It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know what this strange wobble of the earth is seen from space?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It's threads like this that ruin ATS. Using youtube videos as the foundation for an unresearched, poorly thought out topic for discussion. Where are the rest of the sources on this wobble? Why is there no other information on a global "wobble" posted? Where is there any information at all? I don't mean some half-a*%ed opinion, I mean anything...anything at all that will support the claim being made. Also, don't even post a link to Zetatalk, that's a POS website at best. Looks like a third grader made it on geocities....

Here's how to create an ATS thread now days.

"Hey check out this youtube video! Oh, the research related to the video and any findings I spent time looking for are....uhhh....hey did you see this youtube video?!"

GARBAGE.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
It's threads like this that ruin ATS. Using youtube videos as the foundation for an unresearched, poorly thought out topic for discussion. Where are the rest of the sources on this wobble? Why is there no other information on a global "wobble" posted? Where is there any information at all? I don't mean some half-a*%ed opinion, I mean anything...anything at all that will support the claim being made. Also, don't even post a link to Zetatalk, that's a POS website at best. Looks like a third grader made it on geocities....

Here's how to create an ATS thread now days.

"Hey check out this youtube video! Oh, the research related to the video and any findings I spent time looking for are....uhhh....hey did you see this youtube video?!"

GARBAGE.

There are a thousand threads like this on ATS, the subject of this video fits nicely into the ATS mission statement, and forgive me if I ask people to give me their opinion - instead of TELLING people what they should think and shoving my ignorant AGENDA - driven message down their throats like some do here on ATS.

If you want a detailed astrophysics analysis I suggest you subscribe to "Astrophysicists Quarterly".

And speaking of garbage threads and posts, why is it you just go around complaining about people making up posts from youtube, like this other one you posted:

Why do people look for videos on youtube and then make up BS stories about them? Where's the research suggesting this was man made? Where's the proof? Where is anything but a youtube video that has something that vaugely showcases what your claims are? Threads like this are complete BS.

Why don't you start a fabulous thread that will blow our socks off? Anyway, you go on like you're some long time member of ATS and you've been on here 6 frigging days longer than me, not even one month!

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't make threads because I don't have time to get heavily involved researching bizzare stories. I refuse to type something into youtube and use that as the basis for my "facts".

Sorry, but I don't waste my time or other peoples time with nonsense.

Also, I've been coming here since I was a junior in high school back in 2004 looking into alien conspiracy theories. But lately, more and more jackoffs have been flooding into ATS with threads like this. Thus, deciding to finally cave in to make an account to alert the mods of well...threads like this.

You can blame the "stargate" on the sun BS that took over for a few weeks as the major cause to me actually wanting to reply to some of the asinine things people keep trying to get others to buy into. Whereever there is a terrible thread without thought, or research onvolved in the slightests I will be there to report it to a moderator.

I don't come here for BS.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
I don't make threads because I don't have time to get heavily involved researching bizzare stories. I refuse to type something into youtube and use that as the basis for my "facts".

Oh, but you have time to get heavily involved in criticizing others threads. It's so easy to be a critic. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

I don't come here for BS.

Are you being forced to read these threads? There are many threads I may feel are BS, but my time is valuable so I don't waste my time trying to change other people, and focus on the threads I feel are valuable or interesting. Also, this website is about all manner of conspiracies, the paranormal, the unexplained - just about everything whacky that you won't find on other sites. So if you think a thread is BS read other threads or stick to Huffington Post which may be more your speed.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well. My coffee still hasn't been spilt. In fact, I haven't fallen out of my chair either!

I had a trip in my folks car this morning, which is nice because they have a GPS in it. Pretty fancy dancy tech it is. It actually knew where we were! Apart from trying to tell us to go right at a truck stop, it was spot on the whole trip.

If the earth did indeed go all wibbbbly wobbbbly, would not the gps satellites be telling me I'm in a dam or the sea or something? Nope, so are you saying that as the earth wobbled the worlds satelites all stayed in perfect sync??

Furthermore, try this:

Look straight ahead, now move your head side to side, you know like wobbbble it a bit. Is it the room moving from side to side, or your head?

(not sure why I'm still trying to convince you....)
edit on 17-5-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Am I imagining things or does the earth wobble in the video at 50 seconds in to this video?

www.youtube.com...

Anyone else see it? If so, any explanations?

In the comments section there is something about rocket boosters which was posted about an hour after I posted this on GLP, but not by the authors. Given that we see about half a revolution in six seconds (12 hours) the one second of wobble would represent about two hours, and I think it impossible the rockets would be firing for so long.

First of all, this is not a true "video movie", but rather a collection of still images strung together to create a time-lapse movie animation. With that in mind, the wobble could simply be one still-image frame in the "movie" taken when the satellite was in a slightly different position than it was for all the other still-image frames.

Therefore, that frame could have been picture taken before and after a two separate quick thruster burns over a two hour time period, and not necessarily during a continuous 2-hour thruster burn.

Or (and maybe more likely) the apparent wobble had nothing to do with an engine burn at all, but was simply because the guy putting all of the still images together to create this animation did a poor job getting the orientation of that one frame exactly like the orientation of all the other frames.

That's more likely than a wobble that looked violently Earth-shaking, and large enough to cause catastrophe all over the entire planet, yet was not felt.

edit on 5/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

First of all, this is not a true "video movie", but rather a collection of still images strung together to create a time-lapse movie animation. With that in mind, the wobble could simply be one still-image frame in the "movie" taken when the satellite was in a slightly different position than it was for all the other still-image frames.

Therefore, that frame could have been picture taken before and after a two separate quick thruster burns over a two hour time period, and not necessarily during a continuous 2-hour thruster burn.

Or (and maybe more likely) the apparent wobble had nothing to do with an engine burn at all, but was simply because the guy putting all of the still images together to create this animation did a poor job getting the orientation of that one frame exactly like the orientation of all the other frames.

That's more likely than a wobble that looked violently Earth-shaking, and large enough to cause catastrophe all over the entire planet, yet was not felt.

edit on 5/18/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

If the easily apparent wobble, as you agree is there, is due to bad editing or rocket thrusters, then why doesn't the dark part of the planet move in sync with the light part of the planet that wobbles? If the wobble is due to editing or thrusters, it would effect the whole image and not just part by logic.

Also, the wobble would explain these heretofore unheard of tsunami cloulds:

www.google.ca...:en-US
fficial&channel=np&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&s ource=univ&sa=X&ei=5BC8T7rSAaTo6gH2j6lI&ved=0CFgQsAQ&biw=1282&bih=859

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

The entire terminator line is moving too fast for me to even discern whether it moves along with the wobble or not

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join