It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electricity generated from water: BlackLight Power announces validation of its scientific breakthrou

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
reply to post by boncho

An idea like this, which seems to have limited profitability (because you can't patent water). Probably will be bought and buried.

Yes, thank god no one is making money on water! Imagine the horror!

GENEVA -- Nestle SA, the world's biggest food and drinks maker, managed to brush aside the impact of a soaring domestic currency to post a solid increase in profits in 2011 as sales rose strongly, particularly in developing countries.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
reply to post by boncho

Boncho you cad, I didn't know you were a troll and cointel. You really should have a warning or a sign in your signature to let people know these things.

I already gave a disclaimer.

Originally posted by boncho

Here you go.

I am a disinfo agent.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme

While this was all going down however, there have been a number of scientists that looks at mills work, and ... found nothing of interest. Not because it went against the mainstream but because it didn't make sense ...

I have no opinion on Mills. Though I would like to point out a curious dilemma I often run up against when engaging in technical conversations. More often than not this occurs when doing something like a code review. I can write efficient functional code (e.g. using C# reflection and an IL emitter) that doesn't make sense to your average run of the mill programmer. Without fail, if a regular coder who only has limited experience tries to review the code they'll bemoan how it's "needlessly complex and confusing." Does that mean it's wrong? Nope. It means that (maybe) it could be written cleaner. However in some instances, with, for example, policy classes, there is no way to make it simpler. I see a fundamental problem with scientific and engineering peer review, in that we expect breakthroughs for complex problems to come packaged using linguistic models that are easy and already well understood. I'm pretty sure whatever physics breakthrough we next discover is going to be a bit like Newtonian mechanics, and will likely require a new type of linguistic tool or math (i.e. calculus or whatever the future equivalent will be) to take us forward.

Mills is not a physicist, he is an MD.

He is not even in the engineering or physics field (although he did study biotechnology and electrical engineering briefly at MIT), yet he claims to have rewritten our understanding of quantum mechanics. It's kind of like someone playing call of duty once and telling you they know more because they thought a player should be able to jump higher in the game.

Regardless, people will say that it's just a big plot to silence him and all the free energy around us, yet you have to also look at who gave him the money in the first place:

BlackLight Power Inc. has raised more than $25 million from about 150 investors. Prominent among them are multibillion-dollar electric utilities PacifiCorp, based in Oregon, and Conectiv, which serves Mid-Atlantic states. RS Funds, Eastbourne Capital Management, and executives retired from the top echelon of Morgan Stanley have also put in millions. With Mills holding on to controlling shares, BlackLight Power now is turning away private investors.
edit on 24-5-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

1.5 kW for a lightbulb?

You use stadium lights in your house? O_o

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by boncho

1.5 kW for a lightbulb?

You use stadium lights in your house? O_o

100 watts by the end of this year.

A 100 W unit is planned for completion by the end of 2012, and a 1.5 kiloWatt (kW) pilot unit that can serve the residential power market, as an initial target commercial application, is expected to be operational by 2013

Powering a microwave by next year...

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This is just to good to be true. I wanna see the actual blueprints/schematics of this, just to give us an idea how it works. As for the claim the corporate oil tycoons will find this as a threat to them, let's just hope they wont get silenced.

edit on 5/24/2012 by Labdarex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by ManFromEurope

That is not a pessimistic view of live, but an engineering view.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at what you just said. It's as if anything which generates efficient energy (NOT free or infinite) is some type of scientific blasphemy to you people (unless of course it produces a lot of radiation then it's cool coz there's a bad side to it). You are pessimistic, because you immediately think anything which can help humanity must be a "scam", and you base that on the fact you can't "imagine" how it would work. If you don't understand the theory about hydrinos then why don't you try reading some of the publications (I just provided the link) which attempt to explain the theory... god I am so sick of this world.
edit on 23-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

No, you misunderstood my point: first, I am an engineer - not a scientist. Others do the theoretical part for me, I build the applications (not apps für your phone
). Second: I loathe our system of exhausting fossile energysources, be they oil, uranium or whatever - I am a great fan of renewable energy sources (and worked with a lot of enthusiasm in this field).

Nethertheless: as I said, others do that theoretical stuff for me, then I take their magical generator and couple it to our electricity grid. I would never refuse to use something like a hydrino-powergenerator, as long as it works as specified and without dangers to people and environment. Give it to me, I will use it, no problem.

But the obstacles as I said are VERY high that this is a feasible generator.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadeWolf
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Hang on a minute. "Low-energy form of water." Why does that...it's Ice-9, isn't it? My understanding of physics is fuzzy at best, but wouldn't creating a new quantum state of water be an incredibly bad thing for the planet?

Meh, it is more of an impossible thing, for my understanding. Okay, maybe it will work, there are new discoveries every minute - but the chance for this to be real are minuscule, in my opinion.

Ice-IX.. THAT would be a machine I wouldn't like, no matter how much energy it would produce..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
reply to post by boncho

An idea like this, which seems to have limited profitability (because you can't patent water). Probably will be bought and buried.

Yes, thank god no one is making money on water! Imagine the horror!

NO DOUBT!

Bottled tap water sells for more than gasoline unless you buy a whole gallon..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kluute
reply to post by boncho

Boncho you make yourself look like a paid shill, I didn't come on ATS to see the depressing manner in which you post. Perhaps take a brisk walk out the office, get some fresh air.. you bitter old man

OT:

Very interesting stuff, will reserve any further judgement until I see some more sources identifying this.

Thanks for info

Flagged!
edit on 24/5/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

There is a plethora of information on Mills and Blacklight, and numerous sources. I've looked into, have you?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
typical pump and dump type tactics, ill believe it when I see it.

Sometimes I feel like im in the wrong business.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
"pow! right in the kisser" -the honeymooners

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

And this is new news? Anyone read about the water flowing in the quarts under the Giza Pyramids? There are theories abound how the pyramids generated power using water. Tesla used it too apparently. The problems is selling it. How will it be transported? Is it over the air power? I fear we will not see much about this due the current make up of our rulers. Unless the system is somehow started over, I don't see this going anywhere.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
reply to post by R_Clark

And this is new news? Anyone read about the water flowing in the quarts under the Giza Pyramids? There are theories abound how the pyramids generated power using water. Tesla used it too apparently. The problems is selling it. How will it be transported? Is it over the air power? I fear we will not see much about this due the current make up of our rulers. Unless the system is somehow started over, I don't see this going anywhere.

then why are you still here?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Do you have a link to the patent? I'm assuming there is one, and if so, it will contain a complete description of the process.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Mills' system allows him to get far far more energy from hydrogen than was possible before. So much so that it becomes worthwhile to get hydrogen from water. He says that it would take hundreds of years just to burn up all the water we have released from processing petroleum products.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
reply to post by TheRedneck

What fascinates me is the sudden apparent harnessing of plasma. The battery story stolen by DOD was one but way cooler was an interview with an Iranian physicist by Kerry Cassidy. I'm spazzing on his name but it sounds like a new type of "nuclear" energy but instead of splitting or fusing nuclei, we are tapping some of the energy that keep the electrons whipping around.

Old school Treknology calls this an Electron Aspirator Pile.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark

Electricity generated from water: BlackLight Power announces validation of its scientific breakthrough in energy production

www.marketwatch.com

CRANBURY, N.J., May 22, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Leading academic and industry experts have validated BlackLight's new process that directly produces electric energy from the conversion of water vapor to a new, more stable form of Hydrogen.

Experts agree that BlackLight's "Hydrino theory" represents a fundamental breakthrough in clean energy technology.

BlackLight Power, Inc. (BLP) today announced a major breakthrough in clean energy technology, which experts agree holds tremendous promise for a wide range of commercial applications. The announcement comes on the heels of Blac
(visit the link for the full news article)

Great breakthrough; one wonders whether the masses will be able to make use of it.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by boncho

Do you have a link to the patent? I'm assuming there is one, and if so, it will contain a complete description of the process.

TheRedneck
I found this one, haven't read it all yet....it is fairly deep (for me, anyway)

Hydrogen Catalyst Reactor

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join