It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World to not end in 2012, according to the Mayans

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The end of the world is just a myth. It is created in the minds of those pre-programmed by TV's. The Mayans were very knowledgeable by their understanding of the stars, but the 2012 thing is just an end to their calendar.

This news of finding dates long after the 2012, is just what everyone else in here have been saying all alone. 21 December 2012, it will be just another day in the history of Earth....oh and a discredit to the Mayans (for those who want Earth to not exist)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
How convenient that they find this house with all the answers 7 months before the end of the long-count. Where are these calculations they talk about? All I see is a few glyphs.

Funny how MSM is accepted to be credible regarding certain topics and not others. Make your minds up.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
the end of the world has already ended as the older generation knew it but the current generation grew up in it and dont really notice it because thats all we know welcome to the technological age

travis

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
i mean i don't think anyone was really expecting the world to end, maybe go on in a horrible condition at most. but what gets me is national geographic says something and people take it as truth no questions asked. if someone were to do that with a in5d.com article they'd get some scrutiny. Not using the sceptical mind efficiently

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What significant timing. I never thought a big change was going to happen in 2012 like the Mayans predicted until now. Why would they release this info right now? The conspiracy side of me thinks that they found something or know something else and want to keep the public feeling safe.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dJbdJb
How convenient that they find this house with all the answers 7 months before the end of the long-count. Where are these calculations they talk about? All I see is a few glyphs.

Funny how MSM is accepted to be credible regarding certain topics and not others. Make your minds up.

You say all in a very few lines.

Also it is very interesting that the one that has released this news has send it to all news sites around the world.

It could be interesting that news of UFO spread like this one so fast.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lke123

Thanks. One of my skills

I'm surprised this discussion isn't a bit more popular. I know there's a similar thread, but even that's only a couple of pages long. Where are all the undebunkers?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
WHAT ! So you mean i have to finish paying for this House and Range Rover ? You're kidding right ? That wasn't the plan !!!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Thanks. One of my skills

I'm surprised this discussion isn't a bit more popular. I know there's a similar thread, but even that's only a couple of pages long. Where are all the undebunkers?
being debunked id expect

posted on May, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's weird that the so called medallion on their chests don't have any artwork. The circular object appears to be a hole. These could have been sacrificial victims who had their hearts ripped out.

Here's the guys who have an unusual headdress not known to Mesoamerica. These were likely foreign captives sacrificed to the Mayan gods.

The circular hole could represent the moon, sun, Venus or Mars. Which one of these planetary bodies represents the heart to the Mayans?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I don't know about world ending in 2012 but it is clear that humanity will experience a catastrophic "reset" by the end of the current year or there abouts. The Mayans have predicted this along with Hopi Native Americans, Hindi of India and others, and evidence abounds throughout the planet that this has taken place in the past. There are structures on planet earth that defy belief and have no rational explanation to their existence but yet they are there. Humanity has been "reset" on four previous occasions with each period lasting about six thousand years between start and end and it appears that we are at the end of the last cycle according to legends. The current cycle started some six thousand years ago which by-the-way is exactly what some in Christian beliefs say that Adam and Eve were created. I can't say what keeps "resetting" humanity back to square one but evidence is abundant that this is a cyclical event and may even account for the myth of Atlantis.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by trev2012

If that is true then i think it will be because man has gotten to big for his britches .

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Thanks. One of my skills

being debunked id expect

Haha! Debunked by what? A few paintings? When I see these "calculations" maybe we can have a chat. I might believe that the world is going to change drastically at the end of this year, but I'm not that gullible.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by vv3vv3vv

It's not resetting. I don't know what gave you that impression other than New Age charlatans. There is only a single reference to 13.0.0.0.0 in the entire Classic period and it has nothing to do with and end or a reset of the calendar. It has to do with a religious ceremony that would occur in Tortuguero on that day. On top of that we have a number of Long Count dates that extend far beyond December 21, 2012. For example at Palenque there are a number of references to piktuns which are equal to 20 baktuns. Then there's also the calendar on Coba Stela 1 which goes back trillions of years, completely debunking this 13 baktun cycle nonsense.

If people would actually educate themselves on the Mayan calendar system instead of blindly following snake oil salesmen they would see how ridiculous these claims are. The core of their calendar system were two calendars, the Haab and the Tzolkin. The Haab was a 365 day solar calendar. The Tzolkin was a 260 day religious calendar. Used together these created the Calendar Round which would repeat every 52 years. The Long Count then allowed for them to refer to dates that occurred outside this 52 year period. That's its sole purpose. If it repeated every 13 baktun it would be rendered completely ineffective at this goal.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
If it ends it ends, nothing you can do about it, live your life to the fullest, spend time with your family and forget about all this BS.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by trev2012

Actually the Maya never predicted a reset. See my last post regarding this. As for the Hopi the only prophecy that we can be sure is legitimate is the one at Prophecy Rock. However, this mentions no date and is in no way associated with the famous Blue Kachina "prophecy." The Hindu also have nothing to say about 2012. According to them we are currently in Kali Yuga and will remains as such for thousands of years.

I figure I should also point out that Long Count does not in any way correlate with Genesis. The supposed Long Count cycle (which is nonexistent) has a duration of about 5,100 years. Young Earth creationists believe that the Earth was created a little over 6,000 years ago. Therefore they're about 1,000 years off from matching up.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I was wondering how long it'd be before you showed up.

You should just post a link to you other threads instead of repeating your self. Again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join