It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Watson Of The Sea Shephard Has Been Arrested In Germany

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Answer my question. IF what they are doing is as dangerous as you claim, then why have they not caused any deaths?

If you think that the above is a safe way to handle a vessel and that operating any vessel like that is ok as long as no-one dies, then your a bigger idiot than I gave you credit for.

By your own definition, anyone driving on the freeway is 'endangering others lives'. Must be a scary world for you.

You clearly know NADA about how the sea sheppards tactics work, or even how a ship is built.

Can you honestly take the video above and consider this as safe operation of a vessel at sea?

The following are the COLREGS. The collision-avoidance-regulations are considered universal around the world.

These Rules shall apply to all vessels upon the high seas and in all waters connected therewith navigable by seagoing vessels.

Check them out for yourself!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

So why isn't some official body arresting the japanesse for illegally fishing whales in the antartic?

Somebody has to do the dirty work. Might as well be Paul Watson! We can give him his medal of honor afterwards although I feel he is too modest to accept it.

Carry on with you're trumped charges though. Its hillarious!

It has a lot to do with international law and the anti-whaling treaties that Japan did not sign.

Japan has chosen to opt out of being a part of the anti-whaling treaty so it could continue its whaling under the guise of "scientific research".

Personally, I don't have a problem with it as long as it remains sustainable.

When the industry takes more than the environment can handle, then we have a problem and should act accordingly . Until, that time....I see it as no different than any commercial fishing or farming operation.

What do you define as sustainable and how will we know when it becomes unsustainable if NO ONE is down there to check on them? Are people like you going to wait until every single one of them is dead to act upon the criminals?

At least you are being honest about "under the guise of scientic research" and not just call it research. Personally I call it LYING! Check that word out in the dictionary.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Whales are intelligent, so are pigs but I don't see anybody protesting pork ranches and sausage factories.

I don't see anyone farming whales either.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
In case anyone is interested in actually doing something (from behind your keyboard even) here is a contact list and form letter to forward.

Be nice...

[SNIP]

Mod Note: Why doesn't ATS allow activist recruiment?
edit on 16-5-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
prison in Costa Rica potently? and if he gets extradited he will be with people who problay know fisherman and people who depend on the fishing for their lively hood(legal or otherwise) i would not want to be him in that prison might just be where he dies....

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

What do you define as sustainable and how will we know when it becomes unsustainable if NO ONE is down there to check on them?

Au-contraire, there are many research groups doing just that. Add all of the amateur sightings and we have a pretty accurate idea of whale populations.

Are people like you going to wait until every single one of them is dead to act upon the criminals?

People like me? Humans? Or are you talking in a purely political sense?

Are the Norwegians, Canadians, or any other nation that is actively whaling, guilty of any criminal acts?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Stop Whale Killing and release Paul Watson NOW

Why you would say ?
Because they are extremely inteligent
they care for each other the same way humans do
but compare to humans who can be vicious
they dont know whats hate ..
they can live up to 150 yrs

with all the mass die off on the beachs and the polution in the ocean
radiation from fukishima and BP spill in the golf

we dont live in the old time where the ressources were everywhere in big quantity
so ,.. time to be more carefull.. some people should think with more wisdom
how can it not be more obvious then now .. that we need to change our way of living
there is so many other ways to create good food with proteines
then killing the most inteligent creatures on earth without any limits

but people are hard head .. they dont want to change
they like to be spoiled and profit of any ressources that brings money
we are soon the 21 december of 2012
it was predicted that this date would bring a time of good changes
all i can say .. its about damn time
edit on 5/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Seethe all you like. Fact is, there is nothing noble in what Watson does. It's not about caring about whales. It's not about balance. It's about this man thinking what he thinks, feels and believes is more important than human lives, family incomes, private property, foreign sovereignty, and international law. It's about pushing HIS desires on others. This is the repeated theme with enviro-Nazis. Save the whales ( owls, newts, trees, fairy shrimp....and on and on) and damn the humans whose lives are effected by that self-righteousness.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I think its pretty pittiful that the japaneese are illegally fishing whales in the antartic sanctuary, and officials from many countries are sitting on their ass watching paul watson and his group of amateurish but committed youngsters do all the work.

Then the trolls flood the internet forumns to blame Paul Watson for being a hero. Paul Watson was the founder of Greenpeace but apparently got disgusted from the lack of concern shown by Greenpeace and thus formed his own dedicated group to do what greenpeace could not.

I actually think Paul Watson is very mild. If I had his money I would have bought 1-2 small submarines and torpedoed the heck out of those vessels. Sure I would go to jail but without much disgrace. Being disgraced is worse than being locked up by some hypocritical state.

I don't know if I'd go quite that far with killing people and I really don't think it has to get much further than what we see Watson doing right now for the Japanese to find this is not viable anymore in pure terms of profit/loss and costs added to the effort by the fight against them.

I will add one thing that may shock a few folks that seem to pigeon hole me personally as this or that on titles and ideology. Who'd think the Rabbit would be about saving the whales? I think it comes down to one simple question though and it's really just one for everyone on this. Are whales feed animals like Salmon or Trout and just a GIANT version of it? Or... are whales sentient life we just don't know the language to communicate with yet? I deeply believe it's the latter. Which changes everything from an activist/extremist concept of protest to attempting to save the lives of creatures who are actually aware and appreciative of it.

Just my views...

* I'd referred to it as activism myself in my first post..but I've spent a bit of time thinking on this since and combined with the Dolphin issues, we really do need to stop hunting down and killing the animals that we can clearly recognize ...MAY... have true intelligence and self awareness just like us. There aren't many that really fit that, so it isn't too much to ask.

edit on 16-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added Note...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm with the Bunny on this one!

Yip, sentient beings, just like Elephants and being killed just like the Elephants!

I seem to recall that the Japanese, especially the younger generation don't really go for Whale meat that much any more in any case!

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The SS has been lucky and that is the absolute truth. The Japanese have shown a great amount of patience and restraint with these fools!
Had I been Capt. of those ships rammed by the SS I would have come about and fired a few of my harpoons directly into the bridge of that vessel and been done with it. I would have broken NO laws of the sea by this and It might have given the morons on board the SS something to think about in the future! The media be damned!

Zindo
edit on 5/16/2012 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
im disgusted your against the people standing up for the whales,those of you slamming this man should be ashamed of your selfs,all he is doing is stopping evil humans killing the whales by all means in his power,perhaps if we all behaved like this man THE WORLD WOULD NOT BE IN THE STATE IT IS IN....
sometimes when protesting fails extremists prevail ,politics no longer works or we would not have flouride in our water,
id say we are not be extreme enough ,,,surely its my childs right as a child of earth to grow up to see whales not driven to extinction...
why must humans do this to the whales and the friggin rainforest to
yeah if i win the lottery watch out ,,im gonna get an army to protect the whales and the dolphins and the rainforests dam these evil psycho humans ive had enough..

CHANGE THE WORLD OR WE WILL ALL DIE

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

When the industry takes more than the environment can handle, then we have a problem and should act accordingly . Until, that time....I see it as no different than any commercial fishing or farming operation.

Look a whale in the eye, five miles out at sea with it studying you right back, as I have, and come back to me and talk about fish farming.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I seem to recall that the Japanese, especially the younger generation don't really go for Whale meat that much any more in any case!

Especially since it is loaded with toxins. The irony is that the Japanese, who expend tremendous resources to build an armada of whale killing vessels, travel all the way to Antarctica to harpoon and shoot whales in the name of research, then seem lost for any better idea than to feed it to school children in lunch boxes.

www.reuters.com...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nietrick
reply to post by intrptr

Seethe all you like. Fact is, there is nothing noble in what Watson does. It's not about caring about whales. It's not about balance. It's about this man thinking what he thinks, feels and believes is more important than human lives, family incomes, private property, foreign sovereignty, and international law. It's about pushing HIS desires on others. This is the repeated theme with enviro-Nazis. Save the whales ( owls, newts, trees, fairy shrimp....and on and on) and damn the humans whose lives are effected by that self-righteousness.

You're right. It's not about the whales, newts or trees. Its about calling attention to the exploited, depleted, polluted resources of this planet. Attaching human emotion to it is just one tactic employed to further call attention to just that. Boo Hoo sells views and arouses attention that might have some small effect on denser minds that allow corporations free rain in imposing their seaborne toxins, and clearcut deserts on me.

I don't care what they think, I care about those who soil our nest. It raises more empathy to protest whale hunting than to protest a "PCB", or a 5000 year old tree than a muddy river bed.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

All you have to do is watch the show.
He endangers his crew all the time.
Most of the guys on there are not experienced seamen.
He has them doing things in extremely dangerous water without any training.
He almost drowned the zodiac crew on the first launch in season 1.
I would say that's endangering people.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Those of you who can't see the inadequacy of this man in his 'So Called Fight' for the whales need to see that this guy is raking in untold amounts of cash and there is no reckoning for what is spent by him and kept by him! No one has audited this organization! His ego is writing checks his crew will pay for sometime in the future. He is going to ,due to his frustrated ego, do something monumentally stupid and get a lot of people killed.

He could accomplish much more with the resources should he take this to international courts. He is wasting resources for his 15 minutes of fame on the screen because it's his ego not his cause being dealt with here!

He has made his point and should now take legal means to solve his problem. He's overplaying his hand here and those who cheer him on in this forum are delving into foolish waters!

Zindo

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Look a whale in the eye, five miles out at sea with it studying you right back, as I have, and come back to me and talk about fish farming.

You're the best.

I live on the east coast of Australia and work in the maritime industry.....Yes I've seen the whales before....Many times.

Go and stare in to the eye of a cow.....there is an intelligence there.

Go and stare into the eye of a pig....there is an intelligence there too.

A whale is no different.....bar being a lot larger.

If we were talking about removing large numbers of whales from the oceans - as was common practise 100 years ago - then I would be totally against it. But the numbers currently taken from the oceans equate to less than one percent(yes

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

I'm against illegal whaling, such as when the Japanese hunt whales in whale sanctuaries, but after watching one season of Whale Wars, I really can't stand this guy and his team. First of all, they're vigilantes, and they need to be held accountable for their actions. Secondly, any other illegal activities needs to be handled by the appropriate legal powers.

What I don't support is them intentionally threatening the lives of other crews in order to protect the whales. They would often damage the other vessels any way they could and often endanger their own lives by placing their smaller boats in front of the larger vessels.

The only point I agree with them on is stopping illegal whaling in whale sanctuaries, with which the Japanese violate by claiming they are doing scientific research.

I don't consider this man and his crew heroes.

news.nationalpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I agree..They have no regard for human life when dealing with whalers

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

If we were talking about removing large numbers of whales from the oceans - as was common practise 100 years ago - then I would be totally against it. But the numbers currently taken from the oceans equate to less than one percent(yes

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join