It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of Ron Paul’s Presidential Candidacy as Told by His Supporters in Our Comments Section

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
TIME Source

This is a great read.
It is astonishingly accurate and mirrors the desheveled road to failure all the Paul supporters travelled to the final demise of Ron Paul's candidacy here on ATS.

The author's ingenious comments and the Paul fanatic outrageous comments still have me in fits of laughter.

The timeline is spot on accurate. All the excuses are there at every failure, it's like reliving the Ron Paul trainwreck all over again.

example,

March 2012: TIME reports that Paul advisers have had backchannel conversations with other campaigns about cutting an endorsement deal. Down in the comments, denials, paranoia and capslocking continue apace.

edit on 17-5-2012 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Yes, voter fraud and media blackout are things that everyone should just accept. Them darned Paulites are just makin up all these excuses to satisfy their druggie/conspiracy theory egos.

get out of here you troll.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

So are you saying the media should focus on guy that barely gets 15% of the vote as if he got nearly 50%?

I think the real story is why hasn't a rabid internet following turned into more votes. If you did nothing but follow message boards and sites like this, you would think he is sweeping every contest there is, but he isn't.

Is that the media's fault? Are you saying that every person who said vote Ron Paul, then goes out and does it, has had their vote negated or cast aside or not counted? As a media person, that would be the story of a lifetime.

Maybe he is just not as popular IRL as he is on the internets, or popular with those under 18. I know I wanted to vote for him, but when you start saying things like the civil rights act should be overturned, and things like abortion should be left to the states and not simply a woman and her doctor, I have to take pause and wonder what I am voting for. Does that mean if a state's voters decide to re-enslave black or yellow or non-Caucasian people we should just say, "Oh well isn't that state racist." And the constitution didn't outlaw slavery until after the 10th amendment, and a lot of the southern states were FORCED to ratify that amendment so if I am to believe the RP hogwash I am hearing, that is illegal and those states shouldn't be forced to follow that law. Yes I know, we all know slavery is wrong, but I wonder if a lot of rural southerners still look at it that way.

Look, I am sorry your guy lost/couldn't even get 20% or the vote. It is what it is. But I resent most of you RP maniacs who say I am brainwashed or the cause of the downfall of this great country because my thinking mind happens to like a candidate that isn't Ron Paul. You know, you catch more bees with honey, and none of you RP supporters, I think, even knows what honey is.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
My personal favorite is the claim that "TPTB" are afaid of man who never managed accomplish anything in over 20 years in office and who's idea have been soundly rejected by the Amrican people multiple times. All that being said I am sure Paul has some normal not so nutty followers and sadly for them they all percieved as the over the top cultish ones that fill up comment sections and forums. It also sadly reflects on Paul making him look as looney as his followers. The guy is a career politictian and skilled one at promoting himself not some nutty messiah that his followers have made him look like.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I feel sorry for people like you who actually think our system isn't corrupt.

That our media isn't owned by a few select people and that everything you hear, watch, or read on a mainstream media sight isn't manipulated so drastically that they sway the opinion of the average sheep.

I feel sorry for those who are so scared and lazy they just put their trust in those sitting on top of the gold hill telling you that everything will be just fine while they steal everything away from you one small step at a time.

Ron Paul has more support than the media gives him credit for. He just doesn't have the support of those currently in control, and because of that, people like you will follow the lies, drink the koolaid and feel better because you get to be on the "winning team" and you don't care whether or not you're on the 'right' team.

P.S. Time magazine lost 100% of it's credibility ages ago, and more recently when they made Obama person of the year, when he did exactly jack squat. Real heroes giving their lives to save their fellow man, pssshhhaaawww those guys aren't anything next to Obama and his false promises that make people feel warm and fuzzy. He doesn't even have to deliver on those promises, just making them in front of the camera was good enough for Time.
edit on 17-5-2012 by tpsreporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight76

We'll see but the numbers you pull are from sources that cannot he trusted... From places who probably even assist in the fraud. But, I will not argue with you and give that "excuse" because I don't want to be looked at as a troll like the OP. But, I will say that I live in Colorado. Here was one of Ron Paul's worst states, yet everywhere I go I meet Ron Paul supporters. I am not just talking about a whole bunch of college kids, I am saying that my dermatologist is, dentist, counselor, a large portion of my teachers are, people I meet on the bus an in grocery stores... People in line to buy video games, people at a church I volunteered at. I see them EVERYWHERE so I know they exist--again in a state that Paul did very horribly according to your MSM polls. ATS is one of like three sites I go to, the other two being the website I own and YouTube from ATS links, so don't try pulling the whole Internet I poisoning my mind conspiracy- I don't even own a facebook (yeah I say it with pride).

Are you done yet?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
The author's ingenious comments and the Paul fanatic outrageous comments still have me in fits of laughter.

You have to laugh at the sheer volume of ridiculous cliches, buzzwords and catch phrases constantly thrown around by the supporters. It's like they don't have an original, articulate thought in their heads. I know that the comments were likely selected because of that, to illustrate a point, but I don't see it as inaccurate. The same kind of thick-headed babble can be found in the ATS comments.

Oh, well. What can you expect from politics?

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by PhysicsAdept

Look, I see Ron Paul supporters everywhere too, but does that mean there are Ron Paul supporters everywhere? That's the thing, just because you know a bunch of people who support him, doesn't mean that everyone does. And unless you are from Denver or Boulder, the major metropolitan areas, you can't really gauge the support at all. It's quite different living in a town of a couple million versus a town of a couple thousand. I know, I lived in Douglas, Wyoming (google it) but grew up in Philadelphia, Pa. I mean why do you think it is that his internet following has not translated to votes? Voter fraud? Did a bunch of his supporters just forget to vote? IMHO, his following is a very vocal minority.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I live in Colorado springs, perhaps one of the most diverse places in Colorado. Heavily religious, some very poor some very rich. Lots of military, lots of hippies. Not quite urban but not rural. So when I see so many Ron Paul supporters, though I know it can't be a perfect indicator, I know "15%" I just too low...

Here:
Ron Paul Rally Today in Colorado Springs! (full video and pictures!)
edit on 17-5-2012 by PhysicsAdept because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Look, I see Ron Paul supporters everywhere too, but does that mean there are Ron Paul supporters everywhere?

I just have to laugh at that....When you look up and see the sky is blue, does that mean it's really blue?

Anyway, Paul basically came out on top with delegates in Colorado anyway, which didn't reflect what the beauty contest said at all. The Denver area is packed full of Paul supporters. Even in our highly "Christian" conservative precinct (in Colorado Springs) Paul got second place in that straw Poll, and only lost to Santorum by a few votes. I saw it at the caucus with my own two eyes.
Romney was no-where near Paul, in fact I didn't even hear anyone speak on his (Romney's) behalf.
edit on 17-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah, Romney had like a total of 2 votes right? And they didn't even say anything the whole time hahaha... I have a thread on that too:

My Experience at the Colorado Caucus

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Did you read what he said? the amount of support in the %15 you present is not relevant, why should we overlook and not care about voter fraud? Oh I guess it's ok now huh?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Never said not to care about it, but you have to prove it happened beyond a shadow of a doubt, not just because you think it happened. Hey, maybe it is. Maybe that is why his fervent internet following hasn't translated into big wins in the states. I'm sorry, but if his following was as strong as it thinks it is, he would be doing much better. You know, if nothing else the media loves a good story, no matter what it is. And the media also has all stripes of people in it, and there are certainly those that if they got a whiff of certain irregularity it would be reported. But as of now, I haven't seen anything from a reputable source saying this is anything but people in the real world not being as excited about RP as the people on the internet are.

top topics

join