It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About the Garden of Eden Story

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Actually yes.
Tree of life is knowledge. Aka technology. But mostly on all knowledge.
Tree of life is part of brain.
Tree of life is ancient knowledge
In short dots:
Tree of life, tree of knowledge is mentioned in many many religions, ancient writings, modern paintings-see sistine chapel initaly, fresca of touch of god, where one guy point finger to another
where right siting it is not a shell, it is a brain if u look closer. Also guy on left side (interesting huh left-logic-serpent) is also pointing finger heheh toright side on men without all. Wandering for touch of knowledge. In shor to i say. Check it u know what im talkin
Also ipresume that tree ofknowledge is about divine origins land of man kind. Possible. Or forbidden and forgotten history of mankind and what we are capable.

Edit add
666 is never related explicit to satan, or evil.
Nor is ever mentioned in bible about devil existance.
Yes, eve is first eat apple. Womens.. What to say..lol
Think here is question who of them is good god.
God devil or God god.
God devil: lef part of brain, self awarness, logic, thinking, questioning, criticism, knowledge, technology, man kind on road learning curve.
God god: spiritual, faith without phisicsl proof, basicly inter dimensional soul spiritual knowing etc.

edit on 21-5-2012 by wwwchronos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
If I'm not mistaken, only Eve ate the fruit.
It wasn't called the tree of knowledge in the Bible taught to me either.
It was just a tree of forbidden fruit. Eve was tempted and took one bite.
The serpent lies by the way.

Genesis 3:6

And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Good post, OP, star and flag. Very well thought out and written. I have always been of the opinion that the Book of Genesis was not telling the whole story. God accuses the Serpent of being a "liar and murderer from the beginning", but in truth, nowhere in the Bible does Satan murder even one human as compared to God who killed a few million. And I was never able to fine any lies Satan told either. Strange....

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Yes we did. Look at the native cultures in South America that lived in such perfect harmony with their surroundings that no one even knew they were their until about 10 years ago when uh.. "certain" groups of people started purchasing large swaths of the Amazon from the government and they started hack'n'slash that jungle, then they started to find them. They blended in.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by wwwchronos

Bwhahahaha... genius.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by racasan

There are more than I'm willing to point out and I do not agree with picking apart someone's post to prove a point.

To answer your question, and give you an idea of what to look for:
He states things like, "Orthodox Christians tell us the Devil began his career of evil in the Garden of Eden.", but Orthodox Christians do not tell us this. I don't think that statement is his true opinion or even bad paraphrasing. I think its just one of many deceitful attempts at leading a reader through his opening post.

Let's say the Devil's dubious acts were judged by Orthodox Christians to be a career. Wouldn't the Devil's career be best described as acts in defiance of God? And wouldn't it be best told that Orthodox Christians would say such a career had started in Heaven, not Eden? And wouldn't it be best told that this paragraph and the opening post purposefully leads the reader, on a more opinionated than fact based narrative, to give merit to their premise?

Not only is the opening post based heavily on opinions, it is deceitful in its nature because he uses opinions as if they were facts. He's spinning long yarn, but what his motive is for such long yarn, is what I do not understand.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Interesting. I will be following.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Death threats from God who created man to live?

Don't put your hand on the stove or you will get burned so the devil says look, the stove won't burn you (until it gets turned on) and as foolish as man (and your interpretation) is oh, lookie, no burn.

You then proceed to blame God for all the ills of the world by claiming it is God who is the liar?

... not even worth correcting your flavor of what you deem is truth... like you were even there... surprise, The Holy Ghost was there and is still here... until man reaches that point of falling away as your thread tries to draw all into the snare.

Yes, the devil is a crafty one and uses tools like yourself to convince man that it is God who is evil because you know what? The devil is god on earth for a reason... man since Adam and Eve were left alone to grow up as God decided back then that since our Faith in Him was dead (by eating and not listening) we needed to learn by example and all the woes of man and the tree of knowledge have borne its fruit.

The understanding of God in some will never happen for God Himself blinds those minds... simply separating the wheat from the chaff.

God left us to grow without His guidance and all we had were the fallen angels influence.

People like yourself who are so full of ego as to blame God for your void never comprehended just which direction we took... nor how the direction of following the Lord in His path would have led our evolving as a society.

It will be only through experiencing the forthcoming death as told of by God and our original sin will you finally (and too late) come to realize that the battleground has always been in the mind and you surrendered the day you quit believing in God.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

Originally posted by anoncoholic
Death threats from God who created man to live?

Don't put your hand on the stove or you will get burned so the devil says look, the stove won't burn you (until it gets turned on) and as foolish as man (and your interpretation) is oh, lookie, no burn.

LOL That was a great analogy. I cracked up when I read that oh lookie bit.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

You then proceed to blame God for all the ills of the world by claiming it is God who is the liar?

God is the one who decided to turn the stove on while the under-educated child's hand was on the stove rather than teaching when the stove is safe to touch and when it is not. If it was never safe, then it wouldn't have had to wait until it was turned on, therefore there are safe and unsafe times to touch the stove (eat of the fruit).

At least according to the story as written and as interpreted by the OP's offering and following your analogy.

However this is not in my understanding of the relationship we as individuals share with God/Tao/Infinity, but then again I also don't take one book to the the end of my information tool chest.

The real message in that portion of the Genesis story is to stop looking for God/Tao/Infinity in a book or organized social structure and authority. Notice it's the start of the story of the relationship between God/Man, not the end. Where does the end of the book say we really find God/Tao/Infinity? There never could be a true relationship between God/Tao/Infinity and Man until Man voluntarily chose to after being separated. It was God/Tao/Infinity who chose to "break off" parts of itself so that they could become true knowing partners, rather than the equivalent of your cells of your body are to you. Which is what Man was before "the fall".

Namaste.
edit on 2012/5/21 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

then you do not understand what the fruit is

think family tree... the stove is always on

Cain was like his father

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Was it always on (and thus punishment would have been immediate), or did it have to wait for it to be on in order for the punishment to be experienced? Which analogy are you using here?

As for not understanding the fruit... perhaps.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Actually, in the original Sumerian story of Emesh and Enten, from which came the story of Cain and Abel, no one was murdered at all. This was a much later additional twist to the story. The original is all warm and fuzzy:

The exalted word of Enlil whose meaning is profound,
The decision taken, is unalterable, who dares transgress it!

Emesh bent the knees before Enten,
Into his house he brought . . ., the wine of the grape and the date,
Emesh presents Enten with gold, silver, and lapis lazuli,
In brotherhood and friendship, happily, they pour out libations,
Together to act wisely and well they determined.
In the struggle between Emesh and Enten,
Enten, the steadfast farmer of the gods, having proved greater than Emesh,
. . . O father Enlil, praise!

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

I'm sorry, perhaps I'm missing something here...but I've yet to see you actually answer a question posed to you?
I have, however, seen you evade them quite well.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
What the King James Bible says > opinions of man.

People will do anything to convince themselves that they will not have to give an account before a holy God. What the OP had in his post are just opinions and wishful thinking.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Was it always on (and thus punishment would have been immediate), or did it have to wait for it to be on in order for the punishment to be experienced? Which analogy are you using here?

As for not understanding the fruit... perhaps.

In the analogy the stove is always on and yet God in all His mercy still allowed the blood-line to flow. Up until the flood that is. There is a point where God will take measures needed to cleanse creation... round two and the cleansing by fire has ring-side seats always available, while the preferred viewpoint is from a historical perspective...

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by netgamer7k

Care to point out why this is more than just your opinion?
Some facts, perhaps?

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
O.P. I think you have missed what the creations story tells us. First, there is no mention of how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden. by the way which was a perfect creation by God, it could have been a couple of days or a couple of million years, we can assume that as long as they ate from the tree of life they would have eternal life in human form, I believe that when they ate from the tree of Knowledge and God expelled them from the garden that they no longer had access to eternal life in the human sense but rather be subject to growing old and the human body would die but the soul would have eternal life, weather that be in heaven or hell. So your theory that the devil or Satan saying that the fruit would not kill them is false. It did kill them in the sense that they no longer had access to the tree of life and death to the human body is inevitable.

The tree of knowledge gave us knowledge but with that knowledge comes death. Before they ate from the tree of knowledge they were naked and didn't know what sin was accept eating from the tree of knowledge but when they ate from the tree of knowledge they knew what sin was they were ashamed of their nakedness and they knew that they disobeyed God and that was sin. So for disobeying God they were expelled for the garden to live a life full of sin and had to make the choice about all sin all the time where in the garden they only had one sin to worry about and that was eating from the tree of Knowledge. So the first true sin was eating from the tree of knowledge. So yes the serpent did deceive them by telling them that there would be no death. The day that they ate from the tree is they day that they would die. So in Gods eye they did die because they were no longer allowed to eat from the tree of life because they were expelled for the Garden of Eden to where this day the tree of life remains until God decides that he has had enough and destroys the earth and brings back the tree of life in the new Jerusalem.

So in conclusion sin is death

Sorry I forgot to replay to your third point about how christian believe that Lucifer started his "career" in the Garden Of Eden. The bible clearly tells us that Lucifer went to God and told him. and I am paraphrasing, that he wanted to be like God and have people worship him but before that he was able to convince a multitude of angels to worship him and that was before the garden of Eden. So there was a great battle in heaven and Lucifer and the angels that worshiped him were cast out of heaven. but Lucifer still has access to God as we see in the book of Job. It's not until the book of Revelations do we see that access to God Closed. So why does he still have access to God? Read the book of Job and you will understand that he has this access still to God so he can get permission from God to test people and prove to God that people worship him (Satin) thru sin and not God thru obedience. God granted us the ability to make the decision to follow him thru obedience or follow Satin thru sin. And as I have discussed earlier Sin is Death and that is why God told Adam and Eve that if they ate from the tree of Knowledge they would die.

edit on 21-5-2012 by kevinski because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Actually, in the original Sumerian story of Emesh and Enten, from which came the story of Cain and Abel, no one was murdered at all. This was a much later additional twist to the story. The original is all warm and fuzzy:

The exalted word of Enlil whose meaning is profound,
The decision taken, is unalterable, who dares transgress it!

Emesh bent the knees before Enten,
Into his house he brought . . ., the wine of the grape and the date,
Emesh presents Enten with gold, silver, and lapis lazuli,
In brotherhood and friendship, happily, they pour out libations,
Together to act wisely and well they determined.
In the struggle between Emesh and Enten,
Enten, the steadfast farmer of the gods, having proved greater than Emesh,
. . . O father Enlil, praise!

This quote sounds like it was made of fragments of thought.. Possibly because it was interpreted from fragments?

Even a single word omitted can change entire meaning but meh, it is a moot point if one realizes that even complete texts could never spell out entire world history in a single volume (adequately at least) so there will be gaps and in those gaps the disbelief is seeded.

There is adequate proof of God but one must first believe in Him to find Him.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Which word are you having trouble with sport?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join