It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Asks Ron Paul To Drop Out & Endorse Romney Despite His Chances To Win

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

HAHA
The media is such a joke, Ron Paul is far to nice to these mediots
It's damn insulting for her to suggest RP and his supporters are doing this for a "speaking role"
and attempting to use a negative christian connotation? no #ing wonder why people stop watching CNN

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by draco49

You poor, deluded soul. Ron Paul supports, primarily, the Constitution - something no other candidate is doing.

Right, I don't know where you get off calling me deluded, that was kind of rude, but I do not support Ron Paul because he is such a strict constitutionalists. Not only that, but he has the nerve to decide what is constitutional and what is not. That is not his place, but the place of SCOTUS.

You seem to think it would be best for America to operate off of whats in the constitution and nothing more. Thats fine, I disagree. I aint calling you deluded though, that would be rude.
edit on 11-5-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Whilst ron paul remains in politics, many many dissaffected people are also engaged in politics.
These people have seen the political machine for what it is, they will not provide the system with their patronage any more, ron paul or no one.
I believe so many people now see this as the last attempt to bring politics back into some sort of reputable footing, other than tht they disengage from it further.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

First, Paul has zero chance of winnng.

Second the MSM had asked Newt and Santorum many times when they'd drop out and if they'd support Romney, sometimes even phrasing it like, "don't you think it'd be good for the party if you dropped out?"

Third, it's no surprise that the Paultards have blocked out these realities, yet again, and are making this into another giant conspiracy.

Finally, why in the world would Romney, the nominee, be asked about endorsing the least popular of all the Republican candidates. Paul never once has been the "leader" in the national polls, when compared to Romney, Bachman, Santorum or even the black pizza restaurant guy.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wow! CNN is still on the air???

I love that caption for the Honorable Dr Ron Paul... "thorn in Romney's side"

How about "One boot firmly on Romney's face... His other boot firmly on Obama's face"

Yeah, I know, that's not how Dr. Paul rolls. This upcoming GOP convention will be unforgettable.

As long as Obama doesn't suspend the Presidential erection we'll be seeing many Gov't employees

picking cotton or shoveling it as they were meant to be! It's their destiny and we all know it. DMV next?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Soledad O'Brien Says Santorum Should Drop Out
newsbusters.org...

And on and on... the media stirs up # endlessly... it's not a Paul-centric conspiracy.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Nice. It seems that this behavior not as "Paul focused" as this thread would lead me to believe. Thanks for posting, Captain.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

A lot of the conspiracy theories about Ron Paul stem from two things:

1. Paul fans have found they can stir up sympathy for their candidate by claiming he's being slighted... truth be damned

2. Lot's of Paul fans are basically clueless when it comes to Presidential campaigns and the media and so they assume that what their seeing is unique (esp when they're misled by the people in no. 1 ^^^)

The fact is that the media, as a rule, sucks. And that's mostly due to infotainment channels like fox changing how channels behave, to get rating, and therefore ad revenue, and channels having to fill 24 hours of programming time... so they generate #... it's a capitalist "conspiracy"... must make money, journalism be damned...

It's no more complex than why Jay Leno has popular actors/musicians on, as much as possible.. drive up viewers, drive up ad values, drive up revenue.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ron Paul could be an answer but to leave Barack Obama's side... He is my President I hired him... His name is the horse the Lord is supposed to ride in on. It's all written.... Now I would say I trust fox while Quixtar is under fire though as they know me well enough but all news agencies know me at this point.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Atisha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Right, I understand. Its just trendy on ATS, and the internet in general, to claim that Paul was slighted at every chance. Probably for sympathy, like you said. Likely for stars on this site though.

Fortunately, Paul was never taken seriously by the masses to begin with. People just don't want him. His hate of the poor and his isolationist policies may be the culprit. Not to mention his awkwardness on stage does not scream "Leader!".

I do find it a bit funny that most of the misdirection about Paul comes from his supporters themselves.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Right, I understand. Its just trendy on ATS, and the internet in general, to claim that Paul was slighted at every chance. Probably for sympathy, like you said. Likely for stars on this site though.

Fortunately, Paul was never taken seriously by the masses to begin with. People just don't want him. His hate of the poor and his isolationist policies may be the culprit. Not to mention his awkwardness on stage does not scream "Leader!".

I do find it a bit funny that most of the misdirection about Paul comes from his supporters themselves.

The fact he left my top friends in the middle of an Election had to be the dumbest thing he ever did... He caught back up after his nap though you see that part.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

We're in total agreement there... I do think that many new-ish voters and many ignorant voters don't have a clue what he stands for... they just say "liberty" and "constitution" a lot and think everyone else should just shut up... or admit they want to destroy America.

What it MOST reminds me of is the completely delusional beliefs about Obama in 2008... everyone thought he was some sort of super hero, when, if they'd looked at his voting record, they wouldn't be surprised at what he's done as President.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
More examples:

CNN's Erickson Pushes Rick Perry To Drop Out Of Presidential Campaign Before South Carolina Primary
mediamatters.org...

Calls mount for Gingrich to drop out:

video.answers.com...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

We're in total agreement there... I do think that many new-ish voters and many ignorant voters don't have a clue what he stands for... they just say "liberty" and "constitution" a lot and think everyone else should just shut up... or admit they want to destroy America.

This, in particular, is what turns me right the smooth off to the whole thing. I hate it when one gets admonished by the whole site for "hating freedom" by not supporting Paul's dated, tested, and ultimately failed ideologies.

Paul is the coolest thing since iced water, or so I am lead to believe. A lot of people think that he some revolutionary or something. People forget that his biggest accomplishment is doing nothing at all. They hold up his, quite horrible, voting record as if it was the holy grail and evidence of the sweeping changes he will bring. The truth, of course, is much more mundane. Rather then attempt to enact change, he has instead blocked it. Good or bad, constitutional or otherwise.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I agree... my personal distaste for his ridiculous policies aside, if I hear one more Paul supporter claim Paul's reading of the constitutional is "obviously" the only correct one my head may explode

But even if his supporters were less awful (and ATS gets a disproportional high percentage of Paultards I think) I still wouldn't support his policies... as they range from ridiculous to dangerous...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I agree... my personal distaste for his ridiculous policies aside, if I hear one more Paul supporter claim Paul's reading of the constitutional is "obviously" the only correct one my head may explode

People forget that it is not Paul's place to decide what is constitutional and what is not. SCOTUS has that right, not Paul.

But even if his supporters were less awful (and ATS gets a disproportional high percentage of Paultards I think) I still wouldn't support his policies... as they range from ridiculous to dangerous...

Some don't even realize how dangerous.Lets take for instance his stance on public schools. Most would say they are not perfect and they need changes. Paul on the other hand sees them as outright wrong and unconstitutional.

He would instead have everyone go to private schools, which opens up a wild number of abuses in of itself, but also holds a staggering amount of outright awful implications.

Also, all Paul ever talks about is money. That's all he cares about. Its a turn off

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Agreed, again. I am also very very concerned about his desire to deregulate all businesses and rely on the "invisible hand of the market" to keep us all safe... and allowing corporate monopolies is one of the most disastrous ideas of any candidate in the last decade.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I can't wait till we start pulling FCC licenses ... too many lemmings getting brainwashed for a solid Republic to endure for very long without a major reality check. AKA civil discoarse

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You know, being in college and stuff, in Political Science actually, my teachers would rather accept CNN sources rather than HuffingtonPost for example or something smaller....It's kind of sad rather, especially after the gulf war coverage.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

LOL... who is this "we" that will start "pulling licences"?

edit on 11-5-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join