It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nosy exam question asks 3rd graders to reveal a "secret". Parents outraged.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by FortAnthem

What do these parents have to hide and why make a young child responsible for the information if they do? Either your child can keep a secret or they can't. Many popular children's stories and poems revolve around secrets. I think the parents are afraid the kid is going to spill stuff like my parents are running a meth lab, hoarding guns, making me have sex with strangers - you know that sort of stuff.

It is a ridiculous argument that ONLY criminals covet their privacy. We all covet our privacy,
otherwise the there would be no sound business in window curtain sales.

This argument is nothing but the self-righteous, egotistical assertion of someone who
believes they are squeaky clean and that all others should be as well....and it misses
the point.

Privacy goes WAY BEYOND the hiding of criminal activity. What if the child's secret were
that he was born a boy, but for medical reasons, he was changed at birth to a girl? (I have
niece starting school in this predicament, FYI).

Or that daddy and mommy have an open relationship and that mommy is dating the
principal and daddy is dating the principal's ex-wife.

Arghhh, the idea that criminals are the only ones who require privacy is a RIDICULOUS
ego-driven self-serving fallacy. And it is people who think like this who wake up and find
ALL of their freedom GONE...and sometimes their very lives at stake

edit on 12-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thus another one of the million reasons I home school my kids.

My daughter is barely 8, can do multiplication and division, knows about science (and has her own science kit to conduct simple experiments), and she has even read several novels and answered my questions about the content adequately.

She recently picked Gulliver's Travels at the library and was capable of answering my questions about the talking horses quite well.

Show me a public school kid aged 8 who can do that.
You will struggle to find one, they are out there though, because their parents probably were involved in their lives and taught them.

But overall you will find the public institution actually holds kids back and slows down their potential progress in learning various concepts or subjects.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
"My mommy and daddy are communists!"

ahahaha

I just... I don't even know.

We don't send our daughter to public school and every time something crazy comes up about the schools, I thank my lucky stars we don't deal with that.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

There was a first grader in our school district that revealed to her teacher that her mother was pagan and had ceremonies with the full moon. CPS came and investigated the entire family, and removed the daughter from the home for six months!

Yeah, reason #4343546 we do not like or use public schools.

They don't need to know my business!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Looks like the state is testing the waters to see what they can get away with. The parents have every right to be outraged. And it's not just that something unflattering might be revealed about the parents & other family members -- the child may be pressured to reveal something about him or herself that can be used against the child.

This kind of spying & prying is par for the course in a totalitarian state. (We are already a "turn-key" totalitarian state.) In the past, children have been used to denounce their parents (Nazi Germany & Red China come to mind.)

Be aware that these things will only get worse in the future. The young have already been brainwashed by the schools & msm that the "One World Federation" (NWO) is a good thing and the old people don't get it.

Take a look at a current thread on "Law of the Sea Treaty" (LOST) that the Senate is being pressured to ratify again. Talk about loss of US sovereignty & national wealth:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-5-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchildren

The threat of Child Protective Services upending innocent parents lives is certainly a legitimate concern. All the arrogant naysayers in this thread, many of them flat out smearing parents because of their concerns, may or may not be aware of the reality. The U.S. Department of Human & Health Services informs us:

Mandated Reporting

Each State has laws requiring certain people to report concerns of child abuse and neglect. While some States require all people to report their concerns, many States identify specific professionals as mandated reporters; these often include social workers, medical and mental health professionals, teachers, and child care providers. Specific procedures are usually established for mandated reporters to make referrals to child protective services.

(Emphasis added)

Any parent even remotely aware of the Wenatchee Fiasco also have genuine reasons for concern when it comes to a government agency prying in any way:

In 1996, a consultant, retired Bellevue Police Chief D.P. Van Blaricom, hired by a city insurer who looked into how the Wenatchee police ran the child abuse investigations, stated that the cases were handled properly. In 1998, Dr. Phillip Esplin, a forensic psychologist for the National Institutes of Health's Child Witness Project said that "Wenatchee may be the worst example ever of mental health services being abused by a state ... to control and manage children who have been frightened and coerced into falsely accusing their parents and neighbors of the most heinous of crimes."[7] In 2001, a jury found the city of Wenatchee and Douglas County, Washington negligent in the 1994-1995 investigations. They awarded $3 million to a couple who had been wrongly accused in the inquiry.[2]

This is not just a case of criminal parents discovering the State of New Jersey is on to them. These parents had good cause to be alarmed by this question.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Actually I am young enough to remember that I was asked this particular question when I was in grade school. The version of the question that appeared on my class test went something along the lines of "What is a secret that you know? And why is it a secret?"

The main reason I remember this question is because everyone in the class was asking questions to the teacher about it. My teacher (who was very nice) said we could write anything we wanted and that it didn't have to be serious. My classmates didn't think anything was wrong with the question, we just didn't know how to define what a secret was.

That was more than a decade ago in Washington state, so states have probably accumulated a decent amount of secrets by now.

Who knows, maybe the government keeps all those juicy third grader secrets on file for national security reasons and that will be wikileaks next big information dump!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

what if this question potential stops child molestation of abuse?Is it so bad then?

when people ask questions... is it only the Anti-Christ trying to steal you child souls and take you guns?

There are other ways of identifying child abuse without asking invasive questions on a written TEST.

I'm sure the teachers of today are taught to recognize suspicious things -- visible bruises, malnourishment, emotional & behavioral problems that may point to serious conditions in the home.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
The only parents outraged are the ones doing crap their not suppose to, either to their children, spouse or somethin illegal... cause I'm pretty sure most 3rd grade secrets are petty. Crushes, hate, or cheating/stealing ... stupid parents

Hold on a second while I go to the store and get you a bigger paint brush; I don't think you painted a broad enough stroke with this statement!

While most secrets are "petty" as you state, what right does a teacher -- or any other adult for that matter -- have in utilizing their position of authority to draw out such a secret?

There are things that my boys don't tell me and there are things I tell them are too important to remain a secret and give them the "green light" so to speak to inform adults absent their mother or me. But to think as you do -- that their privacy is petty -- shows that you think its okay for anyone to pry into the private lives because of the sad excuse of "if they aren't doing anything wrong it shouldn't matter" excuse.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
reply to post by intrptr

There was a first grader in our school district that revealed to her teacher that her mother was pagan and had ceremonies with the full moon. CPS came and investigated the entire family, and removed the daughter from the home for six months!

There it is. Action taken by authorities after the child "told". And against religious freedom too. Child innocently mentions family beliefs, gets grilled. Then teacher "reports" to authorities, who notify CPS and they kidnap the child from the home. That is the worst example of abuse by the state. Thanks for sharing that.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by Starchildren
reply to post by intrptr

There it is. Action taken by authorities after the child "told". And against religious freedom too. Child innocently mentions family beliefs, gets grilled. Then teacher "reports" to authorities, who notify CPS and they kidnap the child from the home. That is the worst example of abuse by the state. Thanks for sharing that.

Make no doubt about it....CPS and by the overall means of the Justice system... do not believe in the mantra of "what is best for the children".

It is all about power.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
So my main question on this topic is what exactly was the question asked of children to write. I would like to know so i could have my own opinion on this...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

this is like some straight up 1984 #. Big brother is watching man.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
It seems rather strange that you have this one example that has people fired up, when here in New Zealand, we have programs for young children, such as Keeping Ourselves Safe, that should there be any family secrets, they're sure going to be REVEALED: KOS

Surely similar programs are in place in the USA & UK?

Though on the surface these programs appear to be q good idea, it does seem to open up the possibility of our children being 'influenced' to INVENT stories during the various 'lessons' in this program. They are also being exposed to sexual discussions at an age when parents might not wish them to be.

On top of this, there's NO allowance for FALSE SEXUAL ALLEGATIONS being made???

It's all geared towards the CHILD MUST BE BELIEVED.

Parents and child carers really need to be very careful about being alone with children. You also need to be careful when disciplining nowadays as even emotional abuse is treated the same as sexual abuse.

As parents we have even less and less control over our children. It seems the STATE wants to own & control them

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11azerus11

I think the parents are afraid the kid is going to spill stuff like my parents are running a meth lab, hoarding guns, making me have sex with strangers - you know that sort of stuff.

I hate this attitude just because I value my privacy doesn't mean i'm cooking meth or hoarding guns even tho i don't think there is anything wrong with the latter one haha and to suggest i'm making my children have sex with strangers is appalling.... do u not like your privacy? I'm surprised that you don't with what you wrote as your headline under your screen name

The GOP game plan is for the affluent and the corporations to control the government essentially an American fascist state.

so when google starts using webcams and mic to "monitor" citizens, your all for it because u have nothing to hide?

I pick my battles.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

What do these parents have to hide and why make a young child responsible for the information if they do? Either your child can keep a secret or they can't. Many popular children's stories and poems revolve around secrets. I think the parents are afraid the kid is going to spill stuff like my parents are running a meth lab, hoarding guns, making me have sex with strangers - you know that sort of stuff.

It is a ridiculous argument that ONLY criminals covet their privacy. We all covet our privacy,
otherwise the there would be no sound business in window curtain sales.

This argument is nothing but the self-righteous, egotistical assertion of someone who
believes they are squeaky clean and that all others should be as well....and it misses
the point.

Privacy goes WAY BEYOND the hiding of criminal activity. What if the child's secret were
that he was born a boy, but for medical reasons, he was changed at birth to a girl? (I have
niece starting school in this predicament, FYI).

Or that daddy and mommy have an open relationship and that mommy is dating the
principal and daddy is dating the principal's ex-wife.

Arghhh, the idea that criminals are the only ones who require privacy is a RIDICULOUS
ego-driven self-serving fallacy. And it is people who think like this who wake up and find
ALL of their freedom GONE...and sometimes their very lives at stake

edit on 12-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

Yeah I guess it would be a ridiculous argument if that was what I was saying but I wasn't.

How do you protect children from parents who are abusive if you do not even have the right to ask them to tell you the truth? Before you blame me for an irrational argument why don't you stop and take the time to think of answers that will solve the dilemma of protecting children while maintaining individual liberty and privacy.

Now all of a sudden everyone is a liberal.

Sheesh.

Two timing back stabbers these weekend liberals.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
In the uk they have asked kids questions about their parents eating, smoking and drinking habits, family habits, social activities, in the last few years. One father I know, was embarresed at a parent teacher meeting, when they were quizzed about their habit of drinking beer in the evening and falling asleep watching tv, the information had come from one of the questionares which his son had filled in. It was officially recorded on the childs file, yet it had been gathered from a supposedly innocent classroom lesson. When his wife explained that he usually worked till late and had one can in front of the tv and yes he frequently fell asleep watching tv, no big deal, but the headmistress said that it was unacceptable behaviour.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I was thinking the other night about all the crazy conspiracies we have in our little world, and more so today than any other past time event.
I tend to get caught up in the tornado of conspiracies and find myself in a mass state of confusion, like the computer that has a major over load and says can not compute, can not compute...A war of the minds is going on here, I tend to forget what really matters around me and get so sucked in I forget who I am sometimes, some of the theories anger me, some make me laugh, and others just seem to confuse me, i would read and re-red and still at lost what i am reading about. Other times I get so tired reading I just go to Youtube and type in a story and just listen and of course i get sucked into that as well.
I think I have to admit I am addicted, addicted to the point that I must see everything before i can do what is the most important in my life, hanging out with family,friends, doing chores, playing with the pets or just social online with friends. Yes my wife sometimes hint ahem ahem its empty in this bed dear without you..and I just say yes dear...What am I doing? My wife just offered a romantic moment and i just over looked it...How stupid, how I am so caught up in all this media jungle of conspiracies I forget the family theory exist here.
Ok, so now I brushed off my wife for a bit and I want to touch base on a matter I have keeping at top of my mind the past few days.

Now we have all these theories from U.F.O.'s to C.I.A. assassinated Kennedy stuff, so much stuff to take on, so much info to input, so much stories to read...How am I to cut it all down and just focus on what matter now?
Since 9/11 I have been in a web of theories and learned so much, but I want now is if 50% of all the info is true about our soon downfall in America and the world, what to do about it..I asked that question a thousand times already and tried to write something but to an end I have nothing.. I am proud for today I went online and I like to use Stumple.com to find all this madness, it's quick and its like a phone book of accurate information on that subject, and so I only care now if this is the end of end of times how can I avoid being the victim of circumstance, being taken down by the Elite or found by the Big brother? I see so much now junk conspiracies i realized the end is not to far away if its true.
I just started a free online course and pray its not from the elite and I am falling into a trap.
Hidden Knowledge-Taking WantToKnow.info to the Next Level is the course so i said what the heck lets get educated a bit and maybe i am finally doing something right. So we have many good peoples in our world that has no hidden agendas but only wants to live life happily with their families and have fun without the thought of N.W.O. or falling meteorites wiping us out.
So I like to be hooked up with those who have true honest intentions to making preparations to study and possibly prevent something like this to happen in our lovely world. so I guess it could be like the 9/11 commission report but instead we call it The Conspiracy prevention group or some odd thing like that.
I am not a violent guy and prefer not to be involved with any kind of hostile groups..I just want to be connected to people who know what they see,hear and what they are doing. If anyone knows such groups please tell me i me much appreciated, I am really trying to weed out all this conspiracy stuff and focus on real facts and real Non Fox news venues.
Frankly I am burned out with it all and it be nice to know someone feels the same as I do.. Are there any real humans out there any more. Please respond. and please dont send me adds to buy survival stuff because frankly half of it is useless if we are faced an on the road situation.. I don't want to build bunkers that can be bombed, i dont want generators that can be heard, I just want good decent people who cares about life and wants to plan the next positive move into the future. Ok I am starting this course first and hope it puts me on the right path, its time to move on and think about no diversions. This website is not my works, I am learning from it and share with you all and hope it helps. Thank You and hope we can make something happen. Link-- www.wanttoknow.info...

edit on 12/5/2012 by Kabayu because: clicked wrong button, meant preview.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Geeze! I'm feeling the need to teach my son to distrust the school and most authority in his life if anything doesn't feel right in his own gut. He's at the ripe old age of 12! I felt a little tin foil hat like in even discussing this with him at this age.

3rd grade, it never occurred to me as even a passing thought, I may actually have been lax by waiting years too long.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

You are NOT alone in the belief of wanting to teach your son to distrust certain things in life as I too wanted to do the very same thing with my little boy (who just turned 13 yesterday) who lives with his mother back East. When he was last out to spend his summer with me last year I came very close in having that "talk" with him to NEVER trust the police but decided not to after my wife (his step mom) talked me out of it because he was too young at 12. He is 13 now and I'll tell you what, I will be "talking" with him on SOME of the things that is wrong/totally corrupt in this country as I am determined not to have him spend most of his young adult life in believing the MANY lies that most of us were taught to believe from the "establishment".

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join