It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's make ouija boards.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Pure bunk are ouija boards......I'll make one with you.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So this one time my friend made a ouija board.

We were put up in this creepy hotel for the summer and our friends had started playing tricks on us. One night it culminated. They moved all of the furniture in the apartment into this creepy room with a chess board floor. We saw this and thought that it was a ghost for sure. So, my friend got a piece of paper and wrote the alphabet, yes, no, and got out a quarter.

She got a bottle of salt and drew a circle around us in the room and 3 of us used the quarter. It moved. Each of us said we didn't move it, and right then the pranksters finally admit that they had put the furniture in the room, they had been messing with us the whole time, and that they had to stop us from messing with a ouija board.

It was kinda funny, but still a creepy hotel. I'm sure it was haunted and we could've gotten something.

That was the only experience I've ever had with one. I don't think I'd want to mess with them again.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
People look incredibly stupid when they start acting super dramatic about Ouija boards and warning people against all the hell and damnation they can potentially bring... as if there aren't a hundred and one other ways, that have nothing to do with using Ouija, that result in the undesirables of the unseen world using your life as its playground. If you are marked, then one way or another they will find you. Ouija boards are not required.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If you are bent on having a spirit board to communicate I'd recommend buying a round lamp table. You know, the wooden ones that have three legs that screw into the bottom of the table top. Anyhow, the table top is perfect to create your own board, where you can think of loved ones and put positive energy into the board. It's also circular, which is associated with protection, rather than the box and triangle shapes known to trap and contain.

Anyhow, buy an eight pack or more of crayola pencils and stencil on your letters, the yes and no, hello and goodbye, and furthermore you can decorate it in anyway you wish. It is completely acceptable to infuse religious ideology into your own tools. Particularly for protection. It's your board. My board has a celtic ivy leaf knot pattern all around the outer edge of the board. I also have the sun/moon motif and a row of 0-9 numbers at the bottom. Then I bought clear lacquer, a clear stone from the crafts section, and never had a negative experience with it. Why would I? I created it, with positive intention and belief.

It's the only board I ever recommend anyone to use. The one they create for themselves.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

ok ill say to you what i say to everyone else..

dont do it, who do you think you are, are you will to take full responsibility if you manifest an unwanted, out of control eternal entity to the premises and the possibility of that entity attaching it self to an innocent passer by, example: children walking by would be an easy target.

is the home yours? are you renting the home? if so have you informed the owner of what you are about to do? have you considered who will live on or around the property years form now?
have you considered that you may not be capable of telling an entity or many entity's once they are there, what to do?

please do not do it.

try this instead,

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I just find the sudden interest in ouija boards odd.
It's like an Ouija board marathon!
There's 3 or 4 other threads in the last few weeks about ouija. I wonder why the sudden interest?

Ouija is weird, but I think like most experiences in this realm it is much more mental. I think most of the time it is your own subconscious mind that does the speaking, which is actually kind of cool if you ask me.

I never had a bad experience when I played with it. It was a part of my exploration of spirituality. Seeing if something was out there or not to answer. I did get answers, but nothing bad.

My mom made one out of an old board and a shotglass when she was a kid, and said that it scared her and her friends so bad they wouldn't touch one ever again and they wouldn't talk about it after, so I dunno.

I think maybe it is a good idea to be cautious with them, but not avoid them if you feel curious. Expect the weird and it won't freak you out so bad when/if it happens.

The only way to learn some things for yourself is to explore them for yourself.
IMO

Interesting thread, I'll be following it.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Automatic writing is automatic writing. It doesn't matter if you use a spirit board, pendulum, or pen and paper - different methods attempting to achieve the same purpose. Communication from the beyond.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I never actually used an ouija board. And I'm never going to.
Those things are dangerous, you shouldn't mess with stuff like that:p

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

ok ill say to you what i say to everyone else..

dont do it, who do you think you are, are you will to take full responsibility if you manifest an unwanted, out of control eternal entity to the premises and the possibility of that entity attaching it self to an innocent passer by, example: children walking by would be an easy target.

is the home yours? are you renting the home? if so have you informed the owner of what you are about to do? have you considered who will live on or around the property years form now?
have you considered that you may not be capable of telling an entity or many entity's once they are there, what to do?

please do not do it.

try this instead,

Ouija board, pendulum board -- it's all the same. You're right to tell the OP not to do it and to be responsible, but it doesn't really matter what kind of board they use or if they use any board at all. You can write the alphabet on a piece of paper and have the same results. The point here is trying to contact "spirits," no matter by what means. That's what opens the doorway.

And for the record, OP, in my early twenties I was dumb enough to try it and brought a months-long haunting upon myself; incredibly frightening and nothing I'd wish for anyone else to experience. The entity even lay dormant for about seven years, only to haunt me again when I started feeling too safe and letting my guard down. You really don't know what the hell you're doing. And Whateva is right: once you bring something into the house, it might stay there as a "fun" surprise for the next tenant and their children. And you think God would actually support you doing this? He might save your butt when you're in those entities' grip, but he certainly won't endorse you opening a gateway like that.

BTW, you will never contact the "spirits of the dead" -- all that comes through Ouija boards and what-not are the lower-astral hobos that are hanging about.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Why is it when someone makes a thread about Ouija boards, all of these people come out of the woodwork. Every one of them says omg don't do it, demons will take your soul, you will never be the same, you're opening a door to evil, you will get a demon that will never go away!

Where exactly are these people that have played the Ouija board that have forever demons following them around? Someone give me a real, believable, example of someone who "caught" a demon from the board that lasted their whole life. Find me someone who has died from playing the board. Find me anyone who experienced more than the planchette moving. I've read stories about people being scratched after using the board, etc. But that is it, the story doesn't continue for the rest of their life.

I'm just curious why people claim demons will come from the board and be with you forever when there are really no stories from people saying this happened to them.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Now for a slightly more positive response:

I felt exactly the same way you do now a few years ago, although I came to that reasoning because everytihng was going wrong and I needed to have some proof of the afterlife, just so I could know why I was living here and what the point of it all was.

So I bought an Ouija board, and let me give you a tip for your first foray into this whole thing: Try it out at daytime, in a positive setting, let the light flow in the room (trying this out in the sunlight works just as well) and have plants int he vicinity if you have those, and a glass of water (I'm not sure about that one, but I'd read about doing that and the time I did I had a great Ouija experience), and just envision yourself being protected and willing to seek out the positive side of spirit world.

If you get a bad feeling about any of it, politely ask it to leave and let the cursor go to Goodbye by itself. I've heard of forcing it there but in my opinion that is pointless: You're already letting them control the planchette and guiding the conversation, why would you think manually dragging the pointer to Goodbye would have any effect?
Don't worry if you encounter anything troublesome that refuses to leave, after a while even they will go to goodbye. If you have doubts after a session or if you feel like the atmosphere feels differently in a negative way, burn some pure white sage to clear the room.

A lot of what you get out of these things is what you put into it. If you go into it wishing to regain or find your faith/belief, then that is most likely what you will get. If you go into it wanting a game, you'll be gambling with possibly unfriendly entities, and if you treat it without respect they might feel you need a lesson.

Always be kind, and patient. And if you encounter anything you don't wish to communicate with, break it off in a friendly yet forceful manner. Go into this wishing for positive things, possibly enlightment, and the results can be wonderful.
Good luck and God bless you.

Also, once you find what you're looking for, stop using it.
edit on 16-5-2012 by Lolavita because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I also think that, even though you may want nothing more than to communicate with a lost loved one, this may just not be in the cards for you this way. Use the Ouija board not to seek them out, but just ask to speak to a kind spirit in general.

I also would advice, that if you simply 'must' know via the Ouija board (I know how stubborn I used to be on those matters as well) not to ask about your loved ones on the first try. Try a few sessions, and once you get a feel for 'higher' spirits and 'lower' ones, aka ones your heart and soul feels comfortable with and ones you're slightly wary about, then you can ask a few questions about them to a spirit you feel good around.

I would advice seeking out a medium instead, if that is your primary goal of using the board.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Congratulations. You have taken role playing games to a ridiculous level. You might want to get away from the computer and go camping in the woods for a couple weeks. Fish, hike, stargaze, play with frogs and turtles.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
There has to be some way to make a turbo charged ouija board by combining a Tesla Coil and an ouija board together. Maybe it could zap the spirits if they misbehave?

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I've come at a junction in my life where I need to see to believe.

why ?

i would like you to address this question - if only to yourself - before embracing any spurious beliefs

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Why is it when someone makes a thread about Ouija boards, all of these people come out of the woodwork.

The lore of the Ouija board is all part of the fun, take that away and you are left with a dumb game.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
From all of the "leave it alone" posts, you'd think Hasbro was the harbinger of death.

Personally, I think making your own Ouija board will only put you in the sights of copyright lawyers and not demons.

You ever hear of people moving a Ouija board planchette to scare their friends? I'm that guy.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous404

That was funny!
I like to hear people who have faked it admit it.
Ouija has several different aspects to the game, trust being one of the biggest. Is it you're buddy, or is it the board?

One time we did talk to someone, it was an old miner who died when his mule kicked him. Said his name was Jack. Had a short but interesting story about mining for gold. But there is no gold mines anywhere near where we were, so why a miner mining for gold? The other kid I was with when Jack started talking was totally convinced it was me, and I was totally convinced it was him.

Still don't know for certain 25+ years later.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
i have a friend who faked it once. it was GOOD too. had everyone in the room fooled and i don't think she ever admitted to anyone but me she faked it. the whole thing went on for about half an hour. the other girl doing the board with her almost pissed her pants. i remember being really freaked out but knowing my friend i was suspicious so i wasn't as freaked out as i could have been.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You dont need proof
You dont need to make one
You dont need to open a portal to the dark underworld

Ouija boards will not bring you to what you seek

It will bring you to a dark path with no light

Just Wait and have faith
dont risk your soul just to contact the supernatural
because you are impatient of knowing the truth

doesnt worth it .. trust in the Creator
not in ouija boards