It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Woman Asked to Remove Headscarf in NJ Mall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
You can practice religion, but when i see this i see domination of women, and as well as security threat.

Oh really domination of women? If a nun were to walk into that mall would they be forced to remove part of their garments as well? Because their religion is dominating them as well.

I always laugh when I hear security threat. People that say this has already let the terrorist win.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

tribes in the jungle would want you to walk a round naked with a hollow goard on your penis...

I dont defend stupidity in any of its forms just because a bunch of morons have taken over a nation with it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

At least they can all agree it is always the men's fault.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

of course it is a concern. It is your perception of "worse/st" and everyone judges by their own condition. So yes, but it is not veyr ncie when people moan about it without looking around.
I moan and I live now in the "1st world country" (a title Im not very convinced yet) because life here is hard in other ways, people dotn know neighbours, there is no sense of community, etc etc and on top of that, there is a bombardment with news, chaotic scenes, the so called prophecies of economical/political collapse. hey man, Europe is going really bad. Domino Effect with Greece coming soon.

and the reason it is not as good as it could be, is because too many people are in too many other people's business, and too many people think they should dictate how other people act!

I agree

I guys, Im sorry btu I dont think you can do anything about it because the control over people is so grand and intense, and solid that it would not be possible.
You will literally need so many people. I tell you because I know about demostrations. To tell you the truth, the 99% campaign is not even the shadow of what it has been done against Chavez and look we are still are in the same hole. At leats you guys have a better circus play of a "democracy" so things wont go so far just because many other countries, who have invested in the US will lose a lot of business. Its all money.
But dont dream that you will be freer. Not in the US or Europe.

People may think about teh rest of teh world as archaic but it is actually not has bad and as backwards as you may all think it is.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

its a good example. It makes you think on teh other perspective and this IS how teh majority of Muslims women think. They are very odl fashioned at least with this kind of stuff. but are incredibly open about toher stuff like being naked infront of other women while drinking coffee (well odd) and sharing the most amazing ways of how to get your man... good on bed! Seriously, its cultural.

Who is sayign this? Someone who ahs many Muslims friends and is married to one.
I am nt opressed FYI.

People really ignored me here because of this. I bet if I was saying "OMG my hsuband beets me up and he is Muslim" I bet I would have a very long thread and many responses. But unfortunately to many I dont fit your expectation and criteria.
edit on 24-5-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
private property

take it off or go back

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
When we start making one religious practice change according to "safety" or "security" we are stripping freedoms from ALL religious practices.

A burka today.
A nun's habit tomorrow. (nod to the above poster)

If we are going to stand up on the worlds stage and talk about America being the land of the free, lets make sure we mean it and not just make mouth-sounds.

Everyone knows I'm no muslim apologist. I'm solidly against any religion ecroaching on anothers freedom. But they and everyone else should be allowed to worship how they choose.

Excuse the wee rant.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.

Tolerance is needed in love.

so in a way you are anotehr human. Anotehr hypocrite who posts really pretty stuff but dont follow. Hey man, I am human too and a hypocrite probably

Gotta love ATS!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

I guys, Im sorry btu I dont think you can do anything about it because the control over people is so grand and intense, and solid that it would not be possible.

There is nothing we can do about it that is easy. All the solutions require considerable sacrifice and risk. At this current moment, as disgusted as I am, I am also too comfortable to do anything significant about it. Things will have to get quite a bit worse before they get better, and once they get worse, we'll have to be willing to give up everything we have in the name of liberty and morality and integrity. I don't know very many people with ideals that strong these days.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Beezer!

I am veyr glad you said this.

and of course you should not be sympathetic to people who do wrong or implais extremism but unfortunately, tehre will always be extremists, there will always be stupid people, there will always be ignorants.

people can only judge by their perspective/condition.

I understand why some people may hate Muslims because they actually met a nasty Muslim who traied to do harm (on the name of their religion)

But people that judges/hate Muslims because they read something or saw something on TV is very lame. But hey, I did say stupid people will always exist.

I cant talk about Mormons for example because I have never talk with a Mormon and therefore I dont have an opinion. I may have read (even on ATS) things about Mormons but I take it as a pinch of salt.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You just said it, you are too comfortable about it and that IS EXACTLY what they want. Oblivion! and that is exactly what is happening to everyone in the world not just to the US.

Brave New World man!

I wouldn't even worry about how worse or better they can be, just enjoy the ride! (I am saying this more to myself than to you because I do get firy with this topics and I do get quite down with the situation in the world)
I do want to get all my things and go to India or Morocco where it is very easy to escape madness with madness (nice madness though)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved.

Tolerance is needed in love.

so in a way you are anotehr human. Anotehr hypocrite who posts really pretty stuff but dont follow. Hey man, I am human too and a hypocrite probably

Gotta love ATS!

I love the ones around me

my life's purpose is fulfilled, thank you for your concern

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

there is a lot of more people than just those that are around you.

and those count too!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
and it's probably perfectly find to dress like a slut there

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Good. If we went to her country, we would have to abide by their ways. Theyre here...so abide by ours.

BS! Your wife wouldn't have to wear a veil there, so why should that muslim woman remove hers in your mall?

Due to the increase of security since 9/11, she should have known better being as it stated she was born here. There are also places that don't allow hoodies up when entering a store.

How on earth can any one identify her if they had to? You can't......

Last year a GA. woman was refused a drivers licence due to the same head wear. No point in issuing an I.D. if you can't see their identity.

Common sense people. Regardless of their culture in this day and age, if your face is hidden from view, you might get asked to either remove it or leave the premises.

Also, for some people, not all, that does make a lot of regular people very uncomfortable.

And Malls do have tight security.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The topic title is wrong; this woman was not wearing a 'head scarf'
So I guess it should be fine to walk around the malls/banks etc. with a hoodie and mask on. That is what this woman, in essence was doing so making her remove the face cover isn't about religion but logic.

I'm not catholic by a long shot but can tell, nun's faces are not covered.
edit on 24-5-2012 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2012 by AmericanDaughter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
and it's probably perfectly find to dress like a slut there

Where is "there"?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
One the one hand don't think they should be told what to wear or be told to take it off if it is by their choice

Now on the other hand I would be thankful of someone made Hilary Clinton wear a burka.

Sorry being honest.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Queen Elizabeth II wore a scarf when visited Saudi Arabia. Even though I am not fond in royalty, this is a good gesture of respect

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join