It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As soon as the eclipse ended, my life changed...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
I have a theory. I noticed friends and family having their drama spike like crazy the last 2 days. At one point I remember saying ''Jesus, is it a freaking full moon or something?!'' (found out shortly after I had missed out on an eclipse) There's an old wives tale that says people act different with moon phases. There are alot of people I've met in the medical profession that swear up and down that there is a major increase in stupid injuries when the moon is full...anyway too sum up, If a full moon brings crazy out in people can an eclipse do the same?
edit on 22-5-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

Doesn't an eclipse count as a full moon? Could be right... I've heard the full moon theory as well.

Seems plausible. But to be honest, I don't think I've ever been lied to by her.. being lied about hurts worse I think though..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Well at least you didn't fall off the ladder and you still have your car. This is the bad time. It almost can't get any worse. No family, no wife, no home, no job. Now you get to go thru it. But its all on the up and up. At least you don't have to play those games with them any more. You have been ex communicated. How does it feel to be free?

Don't worry about tomorrow, it will sort it self out. Take it that way each new day. One day at a time. Your needs are limited now, fulfill those and the rest will be restored. Have faith? There are forces that take care of us when we are in these kinds of situations that we can't see and little understand. You will see. There is a life lesson for you that has just begun. Don't force it, don't resist it.

Freedom has crossed my mind as well. I've been through a lot with both my parents, and my ex... I have a lot to deal with that I haven't been able to because I didn't have my "own space" and now I have all the space in the world..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

edit on 5-22-12 by paradox because: edit

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
well, if i learned anything from MY expirience its this: relationships are overrated...
i don't miss my ex at all, in fact leaving was probably the best option (even considering i lost my kids in the process)
i lost nearly 50 lbs, dropped 6 pant sizes...
sometimes i think that if i had stayed i would have eaten myself into an early grave... but that was my coping mechanism.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
To the OP:

You should have taken a photo of her collar bone while you and your family were arguing. If there were no red marks or bruises, you could have used that as proof.

Too bad we never think about these things in the moment...

Good luck, and sorry for what happened to you.
You will look back on this one day and probably realize it was all for the best

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix
To the OP:

You should have taken a photo of her collar bone while you and your family were arguing. If there were no red marks or bruises, you could have used that as proof.

Too bad we never think about these things in the moment...

Good luck, and sorry for what happened to you.
You will look back on this one day and probably realize it was all for the best

thats how i view my situation...
no coincidences right?

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

it seems to like you two don't have any kids either, that makes it far more easy.
if it were me though, i would be calling my dad the next and tell him, look dad i didn't hit her heres the proof!

we have one, thus making it a sadder situation..

damn, well whatever you do man: don't let her keep your kid from you. i don't know why anyone one would want to do that but why would she want to lie about you hitting her either?
i have four kids 3 girls and a son i don't know, being seperated from them... it does something to you... changes you.
i don't even know you and for all i know you could have hit her. regardless, NO ONE deserves the pain of being seperated from your kids. no one. unless of course that person is abusing the kids but i like to think thats a given...

I have to add to this thought....Anyone that keeps their kids from an ex for anything short of a DAMN good reason (abuse, neglect ect) is abusing their kids. anyone who tries that may rip that ex's heart out but that pales in comparison to what it does to the kids.
I don't know you OP, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt here. False claims of abuse are common...shockingly so. It's a sick world.
There are 2 sides to every story, but I don't imagine you are a danger to your kid from what I can tell. Fight for your rights but don't stoop to her level. He/she needs both parents and deserve better than to be a pawn in this game.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

it seems to like you two don't have any kids either, that makes it far more easy.
if it were me though, i would be calling my dad the next and tell him, look dad i didn't hit her heres the proof!

we have one, thus making it a sadder situation..

damn, well whatever you do man: don't let her keep your kid from you. i don't know why anyone one would want to do that but why would she want to lie about you hitting her either?
i have four kids 3 girls and a son i don't know, being seperated from them... it does something to you... changes you.
i don't even know you and for all i know you could have hit her. regardless, NO ONE deserves the pain of being seperated from your kids. no one. unless of course that person is abusing the kids but i like to think thats a given...

I have to add to this thought....Anyone that keeps their kids from an ex for anything short of a DAMN good reason (abuse, neglect ect) is abusing their kids. anyone who tries that may rip that ex's heart out but that pales in comparison to what it does to the kids.
I don't know you OP, but I'll give you the benefit of doubt here. False claims of abuse are common...shockingly so. It's a sick world.
There are 2 sides to every story, but I don't imagine you are a danger to your kid from what I can tell. Fight for your rights but don't stoop to her level. He/she needs both parents and deserve better than to be a pawn in this game.

Hopefully when I get back on my feet, I'll try for custody. My lil girl is my best friend..

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

i would star this reply 100 more times if i could.
and please stop poinitng that thing at me it's... unnerving.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

edit on 5-22-12 by paradox because: edit

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by Hawking

Originally posted by paradox
You should kill her.

I'm surprised you've been on this site since 2003 and would still post that. Usually it's the newer ones who say stupid things.

i was gonna call him out too but figured why waste the time on a troll.

Aw man you just hurt my e-feelings. wtf.

just glad you're here to help move this discussion along.
here's an e-get well soon card.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'm telling you OP - the only thing she has to gain from the alleged abuse is custody...or money.

Good thing you've got an astronomical alibi

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
[snip]

Maybe the OP should seek marriage counseling instead of ATS e-experts.
After all, apparently it was believable enough for his own parents that he is a wife beater. They even had to intervene because of his temper, according to his post.
edit on 5-22-12 by paradox because: (no reason given)

edit on 23/5/12 by masqua because: removed quoted portion

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I'm telling you OP - the only thing she has to gain from the alleged abuse is custody...or money.

Good thing you've got an astronomical alibi

quite literally! star for the pun.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
It pains me to say this, as I often feel people do not realize how lucky they are to have families, but if your parents/family take her side over your side without proof with an accusation as SERIOUS as physical assault AND are willing to put you out on the street over the whole mess.... Perhaps it's simply best that you learn the very valuable lesson of just how shallow and thoughtlessly they really are. A lesson better learned now then when you were successful and actually on top of the world.

You need a hug. Probably smell like a hobo now though, eh?

/hug

Just don't get all gropey on me, I'm a male too.

I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts and I'll keep hoping you recover more affluently, and in other ways as well as monetarily, than expected.

Good luck, brother.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Freedom has crossed my mind as well. I've been through a lot with both my parents, and my ex... I have a lot to deal with that I haven't been able to because I didn't have my "own space" and now I have all the space in the world..

That is hard to file sort of, huh? Its like you are in Limbo right now? Caught between two worlds? The old that still clings to your heart and is somewhat comfortable / painful? Hard to let go of the rope and take the plunge? The easy part is leaving, the hard part is letting go of the resentment about he said, she said. Go ahead and embrace that anger, let it wash over you while you grit your teeth and growl. They are just feelings. That is how you let go of the toxins that are built up in there that they gave you.

I understand a little. How dare they chastise you when you are down? Thats the worst. How unfeeling, almost like they enjoy kicking a person who is down. And they are sleeping indoors tonight and won't loose a wink. Heartless. They won't have you to accuse of their shortcomings anymore, so they are going to have to chew on somebody else. Maybe each other. Good riddance, for now. You have been cast adrift and will find your own way without them passing cold judgment on you. Revel in that.

The next few days will be hard only because you think you need their approval to exist. That comfort that they dangle in front of you when you earn their approval? Shudder. Shake that off. They are the miserable ones not you. They are the ones who are in denial about how cruel they can be. Let them go for now. Find yourself and then you can later laugh at how duped you were by them. This sounds like a good thing indeed. Just be patient. These things take time.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by paradox

mods: does suggesting murder as an alternative to divorce not violate T&C?
at any rate, i don't recall anyone besides the op himself saying he definitively did not abuse his wife. however, i belive him but like everything else that is purely speculative opinion. adressing another point, it seems from his posts that the marriage is over so i'm thinking this is a little over counseling, might have helped months ago but...
oh, and glad to see you decided to actually participate rather than just throw peanuts...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join