It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Asked to Remove Headscarf in NJ Mall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
the woman said he went into her face and "made a motion like he was going to take off her veil."
and that she felt scared and unsafe.

okay, who is to say what he really meant by that motion?
and she felt scared and unsafe?
I wonder how many people SHE made feel scared and unsafe.

I'm sorry, but if that's her defense, that she "felt scared and unsafe" then deal with it. she probably made many others feel uncomfortable.

I'm not trying to be some racist arab hater, I just think it's a lousy statement.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Wait wait wait....so the ATS crowd is against Canada making it against the law for protestors to wear masks.

Yet a lot of you are for making Muslim women take off their headscarf and other attire?

One is for cowards to hide from their actions...protestors..the other is part of religious freedom that is so valued in North America( or is...well depends on who you are I guess to ignorant racist fools) ...Muslim woman.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
reply to post by PsykoOps

It not like Burger King "Have it your way". Not when its a matter of safety for the public and sometimes the wear-er-person themselves.

Elizabeth Smart was kidnapped and hidden in plain sight of people with a scarf covering her face, who could have rescued her. And thats just one example of not knowing whats behind it.

Your argument is rapidly dwindling into ignorant islamaphobic bigotry. People can place explosive devices in diaper bags, purses, wear vests underneath large shirts and jackets, so this "safety concern" is just profiling. Any smart "terrorist" with a terror plan would likely not dress so as to say "HEY LOOK, I'M MUSLIM!" People have been conditioned into FEAR, and they like to take away the rights of others while keeping their own.

We should then search everyone who appears to be of Islamic/Arabic/Persian origin who enters a place, instead of singling out only those wearing burqas (argumentative point, not my opinion).

___

And to the poster who mentioned about police searching arrestees, i suppose we should search everyone, because you never know who is who. The woman could be a man and those "breasts" could be explosive chemicals.

Get real, people. This is America. And your sorry and failed logical reasoning is quite sad.
edit on 24-5-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Good. If we went to her country, we would have to abide by their ways. Theyre here...so abide by ours.

Our ways being freedom of religion, freedom of self-expression... etc?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I wonder if they would tell nuns to remove their religious uniforms too?
Hey, I don't like it when people ski and cover up their faces. Or Halloween with all those masks.

I don't like kids playing hockey because they need goalies with hockey masks.

I don't like winter because it makes people look like warm terrorists......

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wevebeenassimilated
reply to post by jjkenobi

I can tell it's a woman and I have seen kids (teens) in the mall with ski masks and theater masks on -- and not at Halloween either ... just goofing off, and security nowhere to be seen.

They would have never gotten away with that in any of the malls in NJ Just saying and none down here. I know a guy who wore a Jason Mask and had gone into the mall and giving hugs to people and he was told to remove the mask or leave, this is in florida. You simply cannot enter a retail business with facial covering and especially not a liquor store so where ever they got away with doing this I hope I never find myself in that mall and then something really does go down...you know there are banks in malls, right?
edit on 24-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: sp

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I`m all for her freedom to wear what she wants.
I`m also all for hanging her out to dry if there was say a robbery and she fits the description wearing face coverings to hide your identity.

I`m not supposed/allowed to wear a ball cap, or sunglasses into the bank and don`t find it offensive as to why.

So hiding your identity (face) should not be allowed in public areas. Just imagine the work a police artist sketch has in making up the wanted poster if this lady pulled something off.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Yes, wasn't there a thread last summer from Florida where a kid was arrested for walking down the street in a Halloween Mask? Tampa or Miami I think. There is an obscure law here that faces cannot be covered in public.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Yep I think it was Tampa where that kid was aressted, and NJ has the same obscure laws about hiding facial identification. I don't condone how the officer handled it. But, I know for a fact because I grew up in NJ any retail establishment would ask them to remove their face covering regardless of religion or not.(and yes my mall kicked out anybody who wore sagging jeans as well) Somethin about the no shoes/shirt etc no service policy, so underwear showing constituted as no pants or partial pants whatever. I even was asked here in Fl at a radiant to remove my hood in a retail establishment down here (My hair was hideous, first thing in the morning, lol) but I had to comply or leave.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

REALLY?

Have you ever being into a Muslim country? What is HER country? Clearly says that she was born in the US!!

American fat women in tank tops and shorts in Dubai Mall, what a disgusting sight. No one says anything. Not even in Saudi Arabia (in the cities) you will need to wear a scarf.

Talk when you know actually about what you are talking about. Being to 4 Muslim countries and I am brown, look Arab, so they might even think I am a Muslim and don't even bother me!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

seriously what a stupid reply; "GOOD"

and the other idiots staring your comment

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wevebeenassimilated

The problem is taht people dont actually know that this is CULTURAL thing not a RELIGION thing. So some men might do ask their women to wear it but THE MAJORITY wear it because it is CULTURAL thing. Their Mom wore it, their grandmother and so on.

Sometimes people, get even more Folkloric, Nationalistic or whatever... when they immigrate because it makes them feel SECURE.
I can say this because it happened to ME

I dont think that people realise how much of a problem is culture of other nations is for native-(insert here country) and they stick to it. Probably the hijab is very uncommon in USA. With so many Muslim immigrates in FRance there was only about less than 5000 women that wore the hijab in France and still got banned.

if it is such a problem for you then why dont you make a petition? I do agree people need to adapt but also with teh worl how it is, so mixed and scrambled, would it be a good idea to adapt to other countries? You get coffee from Ethiopia, tea from India, your clothes from people in Bangladesh, your electrodomestics from China and you STILL moan about other cultures?

You either get a petition to ban all immigrant stuff from your countries or blow the surrounded area of your country and gravitate as one planet in an orbit around Earth.

the whole immigrant thing is getting out of hand. Do you any read Dailymail and the scum who write there? Its truly disturbing. I feel quite insecure in the UK being an immigrant.. just because I look too different. MY Swedish friends don't seem to have the same problem.

People need to really start thinking OUTSIDE the box instead of labelling people and being so ridiculous about immigrants in their country, its quite sickening. There is immigration EVERYWHERE, deal with it. Didnt you want globalisation and Bangladeshi kids making your GAP clothes? or you really nice and cheap Walmart stuff?

There you go.

edit on 24-5-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! people are so caught up in their political correctness that they fail to sit and think twice what is going behind the so call promotion of personal religious believes people tend to be soo dumb sometimes in their own convictions that they don't want to see that if a person runs away from their own countries believes and religious dogma because they want freedom why they move to a country that is opposed to that dogma and try to keep the same oppressed rules that they flee from.

Is very simple, like you say and I try to explain, "think people, think" is not about running away from their oppressed relgious believes but to bring into those countries that promote freedom their own oppression to challenge the host country laws

People will never learn, no matter how many times you try to explain to them the realities of the scam call "freedoms" is nothing but a hoax and a joke.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

Didnt you want globalisation and Bangladeshi kids making your GAP clothes?
NO and,

or you really nice and cheap Walmart stuff?
NO...but then again nobody asked me.
Laws are laws and everyone must follow them; in the states, there are some different laws that aren't Federal, you still need to follow them (Or submit a letter to your governor requesting them be amended) But until that time they must be followed...ignorance of the law is no excuse (Just ask any officer). If I went to a Muslim country and they had a law against spitting on the sidewalk and I did it, I would have to pay, regardless whether I knew the law existed or not. Just sayin'.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That makes the whole issue of the veil more stupid and moronic, don't you think? why do you want to promote and follow the same views of oppression that many Islam followers ran from their own country with the danger of been killed looking for better way of life and freedom.

Because is nothing but a joke, if the women is actually an American citizens born in the US she is nothing but the biggest joke in the nation right now to my views.

She is either a hoax or just pushing a personal agenda.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I make applications for people to apply for Visas and they ask for two passport photos where there is any coverage of the face or head or ears WITH THE EXCEPTION of coverage of head because of religion beliefs.

Is the law like this? Might be good to actual look for the law yo are talking about.

You may not have wanted any but you still enjoy this lifestyle, don't you?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

because she is wearing a hijab she is a hoax or have a personal agenda?

Haven't yo read news? There are A LOT of Muslims in the world, whether you like it or not.

Jesus man, some people are quite intolerant.

No offense to some good Americans ("United Statians" as I call) No wonder why some people think Americans are quite ignorant.

For this person, please stay in your country or go only to resorts where people get paid quite low but good enough to cope with this kind of people.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

I make applications for people to apply for Visas and they ask for two passport photos where there is any coverage of the face or head or ears WITH THE EXCEPTION of coverage of head because of religion beliefs.

Is the law like this? Might be good to actual look for the law yo are talking about.

You may not have wanted any but you still enjoy this lifestyle, don't you?

In Florida the law states : "One is not allowed to wear anything obscuring the identity thereof of the person"
NJ is similar with nothing mentioned about headgear (though I know menonites can wear their hats but they don't obstruct the view of their face)
I lived in both states. I could not wear my sunglasses outside at high noon in summer when the prsident rolled down our main street in our town in NJ. I was told to remove them. So no there are no exceptions to obscuring your face in public in these two states and I've not seen int in either state NJ or FL any muslims wearing those things in public. I've seen in PA because they do not have this law.

She also was born here so she should know the laws pretty well.
edit on 24-5-2012 by ldyserenity because: fix sentence and add

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

The US-born Salaam

I guess this is her country.
So??????????? yeah

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
People don't get it.
It's a mall they have the right to tell her to remove it or leave.
She is upset because she felt he was going to remove it for her, which he has no right to do.

ETA: its not about NJ its about a privately owned mall
edit on 5/24/2012 by GunzCoty because: ETA

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join