Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Does anyone know what this strange wobble of the earth is seen from space?

page: 1
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Am I imagining things or does the earth wobble in the video at 50 seconds in to this video?

www.youtube.com...

Anyone else see it? If so, any explanations?

In the comments section there is something about rocket boosters which was posted about an hour after I posted this on GLP, but not by the authors. Given that we see about half a revolution in six seconds (12 hours) the one second of wobble would represent about two hours, and I think it impossible the rockets would be firing for so long.




posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


I think you'll find its a TIME LAPSE sequence.

The shots have been put together to make a video, just a question of lining the shots up properly... Nothing amiss here. Just sit back and enjoy the armchair view of your home planet, you know that view where your telly is, and hasn't been wobbled off, etc.....

edit: Also this.



The images have been interpolated (blended) to create a smooth animation.

(From the Youtube poster)
The images are taken in different wavelengths as well, then recombined, and blended together, its not quite like the pictures we take.

King in the North!
edit on 16-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I thought the earth had a natural axis wobble of 0.2 degrees anyway?



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
didn't see anything! if it did wobble,it must have been very small and quick!



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
didn't see anything! if it did wobble,it must have been very small and quick!


If you look closely at the 50 second mark, it looks like the earth nods.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
I thought the earth had a natural axis wobble of 0.2 degrees anyway?


I believe you are correct, but the wobble at 50 seconds in seems to be a lot more than 0.2 degrees. I think 0.2 degrees would not be noticeable by the human eye.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


I think you'll find its a TIME LAPSE sequence.

The shots have been put together to make a video, just a question of lining the shots up properly... Nothing amiss here. Just sit back and enjoy the armchair view of your home planet, you know that view where your telly is, and hasn't been wobbled off, etc.....


King in the North!
edit on 16-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)


Well, why have they done such a good job on the rest of the video and this one part is off?

Also, if it does have something to do with sequencing, why is that only the earth appears to move and the shadow of the darkside stays stationary? Wouldn't both move if this wobble had something to do with lining up images?



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Having looked at the video again, I'd suggest it was probably the Satellite firing its boosters to keep it inside its assigned box in space. Its obviously a Geo Stationary Satellite so this manouvre would be routine.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


What Michael above me said is possible, which could have altered perspective slightly. Would be an easy thing to fix at the editing stage.

But what seems more likely, the photo slightly out of sorts, or the entire planet wobbling perhaps a hundred kilometres with none of us noticing???

The stalls in schools would have plastered faeces over the walls in other schools miles away...

Also, I present further proof, my coffee, it has not been spilt.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Having looked at the video again, I'd suggest it was probably the Satellite firing its boosters to keep it inside its assigned box in space. Its obviously a Geo Stationary Satellite so this manouvre would be routine.


In this video one complete revolution of the earth takes about ten seconds, so the video is sped up at a rate of about 8640x. The one second of the wobble would represent about two hours, I don't think a rocket could fire for that long, rockets in space fire in short controlled bursts measured usually in seconds.

Also, if it was due to some rocket firing, which doesn't seem plausible, why does the earth only move and not the dark shadow of the earth, that part remains stationary, as you would expect if it was only the earth moving and the wobble not being due to some videographic or any other effects based from the space platform.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


They would not be taking the picture when the rocket (booster) is firing!
Thats like a photographer taking a sitting family portrait as he runs past in his speedos!

It will have been adjusted to keep its geosync as close as possible to its determined position. This is in free fall, from 40,000 k/ms away! Cut it a little slack mate!
edit on 16-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


The boost itself doesn't last very long but it is timed prcesely to save fuel so it provides just enough energy to move the satellite back over to the opposite end of its assigned box. This movement will happen over a matter of hours. The box is 20km wide.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


What Michael above me said is possible, which could have altered perspective slightly. Would be an easy thing to fix at the editing stage.

But what seems more likely, the photo slightly out of sorts, or the entire planet wobbling perhaps a hundred kilometres with none of us noticing???

The stalls in schools would have plastered faeces over the walls in other schools miles away...

Also, I present further proof, my coffee, it has not been spilt.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)


Well, as I mentioned above, if the wobble in the video occurs in about one second, in real time that would represent about two hours, and I don't think that would be too noticeable, but many people around the world have reported that the Sun seems to be setting further North, that would tie into this wobble:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You can do a Google search and see many forums/sites have discussed this topic. And no, people don't mean the differences between the equinoxes and solstices, they mean it sets significantly further North than it did at the SAME time in different years, which should not happen.

edit on 16-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: Bad link



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


They would not be taking the picture when the rocket (booster) is firing!
Thats like a photographer taking a sitting family portrait as he runs past in his speedos!

It will have been adjusted to keep its geosync as close as possible to its determined position. This is in free fall, from 40,000 k/ms away! Cut it a little slack mate!
edit on 16-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)


Why are you telling me that? I did not bring up that point or agree with it but have just argued against it.



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


Ahhh. One of those sorts I see.

No point partaking in this thread any more when an Op thinks our celestial mechanics have gone astray. The thousands of astronomers world wide think all is in its right place, the sun and moons positions are acting precisely their mathematical dance as predicted. But who am I to get in the way of your doom porn.

Exit stage left... :rolleyes:



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


Ahhh. One of those sorts I see.

No point partaking in this thread any more when an Op thinks our celestial mechanics have gone astray. The thousands of astronomers world wide think all is in its right place, the sun and moons positions are acting precisely their mathematical dance as predicted. But who am I to get in the way of your doom porn.

Exit stage left... :rolleyes:


Ah yes..........our astronomers and physicists have the workings of the universe figured out, glad to hear it! We can relax now. Or maybe they don't. 60 years ago most geologists weren't on board with the theory of plate tectonics. 40 years ago scientists struggled to find an answer as to why the dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. 20 years ago astronomers and scientists weren't concerned about comets/meteors hitting earth until they witnessed the devestating impact comet Shoemaker-Levy had on Jupiter. Kind of sad they overlooked/missed something so obvious, that doesn't give me any faith in what the purport to "know".

Let me explain to you how science works. Real scientists relish anomalous phenomen because it means their theories are wrong, and if they perist in examining an anomaly they may discover a breakthrough and aquire new knowledge.

In case you didn't know, this is how all discoveries/breakthroughs are made. Scientists chance upon something that defies their current understanding or something that does not fit their current theories or explanations, and research/examination of the unexplained phenomenon can sometimes lead to new knowledge.

However your approach of belittling and mocking those observing scientific anomalies is more reminescent of high school.

If you think our scientists know all there is to know about the universe, I suggest that you are naive.
edit on 16-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling
edit on 16-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 

The position of the sun is normal, and no, the earth is not wobbling like that (hint, tidal forces affect geostationary satellites too and require active station keeping). I measure these things myself.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This video of an object near the Sun could explain the wobble:

www.youtube.com...



posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE
 


Ahhh. One of those sorts I see.

No point partaking in this thread any more when an Op thinks our celestial mechanics have gone astray. The thousands of astronomers world wide think all is in its right place, the sun and moons positions are acting precisely their mathematical dance as predicted. But who am I to get in the way of your doom porn.

Exit stage left... :rolleyes:


Ah yes..........our astronomers and physicists have the workings of the universe figured out, glad to hear it! We can relax now. Or maybe they don't. 60 years ago most geologists weren't on board with the theory of plate tectonics. 40 years ago scientists struggled to find an answer as to why the dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago. 20 years ago astronomers and scientists weren't concerned about comets/meteors hitting earth until they witnessed the devestating impact comet Shoemaker-Levy had on Jupiter. Kind of sad they overlooked/missed something so obvious, that doesn't give me any faith in what the purport to "know".

Let me explain to you how science works. Real scientists relish anomalous phenomen because it means their theories are wrong, and if they perist in examining an anomaly they may discover a breakthrough and aquire new knowledge.

In case you didn't know, this is how all discoveries/breakthroughs are made. Scientists chance upon something that defies their current understanding or something that does not fit their current theories or explanations, and research/examination of the unexplained phenomenon can sometimes lead to new knowledge.

However your approach of belittling and mocking those observing scientific anomalies is more reminescent of high school.

If you think our scientists know all there is to know about the universe, I suggest that you are naive.
edit on 16-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling
edit on 16-5-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling


Im sticking with the fact that planetary motion is well know - well studied and well settled. Minor variations would cause all kinds of problems and would immediately be front page news. THAT is how science works. Don't come back with "it is being hidden" you can not hide this stuff, science is full of ego, if some astronomer noticed the slightest non predicted deviation - they are off and running, there would be no stopping this secret. On top of that astronomy is a fairly popular and wide spread hobby, whose participants spend much time and money star gazing. We don't see many of those guys coming on the board saying the sun is moving, even though they have a 70.000.oo telescope sitting in the back yard. You tube and a disciplined scientific hobbyist are not equivalents.

here's where you can buy a nice little telescope.

www.jmitelescopes.com...






top topics



 
0
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join