It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's make ouija boards.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I've come at a junction in my life where I need to see to believe. If these so called ouija boards actually work, then I need to see at least some glimpse of an afterlife and not just death and oblivion. I'm also wondering if they're really as dangerous as others say they are. I know that it's like contacting strangers and not knowing which ones are friendly and which ones aren't. I've also heard before that they can pretend to be whatever they want to be but that does not mean that they're not a demon or something. I dunno, I just need proof.

Who is willing to construct one with me and we share any experiences if any at all here? What else should I think or know about? What safety precautions could I take ahead of time? I've also suffered through the death of a loved one recently and am still grieving, could this make me more vunerable? I'm just asking those here that are into the paranormal mostly.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If you don't know what you are doing DO NOT use one. Why not join a spiritual group or something if you seek communication?
edit on 15-5-2012 by 11I11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

I'd be willing to give it a go, I've experienced the paranormal my entire life but I've never messed with oujui

CX

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ummm.....how about lets not?

Only had one personal experience of this, and have heard enough others to know it's not something to mess about with.

Whether the results are real or psychological suggestion, it's really not worth the curiosity.

CX.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't know how to respond to this.

I want to tell you to be careful and even advise against this course of action but I know a man (or woman) with his heart set on somthing can be. . . difficult to persuade. Especially when I'm just text on a screen.

Also I realise this is not what you wanted when you posted this thread. You didn't want people to come in here and try to talk you out of anything. But. . .

I'll add my opinion to what I'm sure will soon become a dogpile, because I believe it's the right thing to do. I've heard so many stories. . .

Please, take caution!

In this endevour, I wish you luck in all possible ways, though I can help but little.

-Coel

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

I've been a follower of Carnayna since birth. I've cast circled to allow myself to channel spirits without causing harm to myself, thus shouldn't be an issue.

A medium channels through our bodies.
A ouija board, I'd imagine, works in lieu of the body

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

I already know that they're dangerous. It shouldn't take much more than having faith in a higher power for protection and imagining nothing but good energy to keep me safe, should it? I've heard of paranormal investigators imagining light auras around them before to keep the negative beings away. I also know that you have to close the door after you've opened it as to not allow the entities through to stay in this realm. I will do extensive research before making mine and I think anyone else joining in this endeavor should as well for your own safety. I'm not responsible for anything that happens to you.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
I've come at a junction in my life

Heres a junction for you.

You have a fork in the road. The right path is a long journey with hills and valleys. The left path has a Oujii board hanging off a cliff edge.

Go ahead.

Maybe you will have some luck when one of the many negative entities drifts into your room and uses you as a slave to persecute true Christians.

Do a blind date.

Behind the first curtain we have a wingless seraph who will play with you everyday for the rest of eternity.

Behind the second curtain we have a wraith that will take you for free trips through the desolate landscape of hades every day.

Behind the third curtain we have Nemesis. A real nasty seraph who even lets you know their true name.

Whatever comes through that door, will torture your soul for the rest of eternity.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well if you just so happened to live somewhere close to me I would be willing to see what happens, though I believe that stuff is all psychological.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by doomedtoday

Well, me being a practicing hypnotist I think that 99% of occurances are psychological so we would be in the same boat.
And sadly unless you live in PA I don't think I can help you.

As for the fear mongering poster above: What if I merely asked God for protection? Surely if he is so great he wouldn't let one of his creatures be doomed to eternity by one of the enemies if the creature is generally good in nature and helps others etc. Or are we all useless to God because of how many of us there are? I thought God loved and cared for everyone? So many conflicting beliefs.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

When I was in college a few years ago, I led a group into a supposedly haunted building on campus and brought an Ouija board with me. It was around midnight, and we started asking it questions. It answered. In fact, the planchette (wooden piece) moved so fast that it was ripping out hands across the table. I think it gave some of the non-believers in the group something to think about, I know for a fact they were a bit freaked out afterwards.

I think it is a good idea to start exploring this, and healthy thinking. In my opinion, the spiritual world is reality and can be proven by science and experimentation.

A lot of people would warn you at this point that it is dangerous... and it might be, I suppose. We brought with us a shaman who was using a shielding technique the whole time we did our Ouija experiment.

All in all, I commend you for taking action and being willing to do some research on your own. If you need assistance, let me know.
edit on 15-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
While it's easier said than done, I -highly- recommend researching out of body experiences. I think having a first hand experience with your own conscious existing outside of your body would do more for you than experiencing a random entity. And even then, the Ouija Board wouldn't really be any kind of proof at all unless the little glass piece moved by itself or something.

Glad to hear that you need to see it to believe it though, it's a better attitude than what most have. I know that while I highly suspected that such things were real, I didn't truly start believing until I experienced an OBE for myself.

Whatever you decide, good luck. The words "Ouija Board" bring everyone out of the woodwork to tell you not to mess with one, but you are obviously aware of the risks. I wouldn't say faith in a higher power would make you any more or less safe, but keep on researching, don't go into it lightly, and if it doesn't work, don't let that discourage you, just keep objectively looking at other phenomena.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
From 2004 to 2006 I played guitar in a rock band, and after our shows guys would ask me why I had one of those *wee-gee* things on my pedal-board and if it really worked...

My reply would always be: "It adds to my sound by creating a force field created by the good spirits."
They'd always laugh after a brief pause.

I've had the planchette since the mid 80s and it's still on my pedal-board!
Other musicians that don't know me whom I do session-work with look at me as if I had just said "Hail Satan."

After playing with me for a while, when they're comfortable, they ask the same thing...

As a kid, I've tried many nights trying to talk to spirits... I guess I'm not good enough for those elitist, snobbish ghosts!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
FOOL!!! leave it alone! unless you have any knowledge of magick and its workings,LEAVE IT ALONE!!!
you have no idea what your getting into. seriously,heed this warning. this is no joke.
if you want to learn inter dimentional theory,there are many other ways of doing it. you can't learn brain surgery from utube dont try to pretend you can learn about opening gates to other worlds by messing with this.
DON'T DO IT!!! you have been warned.
they are waiting for naive people like you,trust me. i've seen it. this is not a joke.
i have 30 + years studying occult and religion,and i still won't deal with that !
a girl gave me one for a b-day gift,and i burnt it right away.
you do not know what your dealing with,or you wouldn't even have posted this.
do tarot,throw the bones,man.learn to read playing cards or tea leaves.
DO NOT DO THIS!!!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
As for the fear mongering poster above: What if I merely asked God for protection? Surely if he is so great he wouldn't let one of his creatures be doomed to eternity by one of the enemies if the creature is generally good in nature and helps others etc. Or are we all useless to God because of how many of us there are? I thought God loved and cared for everyone? So many conflicting beliefs.

YHWH has just sent His protection to you through one of His true believers. A believer who has turned against his own kind, the Rephaim.

A believer, who has witnessed a lost soul drying up and turning into dust in Hades in under a minute.
Who was only saved after he listened to the believer saying 'have faith in Jesus Christ, and you will be saved'. YHWH was standing behind the believer and gladly welcomed the sinners plea for forgivness.
The face and body was rebuilt and colour returned to the sinners face.

A believer, who has witnessed one of the many mud pits in Sheol filled with maggots and tortured souls lying directly below MS345 New York (google it) where lost souls are given errands to control what mortals think in todays education system.

A believer, who has witnessed where he will return to on Judgement Day in the company of 3 negative entities down in Tartarus if he turns away from YHWH again.

A believer, who has witnessed the lake of fire where all you will hear is fire, because no one has any lungs left to scream from.

Jumping off a cliff is mortal suicide.
Using a Ougii board is spiritual suicide.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you do not believe, then what exactly do you need to see? It sounds to me like you do believe, but that's just my personal assessment based on what you mentioned. I would say to definitely NOT use one of these devices. I have known people personally affected by them, and have heard many other stories. Since I have had a handful of paranormal experience over the years, 3 to be exact, I can definitely say that there is something on the other side, and you are basically inviting them in by using one of these boards.

Really I do not know how or why it works, considering it's just a board, or game, but it does. It probably has to do with people's conscious and even sub-conscious beliefs about them being portals to the other side that gives them their power. Understanding quantum mechanics, and with a few little jumps or assumptions, it is not hard to believe this is a possibility.

From what I have seen, read, and heard, I would say that you are almost guaranteed to attract something negative, IF you attract anything at all. So either way it is a lose-lose situation, therefore pointless to attempt in my opinion. If you really just want to witness paranormal activity, seek out some place in your area that you can visit. There are haunted places in almost every city or town across America, so finding one should not be that hard. Well, maybe not every little town, but definitely the larger cities. There are websites that keep databases of these locations by state, with user comments and stuff, if you want to look for them.

I think that is a much better idea, because the chances of something attaching itself to you decreases dramatically. Another tip I would give you is to avoid graveyards. You want to witness spirit activity, not evil activity, and there is a big difference. I would say that the vast majority of hauntings are not dangerous, but for whatever reason, by whatever mechanism, there are extremely dangerous entities out there, that will make your life not worth living. That is the truth. I am a rational, level-headed guy, and no matter how out there this may seem, it is the truth. And not just a subjective truth on my part. Disregard this advice if you wish, but it is tried-and-true, sturdy, reliable advice.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I am a skeptic when it comes to ghosts but have had 2 very strange and very unnerving experiences with a Ouija board.

I do however think that technology so advanced cannot be distinguished from magic. And who knows this might be a platform for open portals to places I would rather not be…

Personally I wouldn't be around one again. Not voodoo superstition I just think there are things we still don't comprehend!

edit on 15-5-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Those things are no joke. I dont understand why you would disrupt your (otherwise peaceful im sure) life and invite something like that.

Advice, watch the Exorcist one more time and then see if you still feel the same.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think the OP is probably pretty set on their decision, sometimes people just have to give it a go for themselves, but I figure that playing with a Ouija Board is like leaving your doors unlocked when you go on vacation. Is something -going- to happen? Doubtful. But why risk it? Especially when there are other alternatives out there.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Morgenstern89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
i hope you do it soon because i want to know what happens. not everything that comes through one is bad.... i would think. personally, i won't use one because i'm a big ol' chicken.... but i love to hear stories from those who have!
edit on 15-5-2012 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join