It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UFO Taking Off (1/27/11 Essie KY)

page: 5
8
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I posted above my thoughts on what I think is being shown in the video, as well as how useless it is regardless of what is being shown.

That being said, B0Bthrob, you are trying a little too hard to push acceptance of this video, which makes me even more skeptical, not of the video, but of you.

You can stand up and holler about how your family wouldn't lie to you all you want, but that doesn't make the story or video any more believable to the rest of us. How is it that you fail to understand this, and would rather roll your eyes at the community and slander us for the lack of acceptance? It's a little immature if you ask me. It's almost as if you're upset that you had this brilliant idea to fake a video, and now you're mad cause we're not biting. Not saying that IS the case, but your posts are painting that picture, well at least for me. And as a result, I will be sure to take any of your posts with a grain of salt in the future.

You need to understand, that there are a LOT of people on ATS that would believe moths in a street lamp = alien invasion on video. However, there are people in this community that have probably the best insight into these types of videos than anywhere else on the web, and it's been my experience, that the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

When your uncle (if he exists) calls you up and tells you he was just %#!@'ing with you because of all the time you spend on sites like ATS, the alien posters in your room, and your box set collection of the X-Files.... will you apologize? (okay, not a very fair assessment, but how are we to know?)

ETA
 
Well that turned out a little more snide than expected
I apologize if I offend, just trying to paint a picture for the OP here. To credit the OP, I've seen much worse, and you have been pretty civil.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside
 
Good words.. I totally agree




posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
I posted above my thoughts on what I think is being shown in the video, as well as how useless it is regardless of what is being shown.

That being said, B0Bthrob, you are trying a little too hard to push acceptance of this video, which makes me even more skeptical, not of the video, but of you.

You can stand up and holler about how your family wouldn't lie to you all you want, but that doesn't make the story or video any more believable to the rest of us. How is it that you fail to understand this, and would rather roll your eyes at the community and slander us for the lack of acceptance? It's a little immature if you ask me. It's almost as if you're upset that you had this brilliant idea to fake a video, and now you're mad cause we're not biting. Not saying that IS the case, but your posts are painting that picture, well at least for me. And as a result, I will be sure to take any of your posts with a grain of salt in the future.

You need to understand, that there are a LOT of people on ATS that would believe moths in a street lamp = alien invasion on video. However, there are people in this community that have probably the best insight into these types of videos than anywhere else on the web, and it's been my experience, that the simplest answer is usually the correct one.

When your uncle (if he exists) calls you up and tells you he was just %#!@'ing with you because of all the time you spend on sites like ATS, the alien posters in your room, and your box set collection of the X-Files.... will you apologize? (okay, not a very fair assessment, but how are we to know?)

ETA
 
Well that turned out a little more snide than expected
I apologize if I offend, just trying to paint a picture for the OP here. To credit the OP, I've seen much worse, and you have been pretty civil.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)


So I should completely allow people to call me and my loved one a liar? Would you be okay with that? I'm sorry but I'm not okay with that. So I won't apologize for defending myself and stating my opinion. I know it's easy to forget because we're on the internet, behind computer screens, but I'm a person and so is my uncle. I really don't care whether anyone believes him or me. I believe him, like I said. I have no reason not to. He hasn't lied to me in the past. He has no computer and he would've kept these videos on his card without anyone ever seeing them if I hadn't asked him to mail it to me.

I'm more upset with knowing that some people have and probably still do post real footage of something they can't explain on here and get called a liar or a fool for doing so. That bothers me more than people believing in anything they see. What also bothers me is that instead of a simple, "no. I don't believe you. This is fake.", most people on here go on and on and on about how fake the video is and how much of a liar the op is and how sure they are that the video is faked.

People on here seem to be taking this personal like I'm trying to sell these videos to them for money. All I did was decide to share this with the ATS community and I get bombarded with rude remarks. Everyone just needs to sit back, grab a drink and relax. I am only one man sharing videos that were filmed by another man. There's no need for the arrogant and snide remarks.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX

Originally posted by B0Bthrob

Originally posted by dejarmaX
reply to post by B0Bthrob
 
Just another boring story IMO.... This could be footage of a light at the end of someone's garden for all we know zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At the end of the day one either believes what they're told or they don't--- without any evidence what so ever I personally choose not to believe that what I'm being told is what is being claimed



The difference between me and you is I trust my own family member and you don't trust someone you don't know. That's natural and you are free to believe what you want.
The difference between me and you is: I'm street wise enough to know that 'most' would treat this kind of claim in the same way I have (whether or not you 'believe' it to be true is irrelevant) & wouldn't bother putting it into the public domain for this very reason!
edit on 11-5-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)


I am proud of you for your street wisdom but I should be free to post videos on here without people being rude and telling me how I shouldn't have posted the videos. I understand that you think this is a hoax but do you really need to be a broken record about it?
edit on 11-5-2012 by B0Bthrob because: typo



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by B0Bthrob

Originally posted by dejarmaX

Originally posted by B0Bthrob

Originally posted by dejarmaX
reply to post by B0Bthrob
 
Just another boring story IMO.... This could be footage of a light at the end of someone's garden for all we know zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At the end of the day one either believes what they're told or they don't--- without any evidence what so ever I personally choose not to believe that what I'm being told is what is being claimed



The difference between me and you is I trust my own family member and you don't trust someone you don't know. That's natural and you are free to believe what you want.
The difference between me and you is: I'm street wise enough to know that 'most' would treat this kind of claim in the same way I have (whether or not you 'believe' it to be true is irrelevant) & wouldn't bother putting it into the public domain for this very reason!
edit on 11-5-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)


I am proud of you for your street wisdom but I should be free to post videos on here without people being rude and telling me how I shouldn't have posted the videos. I understand that you think this is a hoax but do you really need to be a broken record about it?
edit on 11-5-2012 by B0Bthrob because: typo
You know what: I really don't give a #e what you think! Just as you obviously don't give a #e what I think! So there ya go... Have fun



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I commend you for hangin in there dude. Bringing something in this category to ATS is like jumping in a proverbial lions den. Its harder to tame a hungry lion. They will tell you nothing personal while they eat you. You wanted feedback, looks like you got it. Water off a ducks back...



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Cigarette litin the dark



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hmm.Interesting video.But,like others have said it could be anything.

Anyway to get a video/picture of the area this was taken as a reference?

I tend to believe you op.I don't think you're delibrately hoaxing anything.

ETA : It's entirely possible the op is being played.If that's the case he'll find out soon enough.
edit on 11-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX
reply to post by B0Bthrob
 
Just another boring story IMO.... This could be footage of a light at the end of someone's garden for all we know zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At the end of the day one either believes what they're told or they don't--- without any evidence what so ever I personally choose not to believe that what I'm being told is what is being claimed



Why don't you try to prove this is fake...instead of being rude?

Oh wait,you won't.You'll just continue to make rude remarks to the op.

And I'm sure that's all your reply will be to me too.



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX

Originally posted by B0Bthrob

Originally posted by dejarmaX

Originally posted by B0Bthrob

Originally posted by dejarmaX
reply to post by B0Bthrob
 
Just another boring story IMO.... This could be footage of a light at the end of someone's garden for all we know zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

At the end of the day one either believes what they're told or they don't--- without any evidence what so ever I personally choose not to believe that what I'm being told is what is being claimed



The difference between me and you is I trust my own family member and you don't trust someone you don't know. That's natural and you are free to believe what you want.
The difference between me and you is: I'm street wise enough to know that 'most' would treat this kind of claim in the same way I have (whether or not you 'believe' it to be true is irrelevant) & wouldn't bother putting it into the public domain for this very reason!
edit on 11-5-2012 by dejarmaX because: (no reason given)


I am proud of you for your street wisdom but I should be free to post videos on here without people being rude and telling me how I shouldn't have posted the videos. I understand that you think this is a hoax but do you really need to be a broken record about it?
edit on 11-5-2012 by B0Bthrob because: typo
You know what: I really don't give a #e what you think! Just as you obviously don't give a #e what I think! So there ya go... Have fun


Oh but you do care or you wouldn't keep replying.If you don't than either contribute something to the thread worthwhile or see your way out of it.There's absolutely no need for you to be so rude to the op.Instead of doing that...why don't you spend your time putting together a well thought out post debunking the video?



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne
 


I believe in UFOs, but we have a lot of wantabes out there in one fashion or another.

I will offer the opinion that this "object" could be nothing more than the glowing coals in the uncle's coal-fired stove.

Regardless, UFO exist and the triangles are ours.

edit on 11-5-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78
 
Who's suggesting anyone is deliberately hoaxing anything!? I've no idea if what I'm told & seeing is real here! I've been given no reason to believe what the op is putting forward has any validity at all... So why do you? All due respect



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
why don't you spend your time putting together a well thought out post debunking the video?
Give me something to debunk & I'll do me best!! But IMO there's nothing to debunk! All I'm seeing is a red blur on a black background & a nice story to back it up... All due respect but it's up to the op & your good self to put forward something worth debunking.. It's not down to me to prove anything because I'm not the one making an extraordinary claim! You obviously don't understand the concept--- But no problem, I'm used to it



posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dejarmaX

Originally posted by nightstalker78
why don't you spend your time putting together a well thought out post debunking the video?
Give me something to debunk & I'll do me best!! But IMO there's nothing to debunk! All I'm seeing is a red blur on a black background & a nice story to back it up... All due respect but it's up to the op & your good self to put forward something worth debunking.. It's not down to me to prove anything because I'm not the one making an extraordinary claim! You obviously don't understand the concept--- But no problem, I'm used to it


I didn't post the video.So it isn't up to me prove a damn thing to you.I have my doubts about it..but I can make my point without being rude as you have been.I think it's more likely the op is being taken for a ride but really believes this is a UFO.Forget the story for one minute...okay,you see a red blur.What do you think it is?How do you think they(he) went about filming it?That's what I'm getting at.It's easy for anyone to come into a thread and yell FAKE! And then not prove it is....Just like if I were to say it is 100 % real and than not offer you any kind of proof as to why I think that it is.
edit on 11-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: spelling



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Hey OP,

First of all, thank you for your post. I've watched the videos a few times, and am admittedly no expert, so my opinion comes from personal experience. I've only recently begun sharing my sighting of a craft that happened about 12-13 years ago. I finally reported it to MUFON, though this far down the road it doesn't do much good, I suppose. It was real. Period. And I have to say that the coloration and the final speed of exit are very similar to my experience, and that I can see it from what is posted, jumpy footage and all. That, of course, proves nothing, but it is the only thing I have to work with. Having had a sighting of a craft of some kind, I know what I saw and that is that, but all I have is a memory seared into my head, and not a shred of proof. (perfect circle, red/orange glow with no glare, silent, under a grey cloud cover during the middle of the day, went along smoothly due north and then turned into a line of light it went so fast, dematerializing shortly after it started streaking away).

So, given you know the source personally, and this is someone you trust wouldn't be playing an elaborate hoax on you, and that it has strong parallels to my own experience, I'm really happy you posted, as it makes me feel less alone. It is an awesome thing to touch the unknown just once in your life, even through someone else close to you. The only reason I'm here at ATS is because of my own sighting, incidentally, and my desire to seek out more information. For you, there is now no "what if," there is "I know." And that is a gift no one can take away.

Peace,
AB



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by B0Bthrob
 



I believe in intelligent life beyond what most of us know, I believe in spiritual realms and quantum science that may eventually help us understand - and also that we are developing, evolving to be able to sense or command these possible realms of existence. And if there were extraterrestrial or inter-dimensional involvement on this planet and we are not fully a part of why yet, it would be exactly this type of bickering. We are so primitive in our defenses which stem from this reactivity we have to each other. It's really as if we have evolved to need permission for the way we think or how we feel. If someone else is not coherent to your understanding, or highly caustic in their assessments, it would seem to be a teaching moment in which the lesser intelligent, those less evolved and those naysayers who simple do so because they are deeply unhappy with life enough to challenge it and often in aggressive ways, to simply ignore it - and respond to those on board with our evolving consciousness. In a vote of support, work on that reactivity. It took me years to be able to understand that if someone is angry, I re-victimize myself by allowing negativity (hence the stress hormones and damaging response to me physiologically). I kind of laughed when I saw the messages when I first joined about 'playing nice'. My response is why is anyone letting someone get to them? Especially here, are we so childish that we can't ignore the brutes and egotists and promote the well mannered? In an old ancient tale, Archangel Micheal confronted the devil, who was provoking him with his complaints and inciting him to fight - and he wisely retorts, "God rebukes you," and flies away. There was a huge message in that. Just sayin. Thanks for posting, it's definitely in line with the rest of the stories out there.



posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
gotta say bob your uncles filmed an object and by his discription of it sounds like the one bob lazar worked on, which my misses and i watched close up in 98, no vids no but at that moment in time we were"t jumpin up and down screamin, we were awestryck and by the time it left our sight thats when we looked at each other and says did ya saw what i saw and the freakin out starts and from then on have seen many close ups.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard
 


Thank you for the kind words. I have had my fair share of supernatural experiences and it scares me to think of who I might be right now if i hadn't had those experiences. Don't ever let anyone convince you that they know what you saw more than you do because the truth is, as much as there are people who believe in anything they want to believe, there are people who try their hardest to validate their non-belief in a very biased way. Everyone has a comforting answer to life's mysteries. Everyone wants to label themselves. They want to be the republican or the democrat. The atheist or the religious. I think we need to stop picking sides and we need to listen and learn from one another.
edit on 13-5-2012 by B0Bthrob because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by B0Bthrob
 


Unique? You serious? A blurred light filmed against a black background and you say Aliens?? Believe me my uncle wouldn't lie.... Lol. Oh boy!!
Listen, I'm god...believe me and you'll live forever! Believe me??




top topics



 
8
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join