It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zombie Apocalypse is Real! And it's Here Now!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

From the thread i gather you put alot of thought into your idea, to much thought. You should think about getting a job or maybe a girlfriend if it's possible. Either one would be alot more constructive and healthy than watching zombie movies and pretending that they're anything more than just movies.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I don't even think you read much of the post.

OP was just using zombie films as a metaphor, which you would have realized had you bothered to read at least half of it.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Are we really so far from becoming true zombies? I don't mean dead and brought back to life...but...there are people who kill to take what they want, or need. Punks who will bludgeon another person to death for a ten dollar bill. Toss people into the road to take their car...etc. What happens when the "sheep" run out of (or more likely are deprived of) food? Would a "sheep" take up a pipe and smack someone in the head...and then take a bite? Would other "sheep" (too new to the game to kill yet) come over and take a bite also? Its not like people haven't killed and cannibalized others before.

We may not currently be covered in blood, brainless, slow-moving, true zombies...but are we close? I know many of us are bloodied (figuratively), stupid, fat, stoned on drugs or drugs in food products, and mal-nutritioned. I would say we are about one year away (under the right circumstances) from becoming zombies.

Sad...huh?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This thread is so good I had to make an account just to say that lol, but this is really scary when you think about it and its all so true. Can we do anything about it though
the answer is yes. I have a plan of how we can save all of us who are "awake" and try to help those who aren't, but I don't thinkI should post it here because it would be to long. Should I make a thread? I'm new to this so thanks in advance for the tips.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You are right... most people are working to survive not living to work which is freedom of choice IMO.

What you should do and everyone else is walk around clicking your fingers waking everyone up!!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Yupper. Especially when you factor into it that most Sheeped-out Americans will actually fight to protect the system that keeps them under foot. It seems like they live in topsy-turvy land, where freedom is slavery and war is peace. Seems to me that Orwell is rolling in his grave as we speak.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I really feel like Nada in John Carpenters "They Live" at times, so many people just bury their heads in the sand, watch a continual stream of absolute nonsense on TV... and yes, assume that "big brother" is watching out for them.
Its like I'm living in a different reality from them...I trashed my TV a few years ago, 99.99% of programs insult my intelligence, and the news is so biased, from half reported truths to outright propaganda, and if you try to point out anything to anyone you're labelled a cook (or worse)... and its all there for anyone (who can bother their ass to look) to see. The population has become so dumbed down (or become so lethargic) they just dont seem to care anymore, thank god for forums like this, it stops me (and probably a lot of you too) from believing the masses and accepting I'm (we're) being paranoid.
Humanity, I think, has reached its "peak" of evoloution and the reset key is badly needing hit, we are at the self destruct stage as a species and people are watching it unfolding in front of their eyes and are ignoring (or more likely are too stupid to see) it.
I am totally conviced that either
A - humanity has been at this stage before and either through a natural disaster or (more likely) its own stupidity has imploded... vanished and been lost to history (and that fact has been hidden from us)....or
B - what we think of as reality is actually a future advanced civilization running a simulation of its evolution...and our "sim" is the worst case scenario.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

just don't use the word sustainable. makes me want to bury an ax in heads.(agenda 21) by the way, I have noticed similarities between zombies and the 90 percent. it is as true as it is funny at first

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I remember reading a similar topic here on ats. The truth is for the most part you are right. The fact that we are dumbed down, and with so many people asleep and unaware to the corruption "zombies" are everywhere.

On a humor note:

No need to worry about them zombies. Homeland security has it covered.

Homeland security and FEMA have zombie task force ! Come to our FEMA camps !

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Think about this and pass it along. It's curious that so many Christians believe in an Accession event where their Souls are lifted to Heaven without realizing that the remaining physical body WITHOUT a Soul stays here as nothing more than an Animal, a living dead, a Zombie which like any animal, is intent upon feeding itself.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Was the point of this thread to get stars?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
reply to post by hawkiye

From the thread i gather you put alot of thought into your idea, to much thought. You should think about getting a job or maybe a girlfriend if it's possible. Either one would be alot more constructive and healthy than watching zombie movies and pretending that they're anything more than just movies.

Well why would I want a job working for someone else when I have my own business? I don't think my beautiful wife of 27 years would be to happy if I got a girlfriend either. Perhaps you should consider putting more thought into your posts...

edit on 13-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggilo
Your dehumanising your fellow man wouldn't be too worrying if it wasn't for the fact that you probably own guns.

Well I admit if you only read the title it can seem a bit dehumanizing. however if you read the rest of the OP then you would know how I was using it as a metaphor. Would you feel better if you knew I was police or military if I had guns?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've always seen horror movies, at least msot of the, anti-sex movies. Why?

Have you ever noticed that the people who get killed first are the people who have inappropriate sex?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Well, not to kill the party here, but this is extremely old news!!!

If you have seen Dawn of the Dead (the original from Romero, not that crappy remake)
you would understand that it's exactly what Romero was intending to show!
And that's back in 1978!

As for the question

Is this not the definition of Zombies?

Well it's not. Wikipedia: A zombie (Haitian Creole: zonbi; North Mbundu: nzumbe) is an animated corpse brought back to life by mystical means, such as witchcraft.[1]

The fact that we use the word zombies for mindless people is a derived meaning for what is supposed to be a dead person brought back to life!

Nice try, but the fact that this post was the first on top of the home page and is getting thousand s of satrs is definitely making me come on this site less and less.

...sorry, wish to do no harm here....but cmon!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just popped in to say cheers. I agree. I learned to be amused by the zombies. They're great entertainment. I've got a great seat for the apocalypse.

"Send more...paramedics"
Return of the Living Dead

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yep. Everybody else is saying "only I have the right way to think and if you don't agree with my point of view you're the sheeple or zombies!" junk.

Most people just don't care about these kinds of things and just want to be left alone to live their own lives in peace. They're always caught inbetween the idiots who say things like "you must live your life my way because only I know better".

And there's far too many of those arses.

People need to chill out and just learn to let people alone and let them live their own lives as they see fit.

As long as they aren't eating people's entrails, what does it matter if someone wants to be a photographer or another person wants to be an artist?

This "we must all conform to the one true way" has got to stop.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

You are a few decades late OP... The original Dawn of the Dead was infact a commentary against the pityful mindless flock humans were turning into. The irony is that in Dawn of the Dead the survivers gathered at the one place they knew and felt secure.... the mega mart.

Zombiesm in the way that you describe it has been present since the late 70s. First they gave us consumerism, then they gave us a new more powerful form of entertainment ( that in the last 10 years have been renewed through so-called "reality" tv), and now we are back at religion and imperialism.

But cudous for waking up. Now get busy waking the other 5 billion people up.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So basically this is a sheeple is zombie thread.... yawn.... nothing new here, old news to me...as well I think I heard Alex Jones or one of those shows mention the same thing last week...every year its interesting how people catch the sheeple are zombie bug!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
This thread is so good I had to make an account just to say that lol, but this is really scary when you think about it and its all so true. Can we do anything about it though
the answer is yes. I have a plan of how we can save all of us who are "awake" and try to help those who aren't, but I don't thinkI should post it here because it would be to long. Should I make a thread? I'm new to this so thanks in advance for the tips.

Yes, make a thread. If it's a new concept that would derail the thread from what the OP originally intended it to be then you should make your own thread. I look forward to seeing it

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join