It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On What Date Did Human Freedom End?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The day gods and commandments entered our world.
2nd

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It was the year 6 on the 6th of June.
Well basically pretty much from the begining with religion back then to government control now.
But being free is very much possible, I make my own freedom throughout life for myself and I try and take care of my own. Love unconditionnaly is what I do, it's my thing.

Try and live your freedom within your mind, body and soul. Then Love, True Love transpires.
Take care people one blood, one Love.

Peace

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
When I was a child there were a few places left on Earth that did not have laws. There were no immigration laws and a person could go there and live without permission from any entity. Now we have laws for everything, everywhere. You must have permission from a government to do ANYTHING. You are not allowed to breath the air without a permit. When did we gain this control? Where was the last free place?

i feel the same about our freedoms going away, it feels like there is nothing i can do about it.

every day the government comes up with new ways to laugh in our faces with new rules and new laws to guarantee we get scr*wed over one way or another.

i feel so extremely un-confident in my country, they are corrupted lying sacks of good for nothing control freaks and evil blood sucking monsters(politics)

i can not begin to express my absolute disgust in how things are right now, and i get a headache thinking about how much in control they are, they can make anybody do anything they want, or make anybody disappear and go to jail easily.

they have everyone by the horns, and they aren't ever going to let go.

i feel sick and depressed knowing i live in a world where everyone tells me what to do all the time, i just want to be free, but im not.

can't do a darn thing about it. somebody *********ing save us - the people.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
January 20, 2001 at approximately 12:01 pm

freedom's just another word for nothin left to lose...
edit on 12-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
We lost our freedom when the first group of proto-humans gathered together for mutual benefit. In order for any interaction to be non-violent there must be boundries, whether these are borders or personal space depends on the situation.

There have been times when the system collapsed and people experienced more freedom (dark ages) and times when we as a species had less freedoms.

Nothing is free. We do pay for the air we breath, it's called taxes and as a citizen you are required to pay.

The huge issue we face is room to grow. In our history people simply moved away from the govenrment in order to have more freedom. Whether this was ancient Mesopotamia or the British Empire, the further you were from the capitol the less control they had on your life. We as a people simply have nowhere left to move to in order to maintain a semblance of control of our own lives.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
We lost our freedom when the first group of proto-humans gathered together for mutual benefit.

I like that one. It was at the moment that one primate told another to defecate away from the group.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Human freedom ended on August 29, 1913... the day the Federal Reserve Act was introduced on the House floor.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
We got a Moses when he threw down the 10 commandments but no original sin (eating the apple in Eden) theory. I could be we lost our freedom the moment we evolved into sexual reproduction. We were so free when we could just divide through mitosis.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
From the moment the universe was created there were laws. It is always a mistake to look at man made legislation and assume it is law. Legislation can no more be law than a map of the United States of America can actually be the United States of America. You can't get from New York City to San Francisco by standing on a map, and you will not ever be free by any act of legislation.

From the moment you took your first breath, you were free. So, on what date did your freedom end?

I can see your point and hey, we are all stuck in this thin film of an atmosphere on the surface. But I think my definition of freedom and law is more vast. There was a time and a place in my lifetime where some land had no law. There were places no country had laid claim to. I am sure there were. Small mistakes in surveying or lack of exploration left a part of ground or water free from the laws of man. On my first breath, I was bound by the laws of the united states. There was even a law saying that after that breath, I could not be aborted.
edit on 12-5-2012 by earthdude because: more

Where are theses places that there was no law or government claiming jurisdiction in your lifetime? Governments and mobs have claimed jurisdiction over the entire earth since the dawn of man.

There were countries whose government did not work. Take for example Somalia. But then, you are right, gangs enforced rules.
There were a few men who had islands no country claimed. I suppose they were free.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
We lost our freedom when the first group of proto-humans gathered together for mutual benefit. In order for any interaction to be non-violent there must be boundries, whether these are borders or personal space depends on the situation.

There have been times when the system collapsed and people experienced more freedom (dark ages) and times when we as a species had less freedoms.

Nothing is free. We do pay for the air we breath, it's called taxes and as a citizen you are required to pay.

The huge issue we face is room to grow. In our history people simply moved away from the govenrment in order to have more freedom. Whether this was ancient Mesopotamia or the British Empire, the further you were from the capitol the less control they had on your life. We as a people simply have nowhere left to move to in order to maintain a semblance of control of our own lives.

no offence, but people like you are why we can't be free. you are why we can't have nice things.

i kinda hate you.

peace.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Freedom ended when Russia sent its entire Atlantic and Pacific Naval fleets to Union Ports to help Lincoln, and America lost its Civil War.

Blame Russia.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I have read this entire thread, and I love ATS'ers on the many responses and ideas...it is why I love it here...but what most have missed is :

Are we talking about Freedom, in the sense of, freedom without consequence, or are we talking about freedom to do as you wish in total anonymity. The latter of course, has never been possible.

You, are indeed still free...there, however are always costs for freedom...and there always has been.

I have the freedom not to eat...there is a cost...a consequence, to this freedom to act.

We are free to do anything our hearts desire...laws do not limit this, only spell out the consequences to a particular free action on our part.

Freedom comes from within...what are you willing to pay for being free as you see it...choose not to breathe...good luck with that one cause, the survival instinct kicks in and again, you will be fighting forces for your freedom, and not from the laws of man might I add.

freedom is a word, and as a word caries many definitions...I say:

freedom is an illusion...and has no real meaning...nor has it ever.

Choice however, has meaning and can be powerful...but again we choose our consequences.

Peace....that is a choice, not a freedom...it takes action, and action costs....what are you willing to spend on your choices?...that is the true meaning of freedom...and it has never ended.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Andronian because: just because.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Andronian because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2012 by Andronian because: grammar...lol

edit on 13-5-2012 by Andronian because: damn my high school english teacher....puctuation....maybe I should choose to, be a rebel

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I think the media had alot to do with it. Whoever controls the media controls the opinion of the people. If some guy wanted to go live in the woods on his own with no electricity or car he would be labeled a crazy guy and a danger to society. For some reason it's unspeakable to just disappear into nature and live free like our ancestors did.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Freedom in the UK ended on 2 May 1997

Freedom in America ended on January 20, 2001

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

We got a Moses when he threw down the 10 commandments but no original sin (eating the apple in Eden) theory. I could be we lost our freedom the moment we evolved into sexual reproduction. We were so free when we could just divide through mitosis.

If you want to go the God way, our freedom ended when Adam was created. He was told about the limitations to his stay i Eden.
You are not free if somebody tells you that you are free "except....".

Even our precious free will was set with conditions, but this time by man.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The day the first community was organized.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

That kinda threw me, I am the reason we can't have nice things?

I was just stating my opinion on history.

I kinda hate you now too, so no worries.

When exactly do you think mankind lost it's freedom? Other than blaming me of course.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I agree, but just because you think you are free - you are not, freedom is an illusion. let me explain. any system you subscribe to, makes you a slave to it. therefore, you can never be free in a society -- when I look at a creature - now being a creature you are really free - if your not captive that is, then you are free. that is the purest definition of freedom, you are free to starve, die - to be eaten -- etc. when you distance yourself from pure freedom then you become a slave of the systems in which you subcribe. I'm sure you can understand that we are creatures and we are putting systems between us and the randomness of ultimate definition of Freedom - so the more we evolve the less free we will be. until the word freedom is irrelavant and the system you subcribe will remove you of your freedom to choose. history suggests that as a whole we have exceeded the peak of personal freedom and expediously retreating individual freedom to make your choices irrelavant in the face of the systems we have subcribed and you will not have the right to freedom or choice.
edit on 14-5-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

But if you voluntarily become part of a system then it was your free choice.

It's when we have no choice that freedom is taken away.

People didn't choose capitalism, it was forced on us by 'laws' created by the capitalist class.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

yes, I am circumsized - did I want to be circumsized or was that choice taken from me by society. I had no say in the matter - because it was done a day or two after my birth.

capitalism is just another mechanism to figure out which system the world will be unified under -- and it is worse than most. it is less free than more ancient systems. it allows 3rd party claims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join