It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do We Exist Now?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Maybe...... you were born in this time to learn something that you can only learn in this time.

Maybe..... you have been born many times before for the same reason, and it changes the way you live the next time you are born.

Maybe..... you have to go through all that untill you are a complete being.

You might not remember anything but your spark does.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Well remember this before you ask that question... find the basics first

It's like a 5 year plan (goal setting) yes?

You don't get there all at once! You have take smaller steps first before you get to the final goal....

Ciao and lol i'm not that smart...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I see a lot of the same responses. "Thats the way it is"... I have a question for them : Why is "that"?

Time is an illusion. It doesn't exist. You've been using clocks all your life, its hard
to understand (It may even make you mad) that time is just another invention. Imagine
life just the way it is now, with clocks, watches, calendars, and things like that.

Its also difficult to describe. Best way I could put it is this : You don't age with "time", you just "age".

As for your question, I don't know. No one does. If they claim they do, its probably just their ego
making them think they know the secrets of our history, the universe, and life.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I have posted this several times on this forum but it seems to apply.
everything that will happen has already happened and will happen again. This means that singularity has already happened and everything we perceive as reality is merely a system of outcomes. We might just be here for the simple purpose of calculating probability for something we cannot even fathom.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

"We might just be here for the simple purpose of calculating probability for something we cannot even fathom."

Calculating the probability of what through thats the ticket.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If you "hear" the presence of your conscience, your inside the flow of space-time. It is yourself after you have died and are time travelling inside your life-span "recording" placed in the structures of space-time that is your conscience trying to influence your still embodied self. Done to permit escape from space-time. If we would only listen to our conscience. It's you after you've seen what's "on the other side".

So we can serve as proxies for Infinite Mind. Infinite cannot possess the consciousness of nothingness and non-existence. We can and by doing so it is absorbed by omniscience to make the Infinite complete. We are tools.
edit on 10-5-2012 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

There is not a reason to everything you know. Humans like to think the contrary. That all is logic and explainable. After all they fear the unknown and what they dont and cannot understand. But there is no reason as to why you exist and why now. None at all. Hate to say that but you are on your own, there are no rules, no boundaries, you chose to make them. You are not chosen, not protected or loved by any omnipotent divinity, you are a dust like the rest. Your date/location of birth and death dont mean a damn thing. You know the good old hazard. You cannot choose your time of birth but you can decide how where and why you die. It all depends of your willpower and strenght as well as your choices.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Because there is no rhyme or reason behind randomness. There is no purpose or "why" behind why we exist.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

"We might just be here for the simple purpose of calculating probability for something we cannot even fathom."

Calculating the probability of what through thats the ticket.

Of everything. My comment basically is another way of saying, "I do not know and neither do you." It is an exert of Technological Singularity. Even if an unfathomable intelligent entity existed they might be faced with the same question of why they are here and what here is. Which means just like us they might create something to help them find the answers, a system that replicates all that is and runs infinite simulations in what to us feels like a lifetime but outside of this simulation might have been a millisecond.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Every NOW is a perfect NOW worth being explored fully.

Namaste.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
The point here is that we would be nothing right now. What is the beginning or the end?

I think some of you understand what I was trying to say.

Doesn't matter if you exist now. What I'm trying to say why NOW? The nothingness had all the time (infinite) before you were born. And it had all the time before you were born and die. Why now?

Good question. You must have been otherwise occupied to not have been here before. What where you up to before and what are you doing now? What is the pattern of your life and how does it fit with others around you?

But I am doing nothing but being and playing around. I like roleplaying and I am playing a real funny part from my point of view in my life.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Your here now because my sub conscience allows it.. Joking. This is a good question that I think everyone has thought about. for all I know you all could just be figments of my imagination along with the past, present, and future. If im am the the only one who actually exists then that above wasn't a joke
(selfish thought huh?)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Dude come on, can't you iamgine a better reality in that case. Lol in the end you kinda ended up with the law of one.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I believe that in order to answer your question. We must first find an answer to a different yet simalar question.

Why do we exist at all ?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Havick007

Is it all upto chance? Why were we born now and not 100,100,10000 years ago, or the same for the future? Is it all random chance?

Thank you. I was thinking it was by chance. But still there's this festering thought... even if it was by chance, why now? Why not in the past or in the future?

I have often asked christians this. God created us right? He had all the time (infinity). Why now? Why not back then? Why not later?

Maybe you are a tool that is needed at this time? Right man on the right spot doing the right thing?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Sorry pressed enter by accident. Delete this while I formulate the post.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

This came up about the fear of death. I have been thinking about this for a long time.

Let's assume the time is linear.

Why weren't we born in the past or in the future?

Some theorized that the time is circular or the universe is a closed loop. That still doesn't answer the question.

Why now and not then or in the future?

Even if we lived in the past (our past lives), still doesn't answer the question. Why this particular time? Why not even 1 second later?

We could have been born and died long time ago. Or born in the future.

I think this is a mystery.

Sorry again for the empty thread lol. It was by accident.
edit on 5/10/2012 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

First 'assumption' is erroneous, and leads this into irrelevant questions...

Alove

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the individual is part of "we"

"we" may all have different birthtimes and deaths

but part of "us" has always existed since the big bang and beyond

depends on how u categorize existence - of the individual, the soul, life force, or oneness with the supreme creator, God, existence itself.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Whats helium made out of?
This stuff.

Well whats that stuff made out of?
That stuff.

Well whats that made of?
Some of this stuff.

And that?
This

And this?
That

Best just let it be because we will never know. I spent months obsessing and finally just said "There is no way that this can be, but clearly there is." With that statement it occured to me that we will not ever know.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"The mind exists in time, in fact the mind is time; it exists in the past and the future. And remember, time consists of only two tenses, the past and the future. The present is not part of time, the present is part of eternity."

- Osho

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SparkOfSparks6

that osho is not on page right, present is the time while what is past is the part of now which is eternal so also corrected to actualize by defining it futur wise
but now value is the present time

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join