It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zombie Apocalypse is Real! And it's Here Now!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This reminds of a guy at work. He is a lot older than me, he's about 50. He was talking about Syria and saying how he'd seen some stuff on the news about rebels, car bombs etc... He said, we should go and bomb the f***ers.

My stomach turned, I couldn't know where to start to try and reverse 50 years of indoctrination. I just said ''Don't worry, they are still a target, it's not if but when''.

I felt awfull after saying this because although it's true, I am not a proponent of it.

Seriously where the hell do you start to re-educate someone like that? It's not his fault, he was brought up that way.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Perhaps we should start thinking more in terms of creating pockets of fortifications? Micro societies of awake people working to create models for a future more sustainable society? What are your thoughts on solutions?

When George Bush decided to hunt down 50 Al Qaeda in Afghanistan -- where civilizations go to die, and then turned his sites on Iraq. There was this curious strategy developed by the British where, in situations that you cannot control the entire country (and we don't have the troops for a Civilized occupation), then you create what are called "Green Zones."

So after spending trillions and creating laws that mean the Constitution is "void where prohibited" -- it's kind of Ironic that people are suggesting we create Green Zones in the USA...

But I'm game. I've been working on an idea to make Barter actually legal -- you just have to do a few tricks that Multinational corporations use to create internal economies. The farmer, the carpenter, the doctor, and the rest of us all have skills that people need -- but we don't always work because the BANKS don't see the point in investing because they KNOW we don't have any money.

We have demand, and we have needs -- but that's not enough for Employment. We are slaves to MONEY we do not control.

Poverty and chasing dollars is more effective in subduing a populace than Zombie bites. At least I feel like it would be much simpler to blow the heads off Zombies than fill out the paperwork to keep my home sometimes -- ADD folks are a lot better at survival than paperwork.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Damnit, another member trying to be clever...

Thought zombies were actually here for good this time. I even started practicing how to shoot a rifle and a 22. revolver yesterday.

Damn you deception!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Micro societies of awake people working to create models for a future more sustainable society? What are your thoughts on solutions?

I completely agree and see no other way out. However, people have different ideas of what a commune should be. There's clannish, religious, militant, and sexual communal living. I'm just looking for an honest and logical group. Perhaps these groups could barter and tolerate and learn from each other.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
I have a plan of how we can save all of us who are "awake" and try to help those who aren't, but

I don't thinkI should post it here because it would be to long. Should I make a thread?

Yes please. I love solutions. U2U me when it's up.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Not sure I agree. I understand the connection attempting to be made. However one can argue that a zombie is the very definition of "Ignorance is Bliss". They are purely instinctual, no emotion, one goal. The only reason we fear is because we have fear, taking away emotion would provide a completely different outlook on things, some would say a more logical one. All men/women are created equal, endowed by our creator with certain unalienable rights... US Declaration. These include life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness. Why must happiness be a pursuit well because with these rights comes obligation and responsibilities that if not met can void the so called unalienable rights. However we are not created with rights we are created with a body and a brain, rights are a social-political creation of man and are forced upon you at birth along with the responsibilities and obligations that entitle you to those rights.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Let me be the first to explain a little about the reality of life. There actually ARE masses of people committed to the death of America and the American way of life - I've met them on more than one occasion overseas.
The whole economy of the West (and any other nation that is to some extent developed) does, in fact, run on oil and its derivatives.
I don't 'buy into' the conspiracy crap about flouride, the food supply, or vaccines. Companies exist to provide products for consumers, if they are too uneducated or unwilling to educate themselves to proper diet, exercise and similar it is their fault - the government is only tangentially involved with what it can regulate.
Wake up and see the world for what it is - highly dangerous, but filled with the promise of much better for our posterity. It is not enough to know that there are bad actors, you have to take a stand and fight them where they are. Attack the oil companies, the power companies, and those who make our life better and you are part of the problem. If you don't like how things are come up with a real alternative. Turning off the lights is not an option. No vaccinations, allowing horrible diseases like small pox to rampant, is not an option.
What I hear when people talk like you do is that they are seeking the simple answer - oh, it must be some grand scheme to oppress the people. Sometimes it is. It is far more difficult to actually resolve our economic issues, our cultural issues, our issues with food, air, and water, than to just blame it on some hidden, monolithic group.
My eyes are open. I want my children and grandchildren to have heat and airconditioning, fresh foods and clean air. I don't want the oppression offered by the Left, Sharia Law, or any other failed system that leads directly to totalitarianism. I will fight, all my life if necessary, for the ideals expressed in our Declaration of Independence and enshrined in our constitution.
In short - go to Hell.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by killbot2012
reply to post by hawkiye

Yeah, but these zombies we can't just shoot to get rid of. They have rights and things like that. Plus is might make the non zombie folks look pretty bad.

That is the downside but the upside is we can educate them and that is the real cure...

Also they are not controlled in the movies by powerful and very intelligent people who rule the whole world, you only had to fight mindless corpses.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarksThoughts
Let me be the first to explain a little about the reality of life. There actually ARE masses of people committed to the death of America and the American way of life - I've met them on more than one occasion overseas.
The whole economy of the West (and any other nation that is to some extent developed) does, in fact, run on oil and its derivatives.
I don't 'buy into' the conspiracy crap about flouride, the food supply, or vaccines. Companies exist to provide products for consumers, if they are too uneducated or unwilling to educate themselves to proper diet, exercise and similar it is their fault - the government is only tangentially involved with what it can regulate.
Wake up and see the world for what it is - highly dangerous, but filled with the promise of much better for our posterity. It is not enough to know that there are bad actors, you have to take a stand and fight them where they are. Attack the oil companies, the power companies, and those who make our life better and you are part of the problem. If you don't like how things are come up with a real alternative. Turning off the lights is not an option. No vaccinations, allowing horrible diseases like small pox to rampant, is not an option.
What I hear when people talk like you do is that they are seeking the simple answer - oh, it must be some grand scheme to oppress the people. Sometimes it is. It is far more difficult to actually resolve our economic issues, our cultural issues, our issues with food, air, and water, than to just blame it on some hidden, monolithic group.
My eyes are open. I want my children and grandchildren to have heat and airconditioning, fresh foods and clean air. I don't want the oppression offered by the Left, Sharia Law, or any other failed system that leads directly to totalitarianism. I will fight, all my life if necessary, for the ideals expressed in our Declaration of Independence and enshrined in our constitution.
In short - go to Hell.

Found one!

University studies about vaccines causing autism and cancer is a conspiracy theory, autism and canser on a steep rise is a conpiracy theory, big business loves you, all muslims and brown people are bad because the Government says so and Fluoride wasn't first used by Hitler in his Nazi camps. All trust the Government because we're afraid of muslims and Sharia Law.

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wouldn't say the "people asleep" classify as zombies. They hear things every day that could cause them to wake up and become aware of the inner workings of their world, However they don't care this is due to the normalcy bias. Until an individual can overcome it the will not really care what is going on. They see things as normal until their life is directly or sometimes indirectly impacted by some catalyzing event. For example the local government fining them for some ridicules reason or arresting them without just cause. It could be shattered by some one like myself showing them the things I have seen, supported with irrefutable evidence that they have been and currently are being lied to by what they would consider "trusted" sources.

Once the normalcy bias is shattered a whole world of things become plausible.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Ok I am sure some mod will see the title and be wondering why this is here in general conspiracies and thinking they should move it but bear with me and read on you will understand why it is here.

In a nutshell the majority of people are pretty much dutifully going through the motions of their lives oblivious to the complete lie they are living. They believe they are free and most of their leaders generally are looking out for them despite a few bad apples.

So they dutifully march to the election booths every couple years and re-elect most of the same folks or so they think. They don't believe vote fraud is wide spread. They believe they are sending their children and families off to fight for their country and freedom, they think fluoride and vaccines are protecting them.

They see nothing wrong with their food supply the FDA is looking out for them in their minds despite factory farms poisoning their food and GMOs becoming more prevalent and destroying the environment. They believe their doctors are health care experts and pretty much do what ever their doctors tell them they must without question. They believe if we just have more regulation the banksters would not be able to rip us off...

They dutifully repeat propaganda they have been fed all their lives on just about any subject without ever having really looked at the research or evidence.

They believe we could not live without oil and that terrorist are hiding around every corner waiting to kill us so dutifully obey the patriot act and other anti-freedom legislation and allow their children and wives to be molested at airports because they believe it keeps us secure.

When confronted they generally don't want to hear it or react angrily claiming one is a crack pot for saying anything like that. They are not interested in facts and evidence they just put a wall up and or repeat media rhetoric.

I am sure you all can add a lot more things to the list and feel free if you like.

Now don't worry if you do not agree with everything I wrote this thread is not about arguing which conspiracies are real and which are not we can agree to disagree on the details. The point is the big picture the over all conspiracy so to speak. Those of us who realize most of what is believed by society is a lie we are the survivors so to speak of the Zombie Apocalypse and we are surrounded by Zombies and our lives are in peril because of it.

If you watched any zombie flick like Dawn of the Dead or the series Walking Dead (highly recommend it) herds of zombies are walking around consuming any flesh they can find destroying anything in their path. And a few pockets of survivors are trying to avoid them and find a place free of them or fortified against them. These zombies have no minds their brain stems are just functioning enough for them to do this.

This is not unlike us here who see all the lies and watch the herds dutifully destroy our freedoms and go along with the lies and will not hear anything contrary that disrupts their status quo. They do not know they are destroying their own world.

Is this not the definition of Zombies? Are we not fighting for our lives and freedom against these herds so to speak? Now this is not meant to incite hatred or derogatory feeling toward the herds of society although I admit it will to some degree but remember we were all once Zombies. However it does put things in perspective and how serious things are. We are in the Zombie Apocalypse and what is happening will change our world forever for good or bad the choice is ours!

The good news in our Zombie Apocalypse unlike in the movies is there is a cure and many are being cured but still we are surrounded and fighting for our lives outnumbered and over run for the most part. Perhaps we should start thinking more in terms of creating pockets of fortifications? Micro societies of awake people working to create models for a future more sustainable society? What are your thoughts on solutions?

edit on 12-5-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

First of all, excellent post....many years ago I wrote a poem with a very similar premise. I agree with you on all of your points (including like the show Walking Dead....btw, you should also check out Bruce Campell in Army of Darkness)....anywho, the problem with people:

A. They don't care and are highly selfish and self-centered *zombies that want to eat brains*
B. They care, but fear legal repercussions for helping *fear of legal zombies*
C. They fear law suits for trying to help and do the right thing *fear of greedy zombies*
D. They simily don't know what to do....either they are not educated or not advised on the issue(s)
E. None of the above.

just my humble opinion. But glad for the few that care, like yourself...and obviously this struck a nerve with a lot of people that also care or you wouldn't have so many stars! O.O

thank you! excellent thread! :-)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Cool thread, I dig the metaphor.
This is a very cool zombie anime that I came across a few days ago, I really like it. It is rated mature though.
Give it a look =)
Highschool of the Dead en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The true 'zombies' will be when theres no more food to be bought at Walmart or McDonalds. As the mindless don't prepare, and don't have many skills, when it comes hungry time cannibalism will become the norm soon after all the cats and dogs disappear. These zombies will be able to surround your house with weapons and use tactics to get their 'brains'. Far more frightening than any movies I've seen.
edit on 13-5-2012 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There is a Zombie Apocalypse.

Then there is this Zombie Apocalypse.

And then there is preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse.

And of course there is the Chuck Norris Zombie Apocalypse.

And then there is this.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Yes they are Zombies. And some thing eats their brains.
As they don’t seem to have any brains at all.

They hold their views the same way religious zealots do.
Views that they vote in the government
And the Gov will work with the voters best interests.
That you work for yourself and get a good wage.
And that you don’t pay too much Tax.

And you Dont pay to much Tax.
you just pay it again and again...
edit on 13-5-2012 by buddha because: zombies made me do it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The only sad part is, its still ilegal to shoot these zombie sheep.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Finly someone whos knows whats going on.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarist
The only sad part is, its still ilegal to shoot these zombie sheep.

Yeah bet that is what the Elites think also
But for the sake of grace there you go also old chum

Lots of Zombie hating going on
Some must have been bitten already and turned from their enlightened "wakeful" state
Quick grab your guns here comes the Human Race
It is only an analogy Zombies are not real FFS

edit on 13-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
heres video I have posted on ats before and it really fits with this thread.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Star & flag, I agree with you completely..zombie is just a metaphor for...I don't know...people who just refuse to wake the hell up! You know what...show them the light and if they still refuse...walk past them...be a lighthouse and not a lifeguard. You can't save those that refuse to be saved. Keep shining your light, there might still be some survivors out there amist all of the living dead.-PEACE

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join