It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Taking Off (1/27/11 Essie KY)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I found it interesting that there seems to be some kind of small green lights that swiftly flash on the right of the object at 0:08 - 0:09

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I saw this almost as soon as it was posted to Mufon earlier today, and after watching it carefully, it looked like a real genuine event to me, because of the rich color and shape of the object and because I read the case report..

Your Uncle's case report looks honest so there is no reason not to believe he really saw and recorded an unknown object..

I'll bet being there in person would have revealed much more than what the footage shows.. Sure there has been better vids, but this one is not the usual type, it looks to me like a real unknown..

Checking these reports almost daily for several years can really help a person's discernment-

Thank you for posting it and your Uncle's words on it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Forget the steel burning brightly, the fact that the MIC was ON the whole time and NOT ONE world of being amazed or describing what they are seeing is enough for me.

FAKE!

(I get that you may be nervous and excited, but not even the breath of excitement is heard)

That's a valid point but simply put, my uncle is not a very excitable person. He's very quiet. Some people just don't react like you'd expect or want. This man is someone who has lived in the mountains all of his life and hunts a lot. He probably treated this event like he treats any other hunting event, by staying calm and quiet.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by B0Bthrob

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedOne
Forget the steel burning brightly, the fact that the MIC was ON the whole time and NOT ONE world of being amazed or describing what they are seeing is enough for me.

FAKE!

(I get that you may be nervous and excited, but not even the breath of excitement is heard)

That's a valid point but simply put, my uncle is not a very excitable person. He's very quiet. Some people just don't react like you'd expect or want. This man is someone who has lived in the mountains all of his life and hunts a lot. He probably treated this event like he treats any other hunting event, by staying calm and quiet.

I am not attacking you but perhaps you should have mentioned something about how he is on a daily basis so people like me wouldn't make judgments like that.

I do agree however that not everyone reacts the same way, and if he reacts that way (calmed and relaxed) then you should ask him to try to make contact with them and maybe he won't $h1t his pants like most of us would!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Thank you for the kind words. I'm slightly bothered by the reactions of a lot of people on this site. Not just because I truly believe that my uncle isn't dumb or a liar, but I'm concerned about how people would react if I ever were to share my own recorded paranormal experiences, if I ever was fortunate enough to record any. It's not completely a bad thing though to be skeptical though. This site would go down the toilet if everyone just believed everything that gets posted on here.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sorry, but it looks bogus to me. There are no reference points, no detail, and the end where it "takes off" could very easily just be somebody moving the camera in the opposite direction. I don't know what it was. Christmas lights on a hill, maybe? It looks odd, and somebody comes up with a story to go with it. Adding it up:

Dubious story.
Unclear video.

I guess that pretty much sums up about 99 percent of all UFO reports these days.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by B0Bthrob

More wise and older people tend to not get so excited like our younger folks, simply because they have a learned aptitude for certain things... Many people don't realize this because to do so, they would be admitting they aren't so wise

Personally, I don't see how being all excited and babbling on a video like we sometimes see, gives any credit to a report, unlike some posters here seem to..

ETA,

Yes, a lot of ats users have been hoaxed so many times in the past, that it has made reporting the real genuine events all the harder.. don't let it bother you to the point of not wanting to participate in sharing an experience.. There are still a lot of people that will be wanting to hear it..

The funny thing about this, is it is the actual goal of the military for just this sort of thing to happen.. I think their disinformation efforts are for the most part, on autopilot these days, because there have been a lot of homemade haoxers out there..makes there job pretty darn easy..
edit on 11-5-2012 by alienreality because: edit to add

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

I get what you're saying. I guess I'm too excited about having my own credible footage of a ufo taken by a family member to really notice how suspicious it seems that he doesn't speak in the video. He was alone at the time and I think we can both agree that most people tend to be quieter by themselves than when they're around other people. Double that with his calm and quiet personality and you have one calm and collected man taking a video of something strange he saw.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by alienreality

Thank you for the kind words. I'm slightly bothered by the reactions of a lot of people on this site. Not just because I truly believe that my uncle isn't dumb or a liar, but I'm concerned about how people would react if I ever were to share my own recorded paranormal experiences, if I ever was fortunate enough to record any. It's not completely a bad thing though to be skeptical though. This site would go down the toilet if everyone just believed everything that gets posted on here.

I am happy and sad at the same time with that statement.
Sad because it is true, and I have said it a million times in here. If I ever recorded something no matter how legit it may be, there will always be someone saying it was fake even though I recorded it and know nothing else was there.

Happy because you know what it takes to post something on ATS. There will be people asking a million questions to get to the bottom of this.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Fair enough I suppose. Although, I think something like christmas lights can be ruled out because he was aiming at the sky and he knows that area like the back of his hand. He's not ignorant. He doesn't even believe in aliens or ufos. I tried to tell him that what he saw could be considered a ufo and he didn't like that I called it that because he attributes ufos to aliens. He's a simple, christian man. He does think that it's something unusual. So much so that he drew a picture of it on a sketchpad that I want him to mail to me. He has another video that he took on his sd card that I think is just as credible and unusual but because he doesn't remember the incident too well, I'm hesitant to upload it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

With no reference point, we cannot tell if he is aiming in the sky, or where he was aiming at all. That's what makes this video a little hard for some to believe.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Please post the UNEDITED video in it's entirety.....not clips. Also, your uncle keeps to himself, yet he reported this to MUFON with the video? I don't know about you, but you would have to be a member of a conspiracy site like ATS to even know of MUFON.

Also, this happened 17 months ago. what took so long for you to get the video? Also, you must have a photographic memory of his recollection of the event since he told it to you over the phone.

edit on 11-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Please explain what you mean. I may be confused. The first video is the entire video that I pieced together using the two original videos. The first video is of the object hovering around and the second video is of the object flying away. He accidentally stopped recording and started again thankfully right before it took off. He did not post that to mufon. I did with his permission. He has no computer and isn't interested in aliens or ufos. He told me his account of the event over the phone and I typed it.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Please explain what you mean. I may be confused. The first video is the entire video that I pieced together using the two original videos. The first video is of the object hovering around and the second video is of the object flying away. He accidentally stopped recording and started again thankfully right before it took off. He did not post that to mufon. I did with his permission. He has no computer and isn't interested in aliens or ufos. He told me his account of the event over the phone and I typed it.

So he conveniently stopped recording....zero reference points...ugh. This could be anything!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm so lost. Is it just me, or are both your videos he same video?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

It's not needed for me to believe him or in what i'm seeing on the video but it is hard for me to convince other people that this is a true ufo on video because like you said, there's no reference point, it's really dark and the object is far away. It never seems easy to please everyone when it comes to capturing unexpected and unusual events but that's what keeps this subject mysterious and exciting.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
I'm so lost. Is it just me, or are both your videos he same video?

I think we both got confused. Both videos I posted are of the same video and that video is composed of two clips. The clip before he accidentally stopped recording and the second clip after he continued recording. I just pieced them together so that I wouldn't have to post both on youtube.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
No, I understand now. Got it.

But, I'm very suspicious of your tale.....seems like your uncle went way out of his way to "clear up" why there are two different videos, and not just one. Which is strange to me...the wording.

I think this is your attempt to hoax ATS. BUT don't take it personally, I just don't believe the story and your enthusiasm over these videos. How on earth could you get excited, as you are, and call them ET craft? Do you not have an ounce of skeptic in you? I mean, you HaVE seen the videos, right?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
At this point 5 flags and 5 stars for an orange light in the dark the ufo boys on here never cease to amaze me

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

At this point 5 flags and 5 stars for an orange light in the dark the ufo boys on here never cease to amaze me

Yes, I don't get it. AT ALL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join