It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benefits of Membership

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am not sure where this will go, could be a sticky, but I just wanted to show the non-members that it is beneficial to register to see the news and to participate. I will give a visual tour of member benefits.

First and foremost, you get to make your own avatar and signature
, for example mine:

Then you get to Star and Flag a thread (star for posts, and Flag for threads) to make them more visible for certain topics you find interesting. It helps them move to the front of the forums or frontpage:

You also get to monitor favorite threads and forums and threads that you have commented on:

You also get to monitor your own posts, your friends threads:

Then you get to create your profile where other members can post comments:

And you finally get to send messages to other members:

If I missed something please add. So as you can see, being a member makes it much easier to follow your threads and topics that you are interested in and easier to follow user comments because of avatars.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I joined for the coupons for cool things like CHIP implants, ATS tatoos, and free massages for pets.

But yeah, what the OP said as well.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I am not sure if people can see this thread if they are nonmembers because it is the board business thread. Please insert it into correct forum if necessary

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
You forgot to add that members see less ads than those who are not logged in:

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by FortAnthem

The ads are all set on a 24 hour cap. That means that within any 24 hour period you're only going to see an ad so many times (it varies between once and a few). We dramatically reduce the number of ads ALL registered members see and further reduce them as your contribution level rises.

That being said, with elimination of the much maligned and complained about "Bronze, Silver and Gold" levels we no longer have exact reduction amounts, it's a gradual decline.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Springer...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't even look at this site without loging on anymore. All the ads slow down my computer and make it unbearable.

As a benifit of participation, as your contribution level (WATS score) grows, the amount of ads you see diminishes until you don't have to look at them anymore.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

What good are all theses benifits as a member when you cant say what you want to say..its pointless on this site.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

Opinions vary. A great number of people seem to be able to participate here without much problem. If there's something you want to say and aren't able, there's probably a good reason for it.

It's a big Internet. I'm sure you'll find an outlet.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
reply to post by LastProphet527

Opinions vary. A great number of people seem to be able to participate here without much problem. If there's something you want to say and aren't able, there's probably a good reason for it.

I have found lots of outlets, thank you.

A great number of people seem to be able to participate here without much problem.

Yea, I have noticed that...for the members that are gold, silver, platinum and bronze and for the posters that have been here for eons and millenniums and especially the posters who knew posters before they became mods, yea, im pretty sure it isn’t much of a problem for them, they have it good, they have an inside source, so of course it wouldn’t be a problem.

A great number of people seem to be able to participate here without much problem.

A great number of people:

Text16d.) Forum Gangs: You will not engaged in an organized collaboration with other members to disrupt thread topics or interrupt the flow of normal collaborative discussion. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

edit on 14-5-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

If you can call GLP that.

Also OP forgot about the chat room..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Chat!!!

Don't forget that nice little button next tools and search!

I also really like the "friends threads" option in the bottom tab options. I add members whose threads I find interesting so I can see what they come up with next.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by LastProphet527

If you can call GLP that.

Also OP forgot about the chat room..

And what is 'glp' and what does the chat room have to do with anything,whats your point !

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Nice thread and presentation!

Yes, this is a wonderful site, fairly moderated, and family friendly. Becoming a member is much more enjoyable than surfing as a guest. The features such as subscribed threads and seeing who replied to your posts is very nice. And, most importantly, having the ability to post your own replies and threads.

Great idea for a thread.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Nice idea of a thread

it will certainly influence many non member to register

You forgot that after a while of being a member
the ads are removed except from the home page
which is understandable

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The biggest reason to become a member to me is that you can create threads, and that's one of the best ways to contribute to the site.

You can't do that if you aren't a member.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Overall I give this place a thumbs up.

Not that my opinion matters,but after going around all the other places,I always find my way back here.
I enjoy the friendships I have made and will continue on,through thick and thin.

Thanks,The Professional for making this thread.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Cool thread.

One of the main benefits of joining ATS, for me, really is the ability to write up replies and post individual threads. This website honestly has some of the nicest and just all-round most Intelligent people I've ever come across on an internet forum and It really is great to be able to interact with all of you, whether It's in agreement or in fact the opposite. Few other forums, especially of this nature, have such passionate and yet civil people regularly posting on it trying to learn about truly fascinating topics, It's great to see and experience.

As already mentioned, chat is also a great feature and It gives us an opportunity to chat with other members in real time, make friends and just get to know other people around here that bit better. I really do wish more people used it as It can be such a fun and fulfilling tool to use here.

Once again though, great thread. It's nice to see the main benefits of membership all in one place. Hopefully It'll help a few more guests turn into members too.
edit on 15-5-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Originally posted by Rising Against
This website honestly has some of the nicest and just all-round most Intelligent people I've ever come across on an internet forum and It really is great to be able to interact with all of you, whether It's in agreement or in fact the opposite.

You should ask some of the old members, I am sure they will beg to differ about this..
Before you say...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Notice how I said "This website honestly has some of the nicest and just all-round most Intelligent people I've ever come across on an internet forum"

I don't particularly care who would disagree aswell to be honest. I mean what I said.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Touche.

And good job on becoming a mod..
edit on 5/15/2012 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Thanks for this, is very handy information. Just this morning I was trying to learn how to flag a thread, after unsuccessfully looking for the FAQ, I found the information by using search. This is actually easier to understand, although, I learned one can not flag a thread until the 20 post rule is met ...

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
double post

edit on 15-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join