It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook co-founder renounces U.S. citizenship - May. 11, 2012

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

Well, from what I know, Eduardo Saverin is the son of a very rich Brazilian businessman.
When Eduardo was aged 10, his very rich Brazilian father moved to the USA.
I doubt very much that Eduardo Saverin ever needed anything from the USA's "social system". His father probably paid a PRIVATE school for him. He was approved to join Harvard, a private, paid, university.
Eduardo Saverin owes NOTHING to the United States. He and his rich Brazilian family paid for everything they got.
If it wasn't for Saverin giving the initial capital for the start up of Facebook, that thing wouldn't even exist.

If Saverin 'needed nothing from USA' as you claimed, why bother spending the best of his education in USA, and sponging upon the democratic freedom institutions of USA? Being rich, priviledged and sheltered, why leave Brazil at all?

You know jolly well why, so cut the BS. His capitalist father whom made his wealth off the backs of lowly paid workers decided USA was the best place to protect his ill unshared earnings. Being the head of the family, he decides how his son would be educated - by the best, and that's in USA, giving his son OPPORTUNITIES that even many american youths can never dream of - fully paid good education without working his butt off as burger flipper to pay his way through.

Without the peace, prosperity, security and freedom in USA, do you think this Brazillian would have gained the same fame in Brazil? Be honest about it. He would probably become like his father, another capitalist fleecing opportunities and wealth from the backs of citizens in brazil, if he had stayed in his homeland, and not the co-founder of an american dream came true.

'Owe nothing to USA' ? You claimed? Hell, he owe lots. More than the 67 million dollars. A debt that no money can pay in full - honour - paid in blood and sacrifice by millions of Americans to keep America free, the home of the brave and the courageous which he learnt, a lesson he would never have gotten from third world Brazil, even as priviledged and sheltered from the indulgent rich of brazillian society.

And now, he stuck his middle finger at the country that had nurtured him? He is of course free to do as he pleases, but it shows up his character, measured by his actions. $67 million may be peanuts to him, in the view of apple polishers like you that sucks up to characters like him, but do know that the guiding principle of the rich is that they do not get rich by spending, but by saving, and every dollar counts, hoarding it up, even though there is no way one can spend that much in a lifetime, or help guide the next generations with a silver spoon effectively.

Miserly ways when you look long term, for we came into this world with nothing and will leave with nothing anyway. It's the memories that we leave behind, to be elevated to the pedestals of hall of fame as role models, or to be spat upon for generations by the actions and memories of us we leave behind.

Best Saverin have his urn kept elsewhere when he passes on, and never in USA. The spittle may create a flood, damaging further lives in USA and sink his name ever deeper into the mire.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

It will be interesting to see where all this drama leads.
Wonder how close to the ploy the Brazillians partner is.
Gotta be BIG TIME.
oh well just a guess ljb

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Seriously.... Why doesn't this thread have more flags than just 11 at the time of my typing this????

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Regardless of what the propaganda says, this is not how a free society treats people

Apparently it’s not good enough that the company Saverin co-founded has created tens of thousands of jobs, spawned entire industries, and produced oodles of new millionaires. Oh yeah, it’s also made things damn easy for the CIA, NSA, and FBI. You’d think Uncle Sam would pin a medal on his chest.

The lesson here (especially for natural-born citizens) is this: simply by accident of birth, you are born with a lifelong obligation that you never signed up for to finance the corrupt misdealings of the political class. And if you choose to abandon this obligation, they will bar you from ever entering your homeland again.

edit on 22-5-2012 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here's another article which gives more information on why he has renounced his citizenship:

Facebook tax witch hunt looks in wrong place

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think he may have had other motivations for going to Singapore... I mean, why cash out and go there of all places... oooohhhh.... must be a steep entrance fee...

I refer you to this tasty little thread from 2009....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Seriously.... Why doesn't this thread have more flags than just 11 at the time of my typing this????

Errr most folks to timid to tell it like it is??
Cass Sustines weinnies are the only ones here??
Actually most folks are just sleepy in America and other Christian countries.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Regardless of what the propaganda says, this is not how a free society treats people

Apparently it’s not good enough that the company Saverin co-founded has created tens of thousands of jobs, spawned entire industries, and produced oodles of new millionaires. Oh yeah, it’s also made things damn easy for the CIA, NSA, and FBI. You’d think Uncle Sam would pin a medal on his chest.

The lesson here (especially for natural-born citizens) is this: simply by accident of birth, you are born with a lifelong obligation that you never signed up for to finance the corrupt misdealings of the political class. And if you choose to abandon this obligation, they will bar you from ever entering your homeland again.

Yes Edward's plan was well calculated. Far to well for a love possessed youngster. Far to financially rewarding.

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Here's another article which gives more information on why he has renounced his citizenship:

Facebook tax witch hunt looks in wrong place

From the link

Then there’s the effect on attracting citizens from elsewhere. Anecdotal evidence suggests that the complexity and imperialist tendencies of Uncle Sam’s tax system – more so than its rates – turn off potential immigrants. For every Saverin who offloads a U.S. passport (and last year’s tally, although a record, was only 1,780) there could be thousands more who don’t want to get mired in IRS red tape and choose to take their talents, future earning power and tax contributions elsewhere. That’s something really worth getting outraged about.

WHY wasn't this young man and his HANDLERS turned OFF before the ACT??
Develop FARCE BOOK in Brazil or Singapore.
The US does not have to attract anybody. There are more PARASITES with their greedy little paws at and on the shores and borders of America than any other country world wide. Alas they are there in droves also.
And BTW the author really needs to get a grip.
LOL ljb
PS Anecdotal my rump.
edit on 5/22/2012 by longjohnbritches because: from the link

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
I think he may have had other motivations for going to Singapore... I mean, why cash out and go there of all places... oooohhhh.... must be a steep entrance fee...

I refer you to this tasty little thread from 2009....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not to tasty but VERY interesting. I read the OP only.
I have always wondered about Barry's mother's and Timmy's father's Malaysian connection?? Does it STRETCH to Singapore??
Only the Shadow KNOWES

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Excuse me but post and attitudes like yours make me want to puke! You are so wrong on so many points and you do not even realise it! Ever heard of Oxford or Cambridge Universities in the UK? I somehow think the education there is as good as, if not better, than anything in the good ole US of A (fact). His family PAID for his education and never sponged off of Americans, where do you get that from???

Whilst living in the USA he (and his father) paid their taxes for the privilege of living there. Why should anyone pay taxes to a country they do not live in???? I came from the UK but choose to live in S.E. Asia, I have homes in Hong Kong, Thailand and Philippines and I pay taxes in all three countries however, I do not pay tax in the UK (although I did when I lived and worked there). I could afford to live anywhere I want too, yet I would never contemplate the USA, it is just not for me, plenty of people love the life in the US, but although I have visited many times and spent alot of money there, its not for me!

I can unserstand the attraction of places like Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Dubai and many other places for people who can afford a good lifestyle. Life in these places can be certainly much better than anything the USA, Europe or UK can offer. Everyone is entitled to choose where they want to live, if they are free to do so, you must know that the USA is NOT the only (so called) free place in the world and certainly people have alot more freedoms in other countries than you even realise. In places like the USA, Europe and UK you are more restricted than you even realise and you would never know true freedom until you travel and experience.

The man is Brazillian and although he was granted US nationality, he chose to give it up and that is his right, as he no longer lives in the USA.

I think your post stinks of jealousy, which is one of the worst human traits. I agree wealth should be shared in a fairer system for all, but it is not as (especially the US) governments around the world are full of greedy, corrupt, evil, selfish, controlled individuals who are in it for their own agenda's, not yours or mine!

Today we can feed, clothe and house everyone on this planet, but we don't because we follow these governments who fail the world and fail humanity!

You say he should pay $67 million to the US treasury for the privilege of not living in the USA, when the company he founded and funded went public??? I do not see why? What about the people who run your country, do they pay all the tax on ill gotten gains??? Be sure with your answer

I hope he gives the $67 million to charity (a good one, not like unicef where 95% goes to running costs and paying its employees and Directors) but ultimately, its up to him! He could buy $1 million houses in 67 countries other than the USA, I am sure all countries collect some form of property tax, don't they?

Everyone has their own reasons for what they do, he has his and i believe his reasons, they make sense to me! You love your country (as you should) but it is not the only country to enjoy a wonderful lifestyle and freedom.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hongkongphooey

Hi hong
You did not quote anyone here. Your post is lengthy and covers a lot of different points. If you could be a little more specific it would help get you some dialogue going.
At this point I suggest you just go ahead and puke.

Thanks ljb

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
He simply did this
over the taxes.
It has nothing to do
with him hating america
or him not agreeing, he did this
to evade taxes. He is a traitor
and should be hung for treason.
The 1% screwing the people over
once again.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Hi hong
You did not quote anyone here. Your post is lengthy and covers a lot of different points. If you could be a little more specific it would help get you some dialogue going.
At this point I suggest you just go ahead and puke.

Thanks ljb

OK, just puked
Actually it was in reply to Seekeroftruth101 and I originally did reply via quote but had to delete as both his and my post were quite long and I ran out of space. Sorry for my rambling

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I couldn't of said it better...

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Complete Nonsense

He is not a traitor. The traitor is the government who misspends the most of those taxes you pay.
edit on 23-5-2012 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Hi hong
No problem. This is an interesting issue.
I should give up being hall monitor. But I did start the thread.
control freak ljb cheers lol

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey
Excuse me but post and attitudes like yours make me want to puke! You are so wrong on so many points and you do not even realise it!

think your post stinks of jealousy, which is one of the worst human traits. I agree wealth should be shared in a fairer system for all, but it is not as (especially the US) governments around the world are full of greedy, corrupt, evil, selfish, controlled individuals who are in it for their own agenda's, not yours or mine!

Everyone has their own reasons for what they do, he has his and i believe his reasons, they make sense to me! You love your country (as you should) but it is not the only country to enjoy a wonderful lifestyle and freedom.

Your post was in reply to mine? Not too sure as your post seems more like a rant - with pukes, egoistical self righteousness, insane logic of 'jealousy' and irrationalities that it would only be a fool's errand for me to reply.

Nevertheless, you are what you write, and do have a right to your own opinion, just as that slimy bas*ard Saverin has his too.

We humans do have free will and freedom. Freedom is power, and with power comes responsibilities as well as obligations to others within a society that one had grew up in and benefitted from. Being responsible for one's actions is something that is build up over time, takes discipline and sacrifices, but it moulds the character of who we are and what we stand for.

That slimeball Saverin and you do not answer to me. You both only answer to yourselves, for what you both had done, and is how others will look at you both and react to you.

If more like that selfish cad Saverin and you exists, then there is no justification for civilisations to exists. Let us all go back to the jungles, to freely take without giving back, then there is no need for 'jealousy' or whatever other loser claims you wish to heap upon others. You will also need not justify anything that is wrong and right there. Only might is right in jungles.

That's the whole point you are trying to advocate in your post, isn't it? Let's cut the BS without any further pathetic lame excuses, reasons and forked tongue explanations. I have no time for more BS. Too much had already been forced upon mankind by the elites and their apple polishing followers.

Thanks heavens not every American thinks like that ball of sleeze Saverin and you.

All the best, and may you enjoy your jungles. Mankind does not welcome beasts into civilisations, for they are dangerous and will only cause harm and hurt to other humans in every and anyway possible selfishly. But when you are ready to behave responsibly and bear your social obligations to society, I am sure we will gladly welcome folks like you back into civilisation, for you too, were born a human, only confused and corrupted in your mind along the journey of life.

edit on 23-5-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Er, what did I do? I have paid every penny of tax I have had to in the UK when I lived there! Unlike the USA, the UK does not tax expats living overseas if they do not stay in the UK for more than 90 days (I believe) in one calender year (although I do understand that is changing). I no longer own any properties in the UK, nor do I have any dependents or ties there anymore, although i do visit friends occassionally and have even loaned money to those in trouble (although it rarely gets paid back!).

I pay taxes in the countries that I work and reside in and I pay my employees very well, so I think you are jumping to some very wrong assumptions and it is you that is ranting and yes your jealousy is obvious!

As you are free in your country, you are entitled to open your own business, make profits and enjoy them, stop worrying about others and I bet Savarin has paid more taxes to the US government in the past than you may ever earn in your lifetime (with your sorry jealous attitude).

Also, you hate me because why? Because i have worked hard in my 46 years on this planet and in the last several years have finally found financial security after coming from a very poor, single parent background, where my mum had three jobs to clothe and feed my late brother and me, when we were children. Now she does not have to worry for much as I have given her a much better and secure life as I am able too.

I give large amounts of money regularly to an orphanage in Thailand and have sponsored several orphaned kids full education, as well donate money to help street children in the Philippines to a better life!

What have you ever done to judge me or anyone else??? Don't worry I am able to live with myself, I am much loved by my friends, family and acquaintances because of my kind, generous nature and happy go lucky attitude in life! I wish I could do more to help others but I also have to live my own life and raise my son!

Unless you have given up every penny you have ever earned and dedicated your life to live in the (your so called) jungle helping people with less than you, you shouldn't judge others without knowing the facts! You base your ideals on assumptions not facts, because its impossible for you to know the real facts, if you just believe everything you read, see or hear!

edit on 23/5/12 by Hongkongphooey because: typo

edit on 23/5/12 by Hongkongphooey because: typo

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey

I pay taxes in the countries that I work and reside in and I pay my employees very well, so I think you are jumping to some very wrong assumptions and it is you that is ranting and yes your jealousy is obvious!

stop worrying about others and I bet Savarin has paid more taxes to the US government in the past than you may ever earn in your lifetime

I give large amounts of money regularly to an orphanage in Thailand and have sponsored several orphaned kids full education, as well donate money to help street children in the Philippines to a better life!

I am much loved by my friends, family and acquaintances because of my kind, generous nature and happy go lucky attitude in life! I wish I could do more to help others but I also have to live my own life and raise my son!

Unless you have given up every penny you have ever earned and dedicated your life to live in the (your so called) jungle helping people with less than you, you shouldn't judge others without knowing the facts! You base your ideals on assumptions not facts, because its impossible for you to know the real facts, if you just believe everything you read, see or hear!

Hi hong,
With all do respect for your caring of others out there mostly in Asia.
I can see why you might be duped into siding with Edwardo.
Unfortunately as a British Citizen born and raised there?? might I ask?
The most important thing here for you is this.
The American taxpayer has seen it's yearly tax increase astronomically since W 11.
Do you have a clue as to why??
I doubt you do.
It is because the AMERICAN TAXPAYER has been subsidizing every country you help
(and I won't say in a small way because what ever it is , is BIG in my book)
in a Big way PLUS hundreds of other countries as well. Not only with a bundle of cash BUT HUMAN death, blood, sweat and the tears of the mourning families.
Not to mention Brazil and Singapore would be third world if not for AMERICA.
. This young man came to AMERICA because his life was in DANGER.
His pay back is a priceless one. And only a cad would slink off as he does.
But I know in my heart he is just the tool of the real evil ones.
sadly ljb

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join