It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook co-founder renounces U.S. citizenship - May. 11, 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches

I do understand your point however, contrary to popular American opinion, the USA is not the only contributor to poor nations, the UK, Europe Japan and China contribute huge amounts to these same countries as well. How much of your US aid reaches the poor people of the Philippines? The US politicians taught the Philippine politicians how to steal from the aid provided and their own people, then they took it to a new level. In one day I can make one life better, a person feel loved and in that there is much reward. I obviously cannot help everyone but I can do my best!

You want the USA to take credit for every success story??? You want to hold one man responsible for the way US taxes are collected, used and abused?

I believe you should pay tax in the country you live and work. This man no longer lives in the USA and has not done so for a while! I guess he pays tax in Singapore now, which is, by the way, now one of the most expensive states to live in.

To live in the US is quite cheap if you compare prices and taxes, to Europe, UK and Japan. Many countries in the world have tax breaks to attract wealthy people to invest, this is something the USA seriously needs to look at as there is a serious lack of investment in the USA these days, as most products are produced in Asia and Latin America.

When this man used his own wealth to invest in a start up company called Facebook he could have lost his investment as the majority of investors worldwide have, he was one of the lucky ones, I say good luck to him!

Sorry we do not agree on tax issues. I believe that a flat tax for all is fair (say 25% of what you earn) and I hate taxes like GST, VAT and Sales Tax, which is, in my opinion, a complete fraud by governments worldwide for taxing people on goods they buy using monies they already paid tax on!

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey

I do understand your point however, contrary to popular American opinion, the USA is not the only contributor to poor nations, the UK, Europe Japan and China contribute huge amounts to these same countries as well. How much of your US aid reaches the poor people of the Philippines? The US politicians taught the Philippine politicians how to steal from the aid provided and their own people, then they took it to a new level. In one day I can make one life better, a person feel loved and in that there is much reward. I obviously cannot help everyone but I can do my best!

You want the USA to take credit for every success story??? You want to hold one man responsible for the way US taxes are collected, used and abused?

I believe you should pay tax in the country you live and work. This man no longer lives in the USA and has not done so for a while! I guess he pays tax in Singapore now, which is, by the way, now one of the most expensive states to live in.

To live in the US is quite cheap if you compare prices and taxes, to Europe, UK and Japan. Many countries in the world have tax breaks to attract wealthy people to invest, this is something the USA seriously needs to look at as there is a serious lack of investment in the USA these days, as most products are produced in Asia and Latin America.

When this man used his own wealth to invest in a start up company called Facebook he could have lost his investment as the majority of investors worldwide have, he was one of the lucky ones, I say good luck to him!

Sorry we do not agree on tax issues. I believe that a flat tax for all is fair (say 25% of what you earn) and I hate taxes like GST, VAT and Sales Tax, which is, in my opinion, a complete fraud by governments worldwide for taxing people on goods they buy using monies they already paid tax on!

There is not much you can tell me about the Philippines.
I was there I saw this. This is the dues real Americans pay along with their taxes. You Britts would be speaking German and Brazil would still be a Primitive jungle.

Once the fire was finally under control, the time had come to tally up the loss of life and the damages. One hundred and thirty-four men had lost their lives, twenty-one aircraft were destroyed and forty-three others damaged. The cost to repair the carrier was reckoned at $72 million. The Forrestal made her way to the Philippines and then home, arriving at Norfolk on September 14.
USS Forrestal The Tragic Fire - July 29, 1967
forrestal.org/fidfacts/page13.htm

United States foreign aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid - Similarto United States foreign aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Foreign Assistance Data By Country Excel ... by donor, recipient, sector, and other criteria. Using the AidData database, it is possible to search for U.S. foreign aid activities financed ...

Show me where the American taxpayer is out done with there generosity.
Just show me.

Edwardo may walk with the BUCKS but his head is hangin LOW. ljb
PS there are many where he comes from. No one is singling him out.
It's his method and the amount that screams FRAUD.
edit on 5/24/2012 by longjohnbritches because: ho

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yes thank you, I am on my knees thanking you for saving good old Blighty from the Gerries, you guys watch far too many John Wayne movies! We beat them together, as partners, allies, something Americans really do seem to forget!!!

So let me understand your rational, because the guy paid to be educated in the USA, paid taxes whilst he lived there and invested in a huge success story, he should forever be obligated to pay taxes in a country he no longer lives in, right?

OK, I still hold a British passport, I left the country 26 years ago, in your opinion should I still pay taxes in the UK even though I do not derive any income from there or have any family, property or assets there???

I guess everyone should just pay taxes to the US and all be thankful for the good old USA 'protector of the universe' eh? Isn't that the way things are going with the NWO anyway?

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hongkongphooey

Yes thank you, I am on my knees thanking you for saving good old Blighty from the Gerries, you guys watch far too many John Wayne movies! We beat them together, as partners, allies, something Americans really do seem to forget!!!

So let me understand your rational, because the guy paid to be educated in the USA, paid taxes whilst he lived there and invested in a huge success story, he should forever be obligated to pay taxes in a country he no longer lives in, right?

OK, I still hold a British passport, I left the country 26 years ago, in your opinion should I still pay taxes in the UK even though I do not derive any income from there or have any family, property or assets there???

I guess everyone should just pay taxes to the US and all be thankful for the good old USA 'protector of the universe' eh? Isn't that the way things are going with the NWO anyway?

I was certainly not trying take anything away from any nation. I have friends and family in a lot of them.
You still seem to dismiss the fact that he came here to the States because he or his parents feared for his LIFE. I guess there is no value in your eyes for this. That's ok it is not a tax matter.
The crux to me is the whole scenario stinks more because it presents itself more as a scam than a true change of hart about where to live. His folks did not contribute to the funding of education in this country If his folks are as rich as is reported and he probably doesn't even need the money anyway.
Here is a little about his schooling and taxes.

Harvard Has $31.7B Tax-Exempt Endowment—But Still Got $5.6M in ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread835857/pg1

Harvard's tax-exempt endowment got bigger by more than $4 Billion in 2011. They Still took tuition and fee money from federal grants and student loans. Yale and ... This will burst soon I am guessing when interest rates go up.

AND from the OP incase you never read it.

By 1993, Saverin's father had become wealthy, and in 1993 it was discovered that his son Eduardo´s name had been placed on a list of kidnapping victims by gangs specializing in kidnapping for ransom. As a result, the family moved to Miami to find a safer place to live.

Did you also read about his inside trading activity??
edit on 5/24/2012 by longjohnbritches because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join