It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy perpetual motion machine.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It bothers me when people get defensive of their creative ideas based on quasi science of the impossible and then bash anyone who dares criticize their ideas. Well don't ask others their opinion if you're not willing to accept it. Go on now and spend lots of money and time into a project that was doomed to fail before it even began. You said you can't even figure out how to upload pictures on the internet yet you've broken the laws of physics?? Really..
edit on 22-5-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Gravity is a source of energy and that is the input energy to gravity engine.

How is gravity a source of energy? Isn't gravity just an energy field like magnetic-field or electromagnetic-field? I understand that you can extract energy out of changing gravity field or using field potential, but they are just ways to store/transfer energy.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

You have described how it works perfectly, and you seem to be versed in the laws. But the load is right on the tipping point and the leverage gained in turning the wheel from the edge will be more than enough to turn the screw. The screw is smaller in diameter than the wheel and so will turn faster delivering more water than is being used to turn the wheel.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OP,

After all is said and done here, whether you succeed, or not. The only FAILURE will be in NOT TRYING.

Keep up your work, you may be the One whO has the breakthrugh.

God luck.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

In not jumping on anyone, it's abit of banter m8. If anyone is upset by how much belief I have this will work, don't let It get to you. I be ok. The children are helping me and we all having fun the comments on weather this will work are about 50/50. And that's neutral. Please take a good look at how leverage works with weights on a seesaw and then visualise the seesaw being the spokes in the wheel. And if it don't work I'll start a thread saying it never worked and everyone can say.... I told you so... And I'll be humble and accept. Till then...... It will work.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbore

How is gravity a source of energy? Isn't gravity just an energy field like magnetic-field or electromagnetic-field? I understand that you can extract energy out of changing gravity field or using field potential, but they are just ways to store/transfer energy.

1)

Working analogous Principle of my gravity engine invention.

(with Reference sketch on Flickr weblink on thread)

2)
www.besslerwheel.com...

3)
www.besslerwheel.com...

edit on 22-5-2012 by Aman16 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2012 by Aman16 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by libertytoall

In not jumping on anyone, it's abit of banter m8. If anyone is upset by how much belief I have this will work, don't let It get to you. I be ok. The children are helping me and we all having fun the comments on weather this will work are about 50/50. And that's neutral. Please take a good look at how leverage works with weights on a seesaw and then visualise the seesaw being the spokes in the wheel. And if it don't work I'll start a thread saying it never worked and everyone can say.... I told you so... And I'll be humble and accept. Till then...... It will work.

What if in the water reservoir under the seesaw (seesaw itself being conductive material though isolated from each end) you used switchable magnets, and the seesaw worked as a switch from one current to the next, kinda like points in a distributor?

I don't know, something about harmonics and the splashing of water at such a high velocity...all I can form from that is another question mark above my head. Then isolating water vapor/atomization from the circuit created seems unlikely...short circuit itself?

I guess I'm missing the point that it has to rely on it's own effective cause. Switchable circuits seem outside of a closed system? Then the atmospheric interference?

Man, this stuff is fascinating ain't it?

Thanks for a brighter perspective that I can enjoy such a rainy, dreary weather day after-all.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by MegaMind

You have described how it works perfectly, and you seem to be versed in the laws. But the load is right on the tipping point and the leverage gained in turning the wheel from the edge will be more than enough to turn the screw. The screw is smaller in diameter than the wheel and so will turn faster delivering more water than is being used to turn the wheel.

Sorry but that is total BS what about friction also to lift the water you have to lift against GRAVITY!

CAN'T WORK WON'T WORK

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

The only friction will be on the ball bearings of the wheel. This one is a bycicle wheel which will easily take the weight of a man. I'll be lifting about just 20kg max at any one time withe the screw ontop of the wheel. and the water is placid enough for friction to not be a problem. It slides up the inside of a screw shaped tube.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

reply to post by LetsGoViking

I'll bear that in mind. If I "balance" more gears ontop of the water screw do you think I can achieve a high enough speed to charge a 12v battery with a car alternator? Thanks.

I had to do some digging on this one...the short answer is no. From what I can find, you won't be able to spin the screw faster that about 60 rpm due to turbulence within the tube resulting in less and less water filling the "buckets".

The amount of water lifted per unit time can also be increased by increasing the rotational velocity of the screw. However, there is a practical limit to how fast one can rotate the screw. A handbook on the design and operation of Archimedes screws (Nagel 1968, p. 37) states that, based on field experience, the rotational velocity of a screw in revolutions per minute should be no larger than 50/D2/3, where D is the diameter of the outer cylinder in meters. Thus a screw with an outside diameter of 1 m should have a maximum rotational
velocity of 50 rpm. If the screw is rotated much faster, turbulence and sloshing prevent the buckets from being filled and the screw simply churns the water in the lower reservoir rather than lifting it

THE TURN OF THE SCREW: OPTIMAL DESIGN OF AN ARCHIMEDES SCREW, Chris Rorres, JOURNAL OF HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING / JANUARY 2000, pp. 72 -80

Which leads back to a turbine on the downrun to generate energy. And if we assume 80% efficiency for the turbine and tube each, we have a net loss of 36% per cycle. Not counting other losses like friction, turbulence, and heat. So it would seem that after < three cycles you would enter a net loss situation.

Still, it looks like it would be fun to build and try. There is no failure in experimentation except failure to learn!

Cheers,

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbore

I did not make that statement ...

that would be aman16 and he/she made it here

Gravity is a force.

The force of gravity on an object (known as weight) is given by Force = mass x acceleration, where acceleration is due to gravity at 9.8 meters per second squared (m/s^2) (or 32.2 feet per second square) and mass is the mass of the object.

edit on 22-5-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It seems that all questions have been asked and answered, and all that remains now is to see if it will work. Please read the whole thread and look and think about all plans and pics. As I now seem to be repeating. I don't think this machine breaks any laws as the balance is right on the tipping point. Not causing any resistance. Balancing two circles on top of eachother and turning the bottom one the top one turns with no resistance. 8

If you have a reason to why it won't work that hasn't been given and answered, I'd be glad to hear, and will take it into consideration.

Its not breaking any laws proposed. It's balenced right on the centre at the top. This area when applying load is neutral.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So if I can control it at 50rpm, put a larg cog at the end of the shaft on the water scew line it with a small cog and connect that cog to the shaft of a low rmp alternator, depending on the ratios that saft will spin far faster than the screw shaft, right? I need to see what the maximum rpm I can get on the last cog will be. The two cogs to convert the power need to be as big as poss with as small as poss I guess.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
If the weight of the water in the archimedes screw is greater than that in turbine, the motion will eventually stop. Problem is, for the thing to work, the amount of water in the screw needs to be = to or > than the amount of water falling onto the turbine. Theoretically, if the amounts are exactly equal it could work, but, add friction to the mix, and.... sorry...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wilsonilperso

I've explained that I can adjust the weight of the screw by slightly adjusting the height of the shaft the screw is attattched to. This will put less strain on the lower wheel, no? So I calculate that if I can take enough stain of the 20kg load through adjustment, I can make the load seem more like 2kg.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

My assumptions are that the screw height is minimal and the generator height is maximum. If you adjust (increase) the screw height, you will have to adjust (increase) the genetator height. Again, if there is more water in the screw than falling down the generator, will not work.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

and the same applies to decreasing the heights of either the screw or generator. More water is always heavier than less water.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

So if I can control it at 50rpm, put a larg cog at the end of the shaft on the water scew line it with a small cog and connect that cog to the shaft of a low rmp alternator, depending on the ratios that saft will spin far faster than the screw shaft, right? I need to see what the maximum rpm I can get on the last cog will be. The two cogs to convert the power need to be as big as poss with as small as poss I guess.

Yes, provided that the torque is sufficient on the shaft to turn the engaged gears. You can control the rpm as a function of the outer diameter of the screw, 50/D2/3 where D= the diameter in meters. Understand that every gear you introduce your are introducing friction which = loss.

Let me know when you get to building!
Cheers,

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
However you manage to make a working perpetual energy machine, I ask one thing:

Post a video of it, and a blueprint of how you made it. I'm sure we'd all love to have a crack at it.

Besides, free energy nationwide would spark a revolution. The beginning of free energy...unheard of!
edit on CTuesdaypm111150f50America/Chicago22 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wilsonilperso

You might be right but I think the screw being in a balanced possition on top of the wheel will make any load neutral. Or less resisting. Pivot points are neutral nd that's exactly wear im putting the load.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join