It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do We Exist Now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by nimbinned

Thank you for your post.

Consciousness picks where and when. Still doesn't answer the question.

There is no 'start' time to our lives - that's the point I'm trying to make. It's all happening .....
NOW

Haha - I can't believe I'm typing this. It's time for bed.

Try and sleep on it. Ask your higher self for an answer to this quandary. You might be surprised what manifests. Failing that - psilocybe ! Haha

Peace Out

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by Deaf Alien

"Why now?"

Why not now?

Right. Why or why not now? That's the very point.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nimbinned

LOL ok have a good sleep. Don't dwell too much on this.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

"To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them"

Greater minds than our own have pondered this question since the begining if there is such a notion that is!
edit on 10-5-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

So in otherwords your basically asking for the meaning of life... but now?

I really wish i could give a real and correct answer.

Maybe 43

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

"So in otherwords your basically asking for the meaning of life... but now?"

The meaning of life is to experience. I dare anyone to prove otherwise in a logical fasion?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Lol we're quoting shakespeare? Ok good enough

I know many philosophers had thought about this before.

Why aren't we dead now?

And we're alive. So why are we alive now? After all those infinite amount of time.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

So in otherwords your basically asking for the meaning of life... but now?

I really wish i could give a real and correct answer.

Maybe 43

LOL I love hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

the point here is

-∞ ---- now ---- ∞

why not back then? or in the future?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

"Why aren't we dead now?"

How do you know you are really even here? Best answer we have is because i am, sad fact but true.

"And we're alive. So why are we alive now? After all those infinite amount of time."

What makes you think there is a difference between life and death? Its all about perspective. If we die and there is an afterlife, are we alive then or before we passed away? There is no past, future or present there is only the all thing!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Maybe you were there is the past and in the future... now? I might be blowing your mind lol and i'm not crazy, I don't think about this stuff everyday and it doesn't dominate my life but there are times for reflection.

You must have heard of reincarnation? What about déjà vu? I know there have been explaination for it but I think there is more to it.

What if in a way that we don't understand we are existing in the past and future at once although our perceptions are different and our memory is only limited to out organic body and brain in each "present" state?

There is an energy that goes waaay beyond us but that also dominates us...
edit on 10-5-2012 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

What makes you think there is a difference between life and death? Its all about perspective. If we die and there is an afterlife, are we alive then or before we passed away? There is no past, future or present there is only the all thing!

Again do you see the dilemma?

We might be alive or dead or going to be alive in the future or alive at all the time.

It is THIS VERY What makes you think there is a difference between life and death? Its all about perspective. If we die and there is an afterlife, are we alive then or before we passed away? There is no past, future or present there is only the all thing!

IT IS THIS VERY POINT OF OUR LIVES.

I am talking to you. It may be my choice to talk to you. But why now? It could have happened billions of years ago.

It might be our choices, but it could have happened at any time. Why now? Why not in the past? Or in the future?
edit on 5/10/2012 by Deaf Alien because: Edit sorry I messed up my post.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

u should try to see ur question for its clarity first as objective fact, all answers are objective ways so questions are issues of objective contradictions that u as a subject are not involved inn
subjects are freedom value above absolute objective so cant b but positive constant sense to superiority

so the question why now? is how now exist? now exist bc suddenly there is a reality, how reality exist? bc objective exist clearly as absolute fact first

this is the proof of truth existence, which mean noone absolutely noone ok??

so from my opinion so as a relative answer reality to that perspective, u could b another relative answer from same objective perspective, well ... from my opinion i said,

now is for wat objective became absolute fact, all and any is real, then freedom sense out of objective perspective exist, so awareness all over the absolute reality is real
but freedom rights is only to true absolute facts, while objective is absolutely real but a lie from willing it, objective is not object only objects are true absolute facts
so my guess about the sense, is to destroy wills, which would release true absolute reality freedom n true individual freedom rights as being really above zero individually

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

oh and I know it was abit off-topic in my first post but I was also trying to make a point.. but what did you think about the time dilation issue, or reverse/negative time dilation?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

"but what did you think about the time dilation issue, or reverse/negative time dilation?"

I just hope it dosent mean one day we will be doing a #(Jobby) in reverse eh? Nasty!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
wat i said is confirmed by what we know being life

the issue is what they started by objective life, so life became absolute reality of those objectives, then awareness must b there while completely doomed not included and only enslaved to else objectives out

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I wonder if there's any philosophers who talked about this. I know
Sartre and others but they basically discussed existentialism. I think my question is a very good question. I thank you all for your replies.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wait a minute I was thinking about Schrödinger's thought experiment about that darn cat. The cat's neither alive nor dead. Still doesn't answer my question.

I guess we'll have to let this mystery to rest and just enjoy living.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

"I guess we'll have to let this mystery to rest and just enjoy living."

Spot on mate. See you answered your own question in the end by communion with others, the others being us lot(like minded individuals). Amazing how many times this happens eh? "If everybody just keeps talking" is how Prof Hawking put it in that old BT commercial if memory serves.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Thanks.

But what are the "BT commercials"?

Been there? LOL

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

waaat! lmao

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>