It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free energy perpetual motion machine.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Please dont get me wrong, I'm not trying to be Mr. Negative, but, no matter the adjistment, 20 kg is 20kg. It may be a perfectly balanced, but if there is more water in the screw than falling down the generator.... no bueno

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

The plans are there, video will be posted weather it works or fails, don't wait. I'm gonna get stuck making a water screw that is smooth on the inside so that's the only part that will cost me as I'll have to have if fabricated, proberly out of PVC. Estimation for total build £300 plus battery and alternator.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wilsonilperso

I hope you are wrong, and you are not being negative you are constructively criticising. You must have seen the roadrunner cartoons. Coyote just leans on this massive rock teetering on the edge of a cliff, and over it goes. It's not breaking any laws it's just no resistance. But the spokes on the wheel would act like a lever under the rock, making it even easier.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

If the wheel and the tube have inflated tyres round them the maximum load will be 20kg. I can adjust it from 20kg to zero. Zero won't wrk tho. Lol. although the more load I take off the more resistance will be created.
edit on 22-5-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I see what you are saying. You have some feedback from ATS for consideration, and I really do hope you complete your engine as I (and others on here) are curious to see the results and are eager to help all we can. Hell, if anything youve inspired people (myself anyways) to think critically and I now have an idea, based and highly influenced by your design, using the idea of the water coming into a house is already under pressure. Not free energy, but maximizing potential energy from that flowing water (the water coming to a house can be directed to an elevated tank at the house; you arent spending any of your energy to pump the water to that elevated holding tank.) Thanks for the insight, inspiration, and idea.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by wmd_2008

The only friction will be on the ball bearings of the wheel. This one is a bycicle wheel which will easily take the weight of a man. I'll be lifting about just 20kg max at any one time withe the screw ontop of the wheel. and the water is placid enough for friction to not be a problem. It slides up the inside of a screw shaped tube.

YOU dont undestand anything that moves and touches something else causes friction it's a FACT!

Plane flying through the air, air resistance FRICTION.

Boat going through water, water resistance drag FRICTION.

You machine CANT WORK, save the money go to a night class and LEARN about this!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Really no dumb down from me but you clearly lack the physic knowledge. I saw some of your drawings about weights and levers and they look like doodles. Someone who knows what he does plans it through and then builds it, like so many said in this thread before. Also the math on your paper does not make sense.

You do not even use the right words and I feel you just calculate with your gut and that aint work.
No dumb down but you´re running into a wall

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Thanks, That's what atsis for is it not, we find something, share it, lay everything out for all to see, pull it all apart, and put it back together. The positive feed back has been great and The negative too, as it has made me have to think harder. I haven't been put off. The above poster is right that this machine will cause friction, and this is the only thing that stands between failing and success. I'm not convicted this friction alone will be enough to stop the momentum. And WILL be finishing the project. As I will not be told by anyone else that I cannot do something. Especialy others referring to the LAWS.that must think I never went to school. Nothing is impossible this day in age, And everything is more of a probability. I think These laws will change as we Learn and understand more. I think one day they will be totally rewritten as they are broken again and again. I think They were written for this period of time and human conciousness. As human consciousness changes i think the world will change with it.your idea sounds good. I did think of something similar but wanted to consentrate on the isolated system. have fun with it that's the main thing.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by verschickter

I will try slow abit just before impact, maybe some padding and a crash hat. Lol. I know.... If i paint a tunnel on it ill go right thruogh the wall lol.There were more detailed pics not sure which ones you see. Yes my maths is a bit erm well. But I know what it says. You are right I'm building and adjusting as I go but I dont see anything wrong thing wrong with that if thats the way i want to do it.Trail and error will add time but if I'd have done it by "the book" the book will say its impossible. And half of me says that's why the book was written. Not becouse that's how it is... But to make people think that's how it is. Thanks tho. WB

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

reply to post by verschickter

I will try slow abit just before impact, maybe some padding and a crash hat. Lol. I know.... If i paint a tunnel on it ill go right thruogh the wall lol.There were more detailed pics not sure which ones you see. Yes my maths is a bit erm well. But I know what it says. You are right I'm building and adjusting as I go but I dont see anything wrong thing wrong with that if thats the way i want to do it.Trail and error will add time but if I'd have done it by "the book" the book will say its impossible. And half of me says that's why the book was written. Not becouse that's how it is... But to make people think that's how it is. Thanks tho. WB

No the book was written by people who know what they are talking about YOU don't, it wont work NO machine in 100% efficient anything that moves on your machine will cause friction energy will be lost its that simple!

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Ouch!. You sound sure of that, keep trying to convince me tho... Good luck

Like I said, this does not break the laws written which people of the scientific community use as a bible. The friction will be minimal thanks to bearings. The Parts are not just greased up pieces of wood that I'm hoping will slide past each other. Friction is my biggest problem but resistance can be balanced.
edit on 23-5-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Ouch!. You sound sure of that, keep trying to convince me tho... Good luck

100% , REMEMBER to lets us know about your failure just so I can say I told you so

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I will be humble and admit defeat but not before I am defeated. Only I can defeat myself by trying and failing. If it works everyone who said it was impossible will scream hoax. Then the only way people will know is to build their own. If it fails I will post a video of the machine failing. I'm not claiming any thing. I had an idea, thought about it hard. Still convinced, drew a plan and discussed it. I'm still not convinced it won't work after posting on ats, all comments positive and negative have been a great help in understanding how friction and load and torq will all effect each other when this machine turns. Tommorow i shall continue with the build with much more knowledge than I had when I started. Scencierly... Thanks ATS

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Mate hats off to you for trying, don't listen to the nay sayers - some of the best inventions have come from people who knew next to nothing about their subject but used their creative imagination and ability to come up with amazing things.

I was told repeatedly in my life I could do this or that, or I need to have a degree etc but I proved many many people wrong. I love doing stuff like this, I will doodle away for ages and then try building something, but...when you need to, don't ignore these posts on here (while they may seem negative they are talking sense).

There will be a point where creativity must become intent i.e. you need to do your homework at some stage e.g. when you are refining your prototype design.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Thanks m8. A lil encouragement there. Thanks.
All our lives we are told you can't do that or this, it's impossible. Or no, not like that, like this. Or this is the way, the only way, who said science and religion were different? When you suggest anything that goes against the laws it's like people think im burning the book. " er u can't do that" I can do what I want. I really don't think this breaks any of those laws tho and I know working with the laws will help. Again the concept is right on the tipping point is neutral with no resistance. If the thing don't work I'll either give up or look further into it.
Cheers.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Maybe what I said was a bit tough but every single bit of movement will go against you, the science of applied mechanics is well know the effects of mass friction and energy are all documented.

2+2 = 4 no amount of wishful thinking from members on here will change that,your machine works on good old well known mechanical principles that's why members are saying it won't work.

The attitude of the misguided on here is if its in text book its wrong or lies maybe some on here should have paid attention at school.

We see evidence of machines working all the time be it a car,bike,ship or any other machine or do some just forget that

edit on 23-5-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You posted this thread asking for help, so y u no heed?
You'd do well to listen to megamind and wilsonilperso.

This is quickly becoming an interesting lesson on the inner workings of the human spirit as it dances blindly between hope and delusion.
I get that there are all sorts of cute, hopeful sayings about the world, but science is science for a reason. it works. Don't trash it because you think it may be wrong.

Maxwell first published EM theory 150 years ago.
Might be one of the most defining times since isaac newton, 100 years before, as it laid the understanding that gives you the computer you're typing on.

If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants
- Isaac Newton

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I did come on here asking for help and all comment have been fair. As you say. The theory is 150yrs old and I don't think I'm breaking the boundary. I turned one of these water screws yrs ago and it had about a ton of water in it. There were no gears I literally turned a handle connected to the shaft and moved the water up. It was hard to push but I was not applying a ton to move it up. Go figure.

flic.kr...

Not me In the pic by the way lol. The one I turned the wheel the handle is connnected to was bigger and was much easier to turn than this looks?

I'd say this one would deliver about 10ltrs every revolution, there are four puddles being lifted. That's about 40ltrs being lifted. The one I turned had about ten puddles. Not much wider tho. .

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
In order to not be a negative nancy all the time I took your idea and made it workable.

Have a covered pool of water exposed to the sun such that the thermal energy causes the water to go from liquid to gas phase. Allow the water to condense at a higher elevation. In effect you've used the suns energy+phase changes+convection to overcome gravity.

After some water has gathered at your elevated point, let it run over a water wheel. The potential energy is now kinetic energy.

The turning wheel moves a magnet in a coil of wire, and this generates a current. Using the 150 year old laws laid down by maxwell, we know that a change in magnetic flux creates a current in a conducting wire. The kinetic energy is now electrical energy.

Boom... DC current to be used as you can.

There are a lot of places to work out efficiency such as using mirrors to heat the water more quickly and designing an effective condenser, but all of the ideas are scientifically sound and it only uses the heat of the sun. It isn't continual as you have to let the water pile up at elevation to get the most push on your water wheel. Unless you can boil the water using the sun then it's a little more feasible and you have the potential to use the steam to turn the wheel.

You won't be powering your house with it, but it's pretty close to free electricity.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

Hmmm cool idea! If the water collected at the bottom was kept as a thin layer you could some how apply a tiny vibration to vaporise the water quicker. Ive got a humidefier that works like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join