It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California deficit has soared to $16 billion, Gov. Jerry Brown says

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

mmmmmhm, kids are grown up and are all out, the wife and I are looking for land in Oklahoma.
All we need now is the place we like and the luggage is packed.
The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia will be a distant bad memory.
And I will not have to deal with it's draconian gun laws...

Agreed, if you cannot vote with your wallet, vote with your feet!
ATTENTION SLAVES: we go over the wall at midnight!

Let massa tend his own fields!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

To be fair there is a lot of stupidty in California.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
From a business perspective, they're ruining California. Everyone knows this.

Yep gotta agree and the political angle is politicians have run that state in to the ground by buying votes.

They're trying to mix business with pleasure and this is where it got them.

Now, if they only they would buy out the votes that would be beneficial to BOTH of them..............

Speaking for myself here, I'm focusing on just ONE aspect of business that will help improve the personal quality of my life. Business first. People from California, especially people like that poster from Fullerton, need to take note of this I think. The people of California, even California itself, may face an uphill battle by changing the way they see things and do things that are not beneficial to ways that are.

You can see a lot into that, but what I see is the fact that if you're in a place that makes it hard for you to live a better life, move. It may be hard to improve your life, but not impossible. There was a link provided earlier showing how the voters of California can vote however they like, but the fact remains that the politicians are going to do what they want to do regardless. It's right there in black and white.

Now true, you can still circumvent what they do by doing what you need for yourself, but that's what makes it hard. You and the politicians are at odds. But again, it's not impossible. Forge through until you get what you want then find a place to where it's not so hard to live. Where people are not constantly at odds with you when you want to improve the quality of of your life.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That guy is a tweaker.

One liner sorry.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

To be fair there is a lot of stupidty in California.

I agree with him, but he needs to settle down.

Gonna give himself a heart-attack

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

It almost looks as if you are looking for a reason to fight with all of these issues you bring up.
If not please forgive me as I may be ignorant of your particular predicament.
I myself am planning on going over the wall and have been for a long time, this process takes a bit so start planning NOW!
You said,

I don't run away from problems, I solve them.

The problem I see here, I always considered myself a fairly manly man's man but even I understand the scope of this perfect storm of idiocy going on in Kalifornia.
Only a fool would challenge the hurricane.
This is one of those types of storms where you really should "bug out", it's coming and we're all beachfront property.
This problem will not be solved, it will crash and there will be a recovery effort after the fact.
Bug out.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by neo96

That guy is a tweaker.

One liner sorry.

Yeah he's a tweaker...... one that makes alot of common sense. I wish we had more tweakers like him.

edit on 13-5-2012 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow, some of the people on this site still have the mentality that led to the witch burning/hangings. Us vs. them.

You people are sickening.

Get mad at the common people that have nothing to do with the situation and not the bureaucracy filled to the brim with corruption. Great logic

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Perhaps if California wasn't paying to school children of illegal immigrants, while not receiving anything in tax base from their parents, they wouldn't be in the hole quite so badly.

Interesting that the one state that spends billions on schooling, housing, and protecting illegal immigrants who don't contribute to their tax base is the state the highest in the hole.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Get mad at the common people.....

Who put those Politicians,in the place to cause the problems!

that have nothing to do with the situation...

See above sentence.

and not the bureaucracy filled to the brim with corruption.

No denying it. But,PEOPLE put POLITICIANS in the predicament to abuse their powers,and continue to let them MAKE bad decisions !

Look to Nancy Pelosi as a great example.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Nail on the head. Close the border in California and let the economy balance itself out. Also kick out these La Raza a**holes and southsider gangbangers ruining the beauty of this state. At the cost of sounding racist i work with a few LEGAL immigrants from Mexico, and they are my favorite coworkers. Drama free, hard working, and kind.
edit on 13-5-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Wow, some of the people on this site still have the mentality that led to the witch burning/hangings. Us vs. them.

You people are sickening.

Get mad at the common people that have nothing to do with the situation and not the bureaucracy filled to the brim with corruption. Great logic

It seems to me that the common people put them all in office (some more common than the other.)
Jerry Brown was Jerry Brown long before he was Governor Moonbeam.
You expected him to change?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Even Jerry Brown's own DEMOCRAT constituents, and I mean his VOTERS, are trying to get him to fess up about the true cost of Illegal Immigration.

There was a conundrum. The "tax us more" Lefties, who wanted more services and such saw that the funds still dried up because the money was going to people not even of this country. They realized their politically correct approach to the economy just doesn't work, and now it's going to be confirmed more.

When will Leftists learn? When will the tax and spend people get it through their heads that a Nanny State approach can only last so long? These are the chickens coming home to roost.

Even the Democrats see it now. They tell Jerry Brown this stuff on his FB page all the time, almost every post he makes. But he STILL won't listen.

When your own LEFTIST constituents are saying it's not working, you've screwed up.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It almost looks as if you are looking for a reason to fight with all of these issues you bring up.

I want to apologize for my hostility, but I just can't. Day after day I see things like "Kalifornia", and it is almost always followed by how the populace "deserves it".

Please, how does anyone deserve the treatment people describe as "Kalifornia"? Furthermore, on a larger scale, our federal government. Do we deserve those things too? Do we deserve to be hated for their actions? Or do THEY deserve to be hated?

Methinks the latter...I mean if one must dish out anger at least give it to the proper reciepient and not a fellow victim.

If not please forgive me as I may be ignorant of your particular predicament.
I myself am planning on going over the wall and have been for a long time, this process takes a bit so start planning NOW!

What is "Going over the wall"?

Also "Plan for what"?

All I do is attack ignorance, head on. (Part of that not running from "problems".) I point out the worthlessness of hating me (or another person living in California). I show this is worthless, because I (or that other person) doesn't set the stage. We are only "forced" to act on it.

(Quotation marks imply that a word is more than it means. (IE "forced"))

You said,

I don't run away from problems, I solve them.

The problem I see here, I always considered myself a fairly manly man's man but even I understand the scope of this perfect storm of idiocy going on in Kalifornia.

I don't think any one person could fathom the mess that this state is in, let alone the whole country as a whole. Comprehend, mayyyybe. Regardless, the first step to change is taking a first step...

Only a fool would challenge the hurricane.

The only thing I am challenging are others ignorant positions on the populace of California. And, while California's issues are large, this ignorance hurricane is like the red spot on Jupiter.

This is one of those types of storms where you really should "bug out", it's coming and we're all beachfront property.
This problem will not be solved, it will crash and there will be a recovery effort after the fact.
Bug out.

Again, I do not run from problems. If you run from a problem, the problem just ends up following you. Think about it, if all the Californians left what would happen to the places they went to? They would become "little Californias" and would spread this infection.

Why not treat the source, which is not the general populace (Though they are infected). Take out the big wigs, the people who make the rules.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by babybunnies

At the cost of sounding racist I work with a few LEGAL immigrants from Mexico, and they are my favorite coworkers. Drama free, hard working, and kind.
edit on 13-5-2012 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Doesn't seem to matter where in the U.S. they are either. The legal ones are the good one's.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Political correctness is a cancer. The fact that someone even has to say "at the risk of sounding like a racist" proves so.

We've all been conditioned to think that because we want U.S. citizens to thrive before others, we are all somehow 'racist'.

Cancerous BS.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's the best you can do at this point?

I hate to say it but harboring such a simplistic view of American politics is harmful to your health!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They should of made Pot legal that would have made some good revenue.
2 pot line

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Nope American politics is easy to understand anyone trying to say it's complicated hell go run for congress.

anyone paying attention knows that Californias problems are the result of liberalism run amuck.
edit on 13-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The taxpayer isn't the judicial/criminal justice system. If crimes like bribery is being committed and no one is prosecuting them or there is no oversight, then what can the taxpayer do? Elect another person in and have them corrupted? Which is highly likely due to us being greedy primates. We have no chance of fixing anything until money is completely out of politics.

All you people want to do is complain about people on welfare and ignore corporate welfare, it is ridiculous and your priorities are backwards.

This is just one example, there are a million others;

Wall Street Collects $4 Billion From Taxpayers as Swaps Backfire

For more than a decade, banks and insurance companies convinced governments and nonprofits that financial engineering would lower interest rates on bonds sold for public projects such as roads, bridges and schools. That failed promise has cost more than $4 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg, as hundreds of borrowers from the Bay Area Toll Authority in Oakland, California, to Cornell University in Ithaca, New York, quietly paid Wall Street to end agreements since 2008.

California’s water resources department this year spent $305 million unwinding interest-rate bets that backfired, handing over the money to banks led by New York-based Morgan Stanley. North Carolina paid $59.8 million in August, enough to cover the annual salaries of about 1,400 full-time state employees. Reading, Pennsylvania, which sought protection in the state’s fiscally distressed communities program, got caught on the wrong end of the deals, costing it $21 million, equal to more than a year’s worth of real-estate taxes.

As you can see once they are in the agreement you cannot JUST get out of it

Borrowers from New York to California are now paying to get out of agreements. Altogether, they have made more than $4 billion of termination payments to firms including New York- based Citigroup Inc., New York-based JPMorgan Chase & Co. and Charlotte, North Carolina-based Bank of America Corp. since the beginning of 2008, according to a review of hundreds of bond documents and credit-rating reports by Bloomberg News.

“Money that should be invested in students, classrooms and fixing infrastructure in Pennsylvania is instead lining the pockets of Wall Street,” Jack Wagner, the state’s auditor general, said in a statement in April after calling on lawmakers to ban swaps. “State and local governments must stop gambling with public money,” he said.

www.bloomberg.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join