It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Planet X be visible during the eclipse on May 20th?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Trappenin

That's all it is. An idea. A thought.

I think you will find that the OP will disagree with you.

He has been very insistent in his threads that he is correct about this "Planet X" issue.

IF this theory is true, and we cannot see this planet/star/body approaching due to it not emitting visible radiation, and it doesn't reflect sunlight, then what can we do?

If it doesn't reflect light, especially if it is as close to the sun as the OP purports, sounds like a black hole, not a planet or another star. Equally as ludicrous as Planet X.

Just saying.

Personally I think the whole idea of "planet X" is utterly ridiculous.
edit on 5/18/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: sp

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

As pointed out, the OP is not based on an idea or a theory. It's an alleged fact, an insistence, that this thing is near and will be destroying most of us very shortly.

That is where the vitriol in reaction to it comes from. No other way to characterize it other than the rantings of a loon or an intentional fear-monger. Because without proof, that's all it can be when it's put forth as fact.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

If it doesn't reflect light, especially if it is as close to the sun as the OP purports, sounds like a black hole, not a planet or another star. Equally as ludicrous as Planet X.

Just saying.

Personally I think the whole idea of "planet X" is utterly ridiculous.
edit on 5/18/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: sp

Sure, it sounds like a black hole. Do you know every single body that has ever existed in our universe? Do scientists?

I said many times I do not believe in this topic. It interests me, because it could be a possibility.

Do I think something massive outside the oort cloud that could be affecting us gravitationally? Possibly, but we wont know for sure until we get official word from NASA, military.. etc. It wont happen. We wont know.

And about his strong feelings for his idea/theory, he simply feels as if he is right. That's all. He may be trying to infringe that idea unto others in order to feel as if he accomplished something, but in essence it is an idea.

What's wrong with entertaining an idea? You don't have to believe in something to logically think of all the possibilities in our universe. Contributing to this thread doesn't have to mean you believe in it.

I guess I'm just different in my thinking. At the end of today, will you feel as if you are superior to the OP, because you "debunked" him?

You and the OP have the same things available. We are all the same species. We are all equal, no matter what the MSM, your family, your peers/friends tell you. We are all ####ing equal.
We might have different physical characteristics, that enable us to do different things. But we all have the power to think. Thinking is our only freedom left, idc if you believe that or not. Look around you.

BOT: Why do people think of our solar system, as if it is a closed system? We were taught in all schools that our solar system happens one way, and only one way. And we were taught that scientists know a lot about our system.

But, come to find out, that public school is complete trash. College isn't really much better, a ploy to get your money and teach you to follow directions, under the guise that you will someday get a high paying job because you have a piece of paper with your name on it, and some title. Which gives that person, personal empowerment. Which, in turn, feeds and strokes the ego. Ego's are uneeded. Period.
The internet is the greatest resource we've ever had, as far as knowledge goes. You wont gain knowledge if you read 10-11 threads about a subject. You actually have to *gasp* stop being lazy and do reasearch about things that interest you, and you want to know about. This includes reading those science articles and papers with their big words that hurt peoples heads because they don't take the time to Learn. If you spend your life doing the same routine, but changing it up slightly, keeping the same main motive, you will have made no progression in your life. That is why we are still thinking the same as our predecessors.

There needs to be a massive campaign, that affects people sub-consciously to make them believe this, it seems.
But really, it's not about what you believe. It's not about how much money you have. It's not about materials or who you know.
Progression beats transgression, every time. Progression into what? Maybe a world where everyone realizes the Hive Mind, where people actually like learning as a whole. That could lead to a society in which everyone has the same opportunities, but you pick what interests you.

If you don't learn everyday, then what have you done? Oh, you made that much money? That's cool, If SHTF, I would love to see you running about with all your money. Maybe you could burn it for warmth and to keep predators away. Oh wait, burning it releases toxic fumes

What a world we live in.

Anyways. I've posted two long almost rants. Time to go camping and enjoy conversations with people that are open minded.

Like I said, open minded means you entertain ALL thoughts and ideas. Not just the ones that seem logical and seemingly matter to you.

Good days and good vibes to all. Peace,

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

What about the great thinkers of the past? Their society viewed them as "loons".

I'm not saying the OP is a genius. I have no thoughts on that subject, because the only place that leads is breeding hate and bad vibes.

I really don't know what to say to you. No matter what you think, the OP's post is an idea. What are ideas? Electrical impulses inside a body, that the brain processes and perceives. None of us know if there is a massive object as described in the OP. I'm not defending the OP.

I'm stating that bashing people and their ideas is what we have been doing for the past whatever-many years. That has led to wars an ostracizing others.

You can take this post however you want. I do not wish to start an arguement. I'm stating my ideas about the OP, and my ideas about your bashing.

I'm not trying to push anything on anyone.

All I am saying, is that the OP's idea could be possible. Like 1/999999999999999999999999999999. But still possible. We probably don't even know a percentage of the universe, and not even 5% of our own system.

And also, while this could be possible, I personally do not believe that the OP's idea could even happen, logically.

If something massive is coming near our system, the symptoms of that, we would not know. As we are today, most people only know their daily routine, and not much else more.

Take the time to think, take the time to research and learn. I guarantee that you will appreciate everything a lot more.

Everything is connected.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

TextWhat's wrong with entertaining an idea? You don't have to believe in something to logically think of all the possibilities in our universe.

Didn't say entertaining an idea was wrong, did I?

Contributing to this thread doesn't have to mean you believe in it.

Yes I am fully aware of that.

You and the OP have the same things available. We are all the same species. We are all equal, no matter what the MSM, your family, your peers/friends tell you. We are all ####ing equal. We might have different physical characteristics, that enable us to do different things. But we all have the power to think. Thinking is our only freedom left, idc if you believe that or not. Look around you

Yes...and? Verbose sort aren't you? Nothing wrong with that obviously, but from my post of a few lines you seem to be addressing me as though I wrote a book critiquing the OP.

But, come to find out, that public school is complete trash. College isn't really much better, a ploy to get your money and teach you to follow directions, under the guise that you will someday get a high paying job because you have a piece of paper with your name on it, and some title. Which gives that person, personal empowerment
How does any of this relate to my post?

More importantly: How does any of this relate to the thread??

If I need pontification thrown my way I suppose I could turn on the religious channel.

If you don't learn everyday, then what have you done? Oh, you made that much money? That's cool, If SHTF, I would love to see you running about with all your money. Maybe you could burn it for warmth and to keep predators away.
Where anywhere on this site EVER have I mentioned money??

Why the lecture?

Having a bad day? Are you just naturally like this?

Do you feel that after your five weeks here you know me well enough to try to school me with your thinking?

ffs

Have a beer or something.

Relax

:shk:

Sure, it sounds like a black hole
That is the only thing that relates to anything I said. You could've stopped with that.

edit on 5/18/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I like it when people do their own research as well, but when they are wrong they clearly have not done the proper research. The main problem here is that you, and other planet X believers, do not have sufficient scientific knowledge of physics, and as a result the physics point to something totally different, which is that this so called planet X does not exist.

This is the same thing that has happened throughout history, when scientific knowledge of certain subjects was not developed yet, or was just plain wrong, and it led to superstitions, fearmongering, and all kinds of bad outcomes. I see a parallel with this particular topic, as well as other topics, because people do not take the time to learn the science behind what they are claiming. They just learn what fits their belief system, their agenda, and either discard or fail to look for the rest of the information. Or they only believe those who share the same views as them.

It should not even have to be explained anymore, considering why this is an impossibility has been explained at multiple times just on ATS. Instead of Googling Planet X's existence, try looking for the reasons why it could not exist, and work from there. That is how to go about it objectively. So all I am stating is that you are falling into this very common and sneaky trap, which can be crawled out of by knowledge. Knowledge is king...Why do you think they are cutting back on public education, lol...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Hell yeah great post, these people will surely see in time that you were tellin the truth. and for the non believers... Why did they mention Planet X in sooo many magazine's back in the 50's and then suddenly less and less information and facts on it until it was completely not mentioned? Why don't you look up jesse ventura denver airport and see what their doing with that +25 square miles! Denver airport is the farthest airport from its city, 2nd being only 4 miles away from its city, there is a reason for that.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Well, first of all, let me say, if you are not interested in this topic no one is forcing you to read this thread.

OK, so are you going to be controversial........

Secondly, this is ATS, not the Ladies Home Journal, so if this topic bothers you then maybe ATS is not the website for you.

I see, if we disagree we should not be here.......

About viewing Planet X

This old nugget, why has the title Nibiru being dropped? Could it be that even the hardened conspiracist has checked what we have been saying about Sitchin....shock horror, whatever next?

Many say, quite reasonably, that if Planet X was coming at us from the Sun (it's nearest approach is predicted to be 14 million miles), that it should be plainly visible. Good point. However, did you know that there are literally billions of objects in the universe that emit light in the non-visible spectrum, that cannot be seen with the naked eye, and can only be seen with special instruments? Well, Planet X is one of these celestial bodies, is impossible to see at this point with the naked eye, because it is emitting light from the IR spectrum AND appears close to the sun from earth at this time (when seen with IR filters). It is best seen with IR filters, one of the best is the red filter from an old floppy disk, and the best time to view it is during dusk or dawn (with an IR filter).

You mean not emitting light like Mercury, Venus, Earth , the Moon, Mars, Phobos, Deimos, Jupiter, Io, Ganymede, Callisto, Europa, Saturn, Titan, Iapetus , Neptune, Pluto, Ceres, Vesta (top of my head list so not extensive). These are all visible due to reflected light from the sun as would Nibiru oops sorry your planet X

Snipped list of every conspiracy going.......

Hmmmm I don't think it is me that should not be on ATS. I'm only here on Sat AM between going to the pub, watching champions league (hoping Chelsea beat Bayern Munich don't want the Germans to win), playing PS3, cycling etc. I suspect your "life" is conspiracies, please go to the pub
......or cycle.......or watch "the beautiful game" which the US doesn't understand

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Some members are very close-minded whenever the subject of this Planet X comes up. They have made their mind up it doesn't exist and no amount of arguing is going to matter to them. Only real proof like seeing it, and that is allegedly hard to do since it is said to be coming swinging around the sun and lost in its glare. Also, it is said to have a very dense dust cloud. Wouldn't that shroud it from direct view? Now I don't say its definitely there as fact (yet) but there have been sightings of a double-sun and occasional orb either near the sun or off to the side. Sundogs or lens flares? Maybe some of them, but not all IMO. Unusual things have been seen on SOHO unless you are just ignoring the 'checkmark' that showed up recently. And what about the odd arrow-shaped blob with what looked like trailing objects behind it?Its not logical to just dismiss these odd things. Lets see if this upcoming eclipse shows anything odd.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jb1958

since it is said to be coming swinging around the sun and lost in its glare

Wrong. Amateurs on earth can get photographs of prominences on the sun, glare is not an issue with the right filters...

I guess this is being close minded to you?

edit on 19/5/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jb1958

Some members are very close-minded whenever the subject of this Planet X comes up. They have made their mind up it doesn't exist and no amount of arguing is going to matter to them.

Unlike those who have made up their minds that it does exist.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jordanAKbramsen

The reason Planet X was mentioned so much in the 50s is because that was in the middle of the hunt for it. When Neptune was discovered it was also found that there were perturbations in the orbits of the gas giants. This lead astronomers to hypothesize that there was another undiscovered planet. In the early 20th century Percival Lowell coined the name Planet X to refer to this hypothetical planet. This hunt sparked the public's imagination throughout the 20th century. However, during the second half as more data became available it became clear that there was no Planet X. This was confirmed with Voyager 2's flyby of Neptune which collected data that showed our estimates regarding Neptune's mass was wrong. With the new mass there were no longer perturbations in the orbits of the gas giants.

At this point the term Planet X fell out of use with astronomers. However, it was picked up by Nancy Lieder who has equated it with Nibiru. This brings us to the current day where Planet X is now synonymous with doomsday.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Something new and different from the OP. ... NOT!

Bring some date to support your rogue killer, brown dwarf, behind the sun, only visible from the southern hemi, hidden by chemtrails, that has done this to earth before.

Otherwise you ARE just another fear freak!

Obsessions are dangerous!

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

the fantasy that its " hidden behind the sun " is utterly preposterous and falsified every 6 months

as for your other claims - i will only ask you for evidence of your assertion that your planet ex fantasy is " causing ` rising tides and affecting the moons orbit `

i have participated in watersports most of my life , and have even spent time working as an on-shore engineer servicing marine equipment

and i see no evidence of ` rising tides ` - nor does any of the industries or sports that depend on accurate tidal data

further - the moon rise / set and position are all still occurring as predicted by a 2004 edition printed almanac and a 1999 edition astronomy program

further no proffesional / ameture astronomor or navigator reports lunar fixes being incorrect

why is it that only wing-nuts think something is wrong - yet can give no evidence - are you going to break the mold - or be predictable ?

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Will Planet X be visible during the eclipse on May 20th?

No because there is no PlanetX, Niburu, wormwood or any other moniker you want to tag to it.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Strange Weather-When has the weather ever been "normal"? It's always changing.

Record Tornadoes-Since the 1970's

Record drought-Since the 1950's

Record volcanoes As many in one year now, as what use to be a decades total.-I'm not finding any record of this anywhere. Please feel free to enlighten me.

Record earthquakes-That's funny-according to the US Geological Survey National Earthquake Center, 2003-2004 were the years we had the most world-wide and we've been in a decline. Both years had a little over 31,000 and now we're sitting at closer to 22,000 in the past few years.

Record crop devastation-The only place I'm finding saying this is another forum about planet-x. Not quite a worthy source.

Floods- Ok, I can go with this

Tides are rising,-This one's true and the NOAA is investigating why

and the moons orbit is off.- Recently-as in in the past few years, scientists have discovered the moons mass is quite lumpy-which can cause it's orbit to be out of whack.

solar flares-Yes, they have about an 11 year cycle, but how would a planet affect this?

pipelines all across the country ruptured-this has been predicted due to a combination of the infrastructure deteriorating as well as the earth shifting.

Meteor showers increasing-Well yes, that does happen as asteroids pass by-which isn't uncommon

Magnetic poles are shifting faster and faster-Fox news did an article on this as well as a Fl local news station but I'm not seeing it on any scientific sites.

The Solar activity of the sun has changed dramatically-I'm not seeing how a planet would affect this...

Cosmic ray intensity has increased dramatically-I'm not seeing how that would have anything to do with a planet either

Bees are disappearing, and they navigate using a solar compass-yea they are

Mass fish die offs-There's also massive pollution of our oceans.

Mass bird deaths-ok, yea

New fault lines awakened in Virginia, & Nevada to name a few-well,l the same old fault lines aren't always going to erupt...

Giant sink holes opening up all around the world-that happens with water flowing underground

The surface of the earth actually creating giant rips in the earths crust on the surface for all to see.-This has been going on for millions of years throughout history.

New geysers seen venting in California-I'm not seeing anything saying this but I'm not saying it's not true either.

What sounds like horns blowing recorded in florida, Russia, etc.-What would that have to do with a planet?

The smells of sulfur or fuel being reported in many areas of the world, the latest reports in California-that's been going on for quite a long time, off and on

Disturbances in our solar system with storms on Jupiter increasing, Saturn being altered.- Mars used to be different, earth has changed, why not other planets?

I don't really see how the majority of those have anything to do with planet-x...if there's even anything to them.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It is the 20th of may and nothing has happened.

The MotoGP is on though

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Some of you people who believe this crap are weird as hell.... I hope you dont have kids...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
The MotoGP is on though

Now wait for the OP to claim Planet X caused that!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

As pointed out, the OP is not based on an idea or a theory. It's an alleged fact, an insistence, that this thing is near and will be destroying most of us very shortly.

That is where the vitriol in reaction to it comes from. No other way to characterize it other than the rantings of a loon or an intentional fear-monger. Because without proof, that's all it can be when it's put forth as fact.

If there was anything of planetary size anywhere near us the gravitational effects would have been known ages ago.

Heck is was the 1st half of the 19th century when the existence of Neptune was noticed and its position pretty accurately predicted by the maths available then.

In the 150+ years since that happened we have progressed to measuring the mass of galaxies from gravitational effects.

any vitriol denying the existence of Planet X in near proximity to the solar system is probably due to the frustration of people who know this, and who are sick and tired of being told that some fanciful artifact of someone else's imagination has more credence than a few (hundred?) thousand astronomers and physicists who map the orbits of the planets with considerable accuracy.

Might there be a planet X in orbit around the sun? Sure. But we know FOR A CERTAINTY that if it exists it is somewhere far away - like the Oort cloud perhaps - where it's gravitational effect is so slight that it cannot be determined using current technology.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join