It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Asks Ron Paul To Drop Out & Endorse Romney Despite His Chances To Win

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Regardless of how you feel about Ron Paul and his candidacy, you have to admit that the MSM has been relentless in their attempt to hound this guy out of the race.

This is just the latest example, courtesy of CNN. Just listen to the interviewer. Not just the questions she poses, but her earnest tone of voice. I mean seriously! Are you hoping to be the one that gets Ron Paul to state on national TV, "You're right, I should be a good boy and just shut up and drop out. Thanks for making me realize just how silly I've been acting."?

Question.

Does anyone know of any youtube vids out there where an interviewer hounds Romney, Santorum, Gingrich et al to consider endorsing Ron Paul?

Thought so.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Hessling because: spelling

+39 more 
posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wow.

Way to lower the bar for journalistic integrity, CNN.
No wonder people are fleeing from the MSM in droves, looking to the internet and to eachother for news rather than the spoonfed, pre-packaged opinions on the idiot box.
Thanks for sharing this, Hessling.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

Disgraceful approach.

+1 more 
posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think hardly anyone believes that (1) Ron Paul can snatch the Republican nomination away from Romney or (2) if Ron Paul runs on a third party that he will win the Election. I think most believe that if Paul runs on a third party he would split the anti-Obama vote and thereby re-elect Obama.

But it's Ron Paul's decision. And I think that the hard core of Ron Paul supporters will not vote for Romney (they may stay home or maybe vote for a third party) in a Romney-Obama election.

In the meantime, we are finding out more and more what a hypocrite -- what an outright liar -- Romney is. He wanted Detroit to go bankrupt back in December 2008 -- but now says that he (secretly) supported the bailout and therefore feels entitled to claim "much of the credit" for the govt bailout he openly opposed (his own Bain Capital refused to invest in a private bailout of the auto industry). He campaigned for the Senate ten years ago against Ted Kennedy, declaring that he was more pro-gay-rights than Kennedy, and now we see he's utterly opposed to gay rights, even allowing a radio minister (a self-described "yokel") bully him into firing a very experienced foreign policy advisor because he was gay. He once said that it wasn't worth the expense to pursue Bin Laden, now he claims that Obama's very risky decision (against several of his own advisors) to stage a SEAL raid on a compound inside Pakistan, where only the slightest evidence existed of Bin Laden's presence, was a no-risk decision that anyone would have made. He used to brag about his single great accomplishment, which he then called Romneycare, but now he calls it Obamacare and pretends it's the most horrible thing that ever happened. Etc. It's not a question of whether Romney can tell the truth - he might not know the difference - but what he's really going to do after Election Day when he shakes the Etch-a-sketch.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Shoonra because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Power of Suggestion people, I mean seriously how many times did she say the name Mitt Romney. So disrespectful.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Can't say I'm surprised. It's CNN. Cable 'News' punditry. Bought and paid for.

who cares what they say? If there is one single ron paul voter out there who cares what cnn says, then...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shoonra

This is a point that is lost on his supporters.

Romney's indecisive streak will not do him any favors when he's on the hot seat.

I certainly hope Ron Paul sticks to his guns.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I used to watch CNN years ago until reminders like this urged me to wake up. Dr. Paul answers his questions professionally yet again, despite her intentions.

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Shoonra

This is a point that is lost on his supporters.

Romney's indecisive streak will not do him any favors when he's on the hot seat.

I certainly hope Ron Paul sticks to his guns.

No intentions of slowing down and things are just picking up! Getting more and more interesting.
edit on 5/10/2012 by dymiox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm a Ron Paul fan .. can't stand Romney, Santorum or Newt .. but while Paul's supporters are being clever with the delegates, I don't think Paul has any realistic shot at getting the nomination.. and I don't think you'll see him running as an independent either... And even if he some how made the choice to do so, he doesn't have the popular vote.. The fact of the matter is that the GOP doesn't stand a chance this upcoming election regardless of who goes up..

I think if Paul were given a third go he would come out the victor because each attempt, he grows like a wild fire.. he's still not widely known by all those with voting power.. and last I checked, Romney still had the higher popular vote and the higher delegate count.. he's more likely to be handed the nomination .. and he won't beat Obama.

It was still bad taste of her to ask that.. I know what the GOP is wanting to do though is to get there crap together because they look so divided .. they don't even support each other so how can they expect the people to support them? ..

With Paul staying in, he's pulling support from Romney and weakening Romney against Obama even more.. Neither one will drop out so they are basically handing the next election to Obama.. who just won huge approval for his stance on Gay marriage.
edit on 5/10/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Your title is misleading Hess

She asked him "Why hasn't he dropped out"

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoonra
I think hardly anyone believes that (1) Ron Paul can snatch the Republican nomination away from Romney or (2) if Ron Paul runs on a third party that he will win the Election. I think most believe that if Paul runs on a third party he would split the anti-Obama vote and thereby re-elect Obama.

Precisely right.. the GOP wants this ended so they can rally behind their man and build support for at least a fighting chance.. right now the GOP shows hardly any unity.. they are fractured.. I firmly believe if they rallied behind PAUL .. he would defeat Obama.. but the fact is, they don't agree with Paul's policies.. and as Paul has said before.. the Republicans aren't Republicans anymore.. they don't have the core Republican values.. that's been lost..

Ultimately I don't see a Republican winning this.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
CNN are Ted Turners robots. I find it surprising that Ted would want Romney but perhaps it's because Ted knows Romney cannot beat Obama...but Ron Paul can. I watched the interview on CNN by Pierce Morgan with Ted Turner....extremly clever and..."lucky" guy....you know that there were so many times that # could have went the other way and he would be a broke bum right now....so ...there we have it....shiz happens...

I think Ted wants Romney because he doesn't think Romney can win....RP however...can.....and Ted doesn't like that.....

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It looks like MSM is the President's mouthpiece again. Doesn't it seem strange that the media is asking a candidate to drop out? This is not their job. I think Obama is running scared. Yay!!!

Chance in hell that Paul is going to listen and obey CNN?????

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If Paul runs as a ind, he will indeed hurt the Republicans chances more than the Dems, but I don't think the RP crowd cares.
Better to fracture the party and create (in the long term) a 3 party system than keep up the fake GOP nonsense of it being one party (when it simply isn't).

Kucnenic is the other side of RP, but the Dems aren't -as- fractured (yet) as a whole...so there is less traction..But, thing is, Ron Paul is overall a social liberal, which would, if given a chance to speak, lure in lots of the youth vote (youth being any under 50 really. most 40 somethings also resonate with RPs social liberal get out of my life/bed/choice mentality).

So, I say keep it up. I don't agree with a number of things RP stands for, but he is a breath of fresh air and I would rather have had him in office than the last few repubs that either tried or did end up in office...Country would most likely be in better shape if -some- of his policys were enacted (ending the fed though is highly irresponsible...even if it is a corrupt system, a sudden removal would shock the economy into death for a generation...such ambitions needs a 20 or more year weening off..you don't just stop a junky from doing their smack and expect everything to be fine...it is 100 years in the making, if we can reverse things in half that time that would be ambitious)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
It looks like MSM is the President's mouthpiece again. Doesn't it seem strange that the media is asking a candidate to drop out? This is not their job. I think Obama is running scared. Yay!!!

Presidents mouthpiece?
Paul hurts the republicans the longer he stays in...if he drops, a unification of Romney can happen...

CNN is, if anything, anti-president by this suggestion.

A much, much stronger argument is that CNN is Romney's mouthpiece (which is ridiculous, thats what Fox News is for)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The headline that they have under Paul is just dispicable.
"Paul, A thorn in Romney's side"

Its more like Romney is a thorn in PAUL'S side.

I guess we all see in a few months how it turns out.
Will the MSM machine triumph once again in selecting our president for us or
will the people of America finally wake up to the madness and elect a man of true integrity?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
The headline that they have under Paul is just dispicable.
"Paul, A thorn in Romney's side"

Its more like Romney is a thorn in PAUL'S side.

Uh, no. I like Paul, I do. But your scale is WAY off. Paul has a fraction of confirmed delegates than Romney. Yes, he's won some delegates in a few states. But Romney has the vast majority. It's important to have a realistic perspective on things. Paul is, by definition, the thorn in Romney's side.

That said, I wish him the best of luck.

I just wish many of his followers took the time to understand how the delegates actually work.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
will the people of America finally wake up to the madness and elect a man of true integrity?

None are running.

And since when can a president do anything? Congress is where its at.
Paul has been in Congress for how many years now? And since that time, has he changed anything?
Do you think congress would let a paul presidency even work? They would unite and block everything he tries to accomplish...neither side has anything to gain by showing a independent actually succeeding where they have failed...it would be endless backstabbing.

He has done what he needed to do, which is a slow and gradual change in dialog in washington...thats all he can hope to accomplish. In some decades, perhaps his ideas will be the norm...but if becomes president, he will flop bigtime, and both sides will use the fail as a reason why to never go with independents.

edit on 10-5-2012 by SaturnFX because: clarification

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Presidents mouthpiece?
Paul hurts the republicans the longer he stays in...if he drops, a unification of Romney can happen...

CNN is, if anything, anti-president by this suggestion.

A much, much stronger argument is that CNN is Romney's mouthpiece (which is ridiculous, thats what Fox News is for)

I disagree. When in the world did the MSM ever to anything but be Obama bobble-head dolls???? No way will I buy they are doing this to help the GOP.

His staying in doesn't hurt the GOP one bit. If he loses the nomination he will throw his support behind Romney. A unification of Romney would happen then. He is not an idiot and there in no way he would fracture the party by a hopeless third party candidacy that would increase the likelihood an Obama victory.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

With the dumbing down of society I don't think a lot of people really can muster up enough attention for their brains to calculate anything other than what these so called "journalists" brew up in terms of simplicity and ignorance. After all, would you rather wear a sweater designed for people like you, or one that isn't?

The battle against ignorance is everything except for an easy stroll in the park.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join