It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California deficit has soared to $16 billion, Gov. Jerry Brown says

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Empathy folks, not all of us in California CHOOSE to be here. You guys sit on your turd thrones atop turd mountain, throwing rocks at us from your glass palaces. You never stop to think that people are not all the same.

Luggage

You too have the power to vote with your feet.

I did - lived in a crappy liberal place Maryland.

Moved to a place that wasn't.

No passport required - no permission from the State required (at least not yet).

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well you do have Hollywood there...a place full of Sh** and people i would rather see dead!"!

So my solution, California can start charging other states and countries to have their waste disposed of right there in Hollywood. Make a huge pile of crap even bigger.

California could rake in the cash.....

Or the world could use the place as its testing ground for vaccines and other such things...11 million on welfare????? cant be true!!! If it is then YOU ALL DESERVE to be in that much debt.....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Empathy folks, not all of us in California CHOOSE to be here. You guys sit on your turd thrones atop turd mountain, throwing rocks at us from your glass palaces. You never stop to think that people are not all the same.

Luggage

You too have the power to vote with your feet.

I did - lived in a crappy liberal place Maryland.

Moved to a place that wasn't.

No passport required - no permission from the State required (at least not yet).

Hmm, what did I say earlier:

(Now will begin the "You kick them out of office" arguments, like that is how the world works (Gotta love perfect world fallacies!!))

HA!

So, I need to quit my job. Sell my house (You know how long that takes? Escrow by itself is at LEAST a month.), hire a moving company. Pack my things....

The list is huge, and highly complex.

Yet you say it like it is a "perfect solution" (AKA Perfect World Fallacy)

You know what would be easier? You realizing that there is more than one person in California...

Again I ask, why not get mad at the slave drivers? The ones that have the housing market so it is really hard to sell. The ones that set the taxes, which causes moving companies to charge more pushing them out of my price range. The ones that set the property laws, which causes escrow to last so long. The ones that have agent touching my anus when I want to get on a plane to leave. Or the ones searching my car as I pass through a state border check point, looking for fruit.

Nah, easier to hate me. Cause I have to jump through the hoops that they willfully hold in place...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
Or the world could use the place as its testing ground for vaccines and other such things...11 million on welfare????? cant be true!!! If it is then YOU ALL DESERVE to be in that much debt.....

Hmm, what did I say earlier:

(Cue "I don't care about losers" or whatever ignorant statement comes next.)

So we ALL deserve to be punished because of the actions of a few? I thought that was the other way around?

The needs of the many outweight the needs of the few, or the one.--Spock

It's okay, I understand. Most are programmed to hate me, usually for other reasons. But hey, what's wrong with hating me because of where my house is? (Nothing!)

Hate is usually based in ignorance, this time it's a little bit of bigotry too. But hey, bigotry is ignorance so I guess it is all good! Just remember to dutifully follow that "us versus them" programming!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Nah, easier to hate me. Cause I have to jump through the hoops that they willfully hold in place...

I don't hate you at all, I don't know you. I blame Californians in general for the maliase there like I blame all American's (myself included) for our problems. We, as a group via our poor choices have made our beds.

What I am saying is that you can:

1. fight the system (fairly fruitless)

2. change it (not really possible considering the majority of people in California are liberal)

3. or leave it.

I guess another option would be to whine about it and do nothing.. but that's like a combo of 1 and 2.

It's all up to you....

IMO a short sell and dumping of excess stuff (had to do that many times) to get the moving expenses into your budget would pay off in the peace of mind not having to live in a liberal tard hole - but that's me. YMMV.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I don't hate you at all, I don't know you. I blame Californians in general for the maliase there like I blame all American's (myself included) for our problems. We, as a group via our poor choices have made our beds.

Wait, you're right. I should say "hate on"...

Now, you blame me for something I didn't do? Well if that's the game, I get to blame you because of the war in Iraq! (Oh wait, people already do that...) Um, I know! It's your fault people hate Californians! Because you hate on Californians! (What a silly argument that would be, huh?)

So you blame me because other people are doing bad things, got it! (Though again, I think it would work if you got mad at the mis-deed dooers, and not the victems...)

What I am saying is that you can:

Wait a sec, I thought you said:

I don't hate you at all, I don't know you

How can you not what I can do? You don't know me...

1. fight the system (fairly fruitless)

Not at all, I fight it all the time. Like what I am doing now, fighting the systems mental programing. It's a small front, but it is a front none-the-less.

2. change it (not really possible considering the majority of people in California are liberal)

Well, this is the same as number one. Since I don't "fight" with hatred and anger, like some. I fight with knowledge!

3. or leave it.

I don't run away from problems, I solve them.

I guess another option would be to whine about it and do nothing.. but that's like a combo of 1 and 2.

OR it would be like hating on residence of California (whining) and posting in a forum (doing nothing)

It is all up to me, you were right about that part
Of course, I just rebutt with "ditto".

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I didn't add this to my last post, due to it reciving a star.

People have been howling about the "welfare" stuff. Other than howl, I ask: What have you done to help the issue?

Me, well when I was a part of the middle class. I would help folks constantly, place to stay. A shower, meals, clothes. Interviews, then a ride to work.

Of course, before I did those things I would have to help them get food stamps, or some other aid. Thankfully the aid was there, so I could spend my help on "teaching them to fish".

I confess, I have only helped out one "official" homeless person. Who, last I heard, was still holding down a real job (OMG!!) and paying rent. But my help extended to many others who were "fresh into the real world" (High School drop outs, and the like.)

Again, empathy folks. If you can't physically help them, at least be some mental support. True, a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch. But last I checked, we weren't apples...
edit on 5/13/2012 by adigregorio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six
Well you do have Hollywood there...a place full of Sh** and people i would rather see dead!"!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
For you californians on here its the same here in the chicago metropolitan area there are the hard working people like me and then there are the politicians and the useless welfare crowd living off the hard working people who actually pay taxes. I'm sorry to say that the only real solution is the elimination of welfare and salary cuts for all politicians and the absolute end of the entitlement mentality.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Isn’t this the same Gov. " Moon Beam" that just a few months ago signed a Bill ordering California Taxpayers to pay for All Illegals Education in the State ? The Most Business Unfriendly State in the Union is going Broke ? Duh , Who would of Thunk..........

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Not even close.

Gotta love the smug sarcasm on here though.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

You have a good head on your shoulders.

Don't let the naysayers make you feel like # for living in California. I've considered moving out west but I don't like the dim (on here) prospects of finding a good paying job and pursuing my dreams.

Plus, I hear California is more expensive than VT in some places.

Why does it have to cost so much just to make a goddamn living in this country????

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

You'll find out all that you need to know about Gov.Jerry Brown in the track "California Uber Alles" by the Dead Kennedys.

It baffles me how people have such a short-term memory.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why does it have to cost so much just to make a goddamn living in this country????

Liberals made it that way deal with it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Wow, I live in California. Anyone want to insult me directly?

See this Post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Direct the anger at the Lawmakers that put your state into the trouble its in.

Direct your anger,at your neighbors,who voted for these idiots.

Direct your anger,at people who haven't stepped up,and voted them out.

The last one "might" apply to you..................if you live in California.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I'm going to be frequenting business related discussions a lot more because that's where my head needs to be. You're also going to notice that I'm not going to be talking about the political angle of any discussion like this because politics is, for starters, what gets places like California in the messes that they're in.

The main reason I said that is because I think that of the people who really want change for that state, and if there's one state that needs change it would be California, they have to stop thinking the way they have. If it's done anything for them it's gotten them deeper into debt.

Politicians are not businessmen. They're politicians. They're lawyers who couldn't make it. Why people think they're qualified to manage the financial aspect of a state or a country is beyond me. If you want laws to be discussed, passed or vetoed, call a politician. If you want to balance a budget, call a businessman. It's really that simple.

And before people start spouting off on how the two go hand in hand, that you simply cannot tear the political ramifications apart from the business decisions you make, yes you can. A good case in point are the illegal immigrants. From a business perspective, they're ruining California. Everyone knows this. We're all on the same page here. What divides us are what we perceive to be a political fallout of paying for their expenses vs. shipping them back to Mexico. Whatever political fallout there may be shouldn't be of any concern to anyone anymore and, if it is, they're simply putting off the inevitable business decision of getting back on their financial feet in favor of what laws might say.

Political dealings are what got that state into that mess, what makes you think political dealings will get them out? I've got 16 billion ways of telling you that they won't.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
From a business perspective, they're ruining California. Everyone knows this.

Yep gotta agree and the political angle is politicians have run that state in to the ground by buying votes.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
What's REALLY funny is that voters were so upset with Governator Arnold for the same thing.

Bottom line, no revenue = no money to pay for anything = cut in services if tax increases not supported.

Voters voted down a tax increase under the Governator's tenure and then were upset when services were cut. Same thing will happen for this Governor too.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Jerry Brown won't dare approach the issue of Illegal Immigration here.

TONS of us have tried to tell him. On his Facebook page, calls to his office, letters. He says "It's not the right issue to blame".

Yet it is the Elephant in the room and costing us BILLIONS. He will cut everything else. He'll cut services and ask for more taxes. But the Illegal Immigration is off limits.

It's like the boat is sinking and he's saying "water...what water...we shouldn't blame water".

If Californian can't address Illegal Immigration and all the myriad of services that come with the MILLIONS here in public schools, getting WIC and other services for new anchor babies, hospital bill write offs, wage decreases, loss of revenue from under the table employment....he won't BALANCE squat.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
What's REALLY funny is that voters were so upset with Governator Arnold for the same thing.

Bottom line, no revenue = no money to pay for anything = cut in services if tax increases not supported.

Voters voted down a tax increase under the Governator's tenure and then were upset when services were cut. Same thing will happen for this Governor too.

Its sad to say actually.

Entitlement attitude is what is killing California.

Illegals are going to take advantage of EVERYTHING handed to them.

Liberals are going to take ADVANTAGE of being in power,to make entitlement, the bane of California.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join