It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On What Date Did Human Freedom End?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
When I was a child there were a few places left on Earth that did not have laws. There were no immigration laws and a person could go there and live without permission from any entity. Now we have laws for everything, everywhere. You must have permission from a government to do ANYTHING. You are not allowed to breath the air without a permit. When did we gain this control? Where was the last free place?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I don't have a permit to breathe air...didn't know I needed one.

Is that why the FBI is still emailing me?

edit on CSaturdaypm101018f18America/Chicago12 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The day barter system ended and money was created to replace it!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
December 27, 2006.

That is the day when human freedom ended.

now we do as we are told or be destroyed.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Tell me of a place on Earth where you don't need a visa or citizenship to live and breathe. These are permits. You have one. A man can be evading the law and be called free, but he does not have true freedom.

edit on 12-5-2012 by earthdude because: I had more and I forgot an e

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
You are not allowed to breath the air without a permit.

...sadly, that day will SURELY arrive...

... if we keep going the way we are going...

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Freedom is a strange word, seems to me it has varied definitions depending on who is using it. What exactly is Human freedom?

link   
From the moment the universe was created there were laws. It is always a mistake to look at man made legislation and assume it is law. Legislation can no more be law than a map of the United States of America can actually be the United States of America. You can't get from New York City to San Francisco by standing on a map, and you will not ever be free by any act of legislation.

From the moment you took your first breath, you were free. So, on what date did your freedom end?

link   
you should all receive a bill for the sunlight you enjoy if you ask me.

a cool breeze should cost you your first born.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Human freedom will end on the day that the last human gives up.

2nd

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The day we were born it seems..

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
From the moment the universe was created there were laws. It is always a mistake to look at man made legislation and assume it is law. Legislation can no more be law than a map of the United States of America can actually be the United States of America. You can't get from New York City to San Francisco by standing on a map, and you will not ever be free by any act of legislation.

From the moment you took your first breath, you were free. So, on what date did your freedom end?

I can see your point and hey, we are all stuck in this thin film of an atmosphere on the surface. But I think my definition of freedom and law is more vast. There was a time and a place in my lifetime where some land had no law. There were places no country had laid claim to. I am sure there were. Small mistakes in surveying or lack of exploration left a part of ground or water free from the laws of man. On my first breath, I was bound by the laws of the united states. There was even a law saying that after that breath, I could not be aborted.
edit on 12-5-2012 by earthdude because: more

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

The day barter system ended and money was created to replace it!

This is exactly right. For the root of all evil is THE LOVE of money. The only place you ever thought you were free ? Was in your mind. Eliminate money and you wipe out evil.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

November 22,1963.

Dallas

THREAD CLOSED

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

All people everywhere have certain unalienable rights. All people have the right to life. This is not so because some ancient human decreed it so, it is so because it is natural law. When any human attempts to defend their life from some brutal murderer, they do not do so because they are outlaws, they do so out of a natural proclivity to survive. The seed buried under a rock, if enough sunlight exists to coax it out, will produce a plant that will crawl out from under that rock and to its best to survive. When a pack of coyotes attack their prey, that creature will fight desperately to survive. It does not do so out of defiance to nature, it does so because it is natural to do so, and as such this is law...the law of the land.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The day the music died...

X.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I know this sounds a little bit of skunk works, but there were none. This is only a more highly evolved kind of slavery. The one that denies itself. I have read about it, believe me. A lot. And my conclusion is that the current state of human farming is only just a few steps further from the ancient models. How ancient? The 'gubbment'(call it what you want. it is very old, very powerful, and it is there for longer than one can imagine) has perverted almost all aspects of history. In everyone's place, I would not be sure of history, older than the oldest men alive. But the point is that as long as there are more than one man in this world, there can be no equality. Thus there will be stronger, and the stronger, in time will accumulate even more power. From the weak, of course. This is slavery. 'ccept now you are allowed to choose your own work, you(in boundaries of course) can choose where to live(although, permanent relocation is, by intention, very hard), you can choose what you eat, and thus you will be productive livestock As Long As You Think You Are Free. The moment it becomes clear to you that you are by indirect means, owned by the state, you break down, and become a liability. That is why people like us will be 'Re-educated' by the powers that be. As long as they are here, we will not be free. This is all I have told thru my whole life, but it seems that the common mass holds the word of the mainstream media and the goverment 'education' more than mine.
By the way, this is a thing I have been studying. The automated reaction of the common people(integrated by the telly) when they hear my argument. almost ninety percent of people find the nearest pile of sand and bury their heads in it.
They Want to be owned. It is more comfortable to be livestock, than to actually have to think for solutions, and integrate critical thinking into their lives.
This is why the smartest suffer almost every time in the school. if you really use your brain, the system knocks you out. I do not think the staff knows the machinations of the highest echelon, but I do think that gov't-ed is designed in this way.
P.S.: This is the kind of thing you start seeing one day, and you can never unsee it again.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
True human freedom: existing in the universe without being bound by legislation. We even made up laws for people in space in my lifetime. It could be that the moment we made laws applicable to the entire planet, our human freedom died. So I suppose the League of Nations, or the UN killed human freedom. I hope this clarifies my notion of human freedom. This seems to be part of a consciousness change in humanity and it may have been money that started it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

huma freedom ended the day humans managed to make the transition to agriculture and were so successful that surpluses could be created. At that "moment" the vicious circle of those who have access to that surplus, thus being able to grow stronger while spending less energy started.

this might be a little too philosophical but I think there's much "truth" in it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
When I was a child there were a few places left on Earth that did not have laws. There were no immigration laws and a person could go there and live without permission from any entity. Now we have laws for everything, everywhere. You must have permission from a government to do ANYTHING. You are not allowed to breath the air without a permit. When did we gain this control? Where was the last free place?

You were never free. You were branded at birth with a name not of your choosing, raised in a family not of your choosing, in a nation not of your choosing, and indoctrinated into the values and beliefs of that society without your choosing.

You were born a slave to the system.

How long you remain and what you are willing to sacrifice for the ideal of freedom is the right question.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join