It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Planet X be visible during the eclipse on May 20th?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Planet X does not exist, there is no evidence at all for planet X beyond pure imagination. I cannot believe the dellusion on this place some times.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Just because an object doesn't produce light in the visible spectrum doesn't mean it doesn't reflect light. Let's go with the Planet Xers favorite scapegoat, the brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs have a composition and reflectivity that is almost identical to that of Jupiter. Guess what? We can clearly see Jupiter. Why? Because it reflects light from the Sun. Any object as dense as a planet is going to reflect light and it will be visible.

Now please explain how Planet X would cause any of those events you described in your post.

Your first sentence is confusing, you are saying an object may not produce light in the visible spectrum and still be visible to the naked human eye?

What is so confusing about that? You've seen the moon before haven't you?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

First, would you care to respond to my last post? Second, let's go ahead an ignore the fact that this 188 day cycle is pure bunk and just discuss this based on previous claims you have made. You have previously said that it is Planet X's gravity and magnetic field that is causing these natural disasters. If that's the case shouldn't we see a marked increase in size and number as it gets closer? For that matter doesn't a stable 188 day cycle kind of disprove the existence of Planet X? Since Planet X is moving there shouldn't be any kind of stable cycle as the variable that is causing the cycle is not static.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Um, how are you going to see Eris? It's way out passed Pluto and it's so dark out there you can't even see a dark planetoid.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Will Planet X be visible during the eclipse on May 20th?

How can something nonexistent and imaginary be visible .... ever?

I wonder how many threads you can make on the same unfounded idea? You're at 3 (or is it 4?) and counting.

This eclipse by the way is not going to be a full/complete eclipse ( at least where I'm at ).

There will be a slight crescent of sun still visible at the top.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There is no planet X

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Gravitational effects like having half of the ten top earthquakes in the last 100 years in the last eight years?

Really OP ? When ppl talk about gravitational effect, there are referring to orbits and wobble of planets.
Not tectonic plates movement that causes earthquakes !
Now before you say that alignment cause earthquakes, please keep in mind that :

The (gravitational) force is proportional to the product of the two masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them

Source
(Double the distance ? Force is 4 times weaker.)

Also, as pointed earlier, so called PlanetX or whatever, WOULD reflect light from the sun, regardless of what kind of light it emits itself.
Unless you have first hand info that the planet is transparent. No ? Yeah it thought so...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
did you know that there are literally billions of objects in the universe that emit light in the non-visible spectrum, that cannot be seen with the naked eye, and can only be seen with special instruments?

Yes, because this quite common knowledge, there are many objects which can only be seen with special instruments.

However, i cannot see any logic behind your theory, starting with your sentence "coming at us from the sun".

If we were to assume there is another planet (which, for some odd reason would not be visible)..why should it be "coming at us" from the sun, and not, as the other planets circle the sun?

What force would make it "coming at us"?

Furthermore...since we are obviously agreeing that many objects can emit "light" which need special instruments to see them..why then would we not know about this planet? I mean we have countless such instruments, earth based and/or satellites?

And mostly, why should it only become visible during a solar eclipse?

If it were so easy that a "hidden" object becomes visible from a solar eclipse, you can bet there would be filters and many other ways to see it, without being dependent on a solar eclipse.

I am sorry that the whole Planet X theory does not add up in the slightest.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

G1.9+0.3

The expanding remains of a supernova explosion in the Milky Way are shown in this composite image, on the left, of the supernova remnant G1.9+0.3. NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory image obtained in early 2007 is shown in orange and the radio image from NRAO's Very Large Array (VLA) from 1985 is in blue. The difference in size between the two images gives clear evidence for expansion, allowing the time since the original supernova explosion (about 140 years) to be estimated.

remains of a supernova,,,,put that in your equation.

G1.9+0.3,,look it up,,,i did ,,years ago,,

G1.9+0.3,,,

ya.

Me.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by flexy123

G1.9+0.3

The expanding remains of a supernova explosion in the Milky Way are shown in this composite image, on the left, of the supernova remnant G1.9+0.3. NASA's Chandra X-ray Observatory image obtained in early 2007 is shown in orange and the radio image from NRAO's Very Large Array (VLA) from 1985 is in blue.

What composite image are you talking about?

edit on 5/18/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Star and Flag for a needed post on something everyone needs to know! I first heard about Planet X/Nibiru in 1997, my uncle, a R&D man for General Electric made me privy to some papers he had discovered while doing research for the company. I still have them, and they tell about a rouge planet in orbit about a Dark Star, in a very long orbital path. They also speak of a race of what we might call giants, who look like human beings.
Now I am more than aware that some people are of the opinion that Zecharia Sitchin made the whole thing up, but that is just not the truth. For one thing, I heard of Nibiru long before I heard of Zecharia Sitchin. I read a book: "Dark Star" by Andy Lloyd that told of the Dark Star. The first book I read by Sitchin was "The 12th Planet" by Zecharia Sitchin.

In all logical ways, the story makes a great deal of sense.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Don't bother. Arguments with him over this just go round and round. When you point out the facts about G1.9+0.3 and why it can't be Nibiru he agrees with you then he continues to post why it's Nibiru.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

So now you're changing your story? Aren't you the one who claims you heard about Nibiru from your mentor who confirmed Sitchin's translations and had seen giant skeletons at the British Museum?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
"For those who believe, no proof is necessary, for those who don't no proof is enough." Even when the proof is staring them in the face, or the lack thereof. With the uptick in strange weather, clocks everywhere getting out of whack, and ice caps melting from underneath as apposed from up top, there are many things that we need to pay attention to and not discount. Also be mindful of those with hidden motives from "trusted" news sources and ask your self why certain things are blasted on the air while other things are strangely quiet.

Why are there stronger earthquakes, why are there more fireballs in the night sky (green even, most I have seen are blue), why where falling objects classified by the bush camp? Why are there whirlpools in the ocean when the last recorded were over a few hundred years ago?

Also, Newton's "Law" (Law=theory) was trying to describe the movements of objects. Gravity is far more strange then we know. There may be other particle flows that we are not aware of, cannot see with our current tech, and may be totally responsible for the way things work in relation to gravity.

So, all of you government shills, tinfoil hat wearing people, conspiracy theorists just calm down. If there is no proof currently for the Planet X/Nibiru, then there may be soon with in the next few years. And, if there isn't then life will go on as "usual" (scary thought that).

But, before you go about saying that the sky is falling, or it isn't get your facts first and then distort them how you please.
Now according to notes, story and lore, this destroyer is suppose to have an iron oxide dust cloud around it. It is also suppose to be a failed Brown Dwarf/Water planet with a magnetic signature of about 20+ times the earth, with the size being about 4 times that of Earth.
Now, if it is 20+ mass magnets bigger, this means it has a huge magnetic signature. That would also explain the dust cloud around it, which explains why it doesn't produce its own light in conjunction with it being a brown dwarf which are not suppose to produce their own light to begin with, just IR heat. This massive object is also suppose to be in a long orbit with "our binary twin dark star" quite a distance away toward Orion's Belt. I have also read that this object is suppose to be in a retrograde orbit. If that is the case, and it is "currently coming in from the sun", then the northern hemisphere might have a hard time seeing it, but those in the south may not. Now, I have also read that this massive object may have a "string of pearls" type of moons. It may be easier to see these moons as "sun dogs that don't move" using a filter, such as welder's goggles, or 2 of the interior of a 3.5 floppy disk. But not every day would you be able to see this object. Why? Perhaps the same reason why the weather is weird, why it is cold one day hot the next, in the middle of a drought then floods come in.... Polar Wobble. If this object is coming from the sun then we have 2 (two) magnets lined up that are in contention with each other over who gets to play with the magnetic field of what is ever in the way.... in this case, earth, venus, mars. If the sun and this object are playing with the earth's magnetic field, then our rotation will not be stable. So, there will be reports of the sun being in the wrong place as well as the moon, stars even; earthquakes would be on the rise. With the plates moving you would get mountain building in certain areas while there would be stretching causing sinkholes elsewhere. You would have the sea floor dropping in places and rising in others causing turmoil with the tides. With this you would have flooding in places where there was little rain to prove that it is fresh water and not sea water in the streets. Bridges would be snapping, pipes would be breaking, oil rigs would be in danger from unstable ground causing leaks everywhere, releasing not only oil, but methane gas that could kill not only schools of fish but the birds that are unlucky enough to be caught in the updraft of such a release.

Kind of like what we are seeing today, no? But, I could be wrong. Take your fluoride, nothing to see here.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

They should take bits and pieces of the information you posted and sprinkle in some of Phage's suggestions and then do some critical thinking.

I'd love to do what you're suggesting with an IR filter but unfortunately, I'm not going to go out and buy a telescope for that.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I think there is something to this.

I thought it was really strange that they built that south pole telescope and the seed vault and the thing where they ran that satellite out of fuel and the newspaper story in the Detroit paper.

And I really enjoy Planet X threads.

And, I have heard , that Obama was actually born on planet x to zombie parents. I should start a thread...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I cannot politely express my feelings on the OP and his repeated, blatant fear-mongering without bringing down the banhammer from the mods.

If there is ever a day of amnesty, I guarantee you will learn some new words.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-5-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If planet x becomes visible it will sort out my argument with my friend and prove me right once and for all.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why does every post about this have to turn into a discussion based on bashing an idea? That's all it is. An idea. A thought.

Why not entertain it, and have a intelligent discussion?

While I personally do not believe in this planet X stuff, it could be possible. The effects mentioned in the OP are most likely caused by us, and the damage we do to the planet daily.

But a massive rouge planet could be possible. It could be invisible to our eyes, because it emits EM radiation in some form that is not visible light. It doesn't have to reflect sunlight. I suggest the bashers saying that it would reflect sunlight no matter what, I suggest you look up the color Black.

A completely black planet is entirely possible. It's composition could be made of an element that is black in nature, or changes colors to something extremely dark due to intense pressure, temperature.. etc.

All the people that are bashing, you sound like the type of people that completely ignore anything that you don't personally believe in. Just because it doesn't make sense in your mind, does not mean it is not possible. Learn to have an open mind about EVERYTHING, not just the things that you think matter. Every moment of your life is a possible learning experience. Every single moment.

Think of how massive the multiverse is (if you believe in that, if not, universe, fractal verse). Why wouldn't there be a planet/star that doesn't reflect light?

Don't get me wrong, I don't really think that there is a planet/star that is running rampant in our universe, simply because I have not seen it or experienced it yet. I'm just saying it's possible.

If you look at the vague history of our species, there are times where it seems civilization is wiped out. Periods, if you will. It fits with this theory because, IF this theory is true, it would follow a cyclic pattern. We really don't know much at all about our existence, so completely bashing a theory is rather ignorant.

You don't have to believe it. I don't. It's childish to come to a forum and just talk to others like you own them. We are all on the same planet. We all have so much in common, but we pay attention to the difference to categorize ourselves.

We've been around for how many years? And we still have the same thought patterns as very early humans. Sure we have advanced technology in massive amounts, but what good is that, if all we do is harm. Harming the planet, harming others, harming other species.

When are we going to evolve? Not even evolve, basically just maturing our thoughts. Stop being close minded, stop being hateful to others just because you don't understand.

Back on topic time.

IF this theory is true, and we cannot see this planet/star/body approaching due to it not emitting visible radiation, and it doesn't reflect sunlight, then what can we do?
We can prepare all we want. If it saves us, great. If it doesn't? Oh well. We're all on to something new.
Think of all the amatuer astronomers. Why wouldn't they be able to detect this? Maybe because they are using lesser technology than that of the military and their organizations. Why would they release the ground breaking tech to the public?
If they did, and people really did see this massive body approaching us (and I say approaching, meaning it is way off in distance, according to our Earth-Human scales) it would send the masses into a panic. Worldwide panic. Think of New Orleans Katrina time, but on a world scale. We would literally kill ourselves before nature does it's work.

Who knows? Maybe it is time to start over. We've used our knowledge (which is small) to make nuclear power and weapons, and plastics. Both of which are extremely detrimental to everything on this planet (except some bacteria, i can imagine).

I can just imagine the amount of people that are going to rage at this post.

Do your best, you will not effect me. I might even learn something from you

I don't believe in this, personally. Just being open minded and having a civil discussion, about possibilities.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by autowrench

So now you're changing your story? Aren't you the one who claims you heard about Nibiru from your mentor who confirmed Sitchin's translations and had seen giant skeletons at the British Museum?

Huh? Friend, I have been hearing about the Dark Star for more years than you have been alive. Multiple sources.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join