" is not one of them. What happened was not just the result of the past 4, 8, or 12 years. Thanks to Bush, Obama, heck all of them back to Woodrow Wilson, we have been recklessly heading toward a cliff, all carefully planned by the Federal Reserve.

We no longer have a manufacturing capability in the U.S., we are crippling our businesses through regulation and taxes, squandering our resources both domestically and fighting senseless wars overseas, and yet we are trying to spend our way to prosperity. Our government is too big. It no longer works.

I don't believe four more years of Obama will help, nor do I think Romney would make any difference.
edit on 5/24/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

I was with you right up until that statement. There are lots of words I would use to describe the economy, but "great" is not one of them. What happened was not just the result of the past 4, 8, or 12 years. Thanks to Bush, Obama, heck all of them back to Woodrow Wilson, we have been recklessly heading toward a cliff, all carefully planned by the Federal Reserve.

We no longer have a manufacturing capability in the U.S., we are crippling our businesses through regulation and taxes, squandering our resources both domestically and fighting senseless wars overseas, and yet we are trying to spend our way to prosperity. Our government is too big. It no longer works.

I don't believe four more years of Obama will help, nor do I think Romney would make any difference.

The best part of the Ann Coulter analysis:

Spending Binge Never Happened?

The upside down thinking and calculations throw the Obama Stimulus Plan in the Bush

column!

You know, the $825 Billion Stimulus Bill, proposed, lobbied for, signed AND spent

by Obama goes in the Bush column!!!

This is like a Saturday Night Live skit !

Did they actually think they would get away with this garbage?

--------
The most recent Jobs Growth Chart must be coming out soon.

Don't look at it. Look at this bogus fairy tale constructed at Media Matters instead.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by BritofTexas

He blew it on wonderful solutions like Solyndra. - bankrupt scandal -

We need private sector solutions.

I must have missed the bit where Solyndra was government owned. I always thought Solyndra WAS part of the private sector?

Solyndra was a green energy boondoggle that was doomed to fail.

A good private sector solution would be Facebook.

- No government funding required -

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Beanskinner

Obama decided not to reform the big three while in office.

Social Security - Medicare - Medicaid

Hey silly rabbit...reality disagrees with you. Pres. Obama is the only one who did reform Medicare and Medicaid...both through fraud enforcement...

Obama announces crack down on Medicare and Medicaid fraud
www.politico.com...

Record-breaking Medicare fraud case includes 10 arrests in Tampa area
www.tampabay.com...

As well as actual REFORM...of Medicare and Medicaid through the HealthCare reform law...Obama is the only one that has passed reforms to medicare and medicaid.

Of course those reforms aren't of the GOP flavor..."let them die"

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

You know, the $825 Billion Stimulus Bill, proposed, lobbied for, signed AND spent

by Obama goes in the Bush column!!!

This is like a Saturday Night Live skit !

Did they actually think they would get away with this garbage?

It's only page 3...did you already forget Coulter's lie was debunked on page 1?

Coulter goes even further (of course). “It turns out Rex Nutting, author of the phony Marketwatch chart, attributes all spending during Obama’s entire first year, up to Oct. 1, to President Bush.” (The italics are in the original; they’re where the good writing is supposed to be.) She continues: “That means, for example, the $825 billion stimulus bill, proposed, lobbied for, signed and spent by Obama, goes in … Bush’s column.”

Shockingly, Coulter is … wrong. First of all, only about $120 billion of the stimulus was spent in fiscal year 2009 – and Nutting counted it in Obama’s column. He also included new funds appropriated under Obama and the Democratic congressional majority for the child health insurance program and other projects. And it says so quite clearly on the nifty chart Coulter finds fault with: $140 billion spent in the 2009 budget year is plainly attributed to Obama. It also says so in the text of the story, for people who don’t read charts.

“I attributed all the new spending I could find to Obama,” Nutting told me in an email.

www.salon.com...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

You do realize that charts as a percent of GDP are cherry picking to the nth degree...I'll give you a hint...GDP fell off a cliff during the worst economic crises since the great depression...so

Spending as a percent of GDP...$1 spent/$1 gdp equals ..$1 in spending as a percent GDP.

That exact same spending $1 spent/.5 gdp equals...$2 in spending as a percent of gdp

Same spending...falling GDP...and that is why you will always see the conservatives tout charts with spending as a percentage of GDP.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I must have missed the bit where Solyndra was government owned. I always thought Solyndra WAS part of the private sector?

Solyndra was a green energy boondoggle that was doomed to fail.

A good private sector solution would be Facebook.

- No government funding required -

Is Facebook going to hire all the unemployed?

P.S. It seems Facebook and their underwriters are being sued for fraud over misrepresenting its value.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

We no longer have a manufacturing capability in the U.S., we are crippling our businesses through regulation and taxes,

Manufacturing is suffering...and has been suffering due to two forces...(1) Cheap Labor in Mexico and abroad and (2) Automation/robotics do the work of thousands...and anyone in the Manufacturing sector will tell you the same, regulations aren't the problem.

That said, President Obama is doing more for manufacturing than any Potus has done in decades..
Surprise! American manufacturing is rebounding

Since early 2010, they have created 489,000 jobs and are struggling to fill nearly a quarter million more. Their output last year topped $1.84 trillion, 8% higher than the pre-recession peak.

www.usatoday.com...

Notice these are NUMBERS and FACTS from the Manufacturing sector....and actual news articles...not from Fox News or MSNBC..

My OP article was from the Conservative Wall Street Journal!

Not Fox News..or Obama for America....

This is where reality makes idealogues uncomfortable..
edit on 24-5-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Solyndra got massive loans guaranteed by the government.

Then they went bankrupt.

The taxpayers lost big money.

The Solyndra loan controversy is a political controversy involving U.S. President Barack Obama's administration's authorization of a $535 million loan guarantee to Solyndra Corporation in 2009 as part of a program to spur alternative energy growth.[1][2] Solyndra and the White House had originally estimated that this government guarantee of Solyndra's financing would help to create 4,000 new jobs.[1] In early September 2011 the company ceased all business activity, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and laid off nearly all of its employees.[3][4]

Critics claimed that the Obama administration had unduly influenced awarding the loan guarantee.[5][6] Others have noted that the Solyndra loan guarantee process was a multi-year process begun during the George W. Bush Administration.[7][8]

Solyndra loan controversy

The whole deal was sponsored by Corruption Incorporated

Related Threads:

Abound Solar (an Obama $400 million federal loan recipient) Lays off 300 Employees

Subsidized, Bankrupt Solyndra Managers Got $368,500 in Court-Ordered Bonuses

Solyndra Not Dealing With Toxic Waste At Milpitas Facility

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'll ask once...please don't derail the thread...Solyndra is not the topic, plenty of threads about that.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The operative is the consideration.

I flew on three planes yesterday, all of them were FULL.

I think we forget what being destitute means... I have yet to stand in a soup line.

While my relatives did so regularly in the 30's

If you are interested in economics, you will see that spending during bad times is positive

simply because it off sets the money that has gone out of circulation. I was surprised to

read that Milton Friedman even advocated the practice.

I think we would be wise to cut the spending when there isn't a lack of money going around.

We should have been addressing this when the economy was doing well...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Solyndra got massive loans guaranteed by the government.

Then they went bankrupt.

The taxpayers lost big money.

The Solyndra loan controversy is a political controversy involving U.S. President Barack Obama's administration's authorization of a $535 million loan guarantee to Solyndra Corporation in 2009 as part of a program to spur alternative energy growth.[1][2] Solyndra and the White House had originally estimated that this government guarantee of Solyndra's financing would help to create 4,000 new jobs.[1] In early September 2011 the company ceased all business activity, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, and laid off nearly all of its employees.[3][4]

Critics claimed that the Obama administration had unduly influenced awarding the loan guarantee.[5][6] Others have noted that the Solyndra loan guarantee process was a multi-year process begun during the George W. Bush Administration.[7][8]

Solyndra loan controversy

The whole deal was sponsored by Corruption Incorporated