It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electricity generated from water: BlackLight Power announces validation of its scientific breakthrou

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Not long ago you could get his book in digital form on his site.. haven't checked recently though.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8311-XHT
reply to post by jonnywhite

The reason why cold fusion is so dangerous is because it produces antimatter to generate energy. If you can produce antimatter on demand you can produce an antimatter bomb... Bob Lazar pointed out the danger of antimatter in a video he made...An antimatter bomb makes a nuke look like a firecracker. Not to mention all the finacial destabilization that would take place. Our way of life would change completely.

This is how they think not me though. I would gladly risk all those things gain the valuable info all this would lead to.. such as how our universe works and the possibility to explore it.

Now hang on a second. Cold Fusion produces Antimatter? I don't think so! That sounds like a major violation of physics principles to me. Antiparticles in Cold Fusion would also make the process completely unstable. Even worse than claims of antiparticles being detected in lightning bolts.

Maybe Bob Lazar is saying these things, but if he is he's entirely out there in the Twilight Zone.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB
Now hang on a second. Cold Fusion produces Antimatter? I don't think so! That sounds like a major violation of physics principles to me. Antiparticles in Cold Fusion would also make the process completely unstable. Even worse than claims of antiparticles being detected in lightning bolts.

Maybe Bob Lazar is saying these things, but if he is he's entirely out there in the Twilight Zone.

Yes.. when you transmute elements in a particle accelerator they produce tiny antimatter particles which instantly annihilate.. Rossi claimed this was happening in his patent.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Lazar said this in a video describing the alien powerplant...

Andrea Rossi described the EXACT same process in his cold fusion patent.. (me and someone else saw saw this when a patent was posted here on ATS - we both recognized the same process from Lazars descriptions in the past. I don't think Pons and Fleischman said how their process worked which is what makes Lazar knowing at that time so bizarre.)

The only difference was Lazar said you needed some element you can't find in our solar system and Rossi said you need nickel..

I have seen many indication Lazar is a disinfo agent.. this just cemented it for me.. and him coming out just after cold fusion wen't public says it all for me...

Then you factor in that Bob lazar's best buddy was John lear.. John Lear's dad was promoting antigravity tech in the 50s before it went black.

Do the math as they say...
edit on 24-5-2012 by 8311-XHT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

Wait a minute. Bob Lazar was the guy who said he reverse-engineered alien flying saucers, right? Okay, I know where this guy is coming from now. He also invented Element 115 or whatever for his game. I know I'm a little bit behind the times but I don't think we have elements which go up that high!

Mutual annihilation in cold fusion would be rather spectacular I should think, releasing a lot more energy than any simple fission or fusion reaction deserves. In fact we're talking total conversion here. You want to prove cold fusion, just wave a Geiger counter in front of the setup! I don't buy any of this.
Lazar's not only a BS artist but later a con man. I think even Stanton Friedman knocked him down, and that's saying a lot coming from a die-hard UFO investigator.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 8311-XHT

Okay, first, this isn't the Skunk Works or Grey Matter part of the forum. The thread is about a HUMAN claim of technology to produce power by changing the quantum state of a hydrogen atom.........

Which, according to Mills anyway, is not done through a fusion type of reaction. Nuclear fusion does not produce antimatter. Instead, you would use antimatter to produce a nuclear fusion:

Antimatter-initialized fusion uses small amounts of antimatter to trigger a tiny fusion explosion. This has been studied primarily in the context of making nuclear pulse propulsion, and pure fusion bombs feasible. This is not near becoming a practical power source, due to the cost of manufacturing antimatter alone.

Antimatter Fusion Start

I don't think their goal was to produce Antihydrogen

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being an electrical engineer, I began thinking yesterday when I first read this thread about how we produce electricity in the first place.

The majority of us consume electricity that was either induced in a conductor by rotating it through a magnetic field (generators), or by the chemical reaction inside a battery (every time you use your cell phone).

Current flow is created when we have a electromotive force making the electrons move. The way we do this has not changed in over 150 years when you think about it (longer if you think of experiments carried out before the 1800's).

The main way that we do this is through mechanical movement: the rotation of the amature of a generator.
We can rotate it using steam (Oil, Coal, Gas, and Nuclear power plants heat water up to make the steam).
We can rotate it using water (Hydro Dams).
We can rotate it using wind (wind generators).

If you think about it, we're still banging rocks together in the sense that we're using REALLY old technology here.

Now other ways to produce electricity (batteries, solar panels, etc) are different, but with a few exceptions, the majority of the world grid of power is produced by AC generators.

I think Tesla was really on to something with his Wireless Energy Transfer and I really wish we'd see something more like this being developed for normal consumer usage.

Just my thoughts on the need for electricity.

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainLJB

I'm not saying Mills is using the same process as cold fusion or what Lazar was talking about. This is why he brought this tech public for the government in my opinion - to take us all off the trail of cold fusion. This is why he came out at the same time cold fusion came out IMO. All part of a campaign to prevent cold fusion from going mainstream and maybe to bring a power source they approve of to us..

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Well the fact that Randell L. Mills is claiming that somehow this hydrino thing is the cause of dark matter pretty much causes me to throw this in the trash can without even blinking. What's worse is all the "Randell" this and "Randell" that. He's such a con. It's a huge laugh, but that's all it's.

I wonder if Blacklight is a reference to dark matter?
edit on 24-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
Well the fact that Randell L. Mills is claiming that somehow this hydrino thing is the cause of dark matter pretty much causes me to throw this in the trash can without even blinking. What's worse is all the "Randell" this and "Randell" that. He's such a con. It's a huge laugh, but that's all it's.

Why do you think it can't be dark matter? He says hydrogen is the most common element in the universe... why not think dark matter is a form of hydrogen?

Blacklight is a reference to the light being released by hydrogen in this process being ultraviolet..

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Randall claimed years ago that they would install Blacklight cells in power plants in 2009. Never happened. Now they say they'll have bigger units next year in 2013 ready for residential use.

HOnestly, nobody should be wasting time or money. It's a circus.

I'm telling you, the Blacklight cell (as they claim it) DOES NOT exist.

They'll keep saying next year or the year after. Just a little more time...

This is how con men do things. Why do people not learn.

It's funny because established scientists have already spoken on the matter and have completely debunked it. What's odd is that so many people are so quick to believe Randall over respectable physicists. But 40% of the country thinks that the garden of eden was real and jesus is lord.

About 70% of us think that the government is lying about UFO's too.

People think the craziest things.

Fortunately, most scientists and professionals are more careful about what they believe. But don't tell this to the general public, they might think the "elite" are conspiring to mislead them.
edit on 25-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It's a circus alright and I've been watching this 'blacklight' business for years. The claimed principle is that a hydrogen atom's electron orbit can be collapsed to a lower energy level with the energy being released as a photon which doesn't altogether violate anything apart from his claim that the atom remains stable in that form which he calls a 'hydrino'. Depending on levels of excitation, electron orbits fluctuate and do release photons but they always seek equilibrium related to external excitation by absorbing the energy required to match the conditions. His 'hydrinos' might exist for a nanosecond but that's all and the net energy gain would be zero at best. He then goes on further to claim he can use his hydrinos to make new compounds but the principle of co-valent bonding with atoms that have non-collapsed electron shells raises a few questions here. I wonder what hydrino hydroxide tastes like?

Perhaps he's made a good blacklight for discos but that's already been done to death

edit on 25/5/2012 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by R_Clark
reply to post by boncho

Always nice to have trolls and cointel.. Nice.. you also do not mention the details books, information, and patents that he has provided. Saying only why it is 'not good enough' for you.. while only representing the negatives.. gives you away...

My thoughts too R Clark.

Although you put it more politely than i did apparently, since my last post was removed..ah well.

There are many examples of energy being economically derived from water, have been for decades, this is yet another version but this time with serious business backers looking for the pot of gold. Anything that could easily be built in a persons shed or garage has consistently been rubbished and derided by establishment figures both overtly and coverty unsuprisingly enough, since it would hand power, not just energy, directly to the people of the entire world.

Not only would people's energy supply become decentralised and essentailly free, but also the power over the people themselves would become so too.

This is why so much time and effort is put into rubbishing any technology that threatens Governmental and Corporate hegmony.

People taking care of themselves wouldn't require a large government. That scares the hell outta most of the power and control freaks.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Isn't Lazar back working for the US government again?

So much for BS.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Funny... This seems to remind me of stan meyers work... And yet people are still unwilling to believe. Tesla was running sucessful experiments under a unified field theory over fifty years ago...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Why do you think it can't be dark matter? He says hydrogen is the most common element in the universe... why not think dark matter is a form of hydrogen?

Blacklight is a reference to the light being released by hydrogen in this process being ultraviolet..

I'm one of the few people who never quietly accepted "dark matter" to begin with. It sounds like an invented kludge word to patch our insufficient understanding of gravity. Instead of accepting our limited understanding, they come along and Invent an invisible form of "matter" as a quick save. I know I'm in the minority here, so don't pounce.

Now you're saying Black Light is a direct reference to Dark Matter, something which hasn't actually been proven beyond it's "invisible" effects.

If a new subatomic particle were discovered today--call it a Yoyo--and tomorrow someone opens up a "facility" called YoyoDyne claiming he's harnessed the power of the Yoyo particle for creating energy... Damned right I wouldn't buy it.

Besides... Energy from "changing the quantum state of Hydrogen" to me sounds like (modern) Star Trek technobabble. I almost expect them to throw in "phase" or some other BS word to spice it up even more.

edit on 25-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Captain's Log, Supplemental...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Isn't Lazar back working for the US government again?

So much for BS.

Is he or isn't he? I don't know. I do know the stuff he's been shoveling around all the while saying he's a great physicist working on secret government projects. By now I think that even He believes his own stories, maybe even the government, too. The last I heard was that he was selling chemicals for fireworks and sued for something or other. That's quite a fall going from Einstein to a chemical salesman. The bottom line is that he's not a credible source. I'd sooner believe that the pioneers of cold fusion were smeared by the government than Lazar. Heck, even Hutchinson with his Effect and degravity experiments is more credible.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

I'm one of the few people who never quietly accepted "dark matter" to begin with. It sounds like an invented kludge word to patch our insufficient understanding of gravity. Instead of accepting our limited understanding, they come along and Invent an invisible form of "matter" as a quick save. I know I'm in the minority here, so don't pounce.

Now you're saying Black Light is a direct reference to Dark Matter, something which hasn't actually been proven beyond it's invisible effects.

Besides... Energy from "changing the quantum state of Hydrogen" to me sounds like (modern) Star Trek technobabble. I almost expect them to throw in "phase" or some other BS word to spice it up even more.

Dark matter and dark energy are simple terms astrophysicists have come up with to help patch (cover up) their ignorance of the workings behind the cosmological constant or Lambda term.

Which is a good reference point for everyone who has rejected the concept of overunity out of hand because it violates 'the laws of physics'.

Newsflash...the entire Universe violates the laws of physics!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I must say, IMO, this Randell Mills seems to be a bit odd, looking at his history.
A lot of his patent applications seem to be either connected with medicine or the energy thing that he is following as a byproduct of his medical research. He has applied for a lot of patents, those that have been granted are connected with the medical field.
He is a doctor of medicine, so it makes sense to me that he would be researching in the medical field. When I searched for information regarding the use of one of his medical patents, the Mossbauer Effect Cancer treatment, I find that most studies question it's efficacy. So one of the major patents he was granted has questionable results as far as I can find out.
He has written books (haven't read any yet) that are on the subject of grand unified theories connecting physics, chemistry and quantum mechanics, but his degrees are in medicine (doctorate) and chemistry (bachelors). He lists graduate studies in Engineering at MIT.
I am not sure how much faith I have in his research into a field that he has less education and familiarity, when the area he does have the education, his ideas seem to be flops.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Tesla was running sucessful experiments under a unified field theory over fifty years ago...

I have yet to see or hear anything that suggests Tesla had any concern over a Unified Field theory. His forte was in experimentation and innovation, not theory. That's why he had so many patents; everything he did warranted a patent for an actual working device as opposed to a mathematical theory.

So can you provide some sources for Tesla working with or on a Unified Field theory?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

Tesla was running sucessful experiments under a unified field theory over fifty years ago...

I have yet to see or hear anything that suggests Tesla had any concern over a Unified Field theory. His forte was in experimentation and innovation, not theory. That's why he had so many patents; everything he did warranted a patent for an actual working device as opposed to a mathematical theory.

So can you provide some sources for Tesla working with or on a Unified Field theory?

TheRedneck

Teslas experimentation must have been performed using SOME kind of scientific theory. He was working on his "Unified theory of dynamic gravity before he died." Runour has it that the theory was completed except he died before it was able to be published. You might consider "the phillidelphia experiment" as evidence of a unified field theory. Einstein and Tesla both consulted on the project.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I agree with you that Blacklight is running a scam. The real question here is, why is a credible outfit like Market Watch publishing this article? They have to at least suspect that this is a scam.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join