It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt funeral turns happy after dead man awakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

LUXOR, Egypt (AP) — The funeral of a 28 year-old waiter in southern Egypt turned into a celebration when he woke up after being declared dead. Hospital officials had pronounced dead Hamdi Hafez al-Nubi, who came from the village of Naga al-Simman in the southern province of Luxor, after he suffered a heart attack while working.

His family says grieving relatives took him home and, according to Islamic tradition, washed his body and prepared him for burial Friday evening. A doctor sent to sign the death certificate found it strange that his body was warm. At closer observation she discovered he was still alive.

His mother fainted upon hearing the good news. With the doctor's assistance, both al-Nubi and his mother were awakened and soon were celebrating with guests.

news.yahoo.com...

Just came across this story earlier today...and thought I'd post it in the religion section of ATS. Kind of reminds of the story about a baby found alive in the morgue.

I cant imagine what its like to be the loved ones of that man....I'm about as old as him.
Imagine holding a funeral for a loved one and suddenly he/she wakes up.

I also wonder if he had a near death experience. I'd love to hear more from this guy...once he's all settled and stuff.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

I don't see how this could possibly relate to religion? just because he was inaccurately declared as dead and then discovered to still be alive? I mean, I understand that religion and spirituality deal with questions regarding life and death and all, and this certainly does seem like a "miracle," but I'd be interested in exactly what your motives are for posting this in the religion section.

either way, that's a pretty crazy story. that would def make you appreciate your family and your life a little more, knowing that it could be snatched away at any moment.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
How could any doctor in this day and age mistakenly pronounce someone dead?

I'm glad someone discovered the mistake before it was too late.
edit on 12-5-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

but I'd be interested in exactly what your motives are for posting this in the religion section.

Like you said ... "religion and spirituality deal with questions regarding life and death and all, and this certainly does seem like a "miracle," "

Though, I am in no way implying this was a "miracle" ....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

hm. i just prefer medical science for my explanations about returning from the dead. I feel like it's a tad knee-jerk to make this story religious. it's biological and emotional, but not spiritual. not trying to be offensive in any way nor am I hostile toward your views. but i would call it a stretch to say that this is spiritual or that it proves or disproves any precepts of faith.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wasnt Jesus a waiter also, seems he was serving up big loaves of bread and wine.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
They don't embalm dead people in Egypt?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Most Egyptians are muslim, which forbids embalming.

But I'm pretty sure they're allowed to eat butter.

Which is definitely a plus, because butter is the shiz-nit bamboozle.

The only thing better than real butter is bacon and Chuck Norris, but you can't eat Chuck Norris.

However, muslims are not allowed to eat bacon, which is definitely a minus because bacon's bomb-diggityness trumps butter, thus canceling out the plus and bringing them back to zero.

That means Chuck Norris would be the tie-breaker and I don't know what muslims think about Chuck Norris.

So, to briefly recap:

embalming= no
butter= yes
bacon= no
Chuck Norris= ?
edit on 12-5-2012 by stupid girl because: Chuck made me do it

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

It seems that the man was alive the entire time. In some sort of a coma, and incorrectly pronounced dead by some practitioner. During comatose, the respiratory and circulatory systems can slow variably, similar to states of hibernation.

I'm glad the guy woke up in time. It's kinda frightening to think of how many people have been actually killed by funerary preparations or burial because of a mispronouncement of death.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnumOpus
Wasnt Jesus a waiter also, seems he was serving up big loaves of bread and wine.

I thought my dissertation on butter, bacon & Chuck Norris was off topic.

And then I read your post.

You win.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
How could any doctor in this day and age mistakenly pronounce someone dead?

I'm glad someone discovered the mistake before it was too late.
edit on 12-5-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

You'd think so - and it gives me the heebie jeebies thinking about those stories of digging up coffins to find scratch marks inside the coffin.. o.O

A man pronounced dead following a car crash by Australian paramedics who then left the scene has been discharged from hospital after making a remarkable recovery, a report said Friday.

Daniel Huf, 30, was trapped upside down in the wreckage of a Porsche in a Melbourne suburb and was declared dead after being treated at the scene on April 1.

He was reportedly left in the car for up to an hour as police began their investigations until emergency services officials began removing what they thought was a corpse and discovered a feeble pulse.

O.o

'Dead' Australian leaves hospital

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

You're Crazzzzy!

Lol

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
Most Egyptians are muslim, which forbids embalming.

But I'm pretty sure they're allowed to eat butter.

Which is definitely a plus, because butter is the shiz-nit bamboozle.

The only thing better than real butter is bacon and Chuck Norris, but you can't eat Chuck Norris.

However, muslims are not allowed to eat bacon, which is definitely a minus because bacon's bomb-diggityness trumps butter, thus canceling out the plus and bringing them back to zero.

That means Chuck Norris would be the tie-breaker and I don't know what muslims think about Chuck Norris.

So, to briefly recap:

embalming= no
butter= yes
bacon= no
Chuck Norris= ?
edit on 12-5-2012 by stupid girl because: Chuck made me do it

Thank you for breaking it down in terms by which the modern layman can understand.

p.s. I love you.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

It seems that the man was alive the entire time. In some sort of a coma, and incorrectly pronounced dead by some practitioner. During comatose, the respiratory and circulatory systems can slow variably, similar to states of hibernation.

I'll bite. I think possibly that the OP is making a vague allusion to the recent discussions re whether or not Jesus died on the cross.
If skorpion's not, then he's not.....but the first thing that sprang to my miind was, aaAAaa!! There, you see, it's possible even today for people to be mistaken for dead but are NOT.
The baby in the morgue....this guy at his burial.....the old practice of putting a pull-string into the coffin, attached to a bell so that if the person "awoke" they could ring the bell for someone to dig them back up.....
it's known to happen. Eastern mystics are able to induce that kind of "seeming death"....even Juliet had the priestly help....(poor Romeo)....

S/F, Skorpion!!!! Hopefullly some of the recent discussion about whether or not the Essene friends and family of Jesus could have revived him will be paid some attention with this reminder.

Or not.

I wonder what difference it all makes, really.......
in my estimation: None.

But, nevertheless, thanks for posting it here.

edit on 12-5-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just how goddam careless are Egyptian doctors??

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

S/F, Skorpion!!!! Hopefullly some of the recent discussion about whether or not the Essene friends and family of Jesus could have revived him will be paid some attention with this reminder.

Actually, the OP had nothing to do with Jesus.

I intended to pose a lot of "what if"questions regarding our own lives.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
Thank you for breaking it down in terms by which the modern layman can understand.

my pleasure. I figured if we were going to include Chuck, I would take the time to make myself abundantly clear.

p.s. I love you.

but alas, our love is doomed, due to my lustful affinity for butter.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

I intended to pose a lot of "what if"questions regarding our own lives.

like what?

hit me with a couple....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

my pleasure. I figured if we were going to include Chuck, I would take the time to make myself abundantly clear.

The inclusion of Chuck always makes things clear.

but alas, our love is doomed, due to my lustful affinity for butter.
Butter isn't bliss. Check my sig for clarification.

EDIT: Damn. I just realized that's what you were alluding to this whole time. Curse you.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join