It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a star?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Is there a mystical element behind them?
Are they conscious beings?
Are they huge electrons?
Are they centers for collective consciousness throughout the universe?
Do they store data/knowledge somehow?
Are they "star"gates/portals?
Is it a place where souls get recharged in some way?

There are many, many stars in the universe. About 100 billion total in our home galaxy alone. In the observable universe there is an estimated amount of about 200 billion galaxies. So if each galaxy has roughly about 100 billion stars, then the grand total of stars in the universe would be about 20,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (20 sextillion). Yeah, sextillion. Now there's a word you don't hear every day...

Seeing as stars are responsible for life to exist on planets, are they themselves alive? Perhaps, much more alive than we think they are? Are all stars connected in some way? Do they "communicate" with one another? Are stars like snowflakes in that no two are the same, with each producing it's own unique frequency/vibration/energy?

With all the stars out there in the universe, there's only one that is home to our solar system. The sun. In a way, it's as much a part of us as the Earth is. For without it, we would not exist...

Thoughts?
edit on 18-5-2012 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I've thought of the large electron idea before, that's a possibility.

I've also considered that through a dimensional loop we are all individually connected to a star. A star is our mind, and it controls our physical, living bodies somewhere else in the universe.

Interesting question, with a lot of potentially interesting answers.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
A star is a conscious being in a way we can't fully comprehend at this time.

I can't put it simpler than that. Good question regardless, one I ponder often.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Stephen Hawking seems to think stars may be alive, he's usually dead on the money as often as he's dead on his feet. (definitely pun intended)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Holy cripe one question at a time for cripes sakes ?

All I know is the sun is a star and it has been burning for an awfully long time in a place where I understand fire isn't possible. Supposedly the mechanics to the trick can be explained but it's still a pretty good trick IMO.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

haha that made my day

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
sorry for my ignorance but are all them stars you see in the night sky the same as our sun? in that they are bright hot balls of gas?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
No, they're just really far away suns.

And I mean really, really far away.

You might think it's a long way getting the bus to work in the morning, but that's peanuts compared to how far away the closest star is. It's so mind numbingly far that it if you were to travel at the speed of light to reach the closest one, it would still take nearly 5 years, and by travelling at the speed of light, on returning home, you'd have actually travelled into the future and everyone on earth would be older than age they should be given the time it took you to leave and return.

That's how insanely far away stars are.

Or they're angels... with one solitary twinkly peeper staring down on your soul, making sure you're never unsupervised on gods close circuit television... Big angel is watching you.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The stars are living gas balls of light. They are angels watching over different areas of the universe, making sure that a balance of good stays in the world(s) with the help of their intentions.

A shooting star is what was sometimes called "a fallen angel", it is not "evil" at all though; in fact, it is magical which is why we wish on them today. It is a symbol of the angels being with us here on Earth sending their love of many well wishes.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
They are angels watching over different areas of the universe, making sure that a balance of good stays in the world(s) with the help of their intentions.

How do you know this? What exactly is an angel?...

top topics

join