It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Asks Ron Paul To Drop Out & Endorse Romney Despite His Chances To Win

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Well, you are accurate in saying many Ron Paul supporters are/where democrats that supported Obama, that's my story. I remember being so amazed at how much hope and faith people put into Obama. I went into a Radio Shack and the kid behind the counter was "glued" to watching a re-cap of a speech given by Obama in 2008, it blew my mind at the time, cause normally the kids have on MTV, and not listening to politics.

Like others have said, this movement is much bigger then the 2 party nonsence anymore, it is about right and wrong, plain and simple,
edit on 11-5-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

LOL, that was really funny, needed a laugh, has been a long day.....amazing how much energy Ron Paul has in his 70's....I'm in my 40's and frankly I'm tired alot these days.....

Ron Paul seems to have the patience of Job with these fools. That entire interview was such an obvious sleight to he, and he just patiently, like a loving father dealing with his mentally challenged daughter, just did his best to answer these stupid questions.

Just wanted to quote this...

Something I have noticed so many times. I have NO patience compared with this. I would be Yelling and knocking people out by now, and it's a good thing I am not running in his place. How DOES he do it? How can you take so much bull, and still smile all the time, and still have SO MUCH Energy???

I already feel old. I'm not quite 30, but damn if I can't stay up past 11:30 without paying for it. I think I pulled a muscle yesterday getting out of bed, hhahahahahaha...

I'm former Army, and I cried watching Obama's Inauguration. I was soo happy and soo sad. I had emotions like a girl. It was like history was finally history, and now America was finally MY country.

But alas. I was duped. I am not sure it would have worked had I not hated Bush SO much..

edit on 5/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Her arrogance makes me want to slap her back to the kitchen, for real, this pissed me off. The only time they report about Ron Paul is when they attack him.. And no I'm not misogynist. I can see why they have lost half of their viewers..

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

God, you are so right on, I remember everyone at my work place just just watching Obama being sworn in and we were all in awe, a very cool black lady I worked with was in tears.....lol, if I was black I would be extra pissed by how much he sold us out.....

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
This is a complete disgrace. If ever there was a question as to whether the mainstream media are just whores for their corporate pimps, this puts that to rest.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by g0dhims3lf
Power of Suggestion people, I mean seriously how many times did she say the name Mitt Romney. So disrespectful.

So true. This election has exposed the worst of the psychological warfare that the media/government complex has waged on the average citizen. And Hillary Clinton wonders why people are looking for alternative news sources. Do you blame them? At least people are starting to realize they are being manipulated.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Ron Paul will be our next president...

look around

corruption and fraud swirl around romney...and obama is not even legal, lol...

so umm....

truth and righteousness shall prevail...

thank you

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ron Paul is going too win! Romney and Obomanation are bought off crooks, people are awakening to their pupet scams!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rockinground

Look at Ron Pauls crowds just common good people of all ages and races , Obummer and Romelus people are rich educated fools and crooks, trying too rob money and wealth from Ron Pauls crowds.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
NO ONE Give UP! I have supported Ron Paul for the past 20 + years. Look how far he/we have come! Let's stay strong and restore the Constitution!! Democrats, Republicans, Independents and all -- (even you pro Union guys) -- Ron Paul is your man. Restore Integrity to the U.S.A. Ron Paul - IS - INTEGRITY personified!

P.S. Is there a spell check on ATS? I am tired and my first post.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockinground
reply to post by rockinground

Look at Ron Pauls crowds just common good people of all ages and races , Obummer and Romelus people are rich educated fools and crooks, trying too rob money and wealth from Ron Pauls crowds.

Hmm. I don't see poor people supporting Paul. He hates the "benefits" they get, after all. I see Paul supporters as middle class, not rich, but not poor.

Of course, Paul's motto might as well be "Screw the poor". I don't see any votes coming from that direction for him. Obama and Romney on the other hand...

"Common good people" does not refer to the poor?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This is the 2nd interview I have seen where Ron is his own least fan.
He doesn't think he has a chance, and he is reluctant to say anything really negative about Romney.
...meaning I think he could endorse him after Tampa or before.
I think Ron is really uncomfortable with the zealousness of so many of his followers.

What it reminds me of is the scene in Jesus Christ Superstar where Simon Peter is leading everybody in that..."when do we arrive into Jerusalem..." song.

Ron has to be careful, even if he is uncomfortable he has to play the role of wanting to be President until the fat lady sings, anything less and his most zealous of followers are going to feel betrayed and turn on him quickly. At the very least he has to not endorse Romney.

Ron of course isn't the Messiah...but he is the only person I have seen that has found himself in a "historical Christ like" situation. They are going to turn on you Ron if you don't play the role they think you have. Free them from the Roman tyranny. Your message is not enough, even though that is all you are really concerned with.
The Roman's will crush you if you become to much of a threat and your followers will crush you if you don't take the fight to the Roman's.

........what about Tebow you say? cricket....cricket....cricket......well just in case someone was going to throw some other Christ like scenario of trials and tribulations and blah blah......Tebow is more like Job, in that the Devil was able to put him in a place to challenge his Christian convictions (Las Vegas doesn't have a NFL team) either does LA. We will see if Tebow can do Job proud.

Anyway............we will see how the Paulites react when Ron hands himself over to the Romans. (that means he surrenders and swears his oath to Pilate...I mean Romney)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Let me get a few things straight here for those of you that have been eating up the MSM every morning with your breakfast cereal.
1. Ron Paul will NEVER support Romney or endorse him if there comes a time where Paul drops out. It would go against everything RP believes in.
2. It may be a long shot, but he DOES have a chance of winning the republican nomination, and although the delegate count is still pure speculation at this point, the scale is tipping more in his favor as the days go by.
3. Ron Paul does NOT want to end the fed over night. He does NOT want to end social security and medicare overnight. Under Pauls plan these are programs that will be phased out over many years, in a way that benefits the people and not the government.
4. Many, many people I have read about and talked to say that if Ron Paul is not on the ballot, they will write him in. The republicans that support Ron Paul now will still vote for him if he goes independent. I know I will. He will be taking a HUGE number of people with him and away from the republican base, and the GOP know it. I will not rule out the possibility that he could still win if he goes independent.

If you want Americas existence to be one that benefits the government, then give your vote away to Romney. If you believe in yourself and your freedom and liberty, then vote for Paul. Its as simple as that.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

most disgraceful question was:

"Do you think Mitt Romney could beat President Obama?"

That Bxxch! MSM is getting more and more disgusting! Around the globe!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
RON PAUL has NO Chance to win stop drinking the kool aid

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Allenb83
Let me get a few things straight here for those of you that have been eating up the MSM every morning with your breakfast cereal.
1. Ron Paul will NEVER support Romney or endorse him if there comes a time where Paul drops out. It would go against everything RP believes in.
2. It may be a long shot, but he DOES have a chance of winning the republican nomination, and although the delegate count is still pure speculation at this point, the scale is tipping more in his favor as the days go by.
3. Ron Paul does NOT want to end the fed over night. He does NOT want to end social security and medicare overnight. Under Pauls plan these are programs that will be phased out over many years, in a way that benefits the people and not the government.
4. Many, many people I have read about and talked to say that if Ron Paul is not on the ballot, they will write him in. The republicans that support Ron Paul now will still vote for him if he goes independent. I know I will. He will be taking a HUGE number of people with him and away from the republican base, and the GOP know it. I will not rule out the possibility that he could still win if he goes independent.

If you want Americas existence to be one that benefits the government, then give your vote away to Romney. If you believe in yourself and your freedom and liberty, then vote for Paul. Its as simple as that.

Hell Yes.

I'm never going to give in.

Just do what you believe in. Don't try and strategize. "Well, if I vote for paul, and Romney does this..... and what if there are not enough people, and what about Obama..."
NO!
Stop it. Pick whoever you want, and THAT's IT.
Just go for it.
Just do it.

Vote for what you think, no matter what.
Even if you lose, at least you lost an election, and not your soul...
Next time things will change. If you only vote for what you think is possible now then you never vote for change, because what looks possible is what we already have not what can be tomorrow. Yes it is possible to eff everything up. I already know that game. I want something different.

Do what you think is right and ignore everyone else including me. If you think Romney is right, you better get to the polls and show me. Do it. No matter his chances or paul's chances, do your thing.

Ron Paul 2012!

~Dusty

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
The headline that they have under Paul is just dispicable.
"Paul, A thorn in Romney's side"

Its more like Romney is a thorn in PAUL'S side.

I guess we all see in a few months how it turns out.
Will the MSM machine triumph once again in selecting our president for us or

will the people of America finally wake up to the madness and elect a man of true integrity?

All who vote in this country need to 'write Paul in', even if he's not on the ballot.
How dare this country take our choice away from us from electing the President we want?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Hmm. I don't see poor people supporting Paul. He hates the "benefits" they get, after all. I see Paul supporters as middle class, not rich, but not poor.

Of course, Paul's motto might as well be "Screw the poor". I don't see any votes coming from that direction for him. Obama and Romney on the other hand...

"Common good people" does not refer to the poor?

You poor, deluded soul. Ron Paul supports, primarily, the Constitution - something no other candidate is doing. The Constitution specifically lists the extent of powers granted to the legislature in Article 1 Section 8. Social policy is not now, and never was a responsibility of the government, nor should it be. Vigorous support and adherence to the Constitution is the paramount concern. All the other issues are secondary to supporting the Constitution, and would be resolved by creating and correcting policies to conform with it.

Both parties have lost their way in this matter. The Democrats think the Constitution should be circumvented to socialize the nation, and the Republicans think the Constitution should be circumvented to restrict our civil liberties and fatten the pockets of Wall Street. If Thomas Jefferson was around today, it would be he and Ron Paul opening up a can of Constitutional whup-ass on the disgrace we currently call our federal government.
edit on 5/11/2012 by draco49 because: added insight

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think this video warrants a download, even if only for the purpose of keeping track. It makes a good case study
A transcription of the dialogue would also be an asset. (Anyone with about an hour to spare?)

Download YouTube videos here: keepvid.com or use any other video ripping service. Paste the video link into the text box.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Tadeusz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Anyone who deems MSM let alone CNN as Journalism is fooling themselves. No journalist or journalistic organization would do such a thing. If you ask why that is then it's simple. true journalism means not having a dog in the fight. It means being unbiased and objective and covering the news in actual fair and balanced way as it happens. No spin nor props and no opinionated crap from analysts.

Now does anyone see this actually being the case with regard to the bulk of so called news sources and journalists? Domestic or foreign. They are all deceiving us. They dismiss the truth. They shroud it in cover stories and spin. They mass distract us while the real agenda happens right under our nose.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join