It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World to not end in 2012, according to the Mayans

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
here

please refute with credible sources, not crystallinks etc.

Well well well, the first evidence of it's kind in spite of many former evidence; the workroom of a town scribe has been uncovered. And it seems the mayans didn't think the end was in 2012, I liked the way one of the researches compared it to a car odometer.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I want it to end to but, the Mayan never said the world was going to end, that's what people have done with the calender. It's the end of an age, end of an era, man put the doom around the date,

I know that a lot is going on right know, and they line up with what it says but history does repeat.

we'll see next year
but that's my personal conflict

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Neat article. I'de just like to point out that the calendar still ends in 2012,
And there are lots of myths and predictions about that time regardless.

I would also like to point out that this guy is not a mayan and is doing the 'translations' himself from what i understand, and therefor it is his perspective that was pounded into him in university.

Secondly, Science is warped just as much as the media is and the education system is, it is not immune to the effects of the elite, though it is a well done article of course, it does not prove or disprove anything. though i believe the world will not end, it is just the passing of this age and into a new age.
edit on 10/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
That's totally awesome news compared to end-of-the-world ascension. I don't know how you thought this was going to make us feel better. "world not to end in 2012"... So you mean, we're doomed to a couple thousand more years of this unending bullcrap? Wars, deception, plague, totalitarian regime, famine, etc...

Where's my .45... :bnghd:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
That's totally awesome news compared to end-of-the-world ascension. I don't know how you thought this was going to make us feel better. "world not to end in 2012"... So you mean, we're doomed to a couple thousand more years of this unending bullcrap? Wars, deception, plague, totalitarian regime, famine, etc...

Where's my .45... :bnghd:

Exactly my thoughts,
I don't know how much more of this crap society i can take

Its like a never ending cycle of bullcrap and lies, if i dont have a self sustaining home within 5 years, im out of society for good

If the world ends. Sweet.
If it doesn't.. Eh.
If things change. Sweet.
edit on 10/5/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I could not agree more lol

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
the doomsdayers won't be happy when we are still here and icke and co have lost credibility . hooray

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

World to not end in 2012, according to the Mayans
Is that really necessary?

Seriously, do you actually need a Mayan to tell you that it is not going end in a few months?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think we could all go for some change though. I know i am ready for it, dont know what it is. But there has to be something better than this, and hoping its just over the horizon instead of 1000 years from now.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Somebody should tell the people pretending to be leaders of the existing Mayan culture. There is a group of people who claim to be Mayan leaders and have predicted the end of the world this year. I wonder if they can be influenced by history.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

you are jumping to conclusions based on one article

in the previous thread earlier today on the same subject the article has a link to photos

that lead to a various photo galleries none related to discovery
[in other words: nowhere]
pics?

also Maya did not predict end/destruction of entire world
but the end of an age or Sun due to a catastrophe
these cyclical catastrophes [in the Aztec cosmology] are usually the result of the conflict between
Quetzalcoatl [White] Tezcatlipoca vs [Black] Tezcatlipoca
implying beings/agencies are involved

it will be the end of the world for some

most notably the
"business as usual" crowd

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It was never meant to end. It was just an end of an era as mentioned above!

Link

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Neither Icke nor the Mayans ever said the world was going to end in 2012....
Chaange, yes. End, no.
edit on 10-5-2012 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It may not end according to the mayans calendar, but all we need is a large quake to hit fukushima number 4 cooling pool area and the world will end as we know it,.
Also if the sun nails us with a nasty X class flare (and the potential is surly building) our world as we know it could come to an end,.. Sooo,. maybe the mayans Are a bit fuzzy about the outcome

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Neither Icke nor the Mayans ever said the world was going to end in 2012....
Chaange, yes. End, no.

I lived round the corner from him and he has mentioned it to me in the past

i now live in portsmouth which is a short ride on the hovercraft or ferry
edit on 24 4 2012 by denver22 because: correction and spelling sorry people..

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Key words: As We Know It. I don't know about anyone else, but that doesn't sound like an entirely bad thing to me.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Ah, you're the one who supposedly knows Icke personally.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chi_z

As far as I'm concerned only the uneducated believe the Maya calendar predicts the worlds end in 2012. These are the same people who say, "If the Mayans can predict the end of the world how come they didn't predict the end of their civilization?"

I think you'll see no one will present proof in this thread, or any thread, about the Maya calendar & the end of the world. What you will see is people explain how that was misinterpreted and what the calendar was really about.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Ah, you're the one who supposedly knows Icke personally.

Yep but i would not say i know him as a friend as such more someone who passes by .. most charlatans say the end is nigh 2012 will pass without the end of the world then hopefully the sheep following will not follow anymore..

they claim this they claim that then nothing happens but the people still follow..

charlatans and tptb lie to us anyway. both for financial gain it seems.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by chi_z

As far as I'm concerned only the uneducated believe the Maya calendar predicts the worlds end in 2012. These are the same people who say, "If the Mayans can predict the end of the world how come they didn't predict the end of their civilization?"

I think you'll see no one will present proof in this thread, or any thread, about the Maya calendar & the end of the world. What you will see is people explain how that was misinterpreted and what the calendar was really about.

I couldn't agree more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join