It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zombie Apocalypse is Real! And it's Here Now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Ironically most of these people DO need "braaaains!!".
Reminds of a Bill Hicks quote:

You know how in many parts of our troubled world they are yelling 'revolution! revolution!' In Tennessee they are yelling 'evolution...we want our thumbs!' The thing is they see people with thumbs on T.V. all day, boy that's got to drive them hog-wild huh? [mimics monkey] Trailers are shaking. They're nice people they're just, what would you call 'em - rural? Backwoods, country? They're real nice, after a show one of these guys came up to me and said 'hey, you're great, you cracked me up, I was about to spit.' Sorry. He said 'no I loved it, I'd like you to meet my wife and sister.' And there was one girl standing there...not a thumb between 'em. Goddamnit now what are the odds of that? Okay the girl had a little nub growin' in, but girls evolve quicker than guys.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Its an interesting thread, OP and others who have commented.

I think part of the appeal of Zombie movies is having to survive in normal surroundings when the normal rules suddenly don't apply anymore. Like in Dawn of the Dead a normal shopping mall is transformed into a horrific battleground. The same is true for other post-apocalyptic stories like Stephen King's "The Stand," for example. The normal suddenly becomes terrifying. And there is a kind of liberation involved. Survivors are free to do things in Zombie movies they wouldn't normally do, like smash a plate-glass window and take what they want. That is darkly attractive to people too.

But this thread looks at the zombie metaphor as something already happening and embedded in "normal" life where the rules still apply. In that sense its almost worse than the traditional post-apocalyptic themes because we are surrounded by zombies but we still have to follow the rules! No smashing plate glass windows allowed in the real-life post apocalypse!

A horror story indeed, op!

edit on 5/13/2012 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Interesting perspective... but...

What makes you think you're the one whos awake?

If you were a zombie, could you tell?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I would say the OP got it right. That zombie eating brains crap is some Hollywood BS.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

That is what has so many people walking around in a Zombie state IMO.

You know there is no such thing as a zombie. It sounds innocent enough to call people less than and lump em all together with a label. Whatever the label you do humanity a disservice. They either is human or dead and no longer anybodies concern. If they are alive, then they can be reached.

Wait, are you saying diet will change peoples minds??? Okay...

Edit: Take that back I re read your post and see what you were saying. Sorry, disregard my response,

intrptr
edit on 13-5-2012 by intrptr because: eating crow...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
A brief description from wikipedia regarding the African witchcraft origins:

The term is often figuratively applied to describe a hypnotized person bereft of consciousness and self-awareness, yet ambulant and able to respond to surrounding stimuli

SOURCE
I think it sums up most of humanity quite nicely imo.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I already posted this in another thread a while back, but I think it would fit nicely in this thread as well...

School indoctrinates us, the government demeans us, work strips us of all energy. By the time most people get home after a long day of being bossed around for a minimum wage paycheck, they just simply don't care about what's going on around them. They are too tired to care. Maybe that's the idea? Wear us down until we lack the energy to put up a fight.

Eat, sleep, work, pay taxes, pay bills, have children, teach them to do the same things. Consume, consume, consume. It's an endless cycle. We've been reduced to robotic drones, straight off the assembly line that we call school. Why? Because the government sees us as debt slaves and nothing more. We only exist for their gain.

Don't get me wrong, it's not as grim and gloomy as I make it out to be. Just because we're used as pawns in an immoral game doesn't mean that you have to willingly bend over and take it. I derive great pleasure from being a fly in the ointment, and have done since I was a child. I know that trolling the system doesn't make that much difference. But hey, it's still better than just accepting it and making it easy for them, right? Don't make it easy for them. Spit in their face no matter what they throw your way. THAT'S integrity.

Is there any point in trying to wake others up? Probably not. Most people have blinders on. Wake up. Go to Work. Come home and watch TV to find out which celebrity got into whatever shenanigans this week
then go to bed (even though they are already asleep!)

You can't force people to wake up. It's one of those things that people have to accomplish by themselves. I just happened to do it when I was young. Some people do it when they are older. Some people never do at all... once a philistine, always a philistine. It's just the way it is. It's not something that can be taught.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Your dehumanising your fellow man wouldn't be too worrying if it wasn't for the fact that you probably own guns.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Boo Hoo lets cry about every little thing like the thread tittle, stop this petty.... teacher like bullsht, people who have to winge about these small things are the "zombies"

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Not all of us...some have the ability to respond = responsibility and we take it seriously

www.abovetopsecret.com...
It's about knowing your rights and willing to peace for them.

Yeah, good analogy op, well correlated.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Mythkiller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I don't think you're far off. The original Dawn of the Dead was a joke about american consumerism, after all. "They are us and we are them."

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Op, more regulation on bankers' deals is a good thing even if it doesnt completely fix things. Some better than none. Bipartisan deregulation is what caused the economic crisis, btw.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Thats actually quite an interesting comparison. Never would have thought of zombie movies as commentary on social issues before. It does seem a large number of people are stuck going through the motions, just trying to eat. I like this thread.

He says dripping with sarcasm.

George Andrew Romero (pronunciation: /rəˈmɛroʊ/; born February 4, 1940) is an American film director, screenwriter and editor, best known for his gruesome and satirical horror films about a hypothetical zombie apocalypse, beginning with Night of the Living Dead (1968). He is nicknamed "Godfather of all Zombies."

Typical of a Romero zombie tale, the miniseries includes ample supply of both gore and social commentary (dealing particularly here with corporate greed and terrorism — ideas he would also explore in his next film in the series, Land of the Dead). Romero has stated that the miniseries is set in the same kind of world as his 'Dead' films, but featured other locales besides Pittsburgh, where the majority of his films take place

I have read quite a few reviews that state the the Zombie genre was a social commentary on the brain dead consumers of the era. So this is hardly earth shattering to me. But its good for the uninitiated.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
There is also another way to look at this. The world is already dealing with a massive over population issue and its just going to get worse, would it really be practical for everybody to wake up and see the truth? even if they did, what then? are we supposed to get rid of government? get rid of the banks? get rid of vaccines? get rid of oil consuming engines and plastics?

we'd all complain when somebody comes and takes our land and there are no police or government to protect us. we'd all complain when thieves take your money because we don't have somewhere save to keep it.

I don't know if, in your American education system, you are taught about the history of vaccines? the first vaccine was created by infecting people with cowpox to protect against the similar but much more deadly smallpox, which has now been eradicated from the mass population because of this.

you complain about children and wives being "molested" at airports, I suppose you think terrorists are above using children or women to plant bombs? the good willed, honest people that they are and everything.

you talk about having no freedom, yet America was built on slavery. I bet you don't check where your pants, shoes, or other clothes come from. I'm sure for the most part a lot of them will have been produced by, near as makes no difference, slave labor.

It almost upsets me to see how many people are willing to complain about their awful lives of slavery working their 9-5 jobs and all you get in return is a nice house, plenty of food for your family, some of the best health care in the world and a car to get about in.

I really don't mean to offend anybody by what I'm saying, but people need to learn to look past the end of their nose at the real slavery and real famine and real deprivation that most third world people live in. these are the people who need help, the ones who cant even afford the simple things that you take for granted and complain about.

If you can't see that then you're no better than the corrupt bankers and corrupt politicians, only there to make themselves more wealthy.

And people wonder why so much of the third world dislikes America.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Zombies lol

The American Government has been doing this to People for Decades
Stopping Our Minds from Expanding Great Ideas in certain location in the US !
Stopping that Pineal Gland from putting us in that Inventive Dream State ...& Remembering
let alone other effects

The Word !! Fluoride

Scientific Facts on the
Biological Effects of Fluorides
www.all-natural.com...

Stupify !!
HEALTH EFFECTS: Fluoride & the Brain
www.fluoridealert.org...

FLUORIDE HEALTH EFFECTS DATABASE -
www.fluoridealert.org...

& that is Just One !

as back in the 50s & 60s of the 20th Century
Conspiracy Theorist said it was Caused by Commies

Kubrick on Fluoridation-Dr Strangelove 1964

Dr. Strangelove - Precious Bodily Fluids

Did you People Know that Peter Sellers was a Freemason and later Bailed!

Peter Sellers proflie at some Lodge in British Columbia
freemasonry.bcy.ca...
and some knew the effects

MASONIC PAPERS
by W.Bro. YASHA BERESINER
PETER SELLERS
Mason for the wrong reason
www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

It makes you Wonder what he Knew!

Professor Paul Connett: Your Toxic Tap Water

Dr. Paul Connett, Professor of Chemistry at St. Lawrence University in New York, gives a damning interview on the history of water fluoridation, the collusion of major industries to put certified toxic waste into your drinking water, and why government health authorities refuse to conduct scientific studies into the dangers of fluoridation. After watching this video, you will never look at tap water the same way again.

The Speaker of this Video ! was a Professor of St Lawrence University in Canton NY
not to far from me!

yes the Government is Dumbing Down the Population Mentally and Physically in certain locations in the US

Making Minor Zombies !

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
It boils down to a simple word - greed. Humankind is greedy.

Once you've pondered that for a while you realise that the 'zombies' and those that are 'free' are no different.

If you manage to break free of the shackles of society, which I think is a free choice, if you live in the right part of the world, how are you going to deal with crime, medical support and education. The fundamentals of a successful society have been studied over centuries. I don't think 'leaving' the system is the right way to tackle the problem - it needs to be challenged from within. Only with the right mindset in the right place, free of greed, with there ever be real change - it will happen, I'm just not sure how or when.

Top thread though, very thought provoking.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ozig1
you talk about having no freedom, yet America was built on slavery. I bet you don't check where your pants, shoes, or other clothes come from. I'm sure for the most part a lot of them will have been produced by, near as makes no difference, slave labor.

Many a true word spoken in your post, out of interest, if you could, how would you change this ?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ozig1
It almost upsets me to see how many people are willing to complain about their awful lives of slavery working their 9-5 jobs and all you get in return is a nice house, plenty of food for your family, some of the best health care in the world and a car to get about in.

No, no, no, and no.

A fair amount of people working 9-5 jobs in North America can't afford these things. People are losing their houses. People in the United States don't have health care benefits. I'm sure there are plenty who can't afford to buy and/or maintain an automobile, and some are even struggling to buy food.

I'm not sure if you remember, but there was a little bit of an economic implosion not too long ago...

Even people who DON'T have houses are struggling. The rent is too damn high. TOO DAMN HIGH!

edit on 13-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The difference is, that this "herd" can be cured through education.

The problem lies, in that you cannot teach someone who is not willing to learn.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The problem with this type of judgement is it leads to no solution. So what if you see people escaping a reality they mindlessly have to live through to support themselves? Do the majority of you not work for someone else or getting government assistance? There is no help to either side if there is arrogance based off of these things. For all you know, we are all still sheep too. Until you have full control and will over your lives, you are still a sheep still living in the controlled system without true freedom.

OP, your ideas in your posts have been thought of before you were even born. Many, many people realize the problems in the world and it is definitely not a small group of 1,000 people only seeing this #. What do you expect everyone to do, willingly awake or asleep, when it takes a large group of willing people, full of heart to go about changing things? In their minds, quitting their job is out of the picture because they have become either parents and they have to support their children and themselves or sucked into the world of materialism and completely love money. Some people work just to survive because they don't have land to self sustain or their families are stuck in the loop of the rat race and they don't know how to get out.

So why not try to guide instead of ignorantly pointing your finger. "oh look at dem sheeple. hyuck hyuck, i pity them" For a while know i have realized ATS is a cess pool of fear. This website and reading it obsessively will hold you back. These thoughts and ideas keep you in a fear based state because they offer no solution. Some conspiracies are worth knowing to understand how the system works but constantly fearing over the next natural disaster or #ting your pants when you see military vehicles on train tracks is severely debilitating. Why worry about the future if you can realize that you as a whole can change the future with action and not pacifism.

I hope some of you realize how pointless this website is, unless its purely for entertainment instead of obsession. If you want the world to end, or some cataclysm to happen because your lives are that dull, then please put your heart into changing the world to a place you want to live in instead of being self destructive. There are already too many self destructive people on this planet and until you can open your eyes truthfully without your ego blindness you will still be those you pity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join