It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are dreams a form of reality?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

it's an article actually.
here's the link for you: Robert Lanza
Maybe you could read his "biocentrism"? I didn't so I can't comment on it :-)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
from lucid dreams i've had... then i say that dreams are a 'reality', a reality that is separate from the waking reality of everyday actions & associations with others

i wake myself from laughing at jokes or situations at times..
other times i dream of kickboxing an attacker, & have woke up immediately from kicking the wall & almost breaking my big toe

last week i put my foot through the window blinds (having moved the bed from along side the wall) breaking three of the slats but luckily not the window glass itself...whew !

if we are having spontaneous reflexes to dream actions/events then i would say that the dream reality is itself real...
just like in the normal waking state we react or respond to various stimuli or persons or events and that set of actions validates that one's 'waking state' is in fact a reality

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If it can be experienced, it exists.
You can not experience something which doesn't exist.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by consigliere
I've been wondering this for awhile

1. IF (note the caps) quantum physics is correct, and an observer "snaps" reality into place,, and

2. ALL possibilities exist until "observed",, and

3. Parallel universes exist

Would that not make my dreams, (no matter how ridiculous they are),,,,a form of reality that exists in which I was the observer?

Just a question,,,simply a theory,,,,,gotta run,,,will check in shortly

I though quantum physics dealt with atomic and subatomic particles.
What would that have to do with dreams?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I've been wondering this for awhile

1. IF (note the caps) quantum physics is correct, and an observer "snaps" reality into place,, and

2. ALL possibilities exist until "observed",, and

3. Parallel universes exist

Would that not make my dreams, (no matter how ridiculous they are),,,,a form of reality that exists in which I was the observer?

Just a question,,,simply a theory,,,,,gotta run,,,will check in shortly

Go to 45 minute mark or watch the whole film when you've got time. Not just entertaining viewing, but a real consciousness-expander.

Peace Out

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Thanks for the comments.

It was just one of those twilight zone/ outer limits/ night gallery (for us older folks) moments

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Wouldn't dreams be considered reality since we are "awake" and "dreaming" in the same "reality"? Now if you're considering them being alternate lives, such as on the matrix, then this may be the debatable question.

Take lucid dreaming for instance: I've been able to have lucid dreams about a handful of times, but each time I can feel myself awakening out of the state and I cannot hold onto the dream for very long. I usually try to start messing with my environments and mix things up chaotically, but then I can start to feel myself as I am laying in bed in what we think is the "awake" reality and I wake up momentarily. It's interesting that we can do this - I relate it more towards what we can do during the day with our thoughts. We can manipulate just as much in our minds while daydreaming, but more powerfully than in a lucid dream (at least from my experiences.) I don't really feel like my dreams are reality because I can't hold on to them and I usually feel as though I'm only thinking about this rather than existing in them.

When I have non-lucid dreams, I tend to forget them unless I focus hard on them. Perhaps these ones can be called "reality" more so than my lucid dreams, because I just exist to do what plays on the big-screen of my brain. I have no control over these dreams and I don't try to pull symbolism out of them too hard the day after. These dreams seem to come and go as they please, and have no real string of similar patterns...

I would like to think that these are sorts of alternative universes, but I really only feel like they're all just daydreams running through my head

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Myollinir

But if,,,,all is possible,until observed (Ala quantum mechanics),,,wouldnt my dream be an ovservation of a "reality" I snapped into existence?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Last night I had a dream that I was able to go to different dimensions, or worlds through portals, if that mean anything. Maybe its from too much world of warcraft.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Myollinir

But if,,,,all is possible,until observed (Ala quantum mechanics),,,wouldnt my dream be an ovservation of a "reality" I snapped into existence?
Its not so much observring as measureing something or quantifying somethings that cause the wave uncertaintys to collapse into a reality for us.In our dreams we are neither observeing as our eyes are shut or measureing ect ,Therfore our dreams are not reality as we understand it.Dreams are real but the events that transpire in them are not if that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The answer is yes. And you are in another reality when you dream. You can know this because you can experience it, therefore it is real to you. While others do not have your dream, it is no less reality because you have been there. You saw it, you touched it, you tasted it, etc.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join