Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Zombie Apocalypse is Real! And it's Here Now!

page: 1
87
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+81 more 
posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ok I am sure some mod will see the title and be wondering why this is here in general conspiracies and thinking they should move it but bear with me and read on you will understand why it is here.

In a nutshell the majority of people are pretty much dutifully going through the motions of their lives oblivious to the complete lie they are living. They believe they are free and most of their leaders generally are looking out for them despite a few bad apples.

So they dutifully march to the election booths every couple years and re-elect most of the same folks or so they think. They don't believe vote fraud is wide spread. They believe they are sending their children and families off to fight for their country and freedom, they think fluoride and vaccines are protecting them.

They see nothing wrong with their food supply the FDA is looking out for them in their minds despite factory farms poisoning their food and GMOs becoming more prevalent and destroying the environment. They believe their doctors are health care experts and pretty much do what ever their doctors tell them they must without question. They believe if we just have more regulation the banksters would not be able to rip us off...

They dutifully repeat propaganda they have been fed all their lives on just about any subject without ever having really looked at the research or evidence.

They believe we could not live without oil and that terrorist are hiding around every corner waiting to kill us so dutifully obey the patriot act and other anti-freedom legislation and allow their children and wives to be molested at airports because they believe it keeps us secure.

When confronted they generally don't want to hear it or react angrily claiming one is a crack pot for saying anything like that. They are not interested in facts and evidence they just put a wall up and or repeat media rhetoric.

I am sure you all can add a lot more things to the list and feel free if you like.

Now don't worry if you do not agree with everything I wrote this thread is not about arguing which conspiracies are real and which are not we can agree to disagree on the details. The point is the big picture the over all conspiracy so to speak. Those of us who realize most of what is believed by society is a lie we are the survivors so to speak of the Zombie Apocalypse and we are surrounded by Zombies and our lives are in peril because of it.

If you watched any zombie flick like Dawn of the Dead or the series Walking Dead (highly recommend it) herds of zombies are walking around consuming any flesh they can find destroying anything in their path. And a few pockets of survivors are trying to avoid them and find a place free of them or fortified against them. These zombies have no minds their brain stems are just functioning enough for them to do this.

This is not unlike us here who see all the lies and watch the herds dutifully destroy our freedoms and go along with the lies and will not hear anything contrary that disrupts their status quo. They do not know they are destroying their own world.

Is this not the definition of Zombies? Are we not fighting for our lives and freedom against these herds so to speak? Now this is not meant to incite hatred or derogatory feeling toward the herds of society although I admit it will to some degree but remember we were all once Zombies. However it does put things in perspective and how serious things are. We are in the Zombie Apocalypse and what is happening will change our world forever for good or bad the choice is ours!

The good news in our Zombie Apocalypse unlike in the movies is there is a cure and many are being cured but still we are surrounded and fighting for our lives outnumbered and over run for the most part. Perhaps we should start thinking more in terms of creating pockets of fortifications? Micro societies of awake people working to create models for a future more sustainable society? What are your thoughts on solutions?

edit on 12-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



+23 more 
posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
An interesting perspective...

But I'd call it the "Sheep Apocalypse". Less eating of brains and more bleating about dumb stuff while the world collapses around you...



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You got my hopes up at first, i want a zombie apocalypse
, but in all seriousness its how you define zombie which defines what the people are around us, good thoughs OP



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
An interesting perspective...

But I'd call it the "Sheep Apocalypse". Less eating of brains and more bleating about dumb stuff while the world collapses around you...


Well whether passive or not they are still zombiefied don't you think? The danger is just as real as getting your brains eaten...



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Thats actually quite an interesting comparison. Never would have thought of zombie movies as commentary on social issues before. It does seem a large number of people are stuck going through the motions, just trying to eat. I like this thread.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Thats actually quite an interesting comparison. Never would have thought of zombie movies as commentary on social issues before. It does seem a large number of people are stuck going through the motions, just trying to eat. I like this thread.


Well I am glad we can agree on something as we usually do not agree.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


Its OK, youre not a cat person. While you and I may have slightly, or drastically differing views I think most people on this site will agree that most just do whats expected of them, and have a tendency to only worry about how to get that next juicy brain. Dont use this against me.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Great comparison..

When I am out and about, I tend to look at everyone else and think to myself, 'your poor people'... But i do realise not all of them are in a zombie state.

Which always reminds me of the film 'Invasion of the body snatchers'..
There are those that are 'awake' and have not succumbed to the alien invasion and who have not become like everyone else.. litterally walking around in a zombie like state. It's the way those that are 'awake' avoid detection, by blending in and acting the part...


There is a scene from the film 'shaun of the dead' where the group of survivors do exactly this in order to get into the pub.. Great move...




posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


Not really? Getting your brains eaten is kind of...well, a no-brainer, if you'll excuse the terrible pun.


Sheeple can wake up if given the right push. There's just no hope for zombies.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was really relieved that this didn't turn out to be about literal zombies. I treasure my brain matter, and have so little to spare....


+9 more 
posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Most horror stories tap into some community dread or angst, and serve as metaphors for the world around us. During the cold war people found comfort in alien invasion films, during the have sex get AIDS panic Micheal Meyers, and Jason Voorhies crept across the screen killing teenagers who had just had sex. After 9-11 and the inevitable anti-American attitude by much of the world Hostel and other torture porn films were popular, and through it all, the mindless zombie film as remained a mainstay in horror, continually reminding us that we're surrounded by brutal unthinking undead humans who will devour us in an instant. We sit in darkened theaters, or at home, munching on our popcorn, assuring ourselves it is only fiction, it is only fiction, it is only fiction, it is only...it is...it...



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Most horror stories tap into some community dread or angst, and serve as metaphors for the world around us. During the cold war people found comfort in alien invasion films, during the have sex get AIDS panic Micheal Meyers, and Jason Voorhies crept across the screen killing teenagers who had just had sex. After 9-11 and the inevitable anti-American attitude by much of the world Hostel and other torture porn films were popular, and through it all, the mindless zombie film as remained a mainstay in horror, continually reminding us that we're surrounded by brutal unthinking undead humans who will devour us in an instant. We sit in darkened theaters, or at home, munching on our popcorn, assuring ourselves it is only fiction, it is only fiction, it is only fiction, it is only...it is...it...



Exactly Jean Paul the world ended and we didn't even realize it. The mindless herds are killing us all and the movies have been telling us all along we just didn't get it till now... It's actually kind of scary when you realize how well it fits... Its only fiction its only ficti...

edit on 12-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


misleading thread title.

i know what you're trying to get at.. and not to be rude.. but your effort to use this as metaphor for the seemingly braindead zombie-esque sheeple herds ... falls short.. it's not like this hasn't been used a billion times before...

i am saying this because it's a GIVEN that people are like that man.... it's not some unique observation...

i would strongly recommend you get wise to the fact that an actual zombie apocalypse IS GOING TO HAPPEN..

not the metaphoric one you're trying to talk about.. but a .. uh.. yeah a REAL ONE where people run after other people to tear their flesh apart with their hands and teeth.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
all 8 billion of us ?

even the pygmies ?



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge
 


Your paranoid scenario better happen soon, before the metaphorical zombies destroy us all. After all, if we're all killed by the mindlessness of each other, what in God's name will the undead feast off of?





edit on 12-5-2012 by Jean Paul Zodeaux because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
reply to post by hawkiye
 


misleading thread title.

i know what you're trying to get at.. and not to be rude.. but your effort to use this as metaphor for the seemingly braindead zombie-esque sheeple herds ... falls short.. it's not like this hasn't been used a billion times before...

i am saying this because it's a GIVEN that people are like that man.... it's not some unique observation...

i would strongly recommend you get wise to the fact that an actual zombie apocalypse IS GOING TO HAPPEN..

not the metaphoric one you're trying to talk about.. but a .. uh.. yeah a REAL ONE where people run after other people to tear their flesh apart with their hands and teeth.


I don't think it is misleading at all i think it fits pretty well but your entitled to your opinion. I would be curious how you think a zombie apocalypse like in the movies is actually going to happen? I Assume that is what you are talking about? Like some virus turns people into flesh eating zombies or reanimates the dead do tell?



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
DANG! I have a cure for zombies not sheep,quit gettin me all fired up with these BS title threads man.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
DANG! I have a cure for zombies not sheep,quit gettin me all fired up with these BS title threads man.


Look things never play out in real life like in the movies but all the elements are there; mindless zombies are destroying the world as we know it! So they aren't animated rotting corpses the result is the same is it not?



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye
 


Yeah, but these zombies we can't just shoot to get rid of. They have rights and things like that. Plus is might make the non zombie folks look pretty bad.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by killbot2012
reply to post by hawkiye
 


Yeah, but these zombies we can't just shoot to get rid of. They have rights and things like that. Plus is might make the non zombie folks look pretty bad.


That is the downside but the upside is we can educate them and that is the real cure...





new topics

top topics



 
87
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join



atslive.com

hi-def

low-def