It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Planet X be visible during the eclipse on May 20th?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well, first of all, let me say, if you are not interested in this topic no one is forcing you to read this thread.

Secondly, this is ATS, not the Ladies Home Journal, so if this topic bothers you then maybe ATS is not the website for you.

About viewing Planet X

Many say, quite reasonably, that if Planet X was coming at us from the Sun (it's nearest approach is predicted to be 14 million miles), that it should be plainly visible. Good point. However, did you know that there are literally billions of objects in the universe that emit light in the non-visible spectrum, that cannot be seen with the naked eye, and can only be seen with special instruments? Well, Planet X is one of these celestial bodies, is impossible to see at this point with the naked eye, because it is emitting light from the IR spectrum AND appears close to the sun from earth at this time (when seen with IR filters). It is best seen with IR filters, one of the best is the red filter from an old floppy disk, and the best time to view it is during dusk or dawn (with an IR filter).

Anyway, this eclipse may give many a better opportunity to view it as much of the Sun's radiation will be blocked and sunset/sunrise conditions will be simulated and surpassed.

So view the NASA links to figure out if you live in an area of the Western US that will be in a prime position to view the eclipse, get your floppy disk or other IR filter and camera ready, and if you see anything interesting please take some pics and share!

shadowandsubstance.com...

By the way, for the skeptics, people aren't interested in the Planet X phenomenon just because of a few ancient sayings, Mayan or Biblical refernces, there are many unusual events, most seen before but on a huge increase, that many believe are associated with the drawing near of Planet X:

Strange Weather
Record Tornadoes
Record drought
Record volcanoes As many in one year now, as what use to be a decades total.
Record earthquakes
Record crop devastation
Floods
Tides are rising, and the moons orbit is off.
solar flares
pipelines all across the country ruptured
Meteor showers increasing.
Magnetic poles are shifting faster and faster
The Solar activity of the sun has changed dramatically
Cosmic ray intensity has increased dramatically
Bees are disappearing, and they navigate using a solar compass
Mass fish die offs
Mass bird deaths.
New fault lines awakened in Virginia, & Nevada to name a few.
Giant sink holes opening up all around the world.
The surface of the earth actually creating giant rips in the earths crust on the surface for all to see.
New geysers seen venting in California.
What sounds like horns blowing recorded in florida, Russia, etc.
The smells of sulfur or fuel being reported in many areas of the world, the latest reports in California.
Disturbances in our solar system with storms on Jupiter increasing, Saturn being altered.

What are the Governments of the world doing?

Storing massive amounts of Meals read to eat
Sucking up massive amounts of medication, and pharmaceuticals
Digging under ground bunkers around the world at a world record setting pace
Trillions of dollars dissappearing both from the pentagon, and the from the Federal Reserve.
Governments practicing detainment techniques.
CIA has relocated it's headquarters to Denver
Denver world airport has been turned into a giant subterranean facility.
Denver has the biggest underground water treatment and purification center.
EPA starts closing down it's library network.
GLobal Seed Bank built
Bush buys 98,000 acres in paraguay Father already owns 200,000
Hr5122 bypasses the forbidence of US troops operating on US soil
In 2001 264 dams needed repair, in 2009 over 1,200 damns across america are in need of repair, and the elites are no longer worried about infrastructure.
South Pole Telescope built with infrared capability
NSPD-51 Gives power to the president to take over complete and total rule
July 2007 Vatican closes library that has been opened for over 500 years.
Dutch are preparing for catastrophe, and apocalypse.
2008 3rd infantry's deployed 6,000 us troops on US soil
2011 Space rocks and asteroids are now classified top secret
Climategate was used as an explanation of what is happening to the earth, as the changes became more magnetic in nature, it was switched from global warming to climate change.
Yellowstone National Park has been having thousands of earthquakes.
Chemtrails have been blanketing the earth containing barium, Barium is used for radiation shielding.
Constant media blitz in order to keep the people occupied with one big story after another.
Increasing number of shows are now about survival.
Media black outs on comet information. Anyone remember the Media hype about Haley's comet
Google has blocked out a large area in space next to the constellation of Orion.
Fema Camps built
Mass coffin storage in Georgia.
The propping up of the stock market, at any cost, and any expense, even if it is open fraud!

And the latest suspension of the constitution, executive orders, NDAA, millions of hollow points, etc. etc.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Well, Planet X is one of these celestial bodies, is impossible to see at this point with the naked eye, because it is emitting light from the IR spectrum AND appears close to the sun from earth at this time (when seen with IR filters). It is best seen with IR filters, one of the best is the red filter from an old floppy disk, and the best time to view it is during dusk or dawn (with an IR filter).

An IR filter will refract the light of the sun (that has already been subject to refraction due to the sun being low in the sky) and create a second image of the sun.

You can verify this when Mercury passes between the Earth and Sun as it will also be visible on the second refracted image of the sun(Artificial sundog? -- Where's Phage?).

edit on 17/5/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Just because an object doesn't produce light in the visible spectrum doesn't mean it doesn't reflect light. Let's go with the Planet Xers favorite scapegoat, the brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs have a composition and reflectivity that is almost identical to that of Jupiter. Guess what? We can clearly see Jupiter. Why? Because it reflects light from the Sun. Any object as dense as a planet is going to reflect light and it will be visible.

Now please explain how Planet X would cause any of those events you described in your post.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Well, Planet X is one of these celestial bodies, is impossible to see at this point with the naked eye, because it is emitting light from the IR spectrum AND appears close to the sun from earth at this time (when seen with IR filters). It is best seen with IR filters, one of the best is the red filter from an old floppy disk, and the best time to view it is during dusk or dawn (with an IR filter).

An IR filter will refract the light of the sun (that has already been subject to refraction due to the sun being low in the sky) and create a second image of the sun.

You can verify this when Mercury passes between the Earth and Sun as it will also be visible on the second image of the sun(Artificial sundog? -- Where's Phage?).

As I have often stated, I do not like telling people what to think, I like them to do their own research and come up with their own conclusions. So are you saying people who are interested in possibly seeing Planet X should not check out the sun with IR filters during the eclipse, and just listen to Phage?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
no it will not but some idiot will film a lens flare or some other lighting anomaly and claim they've recorded planet x.. as i've said before learn just the basics of astrophysics and you will see there is no planet x or rouge star in our solar system.....yeah yeah i know it's boring theres no planet x or rouge star out there but boredom is no excuse to twist reality to fit your disillusioned minds....but as most are stubborn and hard headed to listen to logic and reason we will continue this non-sense for the foreseeable future.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Just because an object doesn't produce light in the visible spectrum doesn't mean it doesn't reflect light. Let's go with the Planet Xers favorite scapegoat, the brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs have a composition and reflectivity that is almost identical to that of Jupiter. Guess what? We can clearly see Jupiter. Why? Because it reflects light from the Sun. Any object as dense as a planet is going to reflect light and it will be visible.

Now please explain how Planet X would cause any of those events you described in your post.

Your first sentence is confusing, you are saying an object may not produce light in the visible spectrum and still be visible to the naked human eye? Of course such an object can still reflect light, but not light in the visible spectrum - hence not visible to the naked human eye.

To your second question - how is Planet X causing these effects? Well, it is four times the earth's diameter and 28 x it's mass, and is highly magnetic, thus it is influencing earth magnetically, which is causing increased tectonic activity, which causes many of the effects described.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

As I have often stated, I do not like telling people what to think, I like them to do their own research and come up with their own conclusions. So are you saying people who are interested in possibly seeing Planet X should not check out the sun with IR filters during the eclipse, and just listen to Phage?

No, I am stating that if you use an IR filter whilst viewing the sun when it has a low angle of incidence with the horizon.....You will get a second "refracted" image of the sun.

I was asking Phage if it was an "Artificial Sundog" as Phage is good with optic theory.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
no it will not but some idiot will film a lens flare or some other lighting anomaly and claim they've recorded planet x.. as i've said before learn just the basics of astrophysics and you will see there is no planet x or rouge star in our solar system.....yeah yeah i know it's boring theres no planet x or rouge star out there but boredom is no excuse to twist reality to fit your disillusioned minds....but as most are stubborn and hard headed to listen to logic and reason we will continue this non-sense for the foreseeable future.

So you are telling people what to think, you don't think it is worthwhile for them to research this themselves, and they should just take your word for it?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

How dare you use reason? Dammit, man, can't you see that the whole illusion relies upon the invisibility of Planet X at this point? It's been debunked so thoroughly and so often that its existence can no longer be maintained if it's allowed to be visible. Invisibility is the last straw that can be clutched in this urgent matter; you mustn't take that away.

And don't you even pretend that it would be absurd and entirely pointless for old floppy disks to have had IR filters, either....

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

No, I am stating that if you use an IR filter whilst viewing the sun when it has a low angle of incidence with the horizon.....You will get a second "refracted" image of the sun.

I was asking Phage if it was an "Artificial Sundog" as Phage is good with optic theory.

Well, I'm not sure if that is a fact, I'd like to see some kind of link apart from "Phage says so", but I'm open to the idea.

However, that is the point of this thread. For parts of the eclipse the Sun won't be at a shallow angle of incidence to the horizon, it will be higher in the sky, negating the supposed effect you are postulating.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

You sir are my hero! Everything u have said makes sense. Spread your gospel to the clueless zombies before it's too late. We should just all rampage with looting riots of helpless souls sooner than later before we are on the brink of worldwide catastrophe. I my friends will be taking allll the bacon for my last meal!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

However, that is the point of this thread. For parts of the eclipse the Sun won't be at a shallow angle of incidence to the horizon, it will be higher in the sky, negating the supposed effect you are postulating.

Didn't you say that the best time to see this was at dawn and dusk?

It is best seen with IR filters, one of the best is the red filter from an old floppy disk, and the best time to view it is during dusk or dawn (with an IR filter).

It doesn't seem to show up on either stereo sats.

Is it invisible to satellites using IR filters?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

did i say not to look for yourselfs? no i didn't. i simply said learn something about the subject instead of jumping to conclusions.. i strongly encourage everyone to look into this..you will not only learn something about the universe we live in you will also be able to tell the difference between total bs and ideas that are plausible..this being total bs.. but yeah you go ahead and tell us how the sky is falling..

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
[

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
... there are literally billions of objects in the universe that emit light in the non-visible spectrum, that cannot be seen with the naked eye, and can only be seen with special instruments? Well, Planet X is one of these celestial bodies, is impossible to see at this point with the naked eye, because it is emitting light from the IR spectrum AND appears close to the sun from earth at this time (when seen with IR filters). It is best seen with IR filters, one of the best is the red filter from an old floppy disk, and the best time to view it is during dusk or dawn (with an IR filter).

I think you're confused about objects not being visible to the naked eye. What you're refering to are objects that emit infra red radiation, that doesn't mean that they wouldn't reflect visible light. Consequently, if an object were close enough and large enough to be visible during a total eclipse, then we wouldn't need a total eclipse to be able to see it - we would already be looking at it.

Finally, and this is important. Using an infra red filter to look at the sun is highly dangerous. Use a purpose buiit mylar filter or eclipse glasses otherwise you might seriously damage your sight.
edit on 17/5/12 by Insomniac because: typo

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
ATS is a site for me...with that...I would expect that with as many claims that you have made you would have provided links/sources to support them.

Namely the records that you've listed, we as a civilization have not been recording events in your list for all that long in comparison to how long the Earth has been here...so to assume that it has never been worse than current events is a stretch imo.

My challenge to you would be to supply the readers of the thread with sources to back up your seemingly passionate belief in a rogue planet hurtling through the solar system only visible in the IR spectrum.

Why make the readers go find all the proof when as solid as you claim the proof is? It would be much more efficient and only help support your belief provided your sources are solid and unwavering of course.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

To your second question - how is Planet X causing these effects? Well, it is four times the earth's diameter and 28 x it's mass, and is highly magnetic, thus it is influencing earth magnetically, which is causing increased tectonic activity, which causes many of the effects described.

I would LOVE....LOVE it if you could enlighten all of us as to where these figures come from? SERIOUSLY. If you're going to keep making the same threads about planet x, I may as well get educated about it right?

How do you know it has an atmosphere? How do you know it has a magnetosphere like Earth's?

How does the Government know Denver will be safe from what may happen when planet x gets closer to Earth?

How does trillions of dollars the government lost relate to the arrival of planet x?

What is the relation to planet x and troops being able to occupy American soil?

How do animal die offs on a planet in environmental turmoil relate back to planet x?

How is planet x making earth quakes?

I've been to the websites, I've looked through their jibberish. But you seem to be THE guy about this topic around here, so enlighten us. Share your wealth of knowledge with the rest of us! The community needs you!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

How do you know this if it can't be seen? What is the source of this information? Please do not point to someone claiming to be in telepathic communication with aliens. With the "facts" you're putting out here, there needs be some science behind it.

I see MmmPie beat me to it.
edit on 5/17/2012 by Pauligirl because: slow

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that just because an object doesn't produce its own light doesn't mean it can't reflect visible light. The only object in the solar system that actually produces visible light is the Sun. However, we can easily see the other planets because they reflect the light the Sun produces. The only thing I can think of that would only be visible in the IR spectrum is an infrared cirrus but we would have nothing to fear from an infrared cirrus.

As for the other part of my post, I know that standard rhetoric. What I'm asking is how is its mass or magnetic field causing these changes. What is the mechanism that allows it to cause every possible natural disaster known to Man?

I also have another question. If one of the ways it is affecting us is through its magnetic field why aren't we detecting it? We have a number of instruments to measure the Earth's magnetic field. If another planet's magnetic field began interacting with the Earth's magnetic field it would be clearly detected.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I really enjoyed the read, thanks for the post. Something is definitely brewing, and although I may need a bit more evidence leading to Planet X, I'm not shutting down the idea.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
We know rogue planets exist, but I have a hard time with your planet x theory. How do you know all these facts about planet x....Youtube? I hope you have actually read good scientific evidence on the theory, and not the crackpots that have no clue what they're talking about. There have been claims by scientists that a rogue planet might exist within our solar system, recently by Rodney Gomes. He says there may be a rogue planet lurking in the shadows of Neptune. Again, there is no 'proof' of this planet, it's just a theory. With all the backyard astronomers and countrys around the world looking up into space, it would be hard to hide planet x.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join