It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Name Of GOD

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The ancient hebrews left us with "YHWH" as the name of GOD, but in an abbrieviated form,with all vowels removed, as was custom. Since then many religious scholars have tried to interpret these consonants to find God's name. Some sects of christianity have given us JEHOVA. Our muslim brothers have said this name is ALLAH,our jewish brothers say YAHWEH. Well, what do we all agree on? The first syllable of GOD's name is basically YA or AH. The last syllable of GOD's name is AH or EH . Something muslims, christians and jews can all agree on.(and there are very few things that they can all agree on) The middle part of the name, HW,HO, or LL, throughout all translations,produces essentially a very weak consonant structure, if any . So with all of this and given the pervasive linguistic structure of mankind, it seems that the true name of GOD is "AH HA" or basically " I get it, I understand", "EUREAKA!". "I have found it!". The true name of GOD is the moment of truth.
edit on 13-5-2012 by abe froman because: DIVINE INTERVENTION

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
The ancient hebrews left us with "YHWH" as the name of GOD, but in an abbrieviated form,with all vowels removed, as was custom. Since then many religious scholars have tried to interpret these consonants to find God's name. Some sects of christianity have given us JEHOVA. Our muslim brothers have said this name is ALLAH,our jewish brothers say YAHWEH. Well, what do we all agree on? The first syllable of GOD's name is basically YA or AH. The last syllable of GOD's name is AH or EH . Something muslims, christians and jews can all agree on.(and there are very few things that they can all agree on) The middle part of the name, HW,HO, or LL, throughout all translations,produces essentially a very weak consonant structure, if any . So with all of this and given the pervasive linguistic struture of mankind, it seems that the true name of GOD is "AH HA" or basically " I get, I understand", "EUREAKA!". "I have found it!". The true name of GOD is the moment of truth.

FINALLY!! It all makes sense!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Pretty interesting idea, OP. Speaking literally, I can't say I agree, being a fundamentalist.

Speaking metaphorically, its a beautiful way of thinking about things.!

Have you ever come across the concept of the Shemhamphorasch?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Its actually Yahweh...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
least its not "bob"...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Read the link...WHOAH! I had no idea about this at all,thanks.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Dear abe froman,

Which is more important, the sound of the name or the meaning of the name? While we may not know for sure what the sound was, we know that his name meant "I Am". All that can be is what we call the universe.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Yahweh (Yah-Vey)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

I've always felt he was more of a Derek.

And for ballance, Emily.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The "name" is revealed to each individual once they have chosen to step off the "ladders" of religions into the reason for the "ladder" you have pick it up and got on to it in the first place. The Word is the Presence, they are one and neither can be spoken.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I really like your "ah-ha" moment!

It was really cool to see you put it together with "eureka!"

Very clever and creative. It's always nice to read something different, and in an ocean of interpretations of 'God,' you have given me something new. Not an easy task, as nearly everything has already been said by someone else.

P.S.

Several people have explained to me that the 'real' name of the God of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims can be found by considering their prayers. Not by the first word invoked, or by the body of the prayer... but by looking at the last word of such prayers.

The Jews, Christians, and Muslims end their prayers with the word 'Amen' ('Amin' in Islam).

It is theorized that the word 'Amen' was brought out of Egypt by the enslaved Hebrew people. Amen as being derived from the Egyptian god Amun, which can also be spelled as Amen.

Amun was the king of the gods, being the hidden transcendental deity. Amun could be combined with other attributes in order to form different concepts. For example, Amun + Ra = Amun-Ra

'Amun' sounds like the Christian interpretation of 'God the Father' while 'Ra' sounds like the conceptualization of the Sun, or 'Son'. Amun (Father) + Ra (Sun/Son). Amun-Ra is nearly synonymous with Christianity's Father-Son.

Isis (Mother) + Ra (Sun/Son) + El (Father)= Israel

Amen/Amin
Amun
Amun-Ra
God King-Sun
Father-Son

edit on 5/13/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

People have been trying to discover the true name of God for many thousands of yours, friend. Discover, and say the true name aloud, you negate Creation, it has been said. It has also been said that if you know that name, or number of ANY Higher Spirit, then you have dominion, and command over that Spirit. This what the sole purpose of becoming a Sage, or Magus or Magi.

Is Allah the Name of God?

Allah is the name of the only God in Islam. Allah is a pre-Islamic name coming from the compound Arabic word Al-ilah which means the God, which is derived from al (the) ilah (deity).

The Arabic name for “God” is the word “Al-ilah.” It is a generic title for whatever god was considered the highest god. Different Arab tribes used “Allah” to refer to its personal high god. “Allah” was being worshipped at the Kaa’ba in Mecca by Arabs prior to the time of Mohammed. It was formerly the name of the chief god among the numerous idols (360) in the Kaaba in Mecca before Mohammed made them into monotheists. Historians have shown that the moon god called “Hubal” was the god to whom Arabs prayed at the Kaa’ba and they used the name “Allah” when they prayed.

Today a Muslim is one who submits to the God Allah.

Islam means submission to (Allah), but originally it meant that strength which characterized a desert warrior who, even when faced with impossible odds, would fight to the death for his tribe. (Dr. M. Baravmann, The Spiritual Background of Early Islam, E. J. Brill, Leiden, 1972)

Many believe the word “Allah” was derived from the mid- eastern word “el” which in Ugaritic, Caananite and Hebrew can mean a true or false God. This is not the case, “The source of this (Allah) goes back to pre-Muslim times. Allah is not a common name meaning “God” (or a “god”), and the Muslim must use another word or form if he wishes to indicate any other than his own peculiar deity.” (Encyclopedia of Religion and Ethics (ed. Hastings), I:326.)

According to the Encyclopedia of Religion, Allah corresponded to the Babylonian god Baal, and Arabs knew of him long before Mohammed worshipped him as the supreme God. Before Islam the Arabs recognized many gods and goddesses, each tribe had their own deity. There were also nature deities. Allah was the god of the local Quarish tribe, which was Mohammed's tribe before he invented Islam to lead his people out of their polytheism. Allah was then known as the Moon God, who had 3 daughters who were viewed as intercessors for the people into Allah. Their names were Al-at, Al-uzza, and Al-Manat, which were three goddesses; the first two daughters of Allah had names which were feminine forms of Allah. Hubal was the chief God of the Kaaba among the other 360 deities. Hubal was the chief God of the Kaaba among the other 360 deities. Hubal was a statue likeness of a man whose body was made of red precious stones whose arms were made of gold. (Reference Islam George Braswell Jr.)
source

Allah, the moon god of the Kaba

Allah, the unique name of God

"God" (Job Description, not a Proper Name) is an Energy Field, or Mass, neither male or female, but containing the qualities of both Energies, the masculine, and the feminine. As human beings, people have the right to chose their own faith, or lack thereof, and that's about as simple as it gets. This is why I will never understand the Christian ways of attempting to convert other to their way of thinking?
We should all have respect for the other's faith.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

In the beginning was the word.

Explain ANYTHING without the word. Try it.

And the word was with God.

Where are the WORDS coming from?

You can name the source with a word, but that word is just an emanation from _________?!

P.S. It should be noted that YhWh has no consonants because the name of God cannot be said. You can name a tree, a cup, your dog, but how vain is it to presume to name that unknown creator of yourself?? Names are irrelevant really.
edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
When it says, "God is one.", it does not mean there is one god.
It means the various gods, as a collective, being addressed as a single unit. There being a force which governs it to where, in the end, it falls to being in accordance with a single authority.
In the Christian religion, the representative of that corporate god is Jesus, who defines its intent and character, and so its name, signifying his role using the title of who was thought of as the holder of it in long past times, The I Am, and making sure that it is understood correctly. An example of that verification is the putting of it in the mouth of Pilate saying, "What is Truth" as the closing benediction to the acclamation of Jesus, "for this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me."
What is truth?
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”
John 14:6,7

edit on 13-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It is All. Yes, a bit contrite this is also the name of a laundry soap. Really though,the infinite source we refer to as God is actually ALL.

In everything,everywhere. All the time without end.

The Christians view Jesus as a stain fighter so I suppose its only fitting.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

When it says, "God is one.", it does not mean there is one god.
It means the various gods, as a collective, being addressed as a single unit.

Who are these "various gods"?
and who created them?

Who do you think is better to govern the universe? The One who created it.... or a committee of lesser beings, themselves being creations of the Creator?

edit on 13-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AManYouALL

In the beginning was the word.

Explain ANYTHING without the word. Try it.

And the word was with God.

Where are the WORDS coming from?

You can name the source with a word, but that word is just an emanation from _________?!

P.S. It should be noted that YhWh has no consonants because the name of God cannot be said. You can name a tree, a cup, your dog, but how vain is it to presume to name that unknown creator of yourself?? Names are irrelevant really.
edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

100%

A NAME is only a means to understand that which is beyond our capacity of intellect to know. A name is not the Essence. But a means of understanding the Essence, within our capacity.

Welcome to the site
edit on 13-5-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
The ancient hebrews left us with "YHWH" as the name of GOD, but in an abbrieviated form,with all vowels removed, as was custom. Since then many religious scholars have tried to interpret these consonants to find God's name. Some sects of christianity have given us JEHOVA. Our muslim brothers have said this name is ALLAH,our jewish brothers say YAHWEH. Well, what do we all agree on? The first syllable of GOD's name is basically YA or AH. The last syllable of GOD's name is AH or EH . Something muslims, christians and jews can all agree on.(and there are very few things that they can all agree on) The middle part of the name, HW,HO, or LL, throughout all translations,produces essentially a very weak consonant structure, if any . So with all of this and given the pervasive linguistic structure of mankind, it seems that the true name of GOD is "AH HA" or basically " I get it, I understand", "EUREAKA!". "I have found it!". The true name of GOD is the moment of truth.
edit on 13-5-2012 by abe froman because: DIVINE INTERVENTION

Iam Therfore tell them Iam has sent thee.

Why would he allow anyone of us to ever know the first thing about his real name? When that would immediatly result in it's desecration. It would immediatly defile and curse it. I often wish humans didn't know my name ?

SnF
edit on 13-5-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Who are these "various gods"?
Whatever gods there are. Obviously there are at least three that we know about.

and who created them?
Something we can not understand, that could exist in the void before there was somewhere that a being could exist in.

Who do you think is better to govern the universe? The One who created it.... or a committee of lesser beings, themselves being creations of the Creator?
The universe as an entity seems to follow its own set of rules and exists as a type of ungovernable organism. It is creation.
What is not, would be what appeared when the creation came into existence, once there ceased to be a void. What there was before that, no longer exists, either, so there is no single person who we can point to as the creator, only us, the gods and men.

edit on 13-5-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
HE\she who is the unnameable is the true god.

yaweh is the demiurge.. the being created BY the true god in order to maintain his creation.

the True God created all reality.. then he created a janitor for it.

the Demiurge (yhvh) thus proved himself imperfect by verbally separating himself from his creation.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join